Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 31883 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

tea party cowards

Springboro, OH

#31629 Jul 5, 2014
Excuse Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the (T)odd (P)etrey "Many Voices" for ONE future of Union Solidarity against Springboro families suggesting that Christian Citizens in the Boro follow the lead of our Brother Pastor who stood at Springboro's BOE Podium and ranted judgment of sin upon fiscally conservative BOE elected officials?
Preaching judgment of sin upon fellow citizens has no place in our Springboro schools Board of Education meetings.
This brand of (T)ea (P)arty bigoted Judeo-Christian Centric rant is regularly posted on this forum.
So, why isn't this same (T)ea (P)arty bigoted Judeo-Christian Centric rant seen and heard in Springboro's board room?

The answer's elementary......BIGOTS are COWARDS!
Just Asking

Springboro, OH

#31630 Jul 5, 2014
tea party cowards wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't demand respect. You earn it.
You think I should be looking for respect?
Time for you to do a check-up from the neck-up.
Who's the coward here?
In this forum there are (T) ea (P) artiers who appently enjoy repeatedly proselytizing their bigoted Christian-Judeo Centric agenda. Interestingly, while they are more than happy to vent on the internet, these same (T)ea (P)artiers are much too cowardly to stand at Springboro's BOE podium and repeat the same bigoted rant!
Doesn't Springboro Schools Superintendent (T)odd (P)etrey have an "SB" Policy for SURE against allowing the ONE voice representing fiscal conservative Boro Parents to be heard on important school district Policy issues that affect all our students and community members?

It appears that truth be told, Actions Speak Louder than Words, and doesn't this action prove that it is really Todd Petrey who repeats the same Rant of Intolerance for Citizens who will not agree with his Renewed Vision of ONE union solidarity membership for the ONE future of our school children and community?

And that is just insanely hypocritical of the man who was hired in this school district just two years ago with the Mission of putting priority on students first highest academic potential living within the means of our fiscal conservative Children's First Budget Vision of Reform.

Now, just six months under the leadership of union controlled MSA majority board members, our school superintendent wanders aimlessly throughout our community meetings following the levy promotion campaign led by public relations school employee, Karen DeRosa, and Jeff Stec, outside hired facilitator for citizens for civic renewal (which really means for SURE
promotion of a continuous stream of new levies, based on false budget crisis, with priority of maintaining status quo tunnel vision for our our children's 21st century education.)
Community Engagement

Springboro, OH

#31631 Jul 5, 2014
tea party cowards wrote:
<quoted text>
This brand of (T)ea (P)arty bigoted Judeo-Christian Centric rant is regularly posted on this forum.
So, why isn't this same (T)ea (P)arty bigoted Judeo-Christian Centric rant seen and heard in Springboro's board room?
The answer's elementary......BIGOTS are COWARDS!
Community Engagement of Pray It Forward on this Topix discussion blog has no civic nor Christian responsibility to "take it to the podium" to be seen and heard in Springboro's board room!

Get over yourselves as "Rulers over us" Christian Citizens outside Springboro's board room!
We are not subject to your ONE voice of Union Solidarity NOR required to appear before you in the Bully Pulpit of the Springboro union controlled board room!

Get Real! Praying for all the joys of real living!

God's way of putting people right shows up in the acts of faith, confirming what Scripture has said all along: "The person in right standing before God by trusting Him really lives."
(see Romans 1:17)
tea party hypocrite

Springboro, OH

#31632 Jul 7, 2014
Just Asking wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't Springboro Schools Superintendent (T)odd (P)etrey have an "SB" Policy for SURE against allowing the ONE voice representing fiscal conservative Boro Parents to be heard on important school district Policy issues that affect all our students and community members?

And that is just insanely hypocritical of the man who was hired in this school district just two years ago...
Wait! Are you sure you're not being a hypocrite?
What group of current / former Springboro BOE members worked together to hire Todd Petrey?
tea party bigots

Springboro, OH

#31633 Jul 7, 2014
Community Engagement wrote:
<quoted text>
Community Engagement of Pray It Forward on this Topix discussion blog has no civic nor Christian responsibility to "take it to the podium" to be seen and heard in Springboro's board room!
Get over yourselves as "Rulers over us" Christian Citizens outside Springboro's board room!
We are not subject to your ONE voice of Union Solidarity NOR required to appear before you in the Bully Pulpit of the Springboro union controlled board room!
Get Real! Praying for all the joys of real living!
God's way of putting people right shows up in the acts of faith, confirming what Scripture has said all along: "The person in right standing before God by trusting Him really lives."
(see Romans 1:17)
Springboro-area atheists, agnostics as well as district families that have made conscious decisions to not worship a "god" or "gods" whatsoever take offense to this selfish, bigoted "pray it forward" diatribe.

If you're not aware of this by now, you're making an absolute fool of yourself by repeatedly lowering any argument you may have, to a level of biblical references which have no relation whatsoever to the topic of this thread.
Update

Springboro, OH

#31634 Jul 7, 2014
tea party hypocrite wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait! Are you sure you're not being a hypocrite?
What group of current / former Springboro BOE members worked together to hire Todd Petrey?
Kohls is responsible for bringing Petrey to Springboro. When he left and went to Lakota he stayed in touch with her - emails, phone calls, etc. She was blinded by his 'aww' shucks, good ole boy crap! Blame Kohls for us having Petrey!]
Where Is Accountability

Springboro, OH

#31637 Jul 7, 2014
Update wrote:
<quoted text>
Kohls is responsible for bringing Petrey to Springboro. When he left and went to Lakota he stayed in touch with her - emails, phone calls, etc. She was blinded by his 'aww' shucks, good ole boy crap! Blame Kohls for us having Petrey!]
No one is to "blame" for us having Petrey, except our school superintendent, Todd Petrey.
Mr. Petrey is a big boy now; but he lacks the big skills needed to earn his big salary of $130,000/per year/5 year contract!

Springboro board members Kelly Kohls, Scott Anderson, Don Miller, Jim Rigano, David Petroni, each ONE voice, ONE vote, are each ONE responsible for offering Todd Petrey the highest salary ever that taxpayers have paid an administrator; and why in the world they bought his "plea" that he would have to have the security of a five year "Contract" putting his financial self-interest FIRST..... before coming to Springboro schools district to lead his staff to live within the means of our Children First Budgeting Vision of Reform, doing what's right for our school children and community (even though Mr. Petrey knew that putting our Students first and fiscal responsibility was being relentlessly opposed by our insanely popular SHS principal, Ron Malone and SEA president, Scott Maney).

It is true that Todd Petrey put on a "goody two shoes" face for the community as a whole at the Meet the Candidates forum; but some were not taken in after seeing his hypocrisy revealed when he was approached by the Levy Ladies, with whom he had worked closely
on the pro-levy committee of Neighbors for Springboro Schools. Mr. Petrey continued his catering to the NFSS pro levy union first parents for SURE after being hired by BOE children first majority board members in August 2012.

Now that our board room is under the oppressive rule of the SEA staff, Todd Petrey's hypocrisy is in full view of the community as a whole, as he now proudly wears those "union boots" made for stomping all over Springboro families, flaunting arrogance at the unprecedented progress made during the past two years under the leadership of our fiscal
conservative "Children First" board majority members. Mr. Petrey's renewed vision putting the re-emphasis back on the union first best financial interest (even to the detriment of our students first future education priorities) is not the best plan for the future of our schools and community; but the SEA for SURE no doubt had the strongest strategy working against our Springboro families...... this is what solidarity looks like; and it is not a beautiful thing.
see website: http://www.ohea.org/this-is-what-solidarity-l...
Silly Politics

Springboro, OH

#31638 Jul 7, 2014
tea party cowards wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's the coward here?
In this forum there are (T) ea (P) artiers who appently enjoy repeatedly proselytizing their bigoted Christian-Judeo Centric agenda. Interestingly, while they are more than happy to vent on the internet, these same (T)ea (P)artiers are much too cowardly to stand at Springboro's BOE podium and repeat the same bigoted rant!
How Silly You Sound in Parenthesis!

Betcha this little ranting rhyme is sillier than yours!

All Together Now - I'd like to teach Boro to Silly Sing for sure!

Three Old Men!
Three Old Men!
Sat on the Board!
Sat on the Board!
They All turned their backs on our Children First!
They All rallied back to status quo or burst!
Three Old Men!
Three Old Men!
where IS accountability

Springboro, OH

#31639 Jul 7, 2014
Where Is Accountability wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is to "blame" for us having Petrey, except our school superintendent, Todd Petrey.
WTF ?!?
So much for that long-held right-wing position that liberals corner the market when it comes to white-washing history!!
dont be a TP coward

Springboro, OH

#31640 Jul 7, 2014

Who's the coward here?

thought 4 today

Springboro, OH

#31641 Jul 8, 2014
Can TPB get through this Tuesday without posting incessant, useless scripture, which is of course diametrically completely unrelated to the topic of this thread?
Let Freedom Ring

Springboro, OH

#31643 Jul 8, 2014
Contrary to Todd Petrey's $12,000 contract to Jeff Stec of Citizens for Civic Renewal, there is no ONE facilitator; but free speech for all to voice each ONE's opinion, on this blog.

Contrary to concerns of the Many Voices Project with LACK of diversity (demographic, socioeconomic, political, generational, professional, etc.) on the Petrey/Stec Team of community meetings, this Topix community engagement blog is open to One Community With Many Concerns and Respect for Diverstiy.

"Whatever the context, the point is the same: if a group wants to move forward, it needs to develop an understood, agreed-on-purpose."

The Petrey/Stec MVP project has all the money and power to move forward to develop ONE future of Union Solidarity AGAINST our ONE Community of Diversity in Beliefs and Values in Education; All we have in opposition to ONE future of Union Solidarity is our Great American constitutional rights of free speech and freedom of choice of religious expression.

Community Engagement of MVP meetings VS other community
discussions SHARE common interest in the Topic of this blog:
in debate of Dayton Daily News recommendation: Springboro voters should say yes the first time to school levies.
Peat AND Repeat

Springboro, OH

#31644 Jul 8, 2014
Silly Politics wrote:
<quoted text>
How Silly You Sound in Parenthesis!
Betcha this little ranting rhyme is sillier than yours!
All Together Now - I'd like to teach Boro to Silly Sing for sure!
Three Old Men!
Three Old Men!
Sat on the Board!
Sat on the Board!
They All turned their backs on our Children First!
They All rallied back to status quo or burst!
Three Old Men!
Three Old Men!
Oh What Fun It Is For Union controlled MSA to Throw Our Children under the Bus!

And indebt ALL Springboro Stakeholders $5 million energy contract to Tremco (even though many of our school district's "energy" needs are already met in our school tax budget).
TWO WAY STREET

Maineville, OH

#31647 Jul 8, 2014
Let Freedom Ring wrote:
<quoted text>
Lazy, Crazy, Hazy Days of Summer pass quickly by and these are great times for families to live, work, play, pray AND read together! A great new book worthy of the investment of our time is written by Ben Carson, MD, with Candy Carson. ONE NATION shares concerns about the United States finances, the government's problem-solving skills, the restriction of the First Amendment, the attempts to take God out of the system, and the current state of chaos between parties.
If you think your religious liberty/First Amendment rights has been violated, answer the following questions:

My religious liberty is at risk because:

A) I am not allowed to purchase, read or possess religious books or material.
B) Others are allowed to have access books, movies and websites that I do not like.

A) My religious group is not allowed equal protection under the establishment clause.
B) My religious group is not allowed to use public funds, buildings and resources as we would like, for whatever purposes we might like.

A) Another religious group has been declared the official faith of my country.
B) My own religious group is not given status as the official faith of my country.

A) I am not allowed to teach my children the creation stories of our faith at home.
B) Public school science classes are teaching science.

If you answered "A" to any question, then perhaps your religious liberty is indeed at stake. You and your faith group have every right to now advocate for equal protection under the law. But just remember this one little, constitutional, concept: this means you can fight for your equality -- not your superiority.

If you answered "B" to any question, then not only is your religious liberty not at stake, but there is a strong chance that you are oppressing the religious liberties of others. This is the point where I would invite you to refer back to the tenets of your faith, especially the ones about your neighbors.

In closing, no matter what soundbites you hear this election year, remember this: Religious liberty is never secured by a campaign of religious superiority. The only way to ensure your own religious liberty remains strong is by advocating for the religious liberty of all, including those with whom you may passionately disagree. Because they deserve the same rights as you. Nothing more. Nothing less.
please see a doctor

Springboro, OH

#31648 Jul 8, 2014
TWO WAY STREET wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think your religious liberty/First Amendment rights has been violated, answer the following questions:
A) I am not allowed to purchase, read or possess religious books or material.
B) Others are allowed to have access books, movies and websites that I do not like.
A) My religious group is not allowed equal protection under the establishment clause.
B) My religious group is not allowed to use public funds, buildings and resources as we would like, for whatever purposes we might like.
A) Another religious group has been declared the official faith of my country.
B) My own religious group is not given status as the official faith of my country.
A) I am not allowed to teach my children the creation stories of our faith at home.
B) Public school science classes are teaching science.
If you answered "A" to any question, then perhaps your religious liberty is indeed at stake. You and your faith group have every right to now advocate for equal protection under the law. But just remember this one little, constitutional, concept: this means you can fight for your equality -- not your superiority.
If you answered "B" to any question, then not only is your religious liberty not at stake, but there is a strong chance that you are oppressing the religious liberties of others. This is the point where I would invite you to refer back to the tenets of your faith, especially the ones about your neighbors.
In closing, no matter what soundbites you hear this election year, remember this: Religious liberty is never secured by a campaign of religious superiority. The only way to ensure your own religious liberty remains strong is by advocating for the religious liberty of all, including those with whom you may passionately disagree. Because they deserve the same rights as you. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Obviously you're an individual suffering severely from persecutory delusions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
thank you mrs obvious

Springboro, OH

#31649 Jul 8, 2014
Good Golly wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that one definition of proselyte is: convert?
Wow!! No kidding?!? So glad I could help you to expand that vocabulary of yours into the opportunistic world of 4-syllable words!

Now...about your spelling...
Let Freedom Ring

Springboro, OH

#31651 Jul 8, 2014
Contrary to Todd Petrey's $12,000 contract to Jeff Stec of Citizens for Civic Renewal, there is no ONE facilitator; but free speech for all to voice each ONE's opinion, on this blog.

Contrary to concerns of the Many Voices Project with LACK of diversity (demographic, socioeconomic, political, generational, professional, etc.) on the Petrey/Stec Team of community meetings, this Topix community engagement blog is open to One Community With Many Concerns and Respect for Diverstiy.

"Whatever the context, the point is the same: if a group wants to move forward, it needs to develop an understood, agreed-on-purpose."

The Petrey/Stec MVP project has all the money and power to move forward to develop ONE future of Union Solidarity AGAINST our ONE Community of Diversity in Beliefs and Values in Education; All we have in opposition to ONE future of Union Solidarity is our Great American constitutional rights of free speech and freedom of choice of religious expression.

in debate of Dayton Daily News recommendation: Springboro voters should say yes the first time to school levies.
Just Asking

Springboro, OH

#31652 Jul 9, 2014
Why are some on this Topix whining about that spelling on this free discussion blog; while for sure these academic failures of our union classroom teachers keep getting deleted?
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
For some reason the above post keeps getting deleted by someone. I wonder what some would find so offensive that the information contained within must be kept from public view.
Are the number of children at the 7th grade level who are comprehending less than 75% of the math material disturbing to this community?
Less than 1 child in 4 scores 75% or better on the Ohio Achievement Assessment math test in Springboro.
Those numbers my friends do not make an excellent with distinction school district.
Can we do better?
Yes.
Will spending $2,000,000 on a new curriculum suddenly turn kids smart?
Nope.
Maybe we can try teaching the material that is in the books we already have. There is no question on the test that cannot be found in the existing text books.
Will aligning ourselves with the Common Core make our children more intelligent?
Nope.
The only way the necessary learning will occur is through teaching all of the children the material that is in the text books we already have in place.
After all, how much has math changed in the past decade?
Just Asking

Springboro, OH

#31656 Jul 9, 2014
Will aligning ourselves with the common core make our children more intelligent?

Parents, teachers, and education leaders along the political spectrum are increasingly raising questions about constitutionality and transparency of this joint project, called the Common Core State
Standards Initiative (CCSS) concerned about the high cost of implementing the standards and the national tests that will be based on them, as well as the potential loss of local control of curriculum and instruction. see website: http://report.heritage.org/ib3800
please seek help

Springboro, OH

#31658 Jul 9, 2014
Let Freedom Ring wrote:
Step 1 to recovery.
We admitted we were powerless over __________ that our lives had become unmanageable.
http://www.wikihow.com/Recognize-Delusional-D...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Our Humvees are good and tough enough" 23 min Leon Harrison 1
We have the urge to merge! 9 hr The Duke of Hazard 1
Today's Leon Harrison Quotation 9 hr Leon Harrison 31
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr Mother Mcreeeeee 20,096
News Dayton-area office targets $21 billion in work ... Aug 25 The Old Cold Warrior 1
"Michael Bloomberg 'FROM THE RIGHT'?!!!" Aug 25 Leon Harrison 1
News Haunted Places in Dayton Ohio (Mar '08) Aug 24 Bergamohaunt 44
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springboro Mortgages