Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,553

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Why worry

Springboro, OH

#29832 Dec 27, 2013
No debate means No choice wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't stop. They seem to run by the Faux News standard that no matter how big the lie, the more you repeat it over and over and over, eventually it becomes the truth.
Their ramblings here have NO bearing on ANYTHING. The last election showed CLEARLY that those against MSA are in a minority.
It has come to pass that most people here ignore anything that starts out with ANY of the following
"In the direction of....."
" WE BELIEVE"
"Come Grow with Us"
or
"As the man who led our school district "
The only ones not ignoring these posts are the ones writing them.
This constant bloviation has been going on since before the election. It had no bearing on the majority then and continues to have no bearing on the majority now.
They are the ones who spoke out for B/V and they still have no clue how to get a message accross. The failed then, they are failing now and they will continue to fail because the people of our community have seen the truth and no longer buy in to their lies.
And we have the VOTES to prove it.
Spoken like a pro. For 4 years your side has lied. Lied to parents, Springboro citizens, and students. Now you lied to past students. When they find out how badly they were lied to they will regret their vote. The No voters did not vote because they did not disagree with this renewal levy and Kohls was not on the ballot so there was no reason for them to go to the ballot box. The community stayed home and the victims (past students) and union voted. Poor students, they have been used again. Your lies proved successful, bravo! Hey Malone, ACORN has nothing on your group. Bussed them in from under the bridges, shelters and their colleges, you have to be proud.
Malone, Stucky and Anderson represent the majority inside the district only. They do not represent any of the majority outside the district. You will see. They will preach to their harem and they will clapp their hands off. It is exactly where we were 4 years ago and guess what no levies passed. Not a new concept, The union can get people elected just can't pass a levy. Now that this community know how the union supported board member screw the kids it won't go unnoticed again.
You are referring to Educate Springboro- I love that web site, I learn a lot from them.
Stand Up For Kids

Springboro, OH

#29833 Dec 27, 2013
get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
Malone? Stuckey?..."two minority members of a five member Board"?
BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA !!!
Obviously you are thoroughly enjoying the reefer Santa dropped down your chimney.
Nothing but Coal in the Christmas stockings for Ron Malone and David Stuckey;
the only TWO retired educators, who have no place in our board room, except in
the direction of the minority of a five member board, THREE of whom are successful
business men in the private sector. Springboro Voters have not elected a "union controlled" board and the "union" will NOT control the votes of the majority of THREE elected officials whose Vote is NOT for sale to the union masters..... and that is putting our Students 21st Century Classroom Education First, with quality Teachers in every classroom, living within
our Children First Budget with No New Taxes needed for many years.....Just Priceless!
No Trust No Respect Due

Springboro, OH

#29834 Dec 27, 2013
get real wrote:
<quoted text>
Tim Issacs, aka, Tom Issacs can not now take back his words just because he does not like the fact that his report is being seen by community members, parents and students. Is he now saying hedid not tell the truth? NO he is saying that he did not mean for all of us to see te report. Too bad Tim or Tom. The truth is the truth. Malone was keeping our kids from excelling. Malone would not offer our kids any dual credit courses, 0 dual credit until this year. All oter schools in Warren County have dual credit couses even the Warren County Career Center. OMG why can he smile at them as he denies them a chance to go further. A smile takes the place of real education. Man our students have been so indoctrinated the don't even know when they aregetting screwed. Ask them why the voted for him and they tell you cuz, duhhhh. Cuz their teacher told them to vote fer him. Ask them did you know you were getting screwed out of AP, PSEO and dual credit opportunities and they say well, it does not matter cuz he smiled at me and I can't live without that smile and he knew my name. Maybe we should try to get a hold of these poor students that were made fools of and see if they survived their first year without his smiling face. Ask them how they feel now? Ask them ifthey feel guilty that he will now make decisions fr thekids in the whole district. All I can say is get your kids out of this place.
Why should we deprive OUR kids of a great education that OUR Springboro Taxpayers are already paying for? All I can say is:

