Police Chief: was justice served in S...

Police Chief: was justice served in Springboro traffic stop?

There are 166 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Police Chief: was justice served in Springboro traffic stop?. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Toi Blair won't likely ever forget her 32nd birthday. Neither will Todd Pultz, the 26-year-old Springboro officer who lost his job after he arrested Blair on misdemeanor charges and then left her in the parking ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

Jay-bird

Dayton, OH

#121 Jan 15, 2011
not again wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to stop spamming about the mayor. Folks now know what a stained politician he is . You related to him? Sounds like it. And you have no clue as to who I am, and it really doesn't change things. Get you head out of your arse.
His relationship to me is None of your business and I'm not going to argue with a moron like you The last thing I will say is your Ignorant and someone who doesn't have the balls to come forward and prove all the lies and rumors you claim as truths. I really could care less who you are. I don't care for someone as chicken sh-t as you.Your a Pu-s and probably a Cross Dresser (an ugly one to) also. either way your not a man.so put on your make-up and hit the streets LOSER P.S. John did pay for my Anger management classes BUT THEY DIDN'T WORK AZZHOLE
Boro_Livin

Cincinnati, OH

#122 Jan 15, 2011
Jay-bird wrote:
<quoted text>His relationship to me is None of your business and I'm not going to argue with a moron like you The last thing I will say is your Ignorant and someone who doesn't have the balls to come forward and prove all the lies and rumors you claim as truths. I really could care less who you are. I don't care for someone as chicken sh-t as you.Your a Pu-s and probably a Cross Dresser (an ugly one to) also. either way your not a man.so put on your make-up and hit the streets LOSER P.S. John did pay for my Anger management classes BUT THEY DIDN'T WORK AZZHOLE
So many grammar mistakes that my eyes hurt! Ahhhh.
not again

Dayton, OH

#123 Jan 15, 2011
Jay-bird wrote:
<quoted text>His relationship to me is None of your business and I'm not going to argue with a moron like you The last thing I will say is your Ignorant and someone who doesn't have the balls to come forward and prove all the lies and rumors you claim as truths. I really could care less who you are. I don't care for someone as chicken sh-t as you.Your a Pu-s and probably a Cross Dresser (an ugly one to) also. either way your not a man.so put on your make-up and hit the streets LOSER P.S. John did pay for my Anger management classes BUT THEY DIDN'T WORK AZZHOLE
Now it makes sense...you ARE related to John...your one of his grandkids...must be with such an immature, juvenile like response.
not again

Dayton, OH

#124 Jan 15, 2011
Jay-bird wrote:
"John did pay for..."

And I'm sure it was with his union's money.
Lawman

Cincinnati, OH

#125 Jan 17, 2011
Just relax--Major proof is on the way--Tapes and whitnesses--Time is needed to get things in order--Listen for the sound of the Officer filling out Job Apps at other Depts. Then read the DDN for the real story.
Reformer

West Chester, OH

#126 Jan 24, 2011
Your brother should not be a police officer. He has a very serious self-esteem problem, deep insecurities, and "little man" syndrome.
These are very dangerous traits for a police officer to possess.
As he continues to abuse his power, he continues to violate the civil rights of many citizens.
Here’s the bottom line – Springboro doesn’t like him, he will retaliate – so I don’t recommend people identify themselves in this forum. Nathan Anderkin should be terminated as a police officer.

I strongly encourage people who feel their civil rights have been violated by any police officer in Springboro to write a letter to:

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine
30 E. Broad St., 17th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215

Even if you write an anonymous letter, it will be read and filed.

Explain in your letter that you are afraid to come forward as the likelihood of retaliation feels imminent.

I know bad cops - Nathan MUST go!!
Tasha Swanson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi This is sister Tasha and you Frank Caslte are an obvious douche bag who has nothing better to do with their life than butt into others. Also if you wanna get on here and make false accusations then use your real name! My brother's liver damage was actually caused by prescripions meds prescribed by a docter who failed to do precautionary testing, so mind your business on that ! Also, go screw your tax payer dollars and leave officers who actually deserve to have a job in the city of Springboro alone. I'm pretty sure all the officers who needed to be fired have been and you know who you are....=) Our name must taste good beacuse it's always in someones else's mouth =D So keep runnin it ! Have a great day =) Tasha !!!
Kelly

Dayton, OH

#127 Feb 3, 2011
Tim Peedoff wrote:
Nate Anderkin was having sex with my wife. He was doing it on duty while supposedly serving the city of springboro. I believe this guy will pay for what he has done, he continues to cheat on heather spreading his STD's. I hope his daughter madison doesn't really get to know her worthless father.
What kind of a person is so low that they feel the need to put a child on blast? This is from an outsiders POV and I have nothing to do with this situation. You sir should be ASHAMED of yourself for being so low that you need to involve a child! Say what you want about the adults involved but a child?!?!? You are a disgusting human being and clearly there are far more serious issues going on with you. If these allegations are true, it is no wonder your wife cheated on you! How about someone takes your kids name and posts it all over a website saying how worthless of a father and a husband their dad is.... that you can't even take care of your family, so much so your wife had to go look elsewhere?!?It's one thing to be upset and hurt but you took it to a whole other level and lose a lot of credibility when you go so low as to bring up this poor innocent little girls name! Get a life!!
the silent one

Dayton, OH

#128 Feb 5, 2011
let's not forget our scandal stained mayor..he has much influence on who the boro cops bust.
Reformer

West Chester, OH

#129 Feb 7, 2011
I agree with "Kelly"

Come on, obviously you know Nate on some other level, since you know his wife and childs name, but seriously - this is about cops doing their job poorly and maybe even violating civil rights.

Keep it professional, not personal.

Nate truly is a bad police officer, I hope somebody in charge will recognize this, and dismiss him as such.

Politically its a good move for the chief, major and counsel members to show that they are listening and have taken action.

Its important that citizens respect those who serve the community, NOT FEAR THEM!!

Once fear sets in - everything becomes more complicated and frustrating for both police and citizens.

Lets clean up SPD and a good start and example would be to remove Nathan Anderkin.
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of a person is so low that they feel the need to put a child on blast? This is from an outsiders POV and I have nothing to do with this situation. You sir should be ASHAMED of yourself for being so low that you need to involve a child! Say what you want about the adults involved but a child?!?!? You are a disgusting human being and clearly there are far more serious issues going on with you. If these allegations are true, it is no wonder your wife cheated on you! How about someone takes your kids name and posts it all over a website saying how worthless of a father and a husband their dad is.... that you can't even take care of your family, so much so your wife had to go look elsewhere?!?It's one thing to be upset and hurt but you took it to a whole other level and lose a lot of credibility when you go so low as to bring up this poor innocent little girls name! Get a life!!
A-Riddle

Cincinnati, OH

#130 Jul 27, 2011
Just saying, what goes around, comes around. I would say, most of the positive post's are cops themselves. To serve and protect, themselves...
Funny how the county prosecutor can run around the local Boro bars and snort coke all night and not have any problems...And, what ever happened to her boyfriend the donut man with the special "powdered" donuts?
Boro has grown up into a bunch of spoiled blue blooded crooks. The corruption of the citizenry equates to the law force. Swindlers buying farmland on the cheap and bribing politicians to build an interchange next to the land. How much is enough? If the citizens are corrupt, what do they expect from the lawmen? Move to Franktucky, I had to. Seems to me, if you obey the laws, you shouldn't have too many problems with the popo. Most cops do seem to fit the Fife profile, don't they?
The Legend

Vandalia, OH

#131 Aug 15, 2011
I remember in high school being told by one, "veteran" teacher, that the "parking lot dogs" were nothing more than a list of student's cars they wanted to search. It's hard to deny when one friend has a ounce of weed in his car and doesn't get "hit" while the girl/guy gets hit for having tobacco products, etc.. The whole city is too political for it's own good.. One thing though, they are very responsive. I live in Miami Township now and it takes 10-15 minutes till an officer shows up. At least SPD used the median in 741 for purpose.
The Myth

Vandalia, OH

#132 Aug 15, 2011
I was pulled over 15 times from 16-18 years old with two being a citation. One was a wreck and second was an illegal turn out of UDF. I was always respectful, primarily out of fear, to the officers but still in what would call harassed. I hear a lot about Anderkin but he's an obvious target with all that is said about him. I personally think he is a good guy(even with negative confrontations with him), over zealous, yes, but a good guy. Springboro PD are bored and literally jump on any moment to stereotype and/or harass. I'm years past and moved on now to say the least but we can't blame the officers themselves. It all leads to supervision. Zimaroo, Parker, Kruithoff, Agenbroad.. If I ever move back, which is possible, I will be in the city council meetings consistently and think everyone should be. There has to be a change on how they treat people and how the city is conducted. Eliminating Pultz only proved the whole department acted this way till this.. Now they clean up and "move" on. He even said while bouncing at a local bar that he couldn't discuss it but he got f***ed in the long run.
back at the ranch

Brook Park, OH

#133 Aug 25, 2011
Rumor has it that the Springboro PD wants to take over the Clearcreek Township PD operations. Anyone else hear about this?
The Myth

Vandalia, OH

#134 Aug 25, 2011
Yes I have heard about this for a good while. Springboro was mad a few years back when Clearcreek would patrol 73/741/lytel/48 in a square route.
In The Know

Springfield, OH

#135 Aug 30, 2011
Wow. Still active here after years of posting...
In The Know

Springfield, OH

#136 Aug 30, 2011
I have read through the postings here and visited for many years. This is my first time posting though. I want to start by revealing that I have observed many of these incidents first hand as an employee of Springboro and they are nearly all true (I don't know about the other issues). As some of you may figure it out eventually from future posts, I wanted to get that out there. I know all of these people being spoken about and can even figure out who a few of the posters are from the information they have left.

First, I wanted to answer to the various "calls to action" that some of you have posted. Picture if you will a department where anytime a person fights back or tries to do the right thing they are either completely ignored or worse fired. What would you do? The officers that have stood up in the past like Clark, Stewar, and Pultz have all been fired for bullshit reasons. These were all good officers and the reasons each were fired for were contrived just to fire them.

There isn't anything an officer can do with corruption all around him and a Mayor that has been spoken with and done nothing. Immediately after contact the few officers that went to the mayor were told by supervisors (they were reporting about) not to ever speak to him directly again. Either he felt it wasn't worth keeping in confidence (as he promised) or he has no idea how to run an investigation.

The police union is not an answer either. The membership is 100% scared to do anything and the last people to even have the guts to file complaints (contract complaints are all that can be filed) were Pultz and Stewart. This is the main reason they were fired. They were not even on the radar or ever in trouble prior to becoming Union Representatives. Then they are both suddenly fired.

Essentially, the cheating on the wives, the perjury, and illegal searches are a part of the police culture that largely goes by unnoticed anyway. Add to this corruption in the supervisory staff and you have a Officer Anderkin receiving awards from the county for his outstanding work as a law enforcement officer.

I leave you with this. A few of us entered police work to do the right thing and not all of Springboro is corrupt. With that said...there is a tremendous portion of the staff that are bad apples...very bad apples. Now that Wheeler is gone (who silently stood by and did nothing) you are left with Kruithoff, Parker, and Anderkin that need to go badly. If these key people were removed you might have some semblance of normalcy. Normal low level corruption at least. These three key people are responsible for the worst of the violations.

Feel free to ask me questions except for who I am (yes I fear retribution). Also, feel free to contact who you will about what you know or learn but I don't have faith it will do any good.
Springboro Resident

Springfield, OH

#137 Aug 30, 2011
In the know...How's come you say it is your first time posting yet you just posted right before this post, LOL?
In The Know

Springfield, OH

#138 Aug 30, 2011
Wow, a question so quickly. Well if you must know, I was making certain it listed my location as Springboro before I started posting. I didn't want it to lend detail to who I am.
Springboronian

Wimberley, TX

#139 Aug 30, 2011
What was the deal with L. Walsh's demotion?
In The Know

Springfield, OH

#140 Aug 30, 2011
Supposedly she gave up her promotion because she wanted to work as a detective. I wasn't privy to all that happened with this but she was regularly making serious mistakes as a supervisor including a few that should have led to being fired. What makes the most sense is that she was quietly asked to step down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr ICE 21,306
A place to hunt 17 hr Leo 2
News V-Teck: Proving that after 30 years, local radi... Sat Bill Cripple 4
Browns remodleing rip us off Fri Chinese Charlie 2
Browns remodleing rip us off Dec 14 delbert Davis 1
Clinton Tompkins Dec 14 Concerned_person 1
"Amish" heaters and EdenPURE heaters--Watch OUT! (Dec '08) Dec 14 LOOK IT UP 582

Springboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springboro Mortgages