Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 31860 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

Was

Amelia, OH

#6457 May 15, 2009
CUBA? they don't have internet do they?
Here

Amelia, OH

#6458 May 15, 2009
Aw shucks, back home
Slow

Amelia, OH

#6459 May 15, 2009
New Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
So what committee are you going to serve on that would serve your community?
Where

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#6460 May 15, 2009
Dissapointed wrote:
Thanks much to all you who voted no on the levy... I'll be thinking of you every morning and afternoon while I'm driving my kid to school along with a thousand other people. I hope some of you live near the schools and can't get out of your driveways for 2-3 hours a day.
If you can't afford to live in a district with decent schools, move!
You can say this and give every reason not to pay, but in the end you're a cheapskate, pure and simple.
Guess what? Everybody in Sprangbor'a doesnt make
$300K per year. If you don't like my attitude, then
YOU move! Sprangbor'a schools were fine before the
Yuppies took over and they will still
be there after you're gone.:) Better get Little
Boo Boo some new snow boots cuz he's gonna need them.
Awwwww..Poor Mrs Yuppie. BTW, you want a cheap place
to "skate"? Clear Creek is fine in the winter if you
just wait until the ice is hard enough.(and its free)

Location hidden

#6461 May 15, 2009
Sprangborians marching off to school...(starring
Little Boo Boo)

Mommy! Mommy! What happened to the Benz? Is it in the
shop?

Location hidden

#6462 May 15, 2009
OOps! Little Boo Boo needs some marching music too:!

Stay Alert

Lower Salem, OH

#6463 May 16, 2009
Stay Alert wrote:
<quoted text>
To Don Gingrich...I noticed that some folks have judged you CLUELESS so perhaps this will help you better understand that this article I posted is one that I found helpful which was printed on the website ROLL BACK THE TAX. I did not write the article, but wanted to share this article with others that might have an interest. So, hopefully, this will clear up all those CLUELESS judgements on your post.
The following can be found in its entirety on the website ROLL BACK THE TAX:
SPRINGBORO, Ohio Springboro voters say no to a 4.11 mill levy for Springboro schools.
The levy failed with all precincts counted in Warren and Montgomery County by 137 votes with 51 percent said no and 49 percent said yes.This is the fourth time the levy has failed.The failed levy means that Springboro will end busing for students living within two-mile radius of their school, and implementation of pay-to-participate fees for the next school year. The budget for hiring new teachers would also be cut.
This was the slimmest victory we could imagine. Its a shame the Yes voters feel such animosity for those who voted against a system of taxation without representation. They should really focus their anger at the school board for their refusal to cut upper administration and instead cut busing and have postured this in such a way to cause extreme punishment and suffering for parents. You should demand busing and demand that cuts be elsewhere. We could agree on that.
The school reaction is just what youd expect; Seeing red and lashing out.
No voters - I need your help to start preparing for the #5 in November. I understand some professional political consultants (hacks) have been hired to push this through the next time. We need to follow the example set by the opposition. They approached this very intelligently. We need to get lists of registered voters, associate them with neighborhoods and contact those people in person, by phone and email. We need to have reminder calls before the election. This is going to take some work and volunteers will be needed. Im only a small player in this and these are just my post-election thoughts. Please register here so I can send out email bulletins asking for your help and advice.
I ask other like minded groups to contact me so we can coordinate and I can help get the word out in this forum.
Thanks to everyone who demanded responsible spending. We won this time; it wont be so easy next time.-
For this and other information about Springboro property taxes, visit the website ROLL BACK THE TAX.
OOPS! Sorry...Don... that didn't work to improve your image. I guess the word is out across the Borohood that you are indeed CLUELESS!

Maybe you can learn from our neighbor Bernie to restore your credibility. When Bernie was corrected by Jim for announcing that Jim was NOT running for school board; then Bernie did the credible thing and stepped up to apoligize to Jim.
Stay Alert

Lower Salem, OH

#6464 May 16, 2009
Stay Alert wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the wisdom of President Ronald Reagan who said, "Where others see adversity, I see opportunity." Today's adversity is what motivates us, but it is tomorrow's opportunity that calls us to action. Rather than getting frustrated, complaining to friends, or just being plain angry, take action today to determine what is in your best interest, and then resolve to vote next time in whatever is in your best interest, and then respect your neightbors for doing the same.
Or, you could continue your anger by focusing on our Springboro school newsletters' motto...where children come first.... UNLESS your child lives within a 2 mile radius of our schools of excellence with distinction!
Your Choice, Your Money! My Choice, My Money!
Stay Alert

Lower Salem, OH

#6465 May 16, 2009
Dissapointed wrote:
Thanks much to all you who voted no on the levy... I'll be thinking of you every morning and afternoon while I'm driving my kid to school along with a thousand other people. I hope some of you live near the schools and can't get out of your driveways for 2-3 hours a day.
You can say this and give every reason not to pay, but in the end you're a cheapskate, pure and simple.
Here's a little jingle (sung to the tune of Proud to be an American) that I'm prepared to sing as I "get behind" our school board's decision to punish our community with this traffic snarl.
I will sing this happy song and remind myself not to blame my neighbors for increased taxes. I will remind myself "this is the day the Lord has made for me; I will be glad and rejoice! I will focus on good things instead of bad traffic snarls and the greed of our current school district leadership. I will remind myself that I cannot change the decisions of ways our BOE makes on way to use my tax dollars; I can only change my attitude! Humor and gratitude works for me!

I'm proud to live in the Borohood,
And proud you live beside me!
And I'll gladly stand up,
And put up, with your shaming and blaming
That you proclaim so greedily....

Location hidden

#6466 May 16, 2009
Stay Alert wrote:
<quoted text>
OOPS! Sorry...Don... that didn't work to improve your image. I guess the word is out across the Borohood that you are indeed CLUELESS!
Maybe you can learn from our neighbor Bernie to restore your credibility. When Bernie was corrected by Jim for announcing that Jim was NOT running for school board; then Bernie did the credible thing and stepped up to apoligize to Jim.
SA...Seriously...simma down now. Please don't take this the wrong way, as I am not trying to pick on you or pick an argument with you, but relax...we won this round. Right now you aren't doing any of us any favors. And you aren't coming across particularly well.

just my 2 cents worth, probably isn't worth that much.
Bernie

Amelia, OH

#6467 May 16, 2009
Pillar, you missed out on a round. Did you have to walk your poodle?

Location hidden

#6468 May 16, 2009
Bernie wrote:
Pillar, you missed out on a round. Did you have to walk your poodle?
Naahhhh the wife & I went out to dinner. Didn't see your post until late.

I will probably be there Monday after 8pm.

Since: Aug 08

Loveland, OH

#6469 May 16, 2009
Dissapointed wrote:
Thanks for thinking about the voter. While your sitting there think about a few other things.

How much did the BOE spend on attorneys fees to get the medical builing done ?

When they were playing at real estate developer and not concentrating on the education of the communities children, what was the implied cost ?

Four failed levies, how much did that cost ?

How much would it have cost to negotiate with the SEA to save every employees job ?

How dare you imply that no voters are cheapskates and that was the only motivation. What is that ignorance or arrogance ?

Finally think about the support staff who are permanently in their driveway. What would the BOE say ? Sorry we are too busy thinking about building medical buildings to worry about your jobs.

Location hidden

#6470 May 16, 2009
Dissapointed wrote:
Thanks much to all you who voted no on the levy... I'll be thinking of you every morning and afternoon...
Dear Dissapointed (sic)

You're welcome. It was my pleasure. As far as the kind thoughts, allow me to thank you!

Sincerely

Pillar
Bernie

Amelia, OH

#6471 May 16, 2009
Pillar wrote:
<quoted text>
Naahhhh the wife & I went out to dinner. Didn't see your post until late.
I will probably be there Monday after 8pm.
I'll see if my coupon is still good.

Location hidden

#6472 May 16, 2009
Bernie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll see if my coupon is still good.
A coupon? I thought now we could afford a pizza or two a month. ;)
not a baker fan

Shreveport, LA

#6473 May 16, 2009
Pillar wrote:
<quoted text>
SA...Seriously...simma down now. Please don't take this the wrong way, as I am not trying to pick on you or pick an argument with you, but relax...we won this round. Right now you aren't doing any of us any favors. And you aren't coming across particularly well.
just my 2 cents worth, probably isn't worth that much.
Pillar, I agree. Thank you..:)
swordfish

Dayton, OH

#6474 May 16, 2009
Scar tactic Springboro is great for that. Instead of cutting bussing and other things our kid deserve CUT THE PAY TO THE UPPER STAFF as did other companies nation wide. The super. should be the first to be cut. If the banks & most other companies are doing it then I feel that the "management" of the school system should be delt the same. I and a lot of my friend got pay cuts and we will survive so why not treat them the same as any other business, cant aford the BIG money then cut it back. We the people of Spring boro can't afford to pay any more then we are.
hey stay alert

Mountain View, CA

#6475 May 16, 2009
Stay Alert wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay Alert - you are hurting the cause and giving this blog a bad name - you need to get a life
Golden Oldie

United States

#6476 May 16, 2009
I read this in todays DDN Letters:
Schools want immunity from the pinch of recession.
School districts seem to think they should be exempt from the current economic downturn. Virtually every business & individual in the area has had to cut back. Yet, the schools seem to have the attitude that they are entitled to 100% of what they had before & sometimes more. They appear to have no concept of the real world and no willingness to participate in the real world. Would staff cutbacks in the schools be painful? Yes they would. but they would be no more painful than staff cutbacks have been at the local business or car dealerships.
No one has been able to prove demonstrably that the quality of education would suffer from cutbacks. All we have been presented is hype. Would 30 kids in a classroom and parents paying for their child's participation in certain activities really be as catastrophic as it's been portrayed?
The most disturbing thing is the schools' attitudes. They have no problem asking people who are financially strapped to give more money just so the schools can be completely free of any financial stress level. The schools put out their hands, asking already financially strained people to give more, simply to ensure the schools' current comfort level. They should be ashamed of themselves. And shame on us for letting them get away with it.

Thank You CA of Tipp City - my sentiments exactly!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Chuck 20,046
don't waste your time or gas applying at Fuyao. 3 hr Brandy 24
"Joine Disadvantaged American Victims!" 4 hr Leon Harrison 1
Middletown 1965 to early 70 (Jun '09) 7 hr John Pence 239
20 cases well known prostitute getting out of j... 8 hr FOVR 31
N.J. Governor Chris Christie 8 hr FOVR 2
News Markus Henry arrested for murder of Resa Lee in... 23 hr ghostly gamr 1
More from around the web

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Springboro Mortgages