WHY NOT GET MALONE OUT OF OUR BOARD ROOM? WHY SHOULD MALONE BE GIVEN OPPORTUNITY TO MISALLOCATE OUR
SCHOOL DISTRICT/TAXPAYER RESOURCES AS AN ELECTED OFFICIAL LIKE HE DID AS A PRINCIPAL RUNNING OUR HIGH SCHOOL LIKE A UNION SHOP? ALL I CAN SAY IS WHY NOT DEMAND AT EVERY PUBLIC SCHOOL BOARD MEETING THAT MR. MALONE JUST STEPS DOWN; OBVIOUSLY, HE IS JUST TOO WEAK MINDED TO
STAND UP FOR OUR KIDS FIRST!
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#29835 Dec 28, 2013
The Record Speaks Truth wrote:
As the man who led our school district as high school principal for 13 years, Ron Malone held a special place of trust, authority, and influence in our community. How he chose to use those gifts is revealed in the public records reports of his professional peer reviewers, his superiors, and his own public pronouncements.
It is not as golden as you have been led to believe.
DECEMBER 2010 - Warren County Educational Service Center audit
report on SHS program of studies RECOMMENDATIONS page 13:
"Increase the number of students taking the HIGH SCHOOLS THAT WORKS recommended curriculum/Ohio Core each year by at least 25 percent.
"Increase the percentage of students taking college preparatory courses. Eliminate any course offerings below the college preparatory level."
JANUARY 2012 - Superintendent Gene Lolli's annual performance evaluation of Mr. Malone notes:
"Mr. Malone does demonstrate the ability to affect change, but sometimes very reluctantly. It sometimes takes numerous requests by Superintendent before changes are implemented."
Mr. Malone needs to improve on getting request goals to the Superintendent in a timely fashion. Examples include: Requested schedule of events for delayed start at the beginning of the year, at semester, and last week and have not yet received. Also requested times and dates of all staff meetings and quarterly updates on the High Schools That Work per 2011-2012 job targets.
JANUARY 2013 - Warren County Educational Service Center audit report on SHS program of studies page 10:
"SHS still offers GENERAL LEVEL CLASSES (Algebra 1A and 1B, physical science, US History, and World History). Thus, not all students experience a college preparatory curriculum. Documents provided to the Technical Assistance Visiting (TAV Team indicate that contrary to the High Schools That Works philosophy, SHS believes that offering LOW-LEVEL COURSES is in the best interest of students. This belief, however, WAS NOT SUBSTANTIATED by research or data."
2013 US NEWS ranking of high schools in Ohio ranks King’s #23, Mason #35, Bellbrook#37, Brookville #41, Lebanon #48, Centerville #49, Waynesville #53, Monroe #90 and , and finally Springboro #97.
Given our district’s stated 40% gifted population, the fact that only 20% are on track to take A/P classes in high school, our district is severely underperforming compared to those districts around us in my opinion.
*Number of Dual College Credit Classes available when Mr. Malone
retired - 0
*Number of Dual College Credit classes added after Mr. Malone retired
June 30, 2013 - 6
Misallocation of district and taxpayer resources: 34 out of 77 elective classes at the high school had less than 20 students, more than a few had multiple classes.
IE: Children’s Literature, 2 classes – 27 total students, Entrepreneurship, 2 classes – 20 total students, etc.
My conclusion is that Mr. Malone ran this high school like a union shop, making up classes with scant demand to ensure employment for those whose skills were not in demand. This tactic robbed resources from areas of greater need in the district. Those who suffered the most were the gifted and those in need of early intervention.
Misinformation YET AGAIN wrote:
<quoted text>
When will your side QUIT LYING and misrepresenting information?
When will you begin answering the facts with your interpretation? USNEWS places us well behind a number of local school districts, how are they lying to us? A check of the records shows that we had classes with 10 or fewer students in them when other more needed programs went unfunded for lack of resources. Why? Classes that could help our families and children get ahead were discouraged or never pursued, ie PSEO or dual credit courses for college? How is that helping our kids? Bribing kids with no finals if they come to school each day bolsters our state attendance record and monies received, but how does that enhance a child's education? It doesn't.
No Trust No Respect Due

Springboro, OH

#29836 Dec 28, 2013
Embarrassed boosters wrote:
<quoted text>
AKM is this you? Nice job but, you sound really hateful, here maybe that is why we can't get parents to work for the boosters. So these three also made fools of the boosters when they revealed the embezzelment. You of all people should be happy they did, not mad at them for it. It is hard to admitt it was not for the kids but really, get over it now and move on. I understand your humiliation, I am also, we should have done more ourselves to stop the theft and lies. Your anger is hurting everyone as well as the student athletes you serve. NFSS and the boosters and the unions are bullies.
No Trust No Respect Due any Springboro Booster/Springboro Parent who abuses public participation privileges in our school board business meetings to harass and bully OUR BOE elected officials, even crossing the line of civility, even demanding resignation!

