Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#25577 Feb 16, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already established that the origin of the word means a homosexual act.
No, you haven't. It's a sexual act, and can be performed by either heterosexuals or homosexuals.

Yes, Canton meant to insult you when he initially used the term. A "teabagger" is an insulting way to refer to a member of the Tea Party. But this whole homosexual aspect is something that you brought up (and are hanging onto like a junkyard dog.)

Give it a rest.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#25581 Feb 16, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, because it's new right now, also it hasn't been ruled the law of the land--just in states.
It will come. Just give it time.
How long exactly? In the Netherlands, same sex marriage has been legal for 13 years now. Still no reports of animal/human marriages there.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25582 Feb 16, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I was just wondering if Marcus Bachmann is supposed to have some significant meaning to me.
It never occurred to me that Marcus Bachmann was supposed to have some significant meaning to you, but don't you find the Bachmanns' antics pretty awesome?
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25583 Feb 16, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
Mutt, the best way to demonstrate that you aren't just reciting some simpleminded right wing "meme of the month" is to tell us how your ideas differ from what Fox News & Rush are telling us.
I explained to you in detail how Obama is violating the Constitution. He's been doing it for years. This is nothing new. You can either accept what the Constitution itself says about the duties of the president and Congress or you can keep reciting what tell you.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25584 Feb 16, 2014
kuda wrote:
It never occurred to me that Marcus Bachmann was supposed to have some significant meaning to you, but don't you find the Bachmanns' antics pretty awesome?
I haven't read much about them, especially not the husband. I paid more attention to Michele Bachmann's political career. She seemed like a good representative at first, but once she started running for president, I wasn't too impressed. I think she's retiring after this term.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25585 Feb 16, 2014
Old Guy,
mutt wrote:
I explained to you in detail how Obama is violating the Constitution. He's been doing it for years. This is nothing new. You can either accept what the Constitution itself says about the duties of the president and Congress or you can keep reciting what tell you.
That last sentence should have said "what Obama tells you".
Canton

Canton, OH

#25587 Feb 16, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already established that the origin of the word means a homosexual act. Now you just need to stop lying and admit that you call men teabaggers because of the sexual implication of the word. You're implying that they engage in homosexual acts. I'm a little confused by that, since you're a liberal. Why do you think homosexuality is something to be mocked and used as a slur?
Everybody calls you gun show conspiracy kooks Tea Baggers. I'd tell you that you are whipping a dead horse, but fear you will think it's obviously a reference to an obscure gay sex act, that a little known tribe once did in 1000 AD, before a volcano wiped them out, who now contact you in your dreams and teach you their secret language so that you and only you can tell us the true meaning of common terms. I don't think the gays should be mocked, but see nothing wrong with mocking Tea Bagging morons who can't come up with anything better than to agree with their own posts. That's where you come in... VOID
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25588 Feb 16, 2014
joanna50 wrote:
Yes I am being told who I can marry come on your not that dense and people are allowed more than one spouse according to the morons plus there was a stupid tv show about it.
Moron? Is that a typo?

Only one of the wives is legal. The others just claim to be his wives. They are being denied the right to marry the man they love.
Seriously bringing up beastiality and marrying daughters is the best argument you have for this?
You sound very condescending toward people who just want the same rights you want. I'm sure you're not naive enough to think that gays are the only group who wants the right to marry, are you? Shouldn't you be supporting these people who are being discriminated against?
Morality is based upon a individual not what the bible says, it is one's conscious.
Well, there are a lot of opinions about morality. Who's wins? Where does society draw the line?

Before you look down your nose at other illegal relationships, here are just a few examples of what the LGBT crowd expects society to accept as normal.

CA public schools must allow gender-confused kids to use whatever restroom they choose
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/12/cali...

Facebook adds 50+ gender options
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/13/face...

Fake "Man" gives birth to 3 kids
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Beatie

At what point can we call these things out for what they are? Anyone who needs 50 options in order to identify his/her gender is f'ed up. And the "guy" who gave birth to 3 kids is a woman, plain and simple. No amount of hormone treatments is going to change that. Instead of encouraging these bizarre things, we should say, I'm sorry you're f'ed up. Dress like the opposite sex if you must, but just be aware that something is really messed up in your head.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25589 Feb 16, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read much about them, especially not the husband. I paid more attention to Michele Bachmann's political career. She seemed like a good representative at first, but once she started running for president, I wasn't too impressed. I think she's retiring after this term.
Ho specifically did she initially seem like a good representative?
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25590 Feb 16, 2014
Kuda,

Michele Bachman seemed fiscally responsible, which was needed after the Bush years and the ridiculous spending Obama was doing. But she made some accusations against one or two of the republican candidates during the primary season that she wasn't able to back-up to my satisfaction. I don't remember specifically what they were, but it didn't matter ... she dropped out soon afterward.
Canton

Canton, OH

#25591 Feb 16, 2014
"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas." -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, April, 2009
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#25592 Feb 16, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>

I have no idea what goes on in the Netherlands...
What goes on in the Netherlands is that same sex couples have been getting married for 13 years there and none of your dumb ideas came to pass.

"Gay families are just one part of this changing landscape, which may explain the matter-of-fact attitude registered in a 2006 poll in which 82 percent of Dutch respondents said they backed same-sex marriages — the highest approval rate in the European Union. When the law passed in 2001, the approval rate was 62 percent, according to a BBC poll.

