Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,282

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Spread the Great News

Springboro, OH

#29871 Dec 30, 2013
Have you read the April, 2013, inspiring article on the Educate Springboro website
"It's about the children, right?" Here's a short excerpt, very informative......

Reflecting back to January 2012, it has been a busy, fulfilling, frustrating, and exciting year. The accomplishments will not be forgotten! Wince Lombardi said, "Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing -- the result."

With the drive of our current administrative team and teachers, we have made many collaborative decisions to increase professional development training for teachers; enhance our technology platform; invested in new books; added new AP classes; hired more teachers; provided new tools for teachers; invested in new laptops for teachers; combined Dennis and Five Point Elementary; invested in safer and newer buses for students; increased investment in capital expenditures to reduce deferred maintenance; established community committee to evaluate our safety plans; branded The Springboro Panther;
created a more transparent budget and finance process; established effective board policy management; advocated for stronger HR practices; invested in teacher training on data use; awarded an "A" on the NEW state report card; advocated for transparency from all district support organizations; recovery of $439,000 from the athletic booster treasurer; and the list goes on and on. This does not even begin to touch on all the new Common Core and evaluative tools being worked on daily by the entire district.

It is not one person who can be lauded for these achievements; it took a unified vision, a determination and support of the School Board and Central Office Leadership, and Our Teachers to execute the plan. We have a strong administrative team and faculty dedicated to student achievement, and as one board member, I applaud the effort......

2013 for me is focused on curriculum and student achievement. To understand student achievement, one must understand how schools are ranked, what is the basis for those rankings, and finally, what does our raw date look like. It is more difficult to argue where our resources NEED to be allocated when the data points you in a particular direction, so long as the date is not taken out of context. That is why the raw data become so intriguing when making investment decisions for the classroom. I am committed to make sure we REMAIN fiscally responsible and do whatever it takes to protect our city, district community and taxpayers who elected me to this humbling position--because that is good for educators and education in Springboro.....(read more cool stuff written by Mr. Petroni at educatespringboro.org )
Read More Cool Stuff

Springboro, OH

#29872 Dec 30, 2013
In the direction of balance ....
... Board of Education members are elected to represent the community in the school district. The Board is elected to balance the
interests of students, parents, taxpayers, and employees. Many school boards lack balance because they are comprised of people with more allegiance to maintaining a specific establishment than to the greater cause.
In Springboro, balance has been restored. With a new administration team, the Springboro school district has adopted a mission to "accelerate student achievement and support qualified staff with a balanced budget." These are not empty words; they summarize actions. Together, we have achieved a balanced budget. We are on the right course, but it has not been easy.
With Educate Springboro, we brought changes that forced many to rethink long-held beliefs. Anytime the status quo changes, there is resistance. Panicked petitions and hysterical headlines have made things "feel" out of balance.(you can read this entire article on the website educatespringboro.org )
The More You Know

Xenia, OH

#29873 Dec 30, 2013
Spread the Great News wrote:
Have you read the April, 2013, inspiring article on the Educate Springboro website
"It's about the children, right?"
No, and from the results of the election neither has anyone else....
LOL
WE BELIEVE

Springboro, OH

#29874 Dec 30, 2013
The More You Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering the "insanely popular" Kelly Khols only got 2,500 I would consider him a very popular board member.
And if he was so "terrible" why didn't the last BOE or superintendent remove him? Where's the blame laid at their hands?
Did You Know that We The People (community taxpayers) believe that for too long, the Springboro district appeared to work very well, but it lacked clear direction? With no plan for textbooks, technology, capital improvements, busses and more, there was no larger course charted for our schools. There was no common sense.

