Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments
4,621 - 4,640 of 31,130 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Concerned Clearcreek Mom

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

http://www.borolevyfacts.org/index.asp...

Ummm, Fact checker, it also says "radius."

Please do ME a favor and get YOUR facts straight before you come on here and tell me/us to be careful with ours!
Bernie

Batavia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

fact checker wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll want to be exact and verify numbers with the administarition in order to appear credible.
O...M...G
I better get on it and verify what our cost per pupil is.
fact checker

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Concerned Clearcreek Mom wrote:
Fact checker, according to their own site, it is $350 for Junior High fees, not $300 like you say below. See what I mean!
<quoted text>
A typo--my bad. Point taken!
fact checker

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Concerned Clearcreek Mom wrote:
http://www.borolevyfacts.org/i ndex.asp?p=7
Ummm, Fact checker, it also says "radius."
Please do ME a favor and get YOUR facts straight before you come on here and tell me/us to be careful with ours!
The letter sent home to all students this week says that "radius" is incorrect.
fact checker

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

I WAS JUST TRYING TO BE HELPFUL. Don't be so quick to judge/jump on someone who is ON YOUR SIDE!
Go ahead and do/print whatever you want.
Concerned Clearcreek Mom

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

http://www.borolevyfacts.org/index.asp...

You know, if time permitted, we could have a "field day" with all the pages of "facts and figures" from this borolevyfacts.site. Thanks for asking us to check. If I had nothing to do, I guess I could sit here and compare all these "facts" with the course of other "facts" provided through the district newsletters, letters from Dr. Baker, etc.

Here is just one....On the first day of the school year, enrollment grew by 270. Yet, for fiscal years 06-08, that would be three years, the district grew by 532 students.

Fact check please!
Concerned Clearcreek Mom

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

fact checker wrote:
<quoted text>
The letter sent home to all students this week says that "radius" is incorrect.
OH! I SEE! The letter sent home to the students THIS WEEK, says that our administration, who WE are suppose to check our facts and figures through, made an ERROR???

Ha! Ha! Ha! Where is that funny button! I got to funny you on this one! You are a trip, friend. You got me all spinned up about things like radius...why didn't you just say that they had put out radius and it was incorrect and that is why people are citing it?

You better get on the stick to the 'ol BoroLevyFacts website and correct it then!:)
Concerned Clearcreek Mom

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

fact checker wrote:
I WAS JUST TRYING TO BE HELPFUL. Don't be so quick to judge/jump on someone who is ON YOUR SIDE!
Go ahead and do/print whatever you want.
As a reminder, this is what you started out by saying, which made me give a big long explanation that we will get facts out there correct to the best of our knowledge. This is what you started out saying:

"You have several incorrect facts/numbers in this list and your previous one. Better double check them!"

As the scenario unfolds and you answer Bernie's question on what is wrong, YOU start putting wrong facts and tell us to check with Administration for accuracy! Then I show you where Administration and the BoroLevy group cites "radius"(one error you cite) and you then say they made an error and sent out corrections, of which people without children would not received.

DO YOU NOW SEE THE IRONY OF THIS? Why, again, would we check with them?

As always, thank you for your input!
fact checker

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

To concerned CC mom
RELAX! You are getting all riled up for nothing!
I think I've made my point and that you all will double check what you print. It will help your cause if you do. Good luck and good night.
Concerned Clearcreek Mom

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

fact checker wrote:
To concerned CC mom
RELAX! You are getting all riled up for nothing!
I think I've made my point and that you all will double check what you print. It will help your cause if you do. Good luck and good night.
Thanks - I will relax and go fix myself a cocktail!:)

I think you made lots of points that you may not even realize you made and I guess you will be double-checking what you write also? BTW, do you know Panther Parent? You guys write a lot alike and both have an IP address from Miamisburg.

Have a good evening!:)
Panther Parent

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Panther Parent is here--laughing at both of you. Now "fact checker' knows what it is like to feel your wrath! I, Panther Parent, would NEVER help you in your attempt to print info encouraging people to vote No! I was reading the last couple of days hoping you'd leave all the mistakes in there (especially the double negative "vote no against" the levy part Don G proposed to title his document) That was my favorite. But, alas, you caught it.

