Pops

Newport, KY

#24873 Jan 31, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence, Pops? Or is that just a factoid you heard on talk radio? I've always thought that Obama played down his blackness, and acted like the average bright white guy. That's probably why he was elected twice. At least half of your comments focus on his race, while offering no specifics about what you dislike. It makes you look bad.
Come on Old Guy. Don't insult yourself. I believe that you are smart enough to know that what I posted is true.
I truly don't care about his race, gender, age, height, weight or anything else that is superficial.
I have been an employer & cared only if someone could work with others & benefit the business. Color, short, tall, young, old, male, female, had a limp, or whatever didn't matter IF they were an asset to the bottom line. That is what made the company money & thusly them money.
IF Obama 'played down his race' as you say, with HIS ego & self serving attitude, it is because his advisers/handlers have counseled him well. Like turning his back on Jeremiah Wright after 20 yrs after his advisers clued him in.
Getting elected twice is a result of successful 'marketing' which sadly is something EVERY politician relies on...image marketing.
I can add more but this should be enough.
Canton

Canton, OH

#24874 Feb 1, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Is "Reality Speaks" actually a girl, or are you calling him that because you think girls are inferior?
<quoted text>
Those pagan gods must have been real losers, Anybody care about 'em now? Nope? Well, merry Christmas to all, then.
I don't have to answer to someone who has already been proven to be a liar. Jesus will be a floater right next to Zeus and Ra. In fact, that's what all of this is really about. A dying religion and a country that you guys don't recognize anymore. Mayberry is burning and Americans love it.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#24875 Feb 1, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to answer to someone who has already been proven to be a liar. Jesus will be a floater right next to Zeus and Ra. In fact, that's what all of this is really about. A dying religion and a country that you guys don't recognize anymore. Mayberry is burning and Americans love it.
after reading above, I declare you a terrorist.

You must have re-defined American, because you have ZERO resemblance to one.

You are the problem with America, and she is about to abort you.

have fun.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24876 Feb 1, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
As it is taught in religion, God was always there. There was no beginning for him. How is that possible?
As I said before, religion does not have to make logical sense. It is a stories that early man told himself trying to explain a very complicated world, and develop rules for living together. We now know that some of those stories were wrong in the literal sense.

I'm sure you know that Galileo got into trouble with the Catholic religion, when he noted (quite correctly) that the Earth was not the center of the universe, but rotated around the sun.

"In the Catholic world prior to Galileo's conflict with the Church, the majority of educated people subscribed to the Aristotelian geocentric view that the earth was the center of the universe and that all heavenly bodies revolved around the Earth, despite the use of Copernican theories to reform the calendar in 1582.

Geocentrism agreed with a literal interpretation of Scripture in several places, such as 1 Chronicles 16:30, Psalm 93:1, Psalm 96:10, Psalm 104:5, Ecclesiastes 1:5 (in contrast with Job 26:7). Heliocentrism, the theory that the Earth was a planet, which along with all the others revolved around the Sun, contradicted both geocentrism and the prevailing theological support of the theory."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_affair

Somehow, the Catholic Church and the Bible both survived being wrong on this factual point.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24877 Feb 1, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it possible the universe goes on forever? And even if we ventured out into the universe far enough and found a wall, what's behind the wall?
I remember having the very same thought when I was young, and thinking they could just take a jackhammer to that wall! Actually, this is an active scientific discussion, with those that believe that the universe is finite, while others believe it is infinite. The finite universe would not have a wall, but could curve back upon itself. If you took a walk around our planet, that might seem infinite, but eventually you'd wind up back where you started.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#24878 Feb 1, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
As I said before, religion does not have to make logical sense. It is a stories that early man told himself trying to explain a very complicated world...
Much like evolution is the modern man's way of trying to explain a very complicated world without God. And it might have worked, except the world is, indeed, very complicated ... one that requires a designer.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#24879 Feb 1, 2014
Canton wrote:
I don't have to answer to someone who has already been proven to be a liar.
You just answered.
Mayberry is burning and Americans love it.
Another lie. Mayberry is burning, and Americans are upset about it:

&fe ature=player_embedded
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24881 Feb 1, 2014
Oops. That first line should read: "I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed some of YOUR thoughtful responses on this question."
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24882 Feb 1, 2014
And, I meant to say "I have always been impressed with the intellectualism of the Catholic CHURCH."

I've got to start proofreading my replies a bit closer!
Canton

Canton, OH

#24884 Feb 1, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
after reading above, I declare you a terrorist.
You must have re-defined American, because you have ZERO resemblance to one.
You are the problem with America, and she is about to abort you.
have fun.
I am the poster child for all things American. You however claimed you were going to flee the country if Obama got elected. That makes you both a liar and traitor in one fell swoop. Now let's combine that with the fact that you completely agreed with Timothy McVeigh on just about every topic and you have the real face of domestic terrorists in America. Now about that check list of fascism that your agenda matches to the letter. Also, let's not forget your "Conservative Hero", Vladimir Putin. You truly are a patriot.
Canton

Canton, OH

#24885 Feb 1, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
You just answered.
<quoted text>
Another lie. Mayberry is burning, and Americans are upset about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =L7mYg6Gt15oXX&feature=pla yer_embedded
No need to even click on your link. Youtube as the source of anything about sums you up. Better stick to agreeing with your own posts, lil Putin fan.
Canton

Canton, OH

#24886 Feb 1, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like evolution is the modern man's way of trying to explain a very complicated world without God. And it might have worked, except the world is, indeed, very complicated ... one that requires a designer.
Yah, the concept of all this always being is absurd. Just ask God, the Alpha and Omega. Ha ha ha ha! I'm a Deist like the founders of this great nation. Christianity hi-jacked the country for decades and now I get to watch as America shrugs you off like a cheese scented coat. The cool thing about people who actually believe in science is we don't pretend that we have the answers like you do, seeing there is no possible way you know how all this started or what happens after we die. Saying that you know the answer to these things is not only arrogant, but also what's known as a lie. Something you and all your imaginary friends are very knowledgeable on. You can stick to your rapidly fading fear based superstitions and the rest of us will gleefully leave your conniving 3000 year old lice infested shepherd ways in the past.
Canton

Canton, OH

#24887 Feb 1, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
much easier to ignore you, and if you get feisty about it, just duct tape your mouth.
loons like you swim in Canadian water.
You are creepy. I see you have slipped back into your "It puts the lotion in the basket" mode. When you aren't duct taping people's mouths shut, you like to fish for Marlin in Best Buy's parking lot. Also, responding to my post is really "ignoring" me...right?
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#24888 Feb 1, 2014
Canton wrote:
No need to even click on your link. Youtube as the source of anything about sums you up. Better stick to agreeing with your own posts, lil Putin fan.
You don't want to listen to some black people in Chicago talk about the great job Obama is doing? They produced the video. What are you afraid of ... aren't you dems the ones who are doing so much for the blacks?
&fe ature=player_embedded

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#24889 Feb 1, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...after stammering "Mission Accomplished", you really want to take it there? Oh, and...how many US soldiers died because Obama sent them off to attack the wrong country? Bet you were as quiet as a church mouse through all that. Also, could you go ahead and give us a link to the "coalition of 'Blacks for Obama'" thing you were talking about? Bet you can't.
I believe you owe "XYZ" an apology:
http://l.barackobama.com/african-americans/
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#24890 Feb 1, 2014
Canton wrote:
Yah, the concept of all this always being is absurd. Just ask God, the Alpha and Omega. Ha ha ha ha! I'm a Deist like the founders of this great nation. Christianity hi-jacked the country for decades and now I get to watch as America shrugs you off like a cheese scented coat. The cool thing about people who actually believe in science is we don't pretend that we have the answers like you do, seeing there is no possible way you know how all this started or what happens after we die.
Lie. Again.

I actually said I have no idea how God or matter came into existence. I said that our world is too complex to have been created by happenstance, and that schools should be allowed to teach both evolution and ID. You, on the other hand, want to completely shut out other people's ideas ... just like a good little fascist.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24891 Feb 1, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion had their philosophers as well. But how were they different than scientists? They had a theory sometimes wrong and sometimes right.
No, in religion you have the received word of God, not a theory. When a scientist's theory is proved to be wrong, the scientist accepts that, and moves on. The church will reject the proof as heresy, and punish you. When the church was in control, those punishments would include torture and death. That's the possibility Galileo faced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisit...
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
This planet and all the beings on it is just too perfect to happen without somebody or something planning it.
And yet, the most perfect being in your conception is the Creator, but no one planned him.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I would sooner believe that we are an experiment planet created by aliens of a much more advanced life than I am believing in some theory that we were once apes and developed throughout the centuries.
Actually, evolution says that both man and ape have a common ancestor, not that man descended from apes. You can choose not to believe that (despite the evidence of the fossil record and genetic studies), but that puts you at odds with the scientific community. Lucky for you, they don't enforce their beliefs with torture and death.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24892 Feb 1, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie. Again.
I actually said I have no idea how God or matter came into existence. I said that our world is too complex to have been created by happenstance, and that schools should be allowed to teach both evolution and ID.
Schools are allowed to teach the religious version of creation, in both literature and religion classes. But they can't teach it as science, because there is no evidence to support it, and much evidence against it.

Do you feel that churches should be compelled to preach evolution, or does your sense of "fairness" stop there?

"Evolution is also one of the most misunderstood and controversial concepts in the eyes of the general public. This situation is unfortunate, because the controversy surrounding evolution is unnecessary. Resistance to evolution stems in part from misunderstanding science and how it is distinct from religion. Science and religion provide different ways of knowing the Earth and universe. Science proceeds by testing hypotheses and thus is restricted to natural, testable explanations. By definition, science is unable to confirm or deny the existence or work of a Creator; such questions are beyond the realm of science. As a scientific concept, evolution therefore can make no reference to a Creator. Many people of faith, including scientists, find no conflict between evolution and their religion; in fact, many religious denominations have issued statements supporting evolution. Science and religion need not conflict."

http://www.agiweb.org/news/evolution/foreword...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24893 Feb 1, 2014
"In his encyclical Humani Generis (1950), my predecessor Pius XII has already affirmed that there is no conflict between evolution and the doctrine of the faith regarding man and his vocation, provided that we do not lose sight of certain fixed points…. Today, more than a half-century after the appearance of that encyclical, some new findings lead us toward the recognition of evolution as more than an hypothesis. In fact it is remarkable that this theory has had progressively greater influence on the spirit of researchers, following a series of discoveries in different scholarly disciplines. The convergence in the results of these independent studies — which was neither planned nor sought — constitutes in itself a significant argument in favor of the theory.”
— Pope John Paul II, Message to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, October 22, 1996.

http://www.nas.edu/evolution/StatementsReligi...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#24894 Feb 1, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the poster child for all things American. You however claimed you were going to flee the country if Obama got elected. That makes you both a liar and traitor in one fell swoop. Now let's combine that with the fact that you completely agreed with Timothy McVeigh on just about every topic and you have the real face of domestic terrorists in America. Now about that check list of fascism that your agenda matches to the letter. Also, let's not forget your "Conservative Hero", Vladimir Putin. You truly are a patriot.
you are a loon

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheela Angel in East Dayton 5 hr SheIsNasty 1
"Local literary fame is a pain" 10 hr Fan of Leon The Man 4
Evil Stick, The Demonic Dollar Store Toy 11 hr Rosaline92 5
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr WARRIOR 19,468
Another Saturday night on Seville Drive... 13 hr Old Cold Warrior 2
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 20 hr One Voice Many Co... 31,413
Review: Wilmington Apartments (May '09) 23 hr looking 70
Springboro Dating
Find my Match

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:39 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:39PM