Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24415 Jan 24, 2014
Super Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't be long before the American public catches up to the majority of scientists & meteorologists, and they'll figure out they've been played by crooked scientists and liberal politicians.
Where are "the majority of scientists & meteorologists" publishing their research? Because, in the scientific journals that deal with climate change, there is overwhelming support for man-made global warming.

"An accurate perception of the degree of scientific consensus is an essential element to public support for climate policy (Ding et al 2011). Communicating the scientific consensus also increases people's acceptance that climate change (CC) is happening (Lewandowsky et al 2012). Despite numerous indicators of a consensus, there is wide public perception that climate scientists disagree over the fundamental cause of global warming (GW; Leiserowitz et al 2012, Pew 2012). In the most comprehensive analysis performed to date, we have extended the analysis of peer-reviewed climate papers in Oreskes (2004). We examined a large sample of the scientific literature on global CC, published over a 21 year period, in order to determine the level of scientific consensus that human activity is very likely causing most of the current GW (anthropogenic global warming, or AGW)."

"The peer-reviewed scientific literature provides a ground-level assessment of the degree of consensus among publishing scientists. An analysis of abstracts published from 1993–2003 matching the search 'global climate change' found that none of 928 papers disagreed with the consensus position on AGW (Oreskes 2004). This is consistent with an analysis of citation networks that found a consensus on AGW forming in the early 1990s (Shwed and Bearman 2010).

Despite these independent indicators of a scientific consensus, the perception of the US public is that the scientific community still disagrees over the fundamental cause of GW. From 1997 to 2007, public opinion polls have indicated around 60% of the US public believes there is significant disagreement among scientists about whether GW was happening (Nisbet and Myers 2007). Similarly, 57% of the US public either disagreed or were unaware that scientists agree that the earth is very likely warming due to human activity (Pew 2012)."

"The narrative presented by some dissenters is that the scientific consensus is '...on the point of collapse'(Oddie 2012) while '...the number of scientific "heretics" is growing with each passing year'(Allègre et al 2012). A systematic, comprehensive review of the literature provides quantitative evidence countering this assertion. The number of papers rejecting AGW is a miniscule proportion of the published research, with the percentage slightly decreasing over time. Among papers expressing a position on AGW, an overwhelming percentage (97.2% based on self-ratings, 97.1% based on abstract ratings) endorses the scientific consensus on AGW."

http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/8/2/02402...
Realty Speaks

Columbus, OH

#24416 Jan 24, 2014
man made global warming.......

man failed again.....it is even cold in Florida.

where can that global warming be purchased at?

Since: Jan 14

Chillicothe, OH

#24417 Jan 24, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
Where are "the majority of scientists & meteorologists" publishing their research? Because, in the scientific journals that deal with climate change, there is overwhelming support for man-made global warming.
I don't know where they're being published, or if they are. From what I've read, dissenters are shut down in the scientific community. The Forbes article I posted the link to, was about a peer-reviewed survey done by Organization Studies. Here is the link again:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/...

The following report is from the US Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, dated 2008, and updated in 2009. over 700 international scientists refute global warming claims, and some of their comments are harsh. Here are just the first few:

“I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.”- Nobel Prize Winner for Physics, Ivar Giaever.

“Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly….As a scientist I remain skeptical.”- Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a PhD in meteorology and formerly of NASA who has authored more than 190 studies and has been called “among the most preeminent scientists of the last 100 years.”

Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.”- UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist.

“The IPCC has actually become a closed circuit; it doesn’t listen to others. It doesn’t have open minds… I am really amazed that the Nobel Peace Prize has been given on scientifically incorrect conclusions by people who are not geologists,”- Indian geologist Dr. Arun D. Ahluwalia at Punjab University and a board member of the UN-supported International Year of the Planet.

“The models and forecasts of the UN IPCC "are incorrect because they only are based on mathematical models and presented results at scenarios that do not include, for example, solar activity.”- Victor Manuel Velasco Herrera, a researcher at the Institute of Geophysics of the National Autonomous University of Mexico

“It is a blatant lie put forth in the media that makes it seem there is only a fringe of scientists who don’t buy into anthropogenic global warming.”- U.S Government Atmospheric Scientist Stanley B. Goldenberg of the Hurricane Research Division of NOAA.