IP addresses mean nothing. Does that mean everyone with a Springboro IP address is the same person? I've also been accused of being Diane Trifiro. Wow. Another conspiracy for you all to have fun with. Enjoy!
Concerned Clearcreek Mom

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Panther Parent wrote:
Panther Parent is here--laughing at both of you. Now "fact checker' knows what it is like to feel your wrath! I, Panther Parent, would NEVER help you in your attempt to print info encouraging people to vote No! I was reading the last couple of days hoping you'd leave all the mistakes in there (especially the double negative "vote no against" the levy part Don G proposed to title his document) That was my favorite. But, alas, you caught it.
IP addresses mean nothing. Does that mean everyone with a Springboro IP address is the same person? I've also been accused of being Diane Trifiro. Wow. Another conspiracy for you all to have fun with. Enjoy!
WOW! You've REALLY shown your true colors...as if we had any doubt on that one. Thanks for clarifying that you were just another helpful citizen, for those that needed it!
McBoro

Batavia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Taxed Off wrote:
Is this for real? NO teacher makes under $60k? A 2nd grade teacher making $79k, with the benefits and very liberal time off work they get? No one will say it but I will, a 2nd grade teacher is a glorified baby sitter. They deserve a decent wage but come on... This is just too much.
Concerned Clearcreek Mom

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

McBoro wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this for real? NO teacher makes under $60k? A 2nd grade teacher making $79k, with the benefits and very liberal time off work they get? No one will say it but I will, a 2nd grade teacher is a glorified baby sitter. They deserve a decent wage but come on... This is just too much.
It's for real. Sad, but true! I had always heard that teachers made just awful salaries before looking at these charts. I think a lot of people are under the impression teachers made like $30,000. I know I was! Now, I won't agree with you that 2nd grade teachers are glorified baby sitters...
Bernie

Batavia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Here is where you can double check the salaries
http://www.scribd.com/borolivin5938

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

McBoro wrote:
<quoted text>
Put it in better perspective. 79,000 for 9 months equates to 105,333+ for 12 months.

Not too shabby for reading See Dick Run to a bunch of 7-8 year olds.

EL Ed...noble profession, but in college we called 'em cut & paste majors looking for their MRS degree. ;)

Hey Panther Parent, See what your yes vote goes to...HIgh teacher wages and less busing.

Vote Smart...Vote NO !
Panther Parent

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

McBoro wrote:
<quoted text>
The chart you looked at does not include all teachers. There ARE teachers who make less than the $60k. Check the other site. I was unable to find some names on either list, so I don't think either one is complete. But the first list you checked is definitely not.

All said, still high salaries that should be re-negotiated. The SEA needs to make some concessions--lots of them! This is an area the BOE needs to work on to find ways to save $$$ it is long overdue and should be brought up Monday night.
Panther Parent

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Just a FEW teachers not listed: Knightstep (3rd), Hemmert-Dull (JH), Kessel(6th) Sharkey(6th), Humrighouse (sp?)(6th), Dameron(JH), McCune(JH), Youst (JH), Fussnecker (K), Dwenger (1), Warwar(2)

Incidentally, some of these I just listed are newer to the district, so will be at the low end of the pay scale. There are LOTS more not listed also. These are just some I thought of without looking anything up.
Concerned Clearcreek Mom

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Panther Parent wrote:
Just a FEW teachers not listed: Knightstep (3rd), Hemmert-Dull (JH), Kessel(6th) Sharkey(6th), Humrighouse (sp?)(6th), Dameron(JH), McCune(JH), Youst (JH), Fussnecker (K), Dwenger (1), Warwar(2)
Incidentally, some of these I just listed are newer to the district, so will be at the low end of the pay scale. There are LOTS more not listed also. These are just some I thought of without looking anything up.
BoroLivin, put links just a couple of days ago that lists ALL the teachers' salaries. It is right there for the looking.

Since: Aug 08

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Judged:

Panther Parent wrote:
You are correct, these damned double negatives are everywhere. It seems even Brett Schindler is infected with this curse.

"Write a song, send in a video, write a op-ed to DDN. Anything. Just don't do nothing."

And the spelling mistakes ??? I mean really adding a G to nothing. What's up with that ???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Springboro Forum right now

Search the Springboro Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Canton 29,190
Michael Bloomturd has landed in Tel Aviv! 1 hr Leon Harrison 3
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Samuel 18,546
Idea - convert tennis courts in front of Sycamo... 20 hr proactive idea 1
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Thu not 2,214
police profiling and illegal procedures (Nov '09) Thu Curious 45
Middletown Gangs (Apr '13) Wed tard 21
•••
•••
•••
•••

Springboro Jobs

•••