mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25332 Feb 13, 2014
joanna50 wrote:
God made all life and to say Christian values are the basis of Americas greatness is a delusional statement.
What do you attribute it to?
America was great, past tense not so much anymore. I love my country but I am saddend by all the political bullshit and greed. There is no work ethic or loyalty, kids are disrespectful and lazy and it seems nobody wants to work for what they get.
You're proving my point here. The more our country turns its back on God, the worse things are getting.
I don't want the government in my personal business nor in my bedroom. I have no ill will towards the Christian religion nor any religion my beef is with Christians who judge me and aren't living the Christian way there ownselves. A lot of folks can talk the talk but few can walk the walk.
The citizens of a free country have the right to say what they will and won't accept in their society. As far as I'm concerned, whatever you do in your bedroom is your own business. But whatever legal recognition your activities get is another matter. For example, if these things were put on a ballot, this is how I would vote ...

Should homosexual activity be outlawed?
No

Should homosexual marriage be recognized by the state?
No

People should have the freedom to live their lives however they want, as long as they're not harming others. When an activity or lifestyle is recognized by the state, though, that brings me into it. I'm forced to accept it as being something that's valid and credible. I don't want my kids to be taught in health class that gay sex is okay, or that it's perfectly normal for little Joey to have two mommies. There's nothing normal about that.
decisions decisions

Cincinnati, OH

#25333 Feb 13, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure how much plainer you need it to be. As that goofy saying goes, "God made Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve".
The bible aside, homosexuality makes no sense whatsoever. It's like having two left hands. But both halves of humanity coming together to make a whole makes perfect sense. It's complete, it's natural, and it works.
<quoted text>
HIV isn't a risk for all groups. Uninfected people who are faithful in their lifetime relationships aren't at risk.
AIDS was first identified among MSM. It apparently spread to heterosexuals through bi-sexual relations. Still, even though there are many, many more heterosexuals than homosexuals, MSM account for the majority of HIV infections.
Concerning the US being the most powerful and prosperous nation on earth, it certainly was a result of Christian values, as well as an understanding of who God is. The founders recognized that all men are created equal, and that each one is endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights ... life, liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That concept set the United States apart from every other nation, and it allowed its citizens to pursue their dreams to the fullest.
If God-haters spent as much time trying to understand God, as they do nit-picking at verses and pointing fingers at the flawed human beings who believe, they might understand the good life that God wants for them, and that living self-controlled, decent lives is the only way to be free. No STDs, no unwed pregnancies, no addictions, stable home lives, hard working & honest.
Jesus said the two greatest commandments are to love God with all our hearts, and to love our neighbors as ourselves. These sum up the law and the prophets.(Simple, but difficult to do.)
By "god-haters," you appear to be referring to those who disagree with you. It begs the question whether you believe you're god. I suspect you do, or perhaps you just feel uniquely qualified to tell everyone exactly what's on god's mind.

What could be plainer, as you put it, would be the presence of any biblical statement prescribing marriage exclusively between one man and one woman. Yes, I'm aware of the extensive list of abominations and contradictions.

You say that "AIDS was first identified among MSM." I assume you're using the fringe cliché for "main stream media," meaning not Fox or Limbaugh. Still, the statement is unintelligible unless you actually believe that news reporters were the first AIDS victims. However, I believe you meant to suggest that there was some kind of conspiracy involved. Why would god punish gay men with AIDS and bless lesbians with the lowest rate of incidence? None of that makes any sense.

By the way, the founding fathers actually struck the words "god given right" and substituted "inalienable right" (not unalienable) in the final draft and they did it for a reason. Thanks Ben — RIP and party on!
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#25334 Feb 13, 2014
decisions decisions wrote:
<quoted text>
By "god-haters," you appear to be referring to those who disagree with you. It begs the question whether you believe you're god. I suspect you do, or perhaps you just feel uniquely qualified to tell everyone exactly what's on god's mind.
What could be plainer, as you put it, would be the presence of any biblical statement prescribing marriage exclusively between one man and one woman. Yes, I'm aware of the extensive list of abominations and contradictions.
You say that "AIDS was first identified among MSM." I assume you're using the fringe cliché for "main stream media," meaning not Fox or Limbaugh. Still, the statement is unintelligible unless you actually believe that news reporters were the first AIDS victims. However, I believe you meant to suggest that there was some kind of conspiracy involved. Why would god punish gay men with AIDS and bless lesbians with the lowest rate of incidence? None of that makes any sense.
By the way, the founding fathers actually struck the words "god given right" and substituted "inalienable right" (not unalienable) in the final draft and they did it for a reason. Thanks Ben — RIP and party on!
the 10 commandments

following them keeps you out of trouble.

including disease.

can you think of any religion that disagrees with what the 10 commandments say?

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#25335 Feb 13, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you attribute it to?
<quoted text>
You're proving my point here. The more our country turns its back on God, the worse things are getting.
<quoted text>
The citizens of a free country have the right to say what they will and won't accept in their society. As far as I'm concerned, whatever you do in your bedroom is your own business. But whatever legal recognition your activities get is another matter. For example, if these things were put on a ballot, this is how I would vote ...
Should homosexual activity be outlawed?
No
Should homosexual marriage be recognized by the state?
No
People should have the freedom to live their lives however they want, as long as they're not harming others. When an activity or lifestyle is recognized by the state, though, that brings me into it. I'm forced to accept it as being something that's valid and credible. I don't want my kids to be taught in health class that gay sex is okay, or that it's perfectly normal for little Joey to have two mommies. There's nothing normal about that.
How am I proving your point, I am unclear on what your point is unless its all good what others do as long as you don't have to reconigize differing lifestyles than your own. My getting married doesn't have any legal bearing on your life, how would me marrying another woman affect you?. I don't want my kids taught sex in school that's not their job that would be mine as a parent. And as far as little joey having two mommies how is that any more abnormal than where the hell is joeys dad. As long as the kid is loved and taught morals and values I don't care if he is raised by wolves. You don't have to believe in my lifestyle its none of your business but to deny me the same rights as you have is unconstitunional and im fairly certain against what God would want.
Canton

Canton, OH

#25336 Feb 13, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
It is 5:30 Am, and I took a break from Topix, and will again till tomorrow AM.
When you say I am mad, the trolls on here are a plague ruining this country
All your above excuses for deviant behavior are excuses.
Maybe AIDS infected people need banned from public places and all hospitals and clinics?
a needle may stick an uninfected person.
with guns the thought of someone shooting someone has people wanting a ban, but there is far greater chance of getting AIDS at the hospital because of some deviants bedroom play.
Ooooh I know. What if we make everyone get a mark that shows if they are infected. It could also be used to keep illegal aliens out of our country and let us know if the person has a criminal record. We can call it the "Patriot Mark" and anyone who refuses to get it would obviously be a terrorist. Forcing people to get the "Patriot mark" would in fact line up perfectly with a rightwing Conservative agenda, AND it would finally be absolute PROOF that the Bible was right all along...right?
Canton

Canton, OH

#25337 Feb 13, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
the 10 commandments
including disease.
Could you imagine how primitive someone would have to be, if the only reason they weren't randomly murdering people is because some old book of fables told them it was wrong? Someone must have shared the 10 Commandments with the squirrels that live in neighborhood, because even they don't just randomly kill each other. Many of the commandments seem to be geared at protecting the wealthy. Not that the church parking lot full of Lexus SUVs doesn't "covet" the rusted out beater car that the poor guy is driving.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#25338 Feb 13, 2014
joanna50 wrote:
<quoted text>How am I proving your point, I am unclear on what your point is unless its all good what others do as long as you don't have to reconigize differing lifestyles than your own. My getting married doesn't have any legal bearing on your life, how would me marrying another woman affect you?. I don't want my kids taught sex in school that's not their job that would be mine as a parent. And as far as little joey having two mommies how is that any more abnormal than where the hell is joeys dad. As long as the kid is loved and taught morals and values I don't care if he is raised by wolves. You don't have to believe in my lifestyle its none of your business but to deny me the same rights as you have is unconstitunional and im fairly certain against what God would want.
what right don't you have that I do?
Canton

Canton, OH

#25339 Feb 13, 2014
Strange that the guy who claims to follow the 10 Commandments is the only one on here making death threats.
Canton

Canton, OH

#25340 Feb 13, 2014
Also, very interesting that the self proclaimed "Christians" on here are usually the ones getting busted for telling lies.
decisions aka kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25341 Feb 13, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
the 10 commandments
including disease.
I agree with you that following the ten commandments will help people stay out of trouble and that indeed may have some pro health consequences. However, these may be attributable to a variety of mechanisms, not to any either direct or specific, the one exception being the ban on adultery that would spread infectious diseases.

There are religions that developed separately from Christianity and hence do not agree with all ten of the commandments, especially the first four. Consider Buddhism, Hinduism and Taoism, which are traditions considerably separate from Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The first four commandments pertain to man's vertical relationship (i.e., with god), whereas the remainder refer to our horizontal relationships (i.e., with one another).I'm aware of no religion, past or contemporary, that advocates violating the last six commandments.

Thanks for keeping an open mind. You ask interesting questions, good for discussion.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#25342 Feb 13, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
walking the talk was taught to me my my parents, and is now part of life like shaving is normal daily behavior.
not walking the tack by the person, and watch the excuses vomit from their mouths.
I have no need to judge anyone with exception of my wanting to spend time with them, or where I spend my money.
Judgement day is an appointment every human has when they die. For all to many, It also is the 1st appointment guaranteed you will on time for.
You're living proof that reincarnation does exist. No one can become anywhere near as stupid as you are in one lifetime.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25343 Feb 13, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooh I know. What if we make everyone get a mark that shows if they are infected. It could also be used to keep illegal aliens out of our country and let us know if the person has a criminal record. We can call it the "Patriot Mark" and anyone who refuses to get it would obviously be a terrorist. Forcing people to get the "Patriot mark" would in fact line up perfectly with a rightwing Conservative agenda, AND it would finally be absolute PROOF that the Bible was right all along...right?
I think you're onto something here.. What could be more traditionally Christian than a good old-fashioned stigmata or say "real American Patriot™" than proudly wearing a always-fashionable scarlet letter that proclaims "I get around." We need a We The People™ pass to expedite our matriculation through those pesky TSA rituals. The TSA should ceremoniously salute Patriots™ as they waive them through their airport checkpoints to board first, even before pregnant moms, through the Delta concourse. Membership has its privileges.

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#25344 Feb 13, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
what right don't you have that I do?
I can not marry a person of the same sex, if I was wanting to marry another woman I cannot.
Canton

Canton, OH

#25345 Feb 13, 2014
In the Bible, Jesus tells us to love our enemies and give them your coat. When the Christian Coalition wholeheartedly endorsed GW Bush's war against Christianity's number one religious rival, the Muslims, it must have been to cover shipping costs of all those coats they were sending their enemies.

Also, all the rightwing Christian Conservatives who are currently stocking up on handguns and military grade assault weapons must be repeating "Thou shall not kill" over and over again as they load the 100 round drum clip on their AK-47s. I'm guessing "Turn the other cheek" has something to do with when you swap out two 30 round clips you have duct taped together.

Strange that our current Pope is so despised by the right, when he is obviously closer to living as Christ intended than any Pope we have known before him. Wonder why?
Canton

Canton, OH

#25346 Feb 13, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're onto something here.. What could be more traditionally Christian than a good old-fashioned stigmata or say "real American Patriot™" than proudly wearing a always-fashionable scarlet letter that proclaims "I get around." We need a We The People™ pass to expedite our matriculation through those pesky TSA rituals. The TSA should ceremoniously salute Patriots™ as they waive them through their airport checkpoints to board first, even before pregnant moms, through the Delta concourse. Membership has its privileges.
Also, the "Patriot Mark" would instantly stop identity theft.
Canton

Canton, OH

#25347 Feb 13, 2014
Everyone should have a "Patriot Mark" that states their criminal record, their current health status, and their financial standing. Nothing could be bought or sold without the "Patriot Mark". Only a terrorist would decline the "Patriot Mark". Presto-Proof the Bible was right all along. What a perfect rightwing Christian Conservative agenda.
Canton

Canton, OH

#25348 Feb 13, 2014
Since Jesus will be back any minute now, I think it's fine that we cash in on future generations and exploit our natural resources for money.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25349 Feb 13, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
Unless they get it through an accidental needle stick, or through a blood transfusion, or from a partner who is HIV positive. Or you were born with it, because your mother was infected.
It's a disease, to which we are all vulnerable.
Innocent people -- not the ones who get it from having sex with an infected partner -- are vulnerable because of the reckless behaviors of others, not because of their own choices. Those instances are probably uncommon, if not rare. AIDS isn't spread like the flu.
"In 2009, an estimated 27% of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infections in the United States were attributed to heterosexual contact."
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm62...
Yes, I already posted about that. You left out the part about homosexuals being only 2% of the population, but accounting for 70+ percent of all HIV infections. The number of heterosexuals who have it is miniscule in comparison. AIDS is a gay disease. Some in the gay community are honest enough to acknowledge that.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/homosexual-le...
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25350 Feb 13, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, the "Patriot Mark" would instantly stop identity theft.
Even better, it would finally put an end to the myth of identity itself. All bearers would think and speak alike the words of the same script without any hint of pretense of possessing separate souls — just one folk, one leader, one nation under god with liberty and justice for all. God bless America and Rush Limbaugh. Mega-kudos, mien leader!
Canton

Canton, OH

#25351 Feb 13, 2014
right wingers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This is your lucky Monday! 26 min Fan of Leon The Man 3
Charter school complaints prompt wider probe 1 hr Fan of Leon The Man 2
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 3 hr thank you 31,265
Looking for Prentice Richardson (Aka Buddy) (Apr '12) 14 hr hitchiker 7
Concealed carry in Boro's schools - not a matte... (Jul '13) 14 hr last measure 69
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 19 hr WARRIOR 19,207
Community Keeps Calm Despite Questions About Wa... Tue Fan of Leon The Man 1
•••
•••
•••

Springboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE