Working at AK Steel
Ryan

Wilmington, OH

#1 Jan 26, 2014
I applied got a call the next day from HR Department. will call tomorrow, just wondering what to expect.

Would it be a good job? Whats the work like? work schedule?
MiddieMajik

Sidney, OH

#2 Feb 3, 2014
If it is a salary position...expect to be treated like a dog and berated in front of co-workers. However it is a great place for a stepping stone. It looks good on your resume if you stick it out for a couple years. Many employers will say that if you can work for them you can work for us.

If hourly..basically the same thing except you are buffered a little by the rinky dink union they have. Salary bosses are forced to impose petty discipline measures on the workforce to build a paper trail for when something bad really does happen. You will be written up for things like not having both hands on the handrails when going up or down stairwells and they favorite term is "not being aware of your surroundings". That seems to be there favorite catch all for discipline.

Good luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Regarding NATO: 23 min The Duke of Hazard 3
Welfare state? 28 min The Duke of Hazard 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr JackArmStrong 20,383
please can anyone tell me about chris bishop? h... (Apr '09) Fri USA H8s pimps 5
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Fri Right On 31,932
I know who is burning east dayton Thu Jeffreywitt82 1
Why dayton smells Thu ImNotBlack 2

Springboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springboro Mortgages