Did You Know that Concerned Citizen and Springboro Mom (Kelly Kohls) was the first to bring to the community's attention the common sense approach of Children First Budget?
It's true that the DDN reported that a few citizens "huddled" at the township government center; and that several groups had done so before, when private citizens took interest in
getting involved in their government's business; and it was stated in the DDN that
this group of citizens would soon tire of their interest, and return to watching ball games on TV. This happened several years ago; since then Kelly Kohls has completed her 4 years of BOE elected service, two more board members have been elected in November 2011, and
our school district has now fully implemented the winning agenda of Children First Budget;
and Educate Springboro is still growing! Educate Springboro's common sense approach does not strip the district of its traditions or diversity. It does not ignore its accomplishments and honors, including "excellent with Distinction." It simply gives us a UNIFYING direction that extends beyond any individual (including Kelly Kohls AND Ron Malone) any building
(including the SHS Blue Ribbon Special) or year (including the year 2000 when Charles Anderson was board member; and now states that he wants to take the board back to OSBA membership, just like it was in the year 2000!)..... lol Anderson has got a whole lot of learning to do about how we do Education business in the 21st Century!)

Now, elections come and go; and certainly private citizens who recognize they have the expertise and skills needed for public service and run for elected office, certainly have no obligation to stay forever!(unless of course, their big egos are tied to their leadership position and they just can't let go of their insane popularity that being in the spotlight affords them, as in the case of former high school principal, Ron Malone).

Kelly Kohls was the first ever elected official who stated in public meeting that the board should listen to the needs of the community taxpayers, in addition to listening to the needs of the school staff....... and isn't that Exactly what a board member is elected to do?
Kelly has served our school district and our community with a precious "Mother's Heart"
and she has recognized that her service to our students first can be more effective in the board room, as a Springboro Parent; and that is to be greatly applauded!

As Kelly leaves our "balanced board room" her influence of common sense leadership continues in our Children First Budgeting framework and current board members, David Petroni and Jim Rigano........

but Stay Alert Voters..... Ron Malone stands in the wings just waiting his turn to throw our school district out of balance, back into chaos, as he struggles with his identity crisis as an elected official, trying to "re-instate status quo" running our Board of Education like a union shop, just like he ran our high school like a union shop (making up classes with scant demand to ensure employment for those whose skills were not in demand)!

SOS to Dumbo

Springboro, OH

#29875 Dec 30, 2013
The More You Know wrote:
<quoted text>
No, and from the results of the election neither has anyone else....
LOL
Did you know the election is over; the people came out to vote for REDUCED renewal levy;
and Educate Springboro's endorsement of Charles Anderson as the third candidate, because he was a private sector business man in the community; whose common sense
business expertise could join our current board members of common sense business expertise; thus forming a 3 member majority over our 2 retired educators who are deeply embedded in failed practices of the past -- making up false budget crisis and then withholding services from our students IF the people don't pass a school levy.
That's the old way of doing things; but voters are optimistic that Malone and Stuckey
have the ability to LEARN from our current board members, David Petroni and Jim Rigano.
If Malone and Stuckey remain reluctant, then it will be transparent to our entire community that Malone and Stuckey are not FIT to serve our school children and community; and
they will be petitioned to step down from service IF they stubbornly REFUSE to
STAND UP FOR KIDS!
Oh please

Springboro, OH

#29876 Dec 31, 2013
SOS to Dumbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know the election is over; the people came out to vote for REDUCED renewal levy;
and Educate Springboro's endorsement of Charles Anderson as the third candidate, because he was a private sector business man in the community; whose common sense
business expertise could join our current board members of common sense business expertise; thus forming a 3 member majority over our 2 retired educators who are deeply embedded in failed practices of the past -- making up false budget crisis and then withholding services from our students IF the people don't pass a school levy.
That's the old way of doing things; but voters are optimistic that Malone and Stuckey
have the ability to LEARN from our current board members, David Petroni and Jim Rigano.
If Malone and Stuckey remain reluctant, then it will be transparent to our entire community that Malone and Stuckey are not FIT to serve our school children and community; and
they will be petitioned to step down from service IF they stubbornly REFUSE to
STAND UP FOR KIDS!
I wonder how you'll spin it when Anderson rarely votes with the pizza guys? It's so cute how you make it sound like he was your candidate all along. Malone and Stuckey sought him out. The MSA side fully expects Anderson to be his own man (and wants that), but you will find that he will rarely support Petroni and Rigano because overall, Anderson does not approve of their methods and policies.(He said this publicly!) What will you say then? You claim that he will be a great board member because of his business savvy. Will you continue to say that after he consistently votes against Petroni and Rigano? Or will you make up lies about him and begin speaking out against him? Oh, I can't wait for you to see that Anderson thinks Petroni and Rigano are clowns like the rest if us do!