Link to report:
http://www.epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#24418 Jan 24, 2014
All I know is last week it got up to 50 degrees and today its -4 below. So what's up with that, it didn't used to be this way.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#24419 Jan 24, 2014
Realty Speaks wrote:
In Canton, Ohio where you spent Christmas eating breakfast by the pool, getting ready to go marlin fishing.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#24420 Jan 24, 2014
Super Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where they're being published, or if they are. From what I've read, dissenters are shut down in the scientific community. The Forbes article I posted the link to, was about a peer-reviewed survey done by Organization Studies. Here is the link again:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/...
The following report is from the US Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, dated 2008, and updated in 2009. over 700 international scientists refute global warming claims, and some of their comments are harsh. Here are just the first few:
“I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.”- Nobel Prize Winner for Physics, Ivar Giaever.
“Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly….As a scientist I remain skeptical.”- Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a PhD in meteorology and formerly of NASA who has authored more than 190 studies and has been called “among the most preeminent scientists of the last 100 years.”
Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.”- UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist.
“The IPCC has actually become a closed circuit; it doesn’t listen to others. It doesn’t have open minds… I am really amazed that the Nobel Peace Prize has been given on scientifically incorrect conclusions by people who are not geologists,”- Indian geologist Dr. Arun D. Ahluwalia at Punjab University and a board member of the UN-supported International Year of the Planet.
“The models and forecasts of the UN IPCC "are incorrect because they only are based on mathematical models and presented results at scenarios that do not include, for example, solar activity.”- Victor Manuel Velasco Herrera, a researcher at the Institute of Geophysics of the National Autonomous University of Mexico
“It is a blatant lie put forth in the media that makes it seem there is only a fringe of scientists who don’t buy into anthropogenic global warming.”- U.S Government Atmospheric Scientist Stanley B. Goldenberg of the Hurricane Research Division of NOAA.
Link to report:
Little biased and outdated there, updated in 2009 with quotes from FAUX Snooze. Really.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#24421 Jan 24, 2014
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/01/24/obama-bl...

So the TOOL blames Fox News??????
ROFLMAO......
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#24422 Jan 24, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, of course. So what do you do for a living that is so high-tech that nobody else can do? I know I see you here during the day, so are you a professional welfare check casher?
I know one thing, I'm smart enough to not believe every single thing I'm told by scientists or anybody else for that matter without some verifiable proof. The climate changing is not proof. It's been changing since God put the earth here. Man doesn't control the climate and never will.
And tell your co-colletors that I've come across hundreds of people that "claim" they used to drive a truck. Funny how none of them are driving a truck today.
There's a word that fit you to a tee, ASSumer. And yes my trade didn't involve driving around all day slobbering on the knob of Beck, Limbaugh, and Hannity. As I pointed out to you, it's a piece of cake to FALL BACK on driving.
PoochieNoLikeyFa cts

Canton, OH

#24423 Jan 24, 2014
Super Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I said I didn't remember posting it, and asked you to provide a link?
Are you losing this debate so badly, that you have to fabricate "facts"? Maybe when you get tired of smearing your feces on the computer screen, you should have a go at being a global-warming scientist.
An even # of Americans believe in man-made global warming vs. not man-made. Survey is dated 12/2013.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
It won't be long before the American public catches up to the majority of scientists & meteorologists, and they'll figure out they've been played by crooked scientists and liberal politicians.
<quoted text>
I remember it very well. I made a couple comments about it, at your prompting. I think you asked if I believe in the anti-Christ. I said yes, and that he'll probably be a liberal. Then I said at another time that Obama isn't the anti-Christ because he's too stupid. That's all I've said on the subject. So, by me giving simple answers to your baited questions, you're asserting that I've intertwined doomsday apocalypse anti-Christ prophesies with modern day politics. The reality is, though, that as usual, you've had to put words in my mouth and twist them, to cover up the fact that you're a mentally-impaired, irrational tool that's running around screaming that the sky is falling. And the "science" you use to back it up is 50% false and 50% wishful thinking.
Really? You just forgot you said it and kindly asked for a link, huh? Lie much...oops. Never mind. That's already been proven.
PoochieNoLikeyFa cts

Canton, OH

#24424 Jan 24, 2014
Realty Speaks wrote:
You might want to check California or since it's a global climate pattern, perhaps the record high temps set all over the world...

