Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,271

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Say It Again

Springboro, OH

#30915 Mar 7, 2014
This One Thing wrote:
<quoted text>
This One Thing that Molly Wray has done is ILLEGAL, and already proven.
It's not ok nor wow wow wow to try distracting from school teacher Molly Wray's
bad girl behavior in favor of MSA; by this questioning of the credibility of Educate Springboro,
in a most unfavorable way.
No matter how much the truth hurts Molly Wray; This One Thing is true..........
that this one thing of illegal behavior is all about bad choices made only by Molly Wray.
Springboro families put their trust in Molly Wray to do the right thing; but Molly Wray
chose to betray this trust; in her self-interest illegal actions in her zeal to promote the school board campaign of MSA (including two retired educators - Ron Malone and David Stuckey).
It is already proven that this school district leadership has the "legal" rights to
slap a Six Month Bad Girl note in her employment records, soon to be discarded and
forgotten by the MSA/SEA, but never forgotten by the Springboro citizens who have
concern about the future reputation of our schools and community; how will this
reputation of Springboro schools be spinning through social media, as this Mollygate
is thrown wide open for all the world to see; and then becomes another dark cloud swirling within the true history of Springboro schools professional educators..... It's just not ok;
nor is it as golden as you have been led to believe.
Worth Repeating; but Never Forgotten!
Say It Again

Springboro, OH

#30916 Mar 7, 2014
Enough already wrote:
Your inflammatory language regarding Molly Wray is getting pretty annoying. You're seriously making it sound like a presidential election scandal. She encouraged kids to get out and vote. Good for her! You guys are just bitter that students voting at the polls were more often than not votes against your side. Get over it. Mrs. Wray has proven herself to be a quality educator for many years. Did she screw up? Maybe.(What law did she break? I'm not arguing that point, but I am curious.). Anyway, maybe she screwed up, but on the continuum of screw-ups, it's very low and certainly does not negate her many years of positively impacting students. So enough already. Move on and pick a new target. But for God's sake, at least quit repeating yourself.
There's just no way for Molly Wray. who has proven herself to be a quality educator for many years to do our students wrong, the right way, for MSA, not even way down low in the Boro.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#30917 Mar 7, 2014
thats ok wrote:
<quoted text>
Not saying anything about "lessening" where Ms. Wray supposedly got her list. And It doesn't matter where ES got their list? What if ES got their email addresses the exact same way as Ms. Wray supposedly did, that is not illegal as well?
With as much publicity that privacy laws get these days it is hard to imagine that Ms Wray somehow missed all of that news coverage.

Attempting to deflect attention away from Ms. Wray by attempting to insinuate "everybody else does it".(which is clearly untrue) seems eerily familiar to anyone who listened to the coaches defend their taking of money from the children and putting it into their private bank accounts.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Just Curious

Springboro, OH

#30918 Mar 9, 2014
Todd n Tammy levy set up wrote:
Attn Boro Teachers!
Here you go... with the Todd & Tammy dog & pony youtube show!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =86Yud2M5el4XX&feature=you tu.be
Community involvement? Call / email superintendent Petrey to ask him how that works. He may respond by saying the recent appointment of S. Bindeman (a habitually verbally abrasive individual) to the District Policy Committee is all about working to institute a higher threshold of "community involvement".
If "community involvement" is so important, why are Boro district administrators hell bent on spending $12,000 to hire an outside firm to come here and ask us what we want? Isn't better communication with the community part of the reason we take time out of our life to cast ballots to select what we individually believe to be the best board members? Isn't better communication with the community part of the reason there's an aduous screening process in place to hire the right people to be administrators in this, as well as other school districts? I suspect any one of Boro's administrators are capable of responsibly answering questions from members of this community... provided their professional opinions aren't effectively jaded by the everpresent influence of union-types in the OSBA and SEA.
@above quote:
"He may respond by saying the recent appointment of S. Bindeman (a habitually verbally abrasive individual) to the District Policy Committee is all about working to institute a higher threshold of "community involvement."

Action speaks louder than words. Isn't this recent appointment to District Policy Committee all about working to "dumbdown" the threshold of community involvement; yielding control of both power and money, way down low in Boro to the greedy hands of the SEA?
thats ok

Springboro, OH

#30919 Mar 10, 2014
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
With as much publicity that privacy laws get these days it is hard to imagine that Ms Wray somehow missed all of that news coverage.
Attempting to deflect attention away from Ms. Wray by attempting to insinuate "everybody else does it".(which is clearly untrue) seems eerily familiar to anyone who listened to the coaches defend their taking of money from the children and putting it into their private bank accounts.
If it is "clearly untrue" - prove it. Where did ES get their list?

And talk about deflection. We go from discussing email lists to you talking about the coaches. Deflection? You are the master.
honestabe

Cleveland, OH

#30920 Mar 10, 2014
All I can say is that I have known LAMB & WADE for a long time and their goal is to get as much out of the taxpayers as they can while saying things like "I am there for you." I am sorry but they BOTH are sheep is WOLFS clothing and they need to leave. Look at the facts.

In the past year, WADE & LAMB allowed the fire chief to place a 4.5 mil levy to the voters of Springboro and Clearcreek Township this with a reserve of seven million dollars in the bank. In my opinion, the trustees, administrators, and fire chief act as charlatans. Their demeanor is palter. They fabricate to save their own careers and this behavior must end.

Over the past few years, Clearcreek Township has made the headlines, and not in a positive manner. Issues of a trustee selling insurance to the township employees,(a OHIO ETHICS VIOLATION), WADE purchasing property with TAXPAYERS money for a new park, while lining his friends pocket with over a million dollars of TAXPAYERS money and not completing the Patricia Allen Park, a police officer fired for following orders and the trustees paying over $90,000 for their defense to fire him, failed policies in the fire department and even closing a fire station, an assistant fire chief accused of identity theft,(A FELONY) and the trustees being charged with violating the Ohio Open Public Meeting act, which they are currently having to defend with taxpayers funds.

It is time to do some real soul searching and look past the LAMB & WADEs pseudo platform.

You have to ask yourself has WADE & LAMB lost their moral compass? Are they really looking out for your best interest?

Why is PICKETT forced to leave? Can he not protect WADE anymore?
Seems simple to me

Lebanon, OH

#30921 Mar 10, 2014
thats ok wrote:
<quoted text>
And talk about deflection. We go from discussing email lists to you talking about the coaches. Deflection? You are the master.
You might want to ask them if you really want the answer. Doug's transition seemed natural enough to me and made sense, the "everybody does it" defense is getting kind of scary if you ask me. I am beginning to smell a pattern of corruption that is running through the district.
Not A Chance

Springboro, OH

#30922 Mar 10, 2014
thats ok wrote:
<quoted text>
Not A Chance "thats ok" to try this deflection of Molly Wray's illegal behavior and poor judgment as a Springboro professional educator; as shown in the above post by "thats ok" masterfully pointing fingers at others, demanding proof on innocence when no wrong doing has occurred!

Not A Chance thats ok for Springboro school teacher Molly Wray to get away with violating our students privacy rights; and with no consequences of this illegal behavior other than putting a note in her personnel file for six months only; and then expect concerned citizens to just shut up, forget about and move on!

Not A Chance thats ok to deflect from Molly Wray's illegal behavior and poor judgment as a professional educator by trying to point fingers at others who have done nothing illegal.

Not a Chance that the truth of proof of Molly Wray's wrongdoing against our students will not continue spreading throughout this community during this next year as our school district has hired an OSBA facilitator (charging Springboro Taxpayers $1000/per month) forming focus groups to find out "where are the values of the beliefs of Springboro Taxpayers?"
thats ok

