Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,412

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Taxed to the Max

Girard, OH

#5849 May 5, 2009
Yes! It failed!

FOR THE TAX LEVY 48.60
AGAINST THE TAX LEVY 51.40

Good work NO voters and responsible citizens!
Concerned Clearcreek Mom

Englewood, OH

#5850 May 5, 2009
WE WON!!!! YES!!!
AGAINST 51.2%
FOR 48.8%
100% IN!
YEAH!
Wow

Cincinnati, OH

#5851 May 5, 2009
Baker and buddies extortion game plan didn't work this time. He needs to go - big time!!!!!!
Concerned Clearcreek Mom

Englewood, OH

#5852 May 5, 2009
Sorry, it was actually 51.4% Against, 48.6%, like Taxed said!(Looked at wrong figures)

YEAH BABY!
Old Croney

Springboro, OH

#5853 May 5, 2009
Taxed to the Max wrote:
Yes! It failed!
FOR THE TAX LEVY 48.60
AGAINST THE TAX LEVY 51.40
Good work NO voters and responsible citizens!
Don't jump the gun here. There are still some Montgomery Co votes to count. Since they are Settlers Walk expect most to be YES.
Moe

United States

#5854 May 5, 2009
I'd like to thank everyone who helped defeat this levy! It was only a 249 vote difference so I'm sure we'll see it again in August. Keep up the fight!
News Facts

Englewood, OH

#5855 May 5, 2009
The next step we need to do is an immediate court injunction against them to stop removal of busing due to public safety issues and to demand their cuts elsewhere. This I think we can get majority support for. I am reviewing this currently with my legal counsel and will get back with more detail. Great job everyone. Please stay in touch and remember we must get all new board members to make real permanent change.
Old Croney

Springboro, OH

#5856 May 5, 2009
There probably aren't 250 YES votes in Mont Co. so I expect it has failed, but just be aware there are more votes to be counted.
News Facts

Englewood, OH

#5857 May 5, 2009
Old Croney wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't jump the gun here. There are still some Montgomery Co votes to count. Since they are Settlers Walk expect most to be YES.
100% in Old Croney
Moe

United States

#5858 May 5, 2009
not a baker fan

Dayton, OH

#5859 May 5, 2009
News Facts wrote:
The DDN kink to the results:
http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/gen/...
It may be a close one tonight.
that's what I have been saying for weeks, and yet some continued to call me clueless.

Since: Dec 08

United States

#5860 May 5, 2009
News Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
100% in Old Croney
No, Old Croney is correct. There is 1 precinct in Montgomery County and it hasn't been reported yet.
Mom

Dayton, OH

#5861 May 5, 2009
Concerned Clearcreek Mom wrote:
Sorry, it was actually 51.4% Against, 48.6%, like Taxed said!(Looked at wrong figures)
YEAH BABY!
If you're a mom, how can you vote no on the levy meaning bussing is cut and classroom size will increase to maximum levels?
Anonymous

Englewood, OH

#5862 May 5, 2009
not a baker fan wrote:
<quoted text>
that's what I have been saying for weeks, and yet some continued to call me clueless.
Did anyone really think it would not be close? You need to have confidence though and saying things like the other side is going to win is not productive. And I can practically guarantee that this blog brought in 250 new No votes. Good job everyone.
Stay Alert

Pittsburgh, PA

#5863 May 5, 2009
Concerned Clearcreek Mom wrote:
WE WON!!!! YES!!!
AGAINST 51.2%
FOR 48.8%
100% IN!
YEAH!
Amen, Common Sense Voters! Excellent Job! Thank You!
Yes on May 5th

Yellow Springs, OH

#5864 May 5, 2009
Bernie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you make another false statement. This system started the idiocy of building stadiums with medicalk dollars. We even have a Super who gave a talk about it.(Free stadium renovations and more!!!)
http://www.scribd.com/doc/14434593/Free-Stadi...
So your keeping up with the Jones just sank. They are copying our stupidity. If you need to be educated more on the subject there are plenty of articles here: http://www.topix.com/forum/city/springboro-oh...
My facts are backed up.....what about yours???
Your links provide no "facts" to back up your point of view so I don't understand the reason behind your post. I am done trying to have an honest debate with you.
Moe

United States

#5865 May 5, 2009
Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're a mom, how can you vote no on the levy meaning bussing is cut and classroom size will increase to maximum levels?
Where did you hear that classroom size wll increase to "maximum levels"?
holdin my breath

Cincinnati, OH

#5866 May 5, 2009
Old Croney wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep your fingers crossed!!
Concerned Clearcreek Mom

Englewood, OH

#5867 May 5, 2009
Old Croney IS correct - Montgomery County is not counted. :( Larry Budd just wrote an article saying they are cautiously optimistic.
Moe

United States

#5868 May 5, 2009
http://www.mcboe.org/ElectionResults/05052009...

Final results from Montgomery county. If I did my math right it narrowed the margined down to 137 vote difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is Jamie Simpson? 11 hr sgo 3
"Local literary fame is a pain" 19 hr Literature Lover 3
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 20 hr FOX knews 19,466
Concealed carry in Boro's schools - not a matte... (Jul '13) 22 hr Student 4 Conceal... 79
"Let us save our fake feigned outrage" Thu Fan of Leon The Man 2
Regarding this income-gap crap: Thu Dark Dumbass Dimu... 5
"Regarding anti-Keystone Gruber Goobers" Nov 19 Leon Harrison 1
Springboro Dating
Find my Match

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News