By the way, MSA doesn't need to learn anything from the pizza guys - it is Petroni and Rigano who will be schooled, and we can't wait!
behold

Dayton, OH

#29877 Dec 31, 2013
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how you'll spin it when Anderson rarely votes with the pizza guys? It's so cute how you make it sound like he was your candidate all along. Malone and Stuckey sought him out. The MSA side fully expects Anderson to be his own man (and wants that), but you will find that he will rarely support Petroni and Rigano because overall, Anderson does not approve of their methods and policies.(He said this publicly!) What will you say then? You claim that he will be a great board member because of his business savvy. Will you continue to say that after he consistently votes against Petroni and Rigano? Or will you make up lies about him and begin speaking out against him? Oh, I can't wait for you to see that Anderson thinks Petroni and Rigano are clowns like the rest if us do!
By the way, MSA doesn't need to learn anything from the pizza guys - it is Petroni and Rigano who will be schooled, and we can't wait!
Hey Jobe, try being civil once in your miserable life.
No Trust No Respect Due

Springboro, OH

#29878 Dec 31, 2013
No Trust No Respect Due Mr. Malone in the board room, based on his true history, which is only now becoming known community-wide.

There is No MSA platform of trust elected in the board room. What's your point to overwhelming victory? Mr. Malone only came in second place as most popular board member; with only 5000 or so votes out of a school district with about 12,000 households.
Where's the overwhelming victory in that?

The interrogation and judgment of Dr. Malone is just beginning, now that he is under the scrutiny of transparency in the board room. No more fooling the people some of the time; No more using our students running the high school like a union shop; taxpayers will settle for nothing but open communication and honesty all the time.
Dr. Malone will not be given special privileges; and Dr. Malone will not be handed a blank check at taxpayers expense, just because of recommendations from the union staff of school employees.

Most important, our current board members are held accountable to being honest with taxpayers about what is needed through 2017;
and it is most important to Taxpayers that our new board members are held accountable
and they need to get on board with our current board's new Vision of Reform, working together toward sustainability, putting students first while maintaining fiscal integrity, with
NO NEW TAXES needed for many years.

..... and that's overwhelming victory, thanks to the progress made in the last two years
by our current board and school district leaders!
Read More Cool Stuff

Springboro, OH

#29879 Dec 31, 2013
....... in the direction of TRUST!

As Springboro Families and Taxpaying Homeowners can clearly see that our current board members, David Petroni and Jim Rigano, seek to build greater confidence in our schools for EVERYONE.....
while others seek to build mistrust. From the outside, we've been labeled controversial. Why is that........?

Truth be told:
Zero-based budgets and efficiency plans are not controversial.
Updated technology and curriculum are not controversial.

Truth be told:
Buses that run and roofs that don't leak are not controversial.

Truth be told:
Putting children first is reasonable, not controversial.

Truth be told:
Where the integrity was not maintained from within (and now we know) it is our right and our duty to rebuild it together.

COME GROW WITH US.....
We will CONTINUE to work in the direction of confidence to restore integrity and trust in our schools.

We will continue to challenge the status quo where need be...
and that IS a good thing!

Fresh Ideas have allowed our district to sustain itself in an uncertain economy with NO NEW MONEY required, with Renewal Levy that saves taxpayers $6.5 million! HOORAY FOR US!

If you Believe that leveraging school fees, services, personnel decisions, safety, or infrastructure maintenance to threaten families in order to influence regular or levy elections is wrong.....

If you Believe that overtaxing the Taxpayers is wrong.......

If you agree with putting Children First..........

Please join us at http://educatespringboro.org and help spread the great news that Children First Budget Works! It's for our Children, our community and toward a better future for our schools!
Oops

Springboro, OH

#29880 Dec 31, 2013
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
by the way -- Is Mr. Anderson YOUR puppet?

Should he not at least get sworn in as new board member, before YOU start speaking for him on this topix board, saying .... after he Consistently votes AGAINST Petroni and Rigano?

What disrespect for you to say "that Anderson THINKS Petroni and Rigano are clowns like the rest of us do......?" Sounds like the Rest of You that THINK like Anderson are Ron's Kids, better known around town as Ron's schoolyard bullies?

..... you say, MSA doesn't need to LEARN anything?,,,,,,,,, aw come on now, maybe just a Lesson in Humility might help? Humility means acknowledging that we have LIMITS, that we NEED support and guidance from others........

"Humility is the only true wisdom by which we prepare our minds for all the possible changes of life." - George Arliss
Oh please

Springboro, OH

#29881 Dec 31, 2013
Oops wrote:
<quoted text>
by the way -- Is Mr. Anderson YOUR puppet?
Should he not at least get sworn in as new board member, before YOU start speaking for him on this topix board, saying .... after he Consistently votes AGAINST Petroni and Rigano?
What disrespect for you to say "that Anderson THINKS Petroni and Rigano are clowns like the rest of us do......?" Sounds like the Rest of You that THINK like Anderson are Ron's Kids, better known around town as Ron's schoolyard bullies?
..... you say, MSA doesn't need to LEARN anything?,,,,,,,,, aw come on now, maybe just a Lesson in Humility might help? Humility means acknowledging that we have LIMITS, that we NEED support and guidance from others........
"Humility is the only true wisdom by which we prepare our minds for all the possible changes of life." - George Arliss
If you're going to twist words, at least do it well. I know that I'm significantly more intelligent than you are so try to follow along.

Did I say MSA had nothing to learn? No. I said that they had nothing to learn from the pizza guys. The community doesn't want them to learn from the insane people we are trying to rid ourselves of. Yes, MSA has a lot to learn as they begin their roles on the board, just not from the likes of Petroni and Rigano.

Second, no Anderson is not my puppet. In fact, I specifically stated that we want and expect him to be his own person in office. Fortunately, that means having the common sense to NOT vote with the pizza guys the majority of the time, though I'm sure he will on occasion which is fine.

Finally, this is the second time someone has asked me if I'm Jobe. I'm STILL not: I don't even know her, though I do know she is the one who ran the MSA campaign. It doesn't matter really, but I'm not about to reveal who I am until my kids are out of the school system. You have probably never heard my name in your lives anyway, I am not vocal in the community, so I wouldn't waste your time trying to figure out who I am. I'm simply a Springboro parent who hates everything KPR stands for, and I'm excited for things to change under MSA. I care about this community and hate what KPR are trying to do to it. Fortunately they've been stopped.
Oops

Springboro, OH

#29883 Dec 31, 2013
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going to twist words, at least do it well. I know that I'm significantly more intelligent than you are so try to follow along.
Did I say MSA had nothing to learn? No. I said that they had nothing to learn from the pizza guys. The community doesn't want them to learn from the insane people we are trying to rid ourselves of. Yes, MSA has a lot to learn as they begin their roles on the board, just not from the likes of Petroni and Rigano.
Second, no Anderson is not my puppet. In fact, I specifically stated that we want and expect him to be his own person in office. Fortunately, that means having the common sense to NOT vote with the pizza guys the majority of the time, though I'm sure he will on occasion which is fine.
Finally, this is the second time someone has asked me if I'm Jobe. I'm STILL not: I don't even know her, though I do know she is the one who ran the MSA campaign. It doesn't matter really, but I'm not about to reveal who I am until my kids are out of the school system. You have probably never heard my name in your lives anyway, I am not vocal in the community, so I wouldn't waste your time trying to figure out who I am. I'm simply a Springboro parent who hates everything KPR stands for, and I'm excited for things to change under MSA. I care about this community and hate what KPR are trying to do to it. Fortunately they've been stopped.
..... oh please, there is no mention of asking if you are Jobe in the Oops comments,
and no interest in who you are; because by your own introduction, You are simply a Springboro parent who hates everything......(by the way, why is that?)

But, at least you have found common ground with the majority of the parents in this school district who agree with you that they are not about to reveal their names to their child's union teacher, nor their opposition to their child's indoctrination of unionism by our union teachers in the classroom (until our kids are out of the school district). For Sure, that's exactly what the Union masters set out to do -- Silence any opposition to their classroom indoctrination of unionism in the classroom.

Now, you say that you care about this community, and hate what KPR are trying to do.
Since you are much smarter than Oops, perhaps you can enlighten us by answering a few questions:

Oh please, WHY do you hate Renewal levy that saves taxpayers (and this community that you care about)$6.5 million over the five year life of the levy, while continuing to generate surplus?

Oh please, WHY do you hate our school district's Efficiency plans that reallocate resources from under utilized programs to the gifted and early intervention. Oh please, can you tell us WHY you hate Putting Money where it is needed the most?

Oh please, WHY do you hate our District run preschool (instead of outsourcing as previously
done) saving $132,000 each year?

Oh please, WHY do you hate Analyzing data to expose "Proficient" as failing?

Oh please, WHY do you hate Raising the bar for students and teachers?

Oh please, WHY do you hate Adding ACT/College Essentials class, balancing class sizes, and strengthening our curriculum?

Oh please, WHY do you hate Emphasizing early college credit programs through the high school, Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO), Advanced Placement, and Dual Credit courses?

Oh please, WHY do you hate Coordinated technology plan with wireless access for every building, laptops to every teacher, and more than 1100 new computers?

Oh please, WHY do you hate meeting and exceeding state mandates as well as local expectation? WHY do you hate building a technology backbone, investing in computers, curriculum, buses and buildings?

Oh please, WHY do you hate Putting Children First?

Oh please, WHY do you hate the honesty of our current board (including Dr. Kohls, Mr. Petroni, and Mr. Rigano) about what is needed through 2017?

Oh please, WHY do you hate REFORM at the local level?
The Record Speaks Truth

Springboro, OH

#29884 Dec 31, 2013
The True History of a Man….through official documents written by third party observers. It is not as golden as you have bben led to believe.
As the man who led our school district as high school principal for 13 years, Ron Malone held a special place of trust, authority, and influence in our community. How he chose to use those gifts is revealed in the public records reports of his professional peer reviewers, his superiors, and his own public pronouncements.

The recent note from Mr. Tom Isaacs of the Warren County Educational Service Center in defense of Mr. Malone is noteworthy in that it did not refute any of their prior conclusions or recommendations.
DECEMBER 2010 - Warren County Educational Service Center audit
report on SHS program of studies RECOMMENDATIONS page 13:

"Increase the number of students taking the HIGH SCHOOLS THAT WORKS recommended curriculum/Ohio Core each year by at least 25 percent.
"Increase the percentage of students taking college preparatory courses. Eliminate any course offerings below the college preparatory level."

JANUARY 2012 - Superintendent Gene Lolli's annual performance evaluation of Mr. Malone notes:

"Mr. Malone does demonstrate the ability to affect change, but sometimes very reluctantly. It sometimes takes numerous requests by Superintendent before changes are implemented."

Mr. Malone needs to improve on getting request goals to the Superintendent in a timely fashion. Examples include: Requested schedule of events for delayed start at the beginning of the year, at semester, and last week and have not yet received. Also requested times and dates of all staff meetings and quarterly updates on the High Schools That Work per 2011-2012 job targets.