Yes, yes, we have already heard it. A cold day in winter proves there is no such thing as summer, and night proves there is no day. In the mean time, us thinky folks will stick with the overwhelming majority of climate scientists, just like the overwhelming majority of Americans who believe in Climate Change. You can stick with the outdated oil industry propaganda that they spent millions on, and then later completely turned on after hiring their own scientists to disprove it, and who failed miserably at doing so. Darn those facts!

Chillicothe, OH

#24425 Jan 24, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
Little biased and outdated there, updated in 2009 with quotes from FAUX Snooze. Really.
Really.:) And don't forget the quotes from these and many other award-winning and/or high-respected scientists:

Chillicothe, OH

#24426 Jan 24, 2014
Check this out, chimpy:

"Senators Question McCarthy’s Knowledge of Administration Efforts to Skew Results of International Climate Change Report"

Obama lying to further a political agenda? Wow, who would have guessed that.
Super Science Denial

Canton, OH

#24427 Jan 24, 2014
Super Mutt wrote:
Check this out, chimpy:
"Senators Question McCarthy’s Knowledge of Administration Efforts to Skew Results of International Climate Change Report"
Obama lying to further a political agenda? Wow, who would have guessed that.
Rightwing politicians questioning Obama....gasp. How shocking. You have turned this forum upside down with this amazing revelation! Now about that overwhelming majority of climate scientists, you lied about, who believe in climate change and the overwhelming majority of Americans, which you lied about, who believe in climate change....

Go lay down, flat earther. We all realize you are too stupid to know when you have been beat.
Super Science Denial

Canton, OH

#24428 Jan 24, 2014
Super Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Really.:) And don't forget the quotes from these and many other award-winning and/or high-respected scientists:
Strange, but you seem to have skipped over part of the article about Joanne Simpson. The part that explains her "skepticism" was strictly in the form of her scientific approach to things. You also left out the part where she stated that we have to go with the current climate models and act on them, because if they are right, as she stated, it would be the end of life on this planet. Wonder why you skipped over that part? It was in the very same article you quoted here. Wonder why you left that very important part out? Nice try, game boy. You thought you were playing games with the bleary eyed flock you are so used to having around you. You thought WRONG, princess.
jerry

Cambridge, OH

#24429 Jan 24, 2014
b_town_bob wrote:
I'm a Democrat
misstake
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#24430 Jan 24, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>In Canton, Ohio where you spent Christmas eating breakfast by the pool, getting ready to go marlin fishing.
you can't do that in Canton.

you must fly to a tropical climate 5 hours away. Change planes in Houston.

once you clear customs, you are free to enjoy the 90 degree weather.

PS: trip home to below zero temp had my body endure a 100 degree swing in 5 hours.

spin that junior.

By the way.....where has that global warming gone? Are we back to 1978 and the looming ice age now?

Chillicothe, OH

#24431 Jan 24, 2014
Super Science Denial wrote:
Rightwing politicians questioning Obama....gasp. How shocking. You have turned this forum upside down with this amazing revelation! Now about that overwhelming majority of climate scientists, you lied about, who believe in climate change and the overwhelming majority of Americans, which you lied about, who believe in climate change....
Go lay down, flat earther. We all realize you are too stupid to know when you have been beat.
Beaten by a tool of the dumocrat party? Hardly. You're going to have to up you're game. So far, all you've done is call me a liar and rant about the end of the world coming.

If you want to sound more intelligible than a superstitious troglodyte, disprove the article I linked to above. Here, I'll post it again, so you won't get lost.

Now, in the article, a copy of the senators' letter that was sent to the EPA administrator, says, " The AP reports that several nations lobbied the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to select a specific conclusion to its latest report that accounts for the lack of global warming since 1998. According to the AP, the U.S. "urged the [IPCC] authors to include the ‘leading hypothesis' that the reduction in warming is linked to more heat being transferred to the deep ocean." It appears that the U.S. did not suggest an alternative conclusion that the models themselves were flawed. Moreover, it is concerning that at the same time you suggested to the Senate during your confirmation process that the IPCC's latest report would endorse the President's statements about global temperatures, the U.S. State Department was lobbying for the IPCC to incorporate their favored narrative to try to explain the failure of the IPCC climate models."

The Associated Press -- not the republicans -- claimed that the State Dept was pressuring the IPCC to lie about its findings. What information have you found that refutes those assertions?

As an aside, it's worth drawing attn to the fact that the State Dept didn't question the IPCC's findings. That should cause any curious and intelligent person to wonder why the Obama Admin would try to fool the American people (again). He's duped them about ObamaCare, and now Climate Change.
Bad Poochie Got Spanked

Canton, OH

#24432 Jan 24, 2014
Super Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Beaten by a tool of the dumocrat party? Hardly. You're going to have to up you're game. So far, all you've done is call me a liar and rant about the end of the world coming.
If you want to sound more intelligible than a superstitious troglodyte, disprove the article I linked to above. Here, I'll post it again, so you won't get lost.
Now, in the article, a copy of the senators' letter that was sent to the EPA administrator, says, " The AP reports that several nations lobbied the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to select a specific conclusion to its latest report that accounts for the lack of global warming since 1998. According to the AP, the U.S. "urged the [IPCC] authors to include the ‘leading hypothesis' that the reduction in warming is linked to more heat being transferred to the deep ocean." It appears that the U.S. did not suggest an alternative conclusion that the models themselves were flawed. Moreover, it is concerning that at the same time you suggested to the Senate during your confirmation process that the IPCC's latest report would endorse the President's statements about global temperatures, the U.S. State Department was lobbying for the IPCC to incorporate their favored narrative to try to explain the failure of the IPCC climate models."
The Associated Press -- not the republicans -- claimed that the State Dept was pressuring the IPCC to lie about its findings. What information have you found that refutes those assertions?
As an aside, it's worth drawing attn to the fact that the State Dept didn't question the IPCC's findings. That should cause any curious and intelligent person to wonder why the Obama Admin would try to fool the American people (again). He's duped them about ObamaCare, and now Climate Change.
Why would anyone have to up their game with the side that lost the last two presidential elections? Just like how no one has to try to prove anything to someone who doesn't believe in science, yet thinks the beast is coming to put 666 on all our foreheads. Other than proving you got busted at being a liar, there is really nothing you can prove to anyone. VOID
Bad Poochie Got Spanked

Canton, OH

#24433 Jan 24, 2014
Still waiting on that link that proves most Americans don't believe in climate change. Until then, pipe down with all your oil industry junk science and political propaganda. Smart folks have put your Tea Bagging Putin fan @ss out to pasture. Don't you EVER forget that, little fringe group flunkie.
Bad Poochie Got Spanked

Canton, OH

#24434 Jan 24, 2014
Hey, where's all that "outrage" about Obamacare gone to? I'm guessing it's on the heap of other bogus scandals you guys used to express your provided "outrage" about. Better go check your Tea Bagger emailed propaganda newsletters for what absurd notion you will be "outraged" over next.

Oh and lil' Super Poochie Pumper. Let me know if you need it spelled out for you again with post numbers and direct links to the FACT that you have already been proven to be a liar. Yah, yah...we all heard it before...you "misspoke". Sure ya' did, Princess. Sure ya' did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 41 min Is This Double Di... 31,258
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr WARRIOR 19,203
Yuna Lee named 40/29 News Sunrise Co-Anchor 12 hr Elizabeth Harrison 2
Family Law Attorneys 15 hr Claire Reynolds 10
This is your lucky Monday! 17 hr Leon Harrison 1
who want's my phone number?... (Oct '07) 21 hr do us a favour 102
tina Sun jay 1
•••
•••
Springboro Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Springboro Jobs