“I think the shift happened when people saw that it didn’t impact society in any way,” Ms. den Hoedt said,“while it made a big difference for the self-recognition and esteem of gay people.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/08/world/europ...
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25593 Feb 16, 2014
Canton wrote:
Everybody calls you gun show conspiracy kooks Tea Baggers. I'd tell you that you are whipping a dead horse, but fear you will think it's obviously a reference to an obscure gay sex act, that a little known tribe once did in 1000 AD, before a volcano wiped them out, who now contact you in your dreams and teach you their secret language so that you and only you can tell us the true meaning of common terms. I don't think the gays should be mocked, but see nothing wrong with mocking Tea Bagging morons who can't come up with anything better than to agree with their own posts. That's where you come in... VOID
I've never purchased a gun, either privately or from a dealer, and I've never been to a gun show. I don't belong to any Tea Party organization, and have never been to a rally (I stated that quite a while ago).

So, I don't know why you insist on calling me a teabagger, but if it gets you off to think of me that way, then go for it.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25594 Feb 16, 2014
Canton wrote:
"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas." -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, April, 2009
Nitrogen, oxygen, helium, hydrogen and the other gases that make up air are also harmful. She was probably referring to man-made global warming claims, and I agree with her in that context. I'm sure there have been studies that say MMGW is occurring, but they're false, based on the data.

http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/06/26/26gre...
Sun

Croton, OH

#25597 Feb 16, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nitrogen, oxygen, helium, hydrogen and the other gases that make up air are also harmful. She was probably referring to man-made global warming claims, and I agree with her in that context. I'm sure there have been studies that say MMGW is occurring, but they're false, based on the data.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....
No matter how good you are, the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
Canton

Canton, OH

#25598 Feb 16, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never purchased a gun, either privately or from a dealer, and I've never been to a gun show. I don't belong to any Tea Party organization, and have never been to a rally (I stated that quite a while ago).
So, I don't know why you insist on calling me a teabagger, but if it gets you off to think of me that way, then go for it.
Who can keep track of all the different names rightwing Christian Conservatives starting calling themselves to cover their tracks after the Bush fiasco. You seem more of a douchebag than a tea bagger anyway. We've already clearly established who likes to think of the common term tea bagger "that way".

Why would anyone think you were a Tea Party member? Michele Bachmann...Tea Party. Your views on just about anything you have mentioned on here? Tea Party. No one blames you for being ashamed to admit though. VOID

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#25599 Feb 16, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron? Is that a typo?
Only one of the wives is legal. The others just claim to be his wives. They are being denied the right to marry the man they love.
<quoted text>
You sound very condescending toward people who just want the same rights you want. I'm sure you're not naive enough to think that gays are the only group who wants the right to marry, are you? Shouldn't you be supporting these people who are being discriminated against?
<quoted text>
Well, there are a lot of opinions about morality. Who's wins? Where does society draw the line?
Before you look down your nose at other illegal relationships, here are just a few examples of what the LGBT crowd expects society to accept as normal.
CA public schools must allow gender-confused kids to use whatever restroom they choose
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/12/cali...
Facebook adds 50+ gender options
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/13/face...
Fake "Man" gives birth to 3 kids
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Beatie
At what point can we call these things out for what they are? Anyone who needs 50 options in order to identify his/her gender is f'ed up. And the "guy" who gave birth to 3 kids is a woman, plain and simple. No amount of hormone treatments is going to change that. Instead of encouraging these bizarre things, we should say, I'm sorry you're f'ed up. Dress like the opposite sex if you must, but just be aware that something is really messed up in your head.
Don't feel bad most people don't like change so your not alone. I suggest saying the Serenity prayer.
Canton

Canton, OH

#25600 Feb 16, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice of you to try to make her seem anything close to rational, but what she said was...

"We have checked [Michele Bachmann] 13 times, and seven of her claims [have been found] to be false and six have been found to be ridiculously false ... She is unusual in that regard that she has never gotten a rating higher than false."—Bill Adair, PolitiFact.com
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#25601 Feb 16, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
You say they are false because 2 EPA staff members (out of the thousands that work there) agree with you. And they aren't even scientists...

"EPA spokeswoman Adora Andy said earlier this week that Carlin is not a scientist and was not part of the working group that dealt with the endangerment issue."

Racer X

Chillicothe, OH

#25602 Feb 16, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so you equate formal education with "indoctrination"? Is that why you've avoided it?
Actually, education helps to avoid indoctrination, by giving one the tools to critically examine ideas presented. All that's asked of an indoctrinated individual is that they repeat the ideas they given, without analyzing them critically. An indoctrinated individual will have difficulty explaining how their personal ideas differ from the doctrine they received.
"Education is unbiased. It is founded in fact, and isn’t there to persuade anyone to come up with a certain belief. Education is development of one’s own beliefs based on the facts that are discovered throughout the process. Indoctrination has an agenda. It is used to encourage the embracing of another’s beliefs, and developing blinding and complete agreement with those beliefs."
http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneou...
Old Fart
I do fine with the education I have received, thank you.
Here's a bit of humor for you.
" I often have conversations with PhD's however I don't look to Topix for those conversations." ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 6 hr enough now 31,422
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr tcaud 19,486
Ferguson creates talking points in Dayton 18 hr Leon Harrison 1
Regarding agitators and demonstrators in Ferguson: 19 hr Leon Harrison 1
pants up, don't loot! 20 hr masterofconcretep... 3
It was fun, seeing MSNBC's Chrissy the Sissy Ha... Nov 25 The Hack Checker 1
Sheela Angel in East Dayton Nov 25 Fact 2
Springboro Dating
Find my Match

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro