Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Canton

Canton, OH

#25032 Feb 5, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It's a complicated story. He had a Democratic "super majority" (which is what you need to get things done) for only about 6 months. He used that time to pass healthcare reform.
"Depending upon which metric is used, Democrats had a super majority for roughly six months which includes the seven weeks between Franken’s swearing-in on July 8 to Ted Kennedy’s death on August 25 and the four months and nine days between Paul Kirk’s swearing-in on September 25, 2009 to his replacement by Scott Brown on February 4, 2010. This was just barely enough time to pass the biggest and most difficult health care legislation in generations; an event that would likely never have happened under any other circumstances. This also happened under the onslaught of every procedural obstruction the Republicans could put in its path."
http://538refugees.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/t...
Thanks Old Guy. Wouldn't want their "outrage" based on false propaganda...again.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25034 Feb 5, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
And how likely would it seem to you that every single dinosaur, after being the dominant life form for 135 million years, would also be dead? There are many extinct animals and plants.
Yes, there are extinct animals and plants. But like you said, every single dinosaur is gone, both large and small. Not just a few types. Was every single species incapable of surviving, or did something wipe them out?

Was every single species of hominid incapable of surviving, after having lived and multiplied for millions of years? Or was there also a catastrophic occurrence that wiped every one of them out, but miraculously avoided wiping out primates and modern man? I wonder what the odds of that would be.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25035 Feb 5, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
It's a complicated story. He had a Democratic "super majority" (which is what you need to get things done) for only about 6 months. He used that time to pass healthcare reform.
What the democrats actually did was gut a non-healthcare-related spending bill that had passed the House (because all spending bills must originate in the House), then they filled it with the ObamaCare legislation. It was illegal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obamacare#Legisl...

"The Senate began work on its own proposals while the House was still working on the Affordable Health Care for America Act. Instead, the Senate took up H.R. 3590, a bill regarding housing tax breaks for service members.[89] As the United States Constitution requires all revenue-related bills to originate in the House,[90] the Senate took up this bill since it was first passed by the House as a revenue-related modification to the Internal Revenue Code. The bill was then used as the Senate's vehicle for their healthcare reform proposal, completely revising the content of the bill."
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#25036 Feb 5, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Let me explain commie wealth distribution:
You and I are discussing matters on this board, and in our exchange, you tell me that you have a car for sale. By chance, I am looking for a car just like yours, and we agree to meet for a possible sale.
When we meet, you tell me that you are asking $15,000 for your car. I think the price is not only acceptable, but a great price. So I give you my $15,000, and you give me the title and car.
About three months later, you get a knock at your door. It's a Democrat politician. He tells you that he heard about our transaction, and the conversation goes like this:
Demorat politician: Ray gave you $15,000 of his money, and now he has none. We are here to take 1/3 of that money away to give back to Ray.
Van Wert: Well if Ray's not happy with the car, by all means, tell him to bring it back and I'll return his $15,000!
Democrat politician: No,no,no. You don't understand. Ray gets to keep the car, and you have to give us $5,000 so we can give that money back to Ray. You see, he concentrated his wealth to you in exchange for something he wanted. As a Democrat politician, I think it's totally unfair. So hand it over!!!!
If we are to demand wealth redistribution whereas our money that we begged the wealthy to take from us for their product or service, would it not be fair to give them their product or service back? Because what the liberals want to do to the wealthy is no different than what they wanted to do to you after my car purchase.
That's what wealth redistribution is.
Nice bag of lies, copy and pasted from a far right wing,teabag paid for with dark money foundation. There is no way that you came up with that load of crap on your own.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#25037 Feb 5, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Nice bag of lies, copy and pasted from a far right wing,teabag paid for with dark money foundation. There is no way that you came up with that load of crap on your own.
you are a joke

calling the post you responded to as a bag of lies is proof of your drunken stupor of liberal kook aide.

enjoy your buzz....it is going to be short lived and erased.
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#25038 Feb 5, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a joke
calling the post you responded to as a bag of lies is proof of your drunken stupor of liberal kook aide.
enjoy your buzz....it is going to be short lived and erased.
I'm a joke? I'm not the one who admitted to sleeping with mommy. That's just sick. Well geez, look at the source. Looks like the way you reply to everything points at you being in a constant drunken stupor. Or is it drugs?
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25039 Feb 5, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
Oh yeah mutt:
New SCIENTIFIC findings just released in the past few days show that the DNA in Neanderthals exist in today's modern mans DNA. Disprove them with a real argument and facts.
What, exactly, are the differences between "modern" man and Neanderthals? Take a look at this article:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/modern-humans-mor...

The opinions about so-called Neanderthals appear to be fabricated.

And as for dating methods, those are completely unreliable. Here's an interesting article about dating:
http://www.examiner.com/article/radiometric-d...

".... not only is the nature of Java Man unsettled, but so is its age. All that anyone can say for certain is that it is no older than the earth itself. Such discrepancies are, furthermore, much more common than supposed, and illustrate the folly of trying to date a past event without the testimony of unimpeachable witnesses."

That confirms what I told Old Guy about the ice core samples. Without documentation at the time, it's impossible to say how old anything is. There are too many variables that may have affected the samples, plus we don't know how accurate our methods are.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#25040 Feb 5, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a joke? I'm not the one who admitted to sleeping with mommy. That's just sick. Well geez, look at the source. Looks like the way you reply to everything points at you being in a constant drunken stupor. Or is it drugs?
your stupidity and total lack of substance is showing again.

if you aren't spinning, you aren't typing
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#25041 Feb 5, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
your stupidity and total lack of substance is showing again.
if you aren't spinning, you aren't typing
You've been so boring the last couple days. Tell us more about how Obama had less votes in 2012 than McCain had in 2008 or something equally silly again. That's when you are fun.
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#25042 Feb 5, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there are extinct animals and plants. But like you said, every single dinosaur is gone, both large and small. Not just a few types.
Actually, modern birds are the last survivors of the dinosaur line. Science is uncertain of what killed the rest of the dinosaurs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_birds
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Was every single species of hominid incapable of surviving, after having lived and multiplied for millions of years? Or was there also a catastrophic occurrence that wiped every one of them out, but miraculously avoided wiping out primates and modern man?
I've already explained to you that some of the hominids did survive: 2 species of genus Pan, 2 species of genus Gorilla), 2 species of genus Pongo, and one species of genus Homo (humans). There was no catastrophic event that wiped out the others.
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#25043 Feb 5, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
What, exactly, are the differences between "modern" man and Neanderthals? Take a look at this article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/modern-humans-mor...
The opinions about so-called Neanderthals appear to be fabricated.
There's nothing in that article to support your last statement.
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
And as for dating methods, those are completely unreliable. Here's an interesting article about dating:
http://www.examiner.com/article/radiometric-d...
Yeah, not from a scientific source at all, but from a "creationism examiner" Terry Hurlbut.

"A serious student of politics and political philosophy since his Yale (1980) days, Terry A. Hurlbut analyzes current political events from the perspective of some of the finest political theorists of the Western world, from Locke to Paine to Tocqueville to Rand."

I'm not impressed.
hgvdfghcfvbn nbgf

Cincinnati, OH

#25044 Feb 5, 2014
boo
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25045 Feb 5, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
Actually, modern birds are the last survivors of the dinosaur line. Science is uncertain of what killed the rest of the dinosaurs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_birds
It's an assumption on the part of evolutionists that birds evolved from dinosaurs. Some scientists think that dinosaurs evolved from birds. Maybe neither thing happened. These scientists can't even decide whether "Longisquama insignis" had feathers or scales:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/103...

Dinosaurs are extinct.
I've already explained to you that some of the hominids did survive: 2 species of genus Pan, 2 species of genus Gorilla), 2 species of genus Pongo, and one species of genus Homo (humans). There was no catastrophic event that wiped out the others.
There are no transitional species alive between monkeys/apes and modern humans.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#25046 Feb 5, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been so boring the last couple days. Tell us more about how Obama had less votes in 2012 than McCain had in 2008 or something equally silly again. That's when you are fun.
have you found anyone desperate enough to date you yet?
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#25047 Feb 5, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no transitional species alive between monkeys/apes and modern humans.
True. But we know they did exist because of fossil and DNA evidence.

"Humans are primates. Physical and genetic similarities show that the modern human species, Homo sapiens, has a very close relationship to another group of primate species, the apes. Humans and the great apes (large apes) of Africa -- chimpanzees (including bonobos, or so-called “pygmy chimpanzees”) and gorillas -- share a common ancestor that lived between 8 and 6 million years ago. Humans first evolved in Africa, and much of human evolution occurred on that continent. The fossils of early humans who lived between 6 and 2 million years ago come entirely from Africa.

Most scientists currently recognize some 15 to 20 different species of early humans. Scientists do not all agree, however, about how these species are related or which ones simply died out. Many early human species -- certainly the majority of them – left no living descendants."

http://humanorigins.si.edu/resources/intro-hu...
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25048 Feb 5, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
There's nothing in that article to support your last statement.
I don't see any distinction between so-called "Neanderthals" and "modern" humans.
Yeah, not from a scientific source at all, but from a "creationism examiner" Terry Hurlbut.
Yes, I know how important "scientific sources" are to evolutionists.

Is this better? Same information, just a more palatable source:
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/java-man-...

"New age estimates for Homo erectus fossils on the Indonesian island of Java have physical anthropologists scratching their crania.

After convincing most of their colleagues that H. erectus may have persisted on the Indonesian island of Java as recently as 30,000 years ago — late enough to have coexisted in Asia with modern humans for more than 100,000 years — anthropologists presented new analyses April 14 suggesting the fossils in question may actually predate Homo sapiens by hundreds of thousands of years.

It all depends which radiometric method you use to assess the fossils’ age, New York University anthropologist Susan Antón reported at the annual meeting of the American Association of Physical Anthropologists."
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#25049 Feb 5, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
have you found anyone desperate enough to date you yet?
See what I mean? That's boring. Tell us about those election numbers.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25050 Feb 5, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
True. But we know they did exist because of fossil and DNA evidence.....

Most scientists currently recognize some 15 to 20 different species of early humans. Scientists do not all agree, however, about how these species are related or which ones simply died out. Many early human species -- certainly the majority of them – left no living descendants."
http://humanorigins.si.edu/resources/intro-hu...
There has been DNA testing done on transitional species other than "Neanderthals"?

The fossil evidence is highly suspect. The reconstruction of a skull that's been smashed to 4 cm in height isn't real convincing.
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#25051 Feb 5, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see any distinction between so-called "Neanderthals" and "modern" humans.
<quoted text>
"Krings et al. then compared this sequence against a database of 994 different mtDNA sequences from modern humans. For the sequence of mtDNA in question, humans on average differ from each other in 8 +/- 3.1 positions (the '3.1' represents one standard deviation). The greatest difference between any two modern humans was 24, and the smallest difference was 1 (because duplicates were removed from the database).

By contrast, the Neandertal genome had an average of 27 +/- 2.2 differences from modern humans (3.375 times the average difference between modern humans). The smallest difference between any human and the Neandertal was 22, and the largest difference between any human and the Neandertal was 36. These differences put the Neandertal genome well outside the limits of modern humans."

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/mtDNA.ht...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#25052 Feb 5, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
See what I mean? That's boring. Tell us about those election numbers.
so you are still with the rubber doll then.

try putting a bag over your head....maybe that will help.

there has to be someone desperate enough to be with you.

check craigslist.....run a ad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Is Trump a national security threat?" 1 hr The Duke of Hazard 17
don't waste your time or gas applying at Fuyao. (Jan '15) 4 hr Sinclairbroadcast... 82
D.P.&L. Sucks! 6 hr The Duke of Hazard 6
Why Donald Trump is hated in Scotland... 6 hr Literature Lover 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 12 hr Levy Hater 31,918
News Inmates caught in Ohio following 'Shawshank' st... 15 hr wichita-rick 3
Andy's Dean's "America Now" cancelled! (Jul '14) Thu The Duke of Hazard 42
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springboro Mortgages