JANUARY 2013 - Warren County Educational Service Center audit report on SHS program of studies page 10:
"SHS still offers GENERAL LEVEL CLASSES (Algebra 1A and 1B, physical science, US History, and World History). Thus, not all students experience a college preparatory curriculum. Documents provided to the Technical Assistance Visiting (TAV Team indicate that contrary to the High Schools That Works philosophy, SHS believes that offering LOW-LEVEL COURSES is in the best interest of students. This belief, however, WAS NOT SUBSTANTIATED by research or data."
2013 US NEWS ranking of high schools in Ohio ranks King’s #23, Mason #35, Bellbrook#37, Brookville #41, Lebanon #48, Centerville #49, Waynesville #53, Monroe #90 and , and finally Springboro #97.
Given our district’s stated 40% gifted population, the fact that only 20% are on track to take A/P classes in high school, our district is severely underperforming compared to those districts around us in my opinion.
*Number of Dual College Credit Classes available when Mr. Malone
retired - 0
*Number of Dual College Credit classes added after Mr. Malone retired
June 30, 2013 - 6
Misallocation of district and taxpayer resources: 34 out of 77 elective classes at the high school had less than 20 students, more than a few had multiple classes.
IE: Children’s Literature, 2 classes – 27 total students, Entrepreneurship, 2 classes – 20 total students, etc.
My conclusion is that Mr. Malone ran this high school like a union shop, making up classes with scant demand to ensure employment for those whose skills were not in demand. This tactic robbed resources from areas of greater need in the district. Those who suffered the most were the gifted and those in need of early intervention.
UR an extremist nutcase

Springboro, OH

#29885 Dec 31, 2013
The Record Speaks Truth wrote:
The True History of a Man….through official documents written by third party observers. It is not as golden as you have bben led to believe.
As the man who led our school district as high school principal for 13 years, Ron Malone held a special place of trust, authority, and influence in our community. How he chose to use those gifts is revealed in the public records reports of his professional peer reviewers, his superiors, and his own public pronouncements.
The recent note from Mr. Tom Isaacs of the Warren County Educational Service Center in defense of Mr. Malone is noteworthy in that it did not refute any of their prior conclusions or recommendations.
"Increase the number of students taking the HIGH SCHOOLS THAT WORKS recommended curriculum/Ohio Core each year by at least 25 percent.
"Increase the percentage of students taking college preparatory courses. Eliminate any course offerings below the college preparatory level."
JANUARY 2012 - Superintendent Gene Lolli's annual performance evaluation of Mr. Malone notes:
"Mr. Malone does demonstrate the ability to affect change, but sometimes very reluctantly. It sometimes takes numerous requests by Superintendent before changes are implemented."
Mr. Malone needs to improve on getting request goals to the Superintendent in a timely fashion. Examples include: Requested schedule of events for delayed start at the beginning of the year, at semester, and last week and have not yet received. Also requested times and dates of all staff meetings and quarterly updates on the High Schools That Work per 2011-2012 job targets.
JANUARY 2013 - Warren County Educational Service Center audit report on SHS program of studies page 10:
"SHS still offers GENERAL LEVEL CLASSES (Algebra 1A and 1B, physical science, US History, and World History). Thus, not all students experience a college preparatory curriculum. Documents provided to the Technical Assistance Visiting (TAV Team indicate that contrary to the High Schools That Works philosophy, SHS believes that offering LOW-LEVEL COURSES is in the best interest of students. This belief, however, WAS NOT SUBSTANTIATED by research or data."
2013 US NEWS ranking of high schools in Ohio ranks King’s #23, Mason #35, Bellbrook#37, Brookville #41, Lebanon #48, Centerville #49, Waynesville #53, Monroe #90 and , and finally Springboro #97.
Given our district’s stated 40% gifted population, the fact that only 20% are on track to take A/P classes in high school, our district is severely underperforming compared to those districts around us in my opinion.
retired - 0
June 30, 2013 - 6
Misallocation of district and taxpayer resources: 34 out of 77 elective classes at the high school had less than 20 students, more than a few had multiple classes.
IE: Children’s Literature, 2 classes – 27 total students, Entrepreneurship, 2 classes – 20 total students, etc.
My conclusion is that Mr. Malone ran this high school like a union shop, making up classes with scant demand to ensure employment for those whose skills were not in demand. This tactic robbed resources from areas of greater need in the district. Those who suffered the most were the gifted and those in need of early intervention.
Hey, Joseph Goebbels!
For 2014, see if you can find yourself a NEW GIG !
Just Asking

Springboro, OH

#29886 Dec 31, 2013
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
oh please, there is no mention of asking if you are Jobe in the Oops comments,
and no interest in who you are; because by your own introduction, You are simply a Springboro parent who hates everything......(by the way, why is that?)

But, at least you have found common ground with the majority of the parents in this school district who agree with you that they are not about to reveal their names to their child's union teacher, nor their opposition to their child's indoctrination of unionism by our union teachers in the classroom (until our kids are out of the school district). For Sure, that's exactly what the Union masters set out to do -- Silence any opposition to their classroom indoctrination of unionism in the classroom.

Now, you say that you care about this community, and hate what KPR are trying to do.
Since you are much smarter than Oops, perhaps you can enlighten us by answering a few questions:

Oh please, WHY do you hate Renewal levy that saves taxpayers (and this community that you care about)$6.5 million over the five year life of the levy, while continuing to generate surplus?

Oh please, WHY do you hate our school district's Efficiency plans that reallocate resources from under utilized programs to the gifted and early intervention. Oh please, can you tell us WHY you hate Putting Money where it is needed the most?

Oh please, WHY do you hate our District run preschool (instead of outsourcing as previously

Oh please, WHY do you hate Adding ACT/College Essentials class, balancing class sizes, and strengthening our curriculum?

Oh please, WHY do you hate Emphasizing early college credit programs through the high school, Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO), Advanced Placement, and Dual Credit courses?

Oh please, WHY do you hate Coordinated technology plan with wireless access for every building, laptops to every teacher, and more than 1100 new computers?

Oh please, WHY do you hate meeting and exceeding state mandates as well as local expectation? WHY do you hate building a technology backbone, investing in computers, curriculum, buses and buildings?

Oh please, WHY do you hate the honesty of our current board (including Dr. Kohls, Mr. Petroni, and Mr. Rigano) about what is needed through 2017?

Just Asking

Springboro, OH

#29887 Dec 31, 2013
Oops wrote:
<quoted text>
..... oh please, there is no mention of asking if you are Jobe in the Oops comments,
Oh please, WHY not answer the questions?
ClearcreekTWPwil lpay

Gainesville, FL

#29888 Jan 1, 2014
Well folks, Happy New Year -- and a HAPPY NEW YEAR it will be.

On January 30, 31,2014, ED WADE and his merry band of thieves will be answering to the JUDGE WHY he and his "FRIENDS" lied, violated the STATE LAW, STOLE money, and damaged other peoples reputation all in an effort to be the CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD. What an ASS is this guy.

One good sign of change is we NOW have a person who is ethical and mortal and will DRIVE WADE OUT OF TOWN in 2014. It is time for a positive change. Don't let WADE violate the law ANYMORE.

It is ALSO TIME to FIRE the ADMINISTRATORS (Pickett & Wilhelm,) FIRE the Zoning dude (Palmer) and the stupid fire chief (KIDD) He is USING all of us like WADE does.

Yes, Change is coming in early 2014 so enjoy the ride!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
UR an extremist nutcase

Springboro, OH

#29889 Jan 1, 2014
The Record Speaks Truth wrote:
retired - 0
June 30, 2013 - 6
Hey, Joseph Goebbels !!
For 2014, see if you can find yourself a NEW GIG !!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
UR ignorant illiterate

Springboro, OH

#29890 Jan 1, 2014
ClearcreekTWPwillpay wrote:
One good sign of change is we NOW have a person who is ethical and mortal and will DRIVE WADE OUT OF TOWN in 2014.
So, what you're saying is... the person we had before was IMMORTAL.
That means he can never die!
Awesome!
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Springboro, OH

#29891 Jan 1, 2014
Springboro Families, Taxpaying Homeowners, and all Citizens for Responsible Spending have much success to celebrate as we reflect on the progress that Educate Springboro has made in the past two years, maintaining fiscal integrity in our local school government, while being honest about what is needed through 2017! On November 5, 2013, voters sent a strong message of support for Children First Budget and Reduced Renewal Levy and Educate Springboro’s endorsement of community member business man, Charles Anderson, as the Number One BOE elected official, who has the greatest Professional ability to be open to advice and information from our current board members, David Petroni and Jim Rigano, whose Vision of Reform, is leading our students’ 21st century education opportunities in the direction of highest academic achievement potential; and away from status quo business as usual failed practices of the past. Welcome Aboard, Mr.Anderson!
Springboro Parents are expecting a lot in 2014 from board members Mr. Anderson, Mr. Petroni, and Mr. Rigano, as they work together toward the difficult challenge of prompting our two, reluctant-to-change, retired educators, Mr. Malone and Mr. Stuckey, to get on board with our school district’s new business/educational philosophy of Children First Budget. It’s for our children, our community and toward a better future for our schools! How can any ONE
of our FIVE board representatives NOT get on board with this winning agenda, putting Students FIRST, while maintaining fiscal integrity, AND being honest with taxpayers?

Special Thanks and Great Appreciation are due our departing board member, Kelly Kohls, whose four years of awesome service to our schools and community, as BOE elected official, has helped lead our school district to this unprecedented position of “celebration” of Increased Pay for every School Employee, and Reduced taxes for every Springboro family, with Renewal levy saving Taxpayers $6.5 million over the five year life of the levy, while continuing to generate surplus! Hooray for Us!

People in this community should stay alert for opportunities to remind Mr. Malone and Mr. Stuckey that we got a good thing going here in our Springboro schools and community, a Win-Win agreement with both the School Community of Employees and the Community of Taxpayers benefitting from our board’s Vision of Reform and applauding the progress made in the last two years by our school board and school district leaders, including Mr. Petroni and Mr. Rigano! Thank You, Mr. Petroni and Mr. Rigano! Please know of our continued support of our school district’s new philosophy of Children First Budget Reform/Levy Alternatives, as you join the new board members in facing the difficult challenges of the education business that lie ahead in 2014!

People in this community should stay alert for opportunities in the board room to remind Our retired educators, Mr. Malone and Mr. Stuckey, that no matter how many times they “vow to the SEA to put things back the way they were in the year 2000…..” you will NEVER convince Springboro taxpayers, who are moving PAST old outdated status quo, in the direction of Educate Springboro’s VISION of REFORM for our school children and community!

Taxpayers will settle for nothing less than FIVE board members who Stand Up for Our Students FIRST!….. and that is a much better way than the SEA way of pressuring Mr. Malone and Mr. Stuckey to Stand AGAINST Students First, in favor of putting emphasis on the financial gain of adult union employees first!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr NRA_RWNJ 31,534
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr WARRIOR 19,292
"We are pestered by budget sequester" 3 hr The Old Cold Warrior 1
NCR dumps Dayton for Atlanta (Jun '09) 4 hr Kenflosmooth 17
Dennis Gannon trying to cover his past! 18 hr happy camper 7
not John Agenbroad too ? (Oct '08) 21 hr SPECIAL 309
Police Chief: was justice served in Springboro ... (Dec '08) 21 hr SPECIAL 166
Springboro Dating
Find my Match

Springboro Jobs

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro