Springboro Teachers at meeting
uniondiva

Englewood, OH

#226 Mar 19, 2013
UNION POWER!!!! We rule the WORLD!!
Nobama for this mama

Piqua, OH

#227 Mar 20, 2013
As a Republican, I want my party to be known for its stone-cold seriousness about our fiscal problems.

I want it to be known for its adherence to our party's historical principles - like limited government, fiscal responsibility and lower taxes.

And adhering to this set of principles shouldn't be hard - especially for Republicans.

After all, these are the same tried-and-true principles that made America the freest, most prosperous nation on Earth.

The truth is, I believe there's never been a greater need for a Republican Party that isn't afraid to look our nation's problems in the face and start working to solve them.
bankrupt me

Girard, OH

#228 Mar 20, 2013
Nobama for this mama wrote:
As a Republican, I want my party to be known for its stone-cold seriousness about our fiscal problems.
I want it to be known for its adherence to our party's historical principles - like limited government, fiscal responsibility and lower taxes.
And adhering to this set of principles shouldn't be hard - especially for Republicans.
After all, these are the same tried-and-true principles that made America the freest, most prosperous nation on Earth.
The truth is, I believe there's never been a greater need for a Republican Party that isn't afraid to look our nation's problems in the face and start working to solve them.
What do you think of Kelly Kohls and her bankruptcy then? Fiscal responsiblity at its finest, eh? Way to manage a family of 7, eh? Lol
No Way

Piqua, OH

#229 Mar 21, 2013
bankrupt me wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think of Kelly Kohls and her bankruptcy then? Fiscal responsiblity at its finest, eh? Way to manage a family of 7, eh? Lol
Just Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
And your argument for failure hiding behind "PROFICIENT" would be?
2000 plus kids in this district are not getting the education the taxpayers are funding.
And that is the depth of your concern?
Reversing our reform minded BOE majority new philosophy of Children First Budgeting to business as usual union first budgeting, is no way to manage our $54 million tax-payer funded school district budget.

The bullying politics of personal destruction of our reform minded BOE elected officials, which Babb for Boro union activists and Bitter Bowman Bloggers are promoting throughout our school district, is an example of OEA/OSBA irresponsible indoctrination
of school board members and school administrators, including Don Miller and Ron Malone, to just do what the school superintendent says; and turn a blind eye to the harmful illusion of "just proficient" being rated "excellent with distinction."
(now where's the lol in that failure...eh?)
No Way

Piqua, OH

#230 Mar 21, 2013
No way can Springboro parents and taxpaying homeowners allow Mr. Miller and Mr. Malone to deceive us with their harmful illusion of excellence....thereby resting on the laurels of Mr. Malone, our beloved has been a principal for 12 years ...

Is the Illusion of Excellence Harmful?

Districts love to point to their fine report card rating as evidence of high performance. Real estate agents love to tout those excellent ratings as proof that a home in the community is a good value. But at some point, Ohioans may want to take a serious look at what is really happening in their school districts. Parents and taxpayers need to know that “excellent” may not be as advertised. It is a disservice to the general public, to parents and especially to children when we pretend that more and more districts are doing a stellar job, when they are not. The stakes are much higher than they are for 1st grade soccer players, who are all superstars. Policymakers must acknowledge that there are serious flaws in an evaluation system that says that the majority of districts are doing excellent work, when all of the data comparing Ohio students nationally and internationally paint a very different picture.

A major disconnect exists when Ohio’s standards suggest that 51.7% of 8th graders are performing at an accelerated or advanced level in reading and the national data suggest that only a small fraction of these 8th graders are anywhere near an advanced level.

Policy Implications:

There is another critical reason t take a hard look at what constitutes an excellent district. Policymakers are increasingly inclined to waive education standards, categorical spending constraints, and other requirements for districts that appear to be high performing. The argument is, why tie the hands of administrators in districts that are so effective? Just give them a pot of money and let them continue to do their excellent job. Recently, Ohio policymakers raised the ante even further by distributing a monetary reward to districts rated excellent. In the current biennial budget, each district rated excellent or excellent with distinction received extra per pupil funding.
The stakes are higher now when it comes to receiving this excellent rating. But what if these highly rated districts aren’t really doing an excellent job? Who suffers the consequences? As the bar for excellence declines and the stakes for failing to achieve that rating rise, districts are provided with increasing incentives to manipulative the system to maintain their high ratings. As one member from the Shawnee Local School District recently shared with the Ohio House Education committee,

The quality of the current education system is measured and rated on test scores –specifically reading and math scores—and graduation rates which are flawed inefficient and unreliable. Testing ratings and graduation requirements can easily be manipulated to imply a higher quality of education than actual performance.
(Ohio House Education Committee, Speptember 21, 2011, testimony
on HB 136)

In light of this commentary, Ohio’s performance on the Algebra II assessment pilot is an example of how the state has kept standards low and buried efforts both to raise standards and to provide direct comparisons to other states. The pilot program run by the American Diploma Project, widely publicized in 2005, was designed to evaluate students in multiple states for true college math readiness on the basis of cut scores that could not be manipulated by districts or state education agencies. In 2009, Ohio students who participated in the project scored poorly-86.6% scored at below proficient levels. Ohio’s participation in the project declined sharply in 2010 (American Diploma Project). In fact, there appears to be little or any mention of this exam, which once was touted as the first step toward ensuring that Ohio students were truly prepared for college.
We Love Kelly

Piqua, OH

#231 Mar 21, 2013
bankrupt me wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think of Kelly Kohls and her bankruptcy then? Fiscal responsiblity at its finest, eh? Way to manage a family of 7, eh? Lol
As for me and my household of voters, we think of Kelly Kohls as a great role model! Most families that have it all together, then have to face it all falling apart...(because of unseen local, state, and national financial circumstances, which are beyond our responsibile control of our own family/household budgets)... play the Victim card, blaming others, instead of getting to work fixing things for themselves, all the while, serving others.

Thank you, Kelly. We appreciate your tireless public service as a good neighbor with civic pride, continuing in your work helping Springboro schools and our Springboro neighborhoods become better places to live, work and learn!
Kohls never had it

Miamisburg, OH

#232 Mar 22, 2013
We Love Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
As for me and my household of voters, we think of Kelly Kohls as a great role model! Most families that have it all together, then have to face it all falling apart...(because of unseen local, state, and national financial circumstances, which are beyond our responsibile control of our own family/household budgets)... play the Victim card, blaming others, instead of getting to work fixing things for themselves, all the while, serving others.
Step back and look again at what you’re saying,
you might have thought that Kohls "had it together",
but how does a family that you say "has it all together" go that far in debt, and then blame unseen local, state, and national financial circumstances, beyond their control for their financial problems?

If they had it all together they would take responsibility for their actions and poor choices that got them into the problem, and not go out on a family vacation before going bankrupt.

You call that, having it all together and she's a great role model?
Are you thinking that's something that all families should follow?
Stand Up To Bullies

Piqua, OH

#233 Mar 22, 2013
Kohls never had it wrote:
<quoted text>
Step back and look again at what you’re saying,
you might have thought that Kohls "had it together",
but how does a family that you say "has it all together" go that far in debt, and then blame unseen local, state, and national financial circumstances, beyond their control for their financial problems?
If they had it all together they would take responsibility for their actions and poor choices that got them into the problem, and not go out on a family vacation before going bankrupt.
You call that, having it all together and she's a great role model?
Are you thinking that's something that all families should follow?
You may think that YOU can continue bullying others opinions on this blog, forcing your liberal thuggery "strong arm" attacks on those of different views. Obviously, your thinking is that all families should follow your Alinsky model of Rules for Radicals;
but, as for me and my family, we agree with "We Love Kelly."
And we're thinking that something ALL families should follow is, simply put, the Golden Rule.

Thank you, Mrs. Kohls, for all that you do in public service making our schools and our neighborhoods a better place in which to live, work, and learn! We Love Kelly!
We Love Kelly

Piqua, OH

#234 Mar 22, 2013
Springboro Board of Education President, Kelly Kohls, is committed to ensuring that the children of the Springboro community receive an excellent education, while keeping the costs of that education affordable by carefully adhering to responsible spending.

-Thank you, Kelly!
Vote for Success

Piqua, OH

#235 Mar 23, 2013
Vote for Success of reform minded policies.

Why would any parent and concerned citizen Vote for Revenge AGAINST our children first..?
The Core is Rotten

Girard, OH

#236 Mar 24, 2013
COMMON CORE INFORMATION FORUM

The Common Core State Standards adopted by Ohio are making waves. Do you understand what adopting Common Core curriculum means for Ohio children?

Please join OSBLC for a panel discussion on the new Common Core State Standards. Panelists will discuss the State's new Common Core curriculum, followed by a question and answer session with the audience.

The purpose of this FREE event will be to provide the information you need to understand the national Common Core Standards and the new PARCC assessments.

Current panelists:
Emmy L. Partin - Director of Ohio Policy & Research, Thomas B. Fordham Institute
Emmett McGroarty - American Principles Project - Executive Director, Preserve Innocence Project
Joy Pullmann - Research Fellow, Education, The Heartland Institute; Managing Editor, School Reform News
Heather Crossin - Co-founder of Hoosiers Against Common Core
We are still looking for qualified speakers on both sides of the issue.

Location: Berlin Presbyterian Church, 5175 S Old State Rd Lewis Center, OH 43035
When: Saturday, April 13 10:00 am - Noon

Space is limited, so please reserve your seat for this FREE event by clicking the link below:


http://www.eventzilla.net/web/event...
Cobra follower

Cincinnati, OH

#237 Mar 26, 2013
The Core is Rotten wrote:
COMMON CORE INFORMATION FORUM
The Common Core State Standards adopted by Ohio are making waves. Do you understand what adopting Common Core curriculum means for Ohio children?
Please join OSBLC for a panel discussion on the new Common Core State Standards. Panelists will discuss the State's new Common Core curriculum, followed by a question and answer session with the audience.
The purpose of this FREE event will be to provide the information you need to understand the national Common Core Standards and the new PARCC assessments.
Current panelists:
Emmy L. Partin - Director of Ohio Policy & Research, Thomas B. Fordham Institute
Emmett McGroarty - American Principles Project - Executive Director, Preserve Innocence Project
Joy Pullmann - Research Fellow, Education, The Heartland Institute; Managing Editor, School Reform News
Heather Crossin - Co-founder of Hoosiers Against Common Core
We are still looking for qualified speakers on both sides of the issue.
Location: Berlin Presbyterian Church, 5175 S Old State Rd Lewis Center, OH 43035
When: Saturday, April 13 10:00 am - Noon
Space is limited, so please reserve your seat for this FREE event by clicking the link below:
http://www.eventzilla.net/web/event...
the cobra commander shall speak. Your sins will for forgivin and And you shall rise a commando. All hail cobra
It is Written

Piqua, OH

#238 Mar 26, 2013
...in Psalm 35: And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long.
Cobra follower

Cincinnati, OH

#239 Mar 26, 2013
It is Written wrote:
...in Psalm 35: And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long.
your god has now power here . Go back to your Sunday book club
It is also written

Cincinnati, OH

#240 Mar 27, 2013
It is Written wrote:
...in Psalm 35: And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long.
It is also written that cowboys butts drive you nuts!
Merica

Cleves, OH

#241 Mar 28, 2013
It is also written wrote:
<quoted text>
It is also written that cowboys butts drive you nuts!
no queer here buddy
Reject Forced Unionism

Piqua, OH

#242 Mar 28, 2013
Given the latest news from Michigan regarding the passing of Right to Work legislation in that state it is encouraging to know that Ohio is right behind them. No longer should teachers be coerced into to participating in an organization that contradicts many teachers moral convictions. See links below. Forced unionism is a Marxist philosophy and has no place in Springboro. Yes a teacher can opt out but must still pay a large portion of the Membership dues. How about giving the teachers the ability to opt out and and pay nothing.

The Pro Union thugs that attend your meetings undermine and interfere with the Board's efforts of promoting fiscally responsible Pro Student/tax Payer initiative’s. The noise they make always leads back to what’s best for the teachers union interests with little concern for the Student or the Tax payer. Please understand I am thankful for the many great teachers in Springboro, it’s the Union who we have issues with.

Please do not cave to their Thug Tactics, the Community is behind you and appreciate your efforts to be fiscally responsible. Unelected Union Sympathizers have no platform to constantly harass the BOE members as they are neither Staff nor Union Members. As Union puppets their only purpose is create division and discontentment within the Schools and Community.

The best thing that can happen is to make Right to Work a Law here in Ohio and it is coming. http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/12/1...

Check out what the NEA/Teachers Union stands for regarding Homosexuality, Liberal and Christian viewpoints. In my opinion Teachers Unions are like affirmative action, they force employers to compensate groups of individuals based on the demands of the group rather than individual performance/contributions. It is insulting to individual liberty and personal responsibility and is basically a legal form of extortion. Do we really want organizations with these kinds of radical agendas shaping our schools ideology?

See the links below and you’ll realize what we’re dealing with:

http://www.missionamerica.com/enews/enews_Mar...

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Education/Default.a...

&fe ature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action...
Tired of the same

Tipp City, OH

#243 Mar 28, 2013
Reject Forced Unionism wrote:
Given the latest news from Michigan regarding the passing of Right to Work legislation in that state it is encouraging to know that Ohio is right behind them. No longer should teachers be coerced into to participating in an organization that contradicts many teachers moral convictions. See links below. Forced unionism is a Marxist philosophy and has no place in Springboro. Yes a teacher can opt out but must still pay a large portion of the Membership dues. How about giving the teachers the ability to opt out and and pay nothing.
The Pro Union thugs that attend your meetings undermine and interfere with the Board's efforts of promoting fiscally responsible Pro Student/tax Payer initiative’s. The noise they make always leads back to what’s best for the teachers union interests with little concern for the Student or the Tax payer. Please understand I am thankful for the many great teachers in Springboro, it’s the Union who we have issues with.
Please do not cave to their Thug Tactics, the Community is behind you and appreciate your efforts to be fiscally responsible. Unelected Union Sympathizers have no platform to constantly harass the BOE members as they are neither Staff nor Union Members. As Union puppets their only purpose is create division and discontentment within the Schools and Community.
The best thing that can happen is to make Right to Work a Law here in Ohio and it is coming. http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/12/1...
Check out what the NEA/Teachers Union stands for regarding Homosexuality, Liberal and Christian viewpoints. In my opinion Teachers Unions are like affirmative action, they force employers to compensate groups of individuals based on the demands of the group rather than individual performance/contributions. It is insulting to individual liberty and personal responsibility and is basically a legal form of extortion. Do we really want organizations with these kinds of radical agendas shaping our schools ideology?
See the links below and you’ll realize what we’re dealing with:
http://www.missionamerica.com/enews/enews_Mar...
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Education/Default.a...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =lCIlpb1d5joXX&feature=rel ated
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action...
Blah Blah Blah

Here's to the talking mouth...It talks but no one wants to listen. The board members are whiny little people who don't deserve the respect of anyone, much less the teachers and staff of the district. I am tired of hearing comments such as union first bullying and other rhetoric that is simply boring. The same people who post day in and day out, if you would brush up your resume - you could probably find work somewhere. Quit bullying and start supporting our children.

Our time is coming when we will reclaim the board position and oust those who are not working in the communities best interest...I know the current board is not.
Tired of the same

Tipp City, OH

#244 Mar 28, 2013
We Love Kelly wrote:
Springboro Board of Education President, Kelly Kohls, is committed to ensuring that the children of the Springboro community receive an excellent education, while keeping the costs of that education affordable by carefully adhering to responsible spending.
-Thank you, Kelly!
This must be a dear dear friend of Ms Kohl's. You must thank her for posting your praise day in and day out. Kelly is for Kelly. For an educated person, she opens her mouth without knowing the question?

Go ahead scratch your head...read it again...those of us make sure we know the question before responding.
But, NOT KELLY!

Change is coming folks!
Tired of the same

Tipp City, OH

#245 Mar 28, 2013
We Love Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
As for me and my household of voters, we think of Kelly Kohls as a great role model! Most families that have it all together, then have to face it all falling apart...(because of unseen local, state, and national financial circumstances, which are beyond our responsibile control of our own family/household budgets)... play the Victim card, blaming others, instead of getting to work fixing things for themselves, all the while, serving others.
Thank you, Kelly. We appreciate your tireless public service as a good neighbor with civic pride, continuing in your work helping Springboro schools and our Springboro neighborhoods become better places to live, work and learn!
Text book ENABLING folks. When an event occurs, go ahead you can do it - take RESPONSIBILITY! If you live beyond your means you it will someday catch up to you. But, there are those that just want to blah blah blah explain it away. This is what is wrong today, enable the wrong doer's and punish the hard workers.

Congratulation Kelly, bankruptcy is QUEEN!

By the way, nice article regarding your getting into the Franklin School District business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Regarding the former Bruce Jenner... 2 hr Rebecca 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr femiguy 19,945
Today's Leon Harrison Quotation 13 hr Fan of Leon The Man 24
This is why I am an Ann Fan! 16 hr Ann Fan 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 16 hr peter pan 31,822
Lindsey Graham can't get Mitt's 47%. 17 hr The Old Cold Warrior 1
Bitch and moan about drones? 17 hr Insider 2
More from around the web

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]