Police Chief: was justice served in Springboro traffic stop?

Dec 14, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 166

Toi Blair won't likely ever forget her 32nd birthday. Neither will Todd Pultz, the 26-year-old Springboro officer who lost his job after he arrested Blair on misdemeanor charges and then left her in the parking ...

Full Story
I read the case

United States

#21 Apr 5, 2009
I read the Miner case 2008cra00135. Every parent in Springboro needs to read it and demand an outsider to investigation.. Pultz should not have been fired Kruitoff should not have been hired!
Policereform2

Mansfield, OH

#22 Apr 5, 2009
it is not the officers who rule by fear but the administration that forces it on the officers. I know one of these officers who could tell stories that would amaze all of you who have posted. I spoke to this person and so far have been told that you have barely scratched the surface. I trust this person and my head is spinning from the corrupt and illegal stories. The officer points to three individuals, chief, parker, city manager. I am personally afraid to post any facts because I know that the chief will vengefully go after and fire anyone he can to ensure he maintains his job. Trust me, you folks have no idea what what you are mettling with here. Call the Battlecreek Michigan police department and ask them. By the way, they did throw a party when Kruithoff left and apologized to our officers by sending a card and black roses. think about it.

Since: Dec 08

Dayton, OH

#23 Apr 6, 2009
Police Reform wrote:
Well is "Springboro Neighbor" the name your parents picked for you? Thats a heck of a name.
Lets be honest - Springboro Police rule with fear and intimidation, the community is afraid to speak out. Retaliation is very likely.
Go to Campionis, Roosters, The Springs, BW3s etc, talk to people - it's painfully clear that SPD is exercising abuse of power, over zealous and totally out of control.
Where is the FBI?
<quoted text>
And "Police Reform" is just as creative.

Examples of all this corruption and abuse of power? Would love to hear it. With that creative name you have - it sounds like you should have all the answers. Oh, that's right - afraid to speak out.......
I read the case

East Liberty, OH

#24 Apr 6, 2009
Every patrol officer I've met in Sprinboro was profession and polite they deserve our respect and support. Read the Cincinnati Enquirer articles from 2002 when Kruithoff was hired. He should NOT have been hired.
Just Bob

East Liberty, OH

#25 Apr 6, 2009
Compare Chief Jeff Kruithoff's words in the Dayton Daily 2008 articles to the 2002 Cincinnati Enquirer articles---DDN 2008 Chief Kruithoff, who fired Pultz for lying..then watched as the city paid the officer $10,000..it was a business decision...CE 2002..despite the lawsuit, wiretapping allegations were never proven against Mr. Kruithoff..the case did not go to trail but instead the city of Battle Creek MI. paid the officer $65,000..Kruithoff did admit to having an affair with the officer's wife. DDN2008 Kruithoff blames holes in the state law for Pultz's ability to get another police job...CE 2002 Mr. Douthwaite said the allegations against Kruithoff did not surface in a background check...Mr. Kruithoff resigned March 20,2001, less then two weeks after being placed on leave following allegations that he destroyed citizen evaluations...
DDN 2008 Kruithoff is left wondering if Ohio law adequately protects the public from police officers who behave badly. By God, they've go to stop putting badges and guns on these people," he said.
I agree with you Mr. Kruithoff the public was not adequately protected from YOU being hired.
Police Reform

Cincinnati, OH

#26 Apr 6, 2009
Its not about being creative - its about YOU accusing people of being afraid to identify themselves, while you are using an alias too. Com'on do I really need to explain this to you?

Why dont you give your real name?

Point is - people are not excatly sure what is going on with Springboro Police, and so for now, its safer to protect your identity.(just as you are doing)
Springboro Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
And "Police Reform" is just as creative.
Examples of all this corruption and abuse of power? Would love to hear it. With that creative name you have - it sounds like you should have all the answers. Oh, that's right - afraid to speak out.......
Police Reform

Cincinnati, OH

#27 Apr 6, 2009
Can anyone confirm an active FBI investigation?
Police Reform

Cincinnati, OH

#28 Apr 6, 2009
Without detail - can you provide some basics?

Is there an affair? Extortion? Bribes? Drugs? Harrasment? Etc etc....?

What will SPD be accused of?

Maybe you could just give the "headlines"
Policereform2 wrote:
it is not the officers who rule by fear but the administration that forces it on the officers. I know one of these officers who could tell stories that would amaze all of you who have posted. I spoke to this person and so far have been told that you have barely scratched the surface. I trust this person and my head is spinning from the corrupt and illegal stories. The officer points to three individuals, chief, parker, city manager. I am personally afraid to post any facts because I know that the chief will vengefully go after and fire anyone he can to ensure he maintains his job. Trust me, you folks have no idea what what you are mettling with here. Call the Battlecreek Michigan police department and ask them. By the way, they did throw a party when Kruithoff left and apologized to our officers by sending a card and black roses. think about it.
Police Reform

Cincinnati, OH

#29 Apr 6, 2009
I have had the exact opposite experience. SPD was rude, intimidating and I felt very uncomfortable, and unsafe. My husband said SPD suffers from "little man syndrome", and I have to agree. Take the badge and gun away - and your not left with much of a MAN. Big guys are more secure.
I read the case wrote:
Every patrol officer I've met in Sprinboro was profession and polite they deserve our respect and support. Read the Cincinnati Enquirer articles from 2002 when Kruithoff was hired. He should NOT have been hired.
A Very Concerned Citizen

Dayton, OH

#30 Apr 14, 2009
Mayor Agenbroad and all City Council Members,
The US Postal Service should have delivered all of you a two page letter that contains specific enough informantion for you to investigate these allegations. I believe enough to justify an outside investigation.
The citizens of Springboro have the right to honest and ethical adminstrators, they are being paid well with taxpayer money. Are you going to do the right thing or are you going pass it on to be covered up more?
Now all citizens can simply ask your Mayor and council members, "What is in the letter"?
By the way, there were 15 letters mailed, 6 were certified.
What allegation

Cincinnati, OH

#31 Apr 14, 2009
A Very Concerned Citizen wrote:
Mayor Agenbroad and all City Council Members,
The US Postal Service should have delivered all of you a two page letter that contains specific enough informantion for you to investigate these allegations. I believe enough to justify an outside investigation.
The citizens of Springboro have the right to honest and ethical adminstrators, they are being paid well with taxpayer money. Are you going to do the right thing or are you going pass it on to be covered up more?
Now all citizens can simply ask your Mayor and council members, "What is in the letter"?
By the way, there were 15 letters mailed, 6 were certified.
Are u referring to the Minor case?
Expert opinion

United States

#32 Apr 16, 2009
If you have questions...ask and I will verify or not verify them. I am very close to the situations at hand..lol, and can help clear up any questions you guys have!
Expert opinion

United States

#33 Apr 16, 2009
I can definately tell you that Pultz was unjustly terminated due to politics and his ties with the union. Terrible situation for all involved especially Pultz
the truth

Amelia, OH

#34 Apr 16, 2009
what "politics"? details please.
Citizens Arrest

Cincinnati, OH

#35 Apr 17, 2009
Do you know of any investigation going on in Springboro in regards to corruption, ethics violations, etc etc...?? Anything at all?
Expert opinion wrote:
If you have questions...ask and I will verify or not verify them. I am very close to the situations at hand..lol, and can help clear up any questions you guys have!
Expert Opinion

United States

#36 Apr 20, 2009
Politics you ask??? It is a government so of course the general politics apply. Pultz was the vice president of the police union and lead the contract negotiations. The negotiations lead to a fact finding hearing due to the city not wanting to give adequate raises and because they were attempting to increase the cost of health care. This is the first time Springboro has not came to a settlement with the union due to the union being a newer union. The officers faired pretty well and got the health care increase pushed back a few years. It was a nasty incident in which the chief was calling other officers into his office and attempting to turn the officers against each other, which is direct violation of Ohio fair labor practices. The other officer that helped with negotiations, Brian Stewart was just fired a few weeks ago due to an investigation lead by none other than........Lt. Parker! He was also fired for making untruthful statements. Funny how both were fired for same reason. From what I have heard......the untruthful statements in both cases were a matter of "someone investigating" twisting facts and words!!! Did I mention that Pultz was cleared by every court and never had any form of discipline prior to this discpline besides a warning for wrecking a cruiser. If you want to see interesting facts, look up the department stats from 2002 until now. Compare stats before Pultz, during Pultz and then after Pultz! He lead the department and was one of the hardest working officers they had!
Expert Opinion

United States

#37 Apr 20, 2009
More.......Funny how they can fire Pultz for untruthful statements when one officer was given a one day suspension for lying to his supervisor and another officer was given a 30 day suspension for lying to his supervisor. Both of those officers are still working for the department and one of which was used in both investigations of Pultz and Stewart to give statements that contradicted the statements of Pultz and Stewart. That same officer was being investgated at the same time of Pultz due to a female calling the Police department and making accusations that she had met him during a call he took at her house where her sister had been removed for being suicidal. She stated that her and this officer began dating each other while he was married and she made several accusations that she had hung out with him on duty. that investigation lasted less than two weeks, but the investigation of Pultz dropping off a prisoner at the jail in safe enviroment lasted a few months?????????? there is also an officer still working for the department that was involved in a bar fight where he pepper sprayed several indivuals while he was off duty having beers!!
Expert Opinion

United States

#38 Apr 20, 2009
I do not know of any active investigations into the department, but there have been several investigations of officers misconduct and ethics. Did I mention above that the female with the allegations also accused that officer of fleeing a crash scene after he allegedly struck a parked car in his cruiser while on patrol????
Expert Opinion

United States

#39 Apr 20, 2009
Piece of advice...You do not want to identify yourself because you are putting yourself at risk of having a huge red X on your back! Why would you come forward unless you know something will get done? Just not smart if you do!
Worried in Springboro

Dayton, OH

#40 Apr 21, 2009
You need to get your FOP officials to call the FBI. There have certainly been enough things posted here for them to look into this police administration. With Kruithoff's history in Michigan, they should take it seriously. If you look at the minutes from the City Council meeting, April 16, 2009, they are applying for Federal stimulus money to hire more officers, 100 percent salaries and benefits for FOUR YEARS. The more officers they fire now, the more new they can hire on the stimulus money.
God Forbid, ethics and laws stop the city manager and mayor, from carpet selection for the new city building they don't have the money to pay for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Norman "CHUB" Bowling 7 hr Michelle Lee 1
Diversity Perversity (Apr '11) 9 hr Dayton Taxpayer 6
A "productive" congess... 9 hr The Hack Checker 3
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 12 hr Broken Record 31,499
Despite this Hannity Insanity: 15 hr The Old Cold Warrior 1
Boro etiquette (Jul '13) 17 hr near side 11
If you really dare to show that you care... 19 hr Dayton Taxpayer 4
Springboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]