Springboro, OH

#30923 Mar 10, 2014
honestabe wrote:
All I can say is that I have known LAMB & WADE for a long time and their goal is to get as much out of the taxpayers as they can while saying things like "I am there for you." I am sorry but they BOTH are sheep is WOLFS clothing and they need to leave. Look at the facts.
In the past year, WADE & LAMB allowed the fire chief to place a 4.5 mil levy to the voters of Springboro and Clearcreek Township this with a reserve of seven million dollars in the bank. In my opinion, the trustees, administrators, and fire chief act as charlatans. Their demeanor is palter. They fabricate to save their own careers and this behavior must end.
Over the past few years, Clearcreek Township has made the headlines, and not in a positive manner. Issues of a trustee selling insurance to the township employees,(a OHIO ETHICS VIOLATION), WADE purchasing property with TAXPAYERS money for a new park, while lining his friends pocket with over a million dollars of TAXPAYERS money and not completing the Patricia Allen Park, a police officer fired for following orders and the trustees paying over $90,000 for their defense to fire him, failed policies in the fire department and even closing a fire station, an assistant fire chief accused of identity theft,(A FELONY) and the trustees being charged with violating the Ohio Open Public Meeting act, which they are currently having to defend with taxpayers funds.
It is time to do some real soul searching and look past the LAMB & WADEs pseudo platform.
You have to ask yourself has WADE & LAMB lost their moral compass? Are they really looking out for your best interest?
Why is PICKETT forced to leave? Can he not protect WADE anymore?
Dale Lamb hasn't been in office for what, at least 3 years? Maybe you need to catch up a little bit.
thats ok

Springboro, OH

#30924 Mar 10, 2014
Seems simple to me wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to ask them if you really want the answer. Doug's transition seemed natural enough to me and made sense, the "everybody does it" defense is getting kind of scary if you ask me. I am beginning to smell a pattern of corruption that is running through the district.
Asking Doug is the same as asking ES, isn't it? He seems to be their mouthpiece now since nothing has been heard from them since the election.
reality

Springboro, OH

#30925 Mar 10, 2014
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Attempting to deflect attention away from Ms. Wray by attempting to insinuate "everybody else does it".
It's also hard to imagine the Larry Budd not making any effort to cover Ms. Wray's violation of FERPA student pricacy law.

.....Whoops! Sorry!
DDN.....left-leaning organization
Springboro Community City Schools....left-leaning organization
I don't know what got into my head!
you are wrong

Dayton, OH

#30926 Mar 10, 2014
thats ok wrote:
<quoted text>
Dale Lamb hasn't been in office for what, at least 3 years? Maybe you need to catch up a little bit.
he ran for office this last time out, thank God he didn't win...and he broke a campaign promise from the last time he was in office....that promise was..."I am not running again, want to spend time working my charities"....guess his charity is himself.
Seems simple to me

Lebanon, OH

#30927 Mar 10, 2014
If anyone wishes they could always do a records request to see if ES got their emails from the school district. I doubt they did but I bet the school district would fall all over themselves to get you that link.
Good Golly

Springboro, OH

#30928 Mar 10, 2014
thats ok wrote:
<quoted text>
Asking Doug is the same as asking ES, isn't it? He seems to be their mouthpiece now since nothing has been heard from them since the election.
Good Golly Miss Molly! How could she have possibly thought "thats ok?"

Since it was only school teacher Molly Wray who is proven guilty of violating our students privacy rights, of course nothing has been heard since the election from them that did nothing wrong.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#30930 Mar 10, 2014
Loser wrote:
<quoted text>
What a liar you are Parise. Get over it, you lost....stay out of the township....did you learn nothing from the election..........YOU LOST
hey Jobe, I'm surprised you have the nerve to shoot your mouth off again after being rude and obnoxious last weekend...but then again, you are what you are...a disgrace...

Now,#1...I didn't post that...#2..you think I am the only one who doesn't like how the township is being run ? That makes you wrong again, Jobe.

Location hidden

#30931 Mar 10, 2014
Cleveland?....Jobe...notice the location of that post you accuse me of producing. You truly are one dumb and foul mouth creature.
Say It Again

Springboro, OH

#30932 Mar 11, 2014
Not A Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
Not A Chance "thats ok" to try this deflection of Molly Wray's illegal behavior and poor judgment as a Springboro professional educator; as shown in the above post by "thats ok" masterfully pointing fingers at others, demanding proof on innocence when no wrong doing has occurred!
Not A Chance thats ok for Springboro school teacher Molly Wray to get away with violating our students privacy rights; and with no consequences of this illegal behavior other than putting a note in her personnel file for six months only; and then expect concerned citizens to just shut up, forget about and move on!
Not A Chance thats ok to deflect from Molly Wray's illegal behavior and poor judgment as a professional educator by trying to point fingers at others who have done nothing illegal.
Not a Chance that the truth of proof of Molly Wray's wrongdoing against our students will not continue spreading throughout this community during this next year as our school district has hired an OSBA facilitator (charging Springboro Taxpayers $1000/per month) forming focus groups to find out "where are the values of the beliefs of Springboro Taxpayers?"
Worth Repeating -- How disappointing it is that a union classroom teachers would use the Springboro school records to violate our Springboro students privacy rights that should have been protected by Molly Wray choosing to respect and obey the authority of the law.
Where's the Boro pride in Molly Wray's example of role modeling poor citizenship as a trusted authority figure and professional educator?
Good Golly

Springboro, OH

#30933 Mar 12, 2014
Springboro Resident wrote:
Unfortunately the admin environment has not welcomed parent's concerns about the teachers. The Board was never parent-friendly. It was always a "we know better than you what is best for your child" attitude. Maybe now it will change with our new board members.
Having spoken with a parents about the bad teachers I find that they are scared to complain during the school year because of their student being singled out, embarrassed etc. by the teacher. This happens. Then - when the year is over the parents are just glad to be done and rarely will go back and say anything. It is a small network and everything gets repeated. Parents who complain get marked as "pains". Why do you think these awful teachers are still teaching?
I find that I MUST speak up about this comment. My 2 children who graduated from Springboro Schools are now both in grad school...only AFTER they left Springboro did they blossom and become leaders... Our family had a terrible time with some teachers and the High School Principle...and YES, the children are retaliated against when parents have concerns or problems with teachers...if their ever is a platform to testify and show documents against the bad teachers... sign me up! There are many like me and we vote NO! til you clean up the teaching staff!
Good Golly Miss Molly, Dejavu! "feeling of having lived through same moment before."

The above post is from this topix discussion board dated December 8, 2011.....

It's now March 2014 and the beat goes on.... using our Springboro students ID's to the self interest political gains of the SEA and now our BOE MSA elected officials.
notrepeathistory smistakes

Springboro, OH

#30934 Mar 12, 2014
This thread, 6 years ago

March 5, 2008

"Tax overload"
(page 6)

Taking buses away from high school students is simply wrong. Of course we all know the school board and Dr. Baker only do so to impose a hardship on the high school families of the district in order to bribe them to vote for the levy the next time around. Morally it is wrong for the district to say it supports education and then take the buses away. Students who are late to class should not be penalized in any way if the district does this. Maybe they can eliminate the fluff electives and instead fully fund transportation. Does this also mean high school sports will not get buses to events either? That would seem fair. If the students can't use the buses for getting to school than the sports programs should not be allowed to use them either.

Personally I think the community should have input on where cuts are made so it is done reasonably and not as a bribe. This NO to the levy was way over due anyway and I know it was supported by many parents of students in the district.

Location hidden

#30936 Mar 12, 2014
Loser wrote:
<quoted text>
What a liar you are Parise. Get over it, you lost....stay out of the township....did you learn nothing from the election..........YOU LOST
I'm a liar, Jobe ? Judge Flannery doesn't think so. Your boys were found GUILTY !

Couldn't happen to a better group....finally some justice in Clearcreek Township !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Jimbo 19,213
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr tranpsosition 31,050
This is your lucky Monday! 9 hr Fan of Leon The Man 5
Ranked on of the most influential bands ever, T... 13 hr Gene Autrey 2
Charter school complaints prompt wider probe Wed Fan of Leon The Man 2
Looking for Prentice Richardson (Aka Buddy) (Apr '12) Tue hitchiker 7
Concealed carry in Boro's schools - not a matte... (Jul '13) Tue last measure 69
•••
•••
•••

Springboro Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro