Police Chief: was justice served in S...

Police Chief: was justice served in Springboro traffic stop?

There are 166 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Police Chief: was justice served in Springboro traffic stop?. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Toi Blair won't likely ever forget her 32nd birthday. Neither will Todd Pultz, the 26-year-old Springboro officer who lost his job after he arrested Blair on misdemeanor charges and then left her in the parking ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
School safety

Springboro, OH

#170 Mar 18, 2014
citizen wrote:
The Springboro Police Department is a joke. Anti-union and terrible morale. You want names, here's one... PARKER.
I hear the Springboro Chief has a sorted past in his last job. His opposition to letting trained school district employees protect our students will be remembered if anything ever happens to our students that could have been prevented. School district police officer also rejected letting trained professional in the buildings other than more of him.

Funny thing is that after many years of being the school police officer it took an outside organization to find out that several buildings could not even call 911. This outside firm also found that many safety measures were not in place. Why have a tax payer paid police officer when we have free people in every building already paid to be there?

We would get more coverage and better service with new fresh building dedicated admin or other staff. Given the sorted, adults first past of unionized teachers I would not recommend them but what about others in the buildings? I trust, custodians, maintenance and secretaries more than any teacher.
agree

Springboro, OH

#171 Mar 19, 2014
you have my attention wrote:
Why don't all of you show up to the next council meeting and speak your minds? If all of this is true and verifiable then there are deep and serious issues to be addressed. If this is just some type of personal smear campaign, don't waste the public's time.
This is only a waste of public time if you are on the clock officer___.
SilentKnight

Springboro, OH

#172 Mar 23, 2014
Hmmm...Seems I went to a City Council Meeting, and spoke up about the corruption in the Police Department, and the waste of taxpayers' money.

What was the outcome?

Oh, that's right, it got "deferred" to the City Law Director. Someone who has ZERO to do with the actually making of Laws, or the passage of said Laws. The Mayor and City Council have shown that any "complaints" about the workings of the "good ol' boy" network will fall on deaf ears, and that they feel above any Law you meager peasants must live by.

Don't forget, they City Council is hell-bent on NOT allowing an outside review of their practices. Wonder why it is that self-policing has NEVER worked in ANY situation? Surely we can trust the thieves to let us KNOW when they are stealing from us, right?
robert fowler

Lafayette, IN

#173 Sep 2, 2014
Lt Jon Wheeler destroyed the results of an assault investigation from an incident at the YMCA in June, 2006 Officer Nathan Anderkin. There was parking lot video of the incident involving a minvolving an who was chased into the parking lot and then had his vehicle entered by a female who took the man's keys, phone and wallet. When the man left his vehicle the woman chased him and the man confronted the woman to demand his items back. At that time Officer Anderkin, off duty, confronted the man in an aggressive manner and the man pushed Anderkin away, at which time Anderkin then ID'd himself as a police officer. The man raised his hands in surrender but Anderkin then attacked the man and repeatedly slammed him into the ground, screaming at him. Videotape of the incident was available and the suspect requested it be reviewed and saved. It was not. Lt John Wheeler conducted an investigation on the defendant's request in October, 2006 and Wheeler claimed his investigation revealed nothing. It was found out Wheeler interviewed exactly zero witnesses of four available and reviewed exactly zero statements of several available. Wheeler's only comment was that he was perplexed and confused why the video was missing. Wheeler's report on the man's request can not be found.
City Council

Springboro, OH

#174 Sep 4, 2014
Springboro Police prey upon us, they don't protect us. It's us versus them.

This department is one of the most aggressive, undisciplined group of law enforcement I ever seen. Not to mention they aren't that bright either.

It's always a top down problem.

Time for a new chief, time for new hiring standards.

College degree should be a requirement along with new hires having to attend OSP training academy.

This Anderkin keeps popping up on different threads, I think it's time to re-evaluate him. If he's this much of a loose cannon, I think terminating his employment would send a clear message to the community that Springboro will not tolerate a person like him working here.

Will anything change? Probably not.

City council is weak, the mayor is weak and the city manger has a little thing for the chief, so she's not going to shine the light on his horrible leadership.

Sad.
SPECIAL

Cleveland, OH

#175 Oct 1, 2014
Perhaps Springboro can hire the former clearcreek township administrator, dennis pickett, to help run the organization in the ground a little more. Face it, he is a joke, so why not have a jokester in the leadership role of the Springboro PD three ring circus!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Our Humvees are good and tough enough" 11 hr Leon Harrison 1
We have the urge to merge! 20 hr The Duke of Hazard 1
Today's Leon Harrison Quotation 21 hr Leon Harrison 31
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu Mother Mcreeeeee 20,096
News Dayton-area office targets $21 billion in work ... Aug 25 The Old Cold Warrior 1
"Michael Bloomberg 'FROM THE RIGHT'?!!!" Aug 25 Leon Harrison 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Aug 25 For the Record 31,883
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springboro Mortgages