No Trust No Respect Due any Springboro citizen and Member of the Clergy who abuses his moral authority in the community by publicly condemning the BOE's decision to open up job applications for the available position of Sports Coach; even saying it would be a sin
NOT to give the job to Troy Holtrey; even though Troy Holtrey had the same opportunity to
apply for the job as was given to others who were interested in the job.

No Trust No Respect Due any Springboro parent who defends the Boosters violations
of their own by-laws and policies by publicly declaring in school board business meeting that the Boosters were OK with Transparency, but that the sports coaches should have the right to spend the money their way (even if it isn't the right way for our students who play sports).

No Trust No Respect Due any Springboro Citizen or School Employee who participates in the politics of personal destruction, spreading lies that BOE elected officials (who are doing what's right for our school children and community) are hurting our kids with their reform minded vision of children first budgeting, putting priority on highest academic achievement potential for all students, raising the bar for all students and teachers, while maintaining fiscal integrity. Putting priority on highest academic achievement potential and fiscal responsibility is what our school superintendent and current board members stand for.... and that's what Springboro Families and Community Taxpayers stand for. Inquiring minds are wondering exactly what does retired educator Ron Malone stand for, as an elected BOE official who
is now accountable to all Constituents, including those whom Mr. Malone has spread lies about throughout our community, falsely accusing them of trying to push him out of his job; and those whom Mr. Malone has falsely accused of sitting in HIS parking lot, watching HIS staff.
Lt Dan

Delphos, OH

#29837 Dec 29, 2013
Yet more Bravo Sierra.
Worth Repeating

Springboro, OH

#29838 Dec 29, 2013
Not alone wrote:
Hey don't foreget about her statements in th paper about how people just need to get their prorities right and think of the kids. That was code for just stop going out to eat and pay up to her and her teacher buddies.
Her statements in the DDN article was that she still sees people going out to dinner so they can pay more taxes, take = still bleed more. What a insenative ____.
Ill bet she is so embarrased about ridiculing this community for not giving more money as these poor people were losing money, having their homes foreclosed on and lost their jobs and the teachers were still having the gravy train benefits and step raises of 4%. All the while saying that the district was so broke they had to make class sizes larger ( a lie), could not afford to safely transport our students ( a lie), could not afford field trips ( a lie), had to cut back on gifted services and special (a lie), could not buy new textbooks( a lie), could not afford materials for the classroom (a lie), could no fix leaking roofs or leaking windows ( a lie). If you are not embarrased for working the levy, and making cruel statements to the newspaper, you should be.
You and Malone are a match. You both worked over this community and these poor students and their families for many years now.
You both worked or 5 levies that were not necessary. Now he and you hav said, in public, that you don't think the district should have reduced taxes but keep giving raises to the overpaid and underworked TEAHERS. So nieither of yu believe that the taxpayers, parents and students deserve a break when we have more money than expected. You, Malone, Stucky and Anderson and ED Wade nd Jason Gabbard are bed fellows. It comesdown to screw the taxpayers all you can for your buddies. After all, its for he kis or fo you safety right? OoPS I just threw up.
.....After all, it's for the kids, Or for your Safety, right?

People in this community need to question the motives for S-U-R-E of our former high school principal, Ron Malone, now that he is an elected official, under scrutiny of Transparency in the board room beginning January 2014. Finally, WE THE PEOPLE, will have OUR three minutes of face time to INTERROGATE the our good old boy, the OLD DR. MALONE!

Keep Watching! How long do you think it will take our insanely popular has been a princiPAL to bring our Students to center stage in the board room, again, in their attempts to convince
Springboro Taxpayers that our student's Education cannot THRIVE without re-instating Malone's status quo past failed practices of running our high school like a union shop;
making up low quality classes with scant demand to hire Union teachers of forced unionization contracts, paying big Union dues to the profit of the Union masters?
We are watching

Springboro, OH

#29839 Dec 29, 2013
We don't come to board meetings but watch them on TV.

I can't wait to watch the garbage they wll spew. Iwill need my pepto bismal though, I saw him on TV at a board meeting when asked why he did not do more for the students saying, "These kids need a full High School schedule", "these students love their high school experience". These were Malones excuses for screwing our studnes out of PSEO, Dual Credit and AP? WTH? OH Malone that is bunch of discusting nonsense. Have you ased these students? I have and theytld me the opposite.
Now that he is gone twice as many students are taking PSEO (college courses). Springbro High School finally has 6 Dual credit courses-0 when he was Pincipal, now twice as many studnet are in AP courses. This community was greatly benefitted by his removal/retirement. Now the nightmare begins as he is on the school board, bravo union you got your golden boy and the kids got screwed. We are back total community divide. Let's see if in 5 years you pass anything but more gas/lies. Bravo Union and SURE you just set these kids up or more of the levy failure days of extortions.
Oh please

Springboro, OH

#29840 Dec 29, 2013
get real wrote:
<quoted text>
Tim Issacs, aka, Tom Issacs can not now take back his words just because he does not like the fact that his report is being seen by community members, parents and students. Is he now saying hedid not tell the truth? NO he is saying that he did not mean for all of us to see te report. Too bad Tim or Tom. The truth is the truth. Malone was keeping our kids from excelling. Malone would not offer our kids any dual credit courses, 0 dual credit until this year. All oter schools in Warren County have dual credit couses even the Warren County Career Center. OMG why can he smile at them as he denies them a chance to go further. A smile takes the place of real education. Man our students have been so indoctrinated the don't even know when they aregetting screwed. Ask them why the voted for him and they tell you cuz, duhhhh. Cuz their teacher told them to vote fer him. Ask them did you know you were getting screwed out of AP, PSEO and dual credit opportunities and they say well, it does not matter cuz he smiled at me and I can't live without that smile and he knew my name. Maybe we should try to get a hold of these poor students that were made fools of and see if they survived their first year without his smiling face. Ask them how they feel now? Ask them ifthey feel guilty that he will now make decisions fr thekids in the whole district. All I can say is get your kids out of this place.
Why would you waste so much time on a simple typo? No, TOM Isaacs doesn't want to take back the report. He was simply stating that the point of the report was to target some areas of improvement, but your side is twisting it to imply that TOM only found negative things.

The scariest part about your side is that you believe your lies.

My daughter was not screwed out of AP or PSEO under Dr. Malone. Why would you suggest that? Because you're full of shit, that's why.

You guys are scary. I just am thankful your side is no longer in power here.
Oh please

Springboro, OH

#29841 Dec 29, 2013
Malone is not alone wrote:
Lisa
www.youtube.com/watch... Lisa Babb on Creationism
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =U0u3-2CGOMQXX Evolution vs God
You call yourslf a Christian? You essentialy said don't bring that stuff in these buildings it does not belong here. Glad this teacher thinks so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch... teacher teaching controversial topics Oh my
Kinda like this guy Dave Silverman http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Lisa you and Coleen Bowman, you know wife of the David Boman that hates consevatives are the only ones in Springboro interviewed that thin that our chidren don't need that stinking talk of faith in these buildings. You are all Fake Chistians
http://www.youtube.com/watch... Creationism report
http://www.youtube.com/watch... Oh Lisa watch this
isa is your anger for nbot getting electe interfeering with your principles? It appears so. We have seen the tape of you walking out while Dr.Kohls poke of her concern for our children. You were filled with such disrespect you could not force yourself to be a Christian there either. You go to our church and I am embrrased for our church. our face was up front leaving as she spoke. I can't look at you now in church without feeling unChristian about you. TYo need to stop betrayig your faith and our kids. I am glad you were not elected.
Why are you making this about Christianity? Thank GOD your side is no longer in power and thank GOD they are keeping religion where it belongs - OUT OF OUR SCHOOLS! Kelly Kohls dropped her mission to get it into our schools because she knew we'd sue her pseudo-Christian butt.
Oh please

Springboro, OH

#29842 Dec 29, 2013
Embarrassed boosters wrote:
<quoted text>
AKM is this you? Nice job but, you sound really hateful, here maybe that is why we can't get parents to work for the boosters. So these three also made fools of the boosters when they revealed the embezzelment. You of all people should be happy they did, not mad at them for it. It is hard to admitt it was not for the kids but really, get over it now and move on. I understand your humiliation, I am also, we should have done more ourselves to stop the theft and lies. Your anger is hurting everyone as well as the student athletes you serve. NFSS and the boosters and the unions are bullies.
My post wasn't about the boosters.(I admits to being somewhat uneducated on the booster situation). My post was about how you all cry that Kohls is bullied at board meetings. She isn't. SHE'S the bully. I've been to board meetings, and I've seen it with my own eyes. Come to think of it, she's a disgusting human being, a liar, a manipulator, and an embarrassment to Springboro...and she knows it.
Oh please

Springboro, OH

#29843 Dec 29, 2013
Why worry wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a pro. For 4 years your side has lied. Lied to parents, Springboro citizens, and students. Now you lied to past students. When they find out how badly they were lied to they will regret their vote. The No voters did not vote because they did not disagree with this renewal levy and Kohls was not on the ballot so there was no reason for them to go to the ballot box. The community stayed home and the victims (past students) and union voted. Poor students, they have been used again. Your lies proved successful, bravo! Hey Malone, ACORN has nothing on your group. Bussed them in from under the bridges, shelters and their colleges, you have to be proud.
Malone, Stucky and Anderson represent the majority inside the district only. They do not represent any of the majority outside the district. You will see. They will preach to their harem and they will clapp their hands off. It is exactly where we were 4 years ago and guess what no levies passed. Not a new concept, The union can get people elected just can't pass a levy. Now that this community know how the union supported board member screw the kids it won't go unnoticed again.
You are referring to Educate Springboro- I love that web site, I learn a lot from them.
You are so misguided, you poor little thing. Do you talk to people? Do you know how many people regretted their votes for KPR? There are so many people who specifically went out to vote AGAINST your agenda. Your side is so egotistical that you refuse I see the truth. I feel sorry for you, but I'll enjoy seeing your side go down in flames
CELEBRATE OUR SUCCESS

Springboro, OH

#29844 Dec 29, 2013
The Record Speaks Truth.....

Number of Dual College Credit Classes AVAILABLE when
Mr. Malone retired equals -0-

Number of Dual College Credit Classes ADDED AFTER
Mr. Malone retired June 30, 2013 equals -6-

Don't forget to send a Thank You e-mail to SHS principal,
Ms. Daniel, and/or offer a word of appreciation next time you
see her at school or at board meetings!
Oh please

Springboro, OH

#29845 Dec 29, 2013
Stand Up For Kids wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing but Coal in the Christmas stockings for Ron Malone and David Stuckey;
the only TWO retired educators, who have no place in our board room, except in
the direction of the minority of a five member board, THREE of whom are successful
business men in the private sector. Springboro Voters have not elected a "union controlled" board and the "union" will NOT control the votes of the majority of THREE elected officials whose Vote is NOT for sale to the union masters..... and that is putting our Students 21st Century Classroom Education First, with quality Teachers in every classroom, living within
our Children First Budget with No New Taxes needed for many years.....Just Priceless!
It's cute how your side acts like you hand picked Anderson. He's not a fan of your agenda
It Happens

Springboro, OH

#29846 Dec 29, 2013
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you waste so much time on a simple typo? No, TOM Isaacs doesn't want to take back the report. He was simply stating that the point of the report was to target some areas of improvement, but your side is twisting it to imply that TOM only found negative things.
The scariest part about your side is that you believe your lies.
My daughter was not screwed out of AP or PSEO under Dr. Malone. Why would you suggest that? Because you're full of shit, that's why.
You guys are scary. I just am thankful your side is no longer in power here.
OOPS! She's Back for S-U-R-E! Looks like Potty Mouthed Mom (Or one of her collective minded followers) forgot to "cleanse thyself" before typing! Shame on You! Can we expect an apology for your brain-drain "misallocation" of your good gift of Vocabulary?
Liar Liar Pants on Fire

Springboro, OH

#29847 Dec 29, 2013
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
My post wasn't about the boosters.(I admits to being somewhat uneducated on the booster situation). My post was about how you all cry that Kohls is bullied at board meetings. She isn't. SHE'S the bully. I've been to board meetings, and I've seen it with my own eyes. Come to think of it, she's a disgusting human being, a liar, a manipulator, and an embarrassment to Springboro...and she knows it.
Oh puh - leaz-z-z-z-e--------- YOU are the liar (but so laughable, just like Mr. Ron!)

Obviously, you see Kohls, NOT as she IS, but as YOU are ---- in your own words,
a disgusting human being, a liar, a manipulator, and an embarrassment to Springboro.....
and YOU know it! How sad that YOU are the only one that doesn't see yourself as an embarrassment to Springboro!

Why not face your own character weaknesses, instead of projecting them on Kohls,
of whom you are obviously extremely envious and jealous?
Oh please

Springboro, OH

#29848 Dec 29, 2013
It Happens wrote:
<quoted text>
OOPS! She's Back for S-U-R-E! Looks like Potty Mouthed Mom (Or one of her collective minded followers) forgot to "cleanse thyself" before typing! Shame on You! Can we expect an apology for your brain-drain "misallocation" of your good gift of Vocabulary?
An apology? No. Repetition? S-U-R-E! YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT. And the community knows it. WE BELIEVE it's time to move forward.... WITHOUT YOU.
Oh please

Springboro, OH

#29849 Dec 29, 2013
Liar Liar Pants on Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh puh - leaz-z-z-z-e--------- YOU are the liar (but so laughable, just like Mr. Ron!)
Obviously, you see Kohls, NOT as she IS, but as YOU are ---- in your own words,
a disgusting human being, a liar, a manipulator, and an embarrassment to Springboro.....
and YOU know it! How sad that YOU are the only one that doesn't see yourself as an embarrassment to Springboro!
Why not face your own character weaknesses, instead of projecting them on Kohls,
of whom you are obviously extremely envious and jealous?
There is nothing in Kohls of which to be jealous. She can barely form a coherent sentence and her Tea Party agenda is a joke. Maybe her fashion sense and hairstyle? Um, no. It's not jealousy speaking. It is me being SICK AND TIRED of her lies.
Spread the Great News

Springboro, OH

#29850 Dec 29, 2013
Why worry wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a pro. For 4 years your side has lied. Lied to parents, Springboro citizens, and students. Now you lied to past students. When they find out how badly they were lied to they will regret their vote. The No voters did not vote because they did not disagree with this renewal levy and Kohls was not on the ballot so there was no reason for them to go to the ballot box. The community stayed home and the victims (past students) and union voted. Poor students, they have been used again. Your lies proved successful, bravo! Hey Malone, ACORN has nothing on your group. Bussed them in from under the bridges, shelters and their colleges, you have to be proud.
Malone, Stucky and Anderson represent the majority inside the district only. They do not represent any of the majority outside the district. You will see. They will preach to their harem and they will clapp their hands off. It is exactly where we were 4 years ago and guess what no levies passed. Not a new concept, The union can get people elected just can't pass a levy. Now that this community know how the union supported board member screw the kids it won't go unnoticed again.
You are referring to Educate Springboro- I love that web site, I learn a lot from them.
Have you read the April, 2013, inspiring article on the Educate Springboro website
"It's about the children, right?" Here's a short excerpt, very informative......

Reflecting back to January 2012, it has been a busy, fulfilling, frustrating, and exciting year. The accomplishments will not be forgotten! Wince Lombardi said, "Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing -- the result."

With the drive of our current administrative team and teachers, we have made many collaborative decisions to increase professional development training for teachers; enhance our technology platform; invested in new books; added new AP classes; hired more teachers; provided new tools for teachers; invested in new laptops for teachers; combined Dennis and Five Point Elementary; invested in safer and newer buses for students; increased investment in capital expenditures to reduce deferred maintenance; established community committee to evaluate our safety plans; branded The Springboro Panther;
created a more transparent budget and finance process; established effective board policy management; advocated for stronger HR practices; invested in teacher training on data use; awarded an "A" on the NEW state report card; advocated for transparency from all district support organizations; recovery of $439,000 from the athletic booster treasurer; and the list goes on and on. This does not even begin to touch on all the new Common Core and evaluative tools being worked on daily by the entire district.

It is not one person who can be lauded for these achievements; it took a unified vision, a determination and support of the School Board and Central Office Leadership, and Our Teachers to execute the plan. We have a strong administrative team and faculty dedicated to student achievement, and as one board member, I applaud the effort......

2013 for me is focused on curriculum and student achievement. To understand student achievement, one must understand how schools are ranked, what is the basis for those rankings, and finally, what does our raw date look like. It is more difficult to argue where our resources NEED to be allocated when the data points you in a particular direction, so long as the date is not taken out of context. That is why the raw data become so intriguing when making investment decisions for the classroom. I am committed to make sure we REMAIN fiscally responsible and do whatever it takes to protect our city, district community and taxpayers who elected me to this humbling position--because that is good for educators and education in Springboro.....(read more cool stuff written by Mr. Petroni at educatespringboro.org )
Come Grow With Us

Springboro, OH

#29851 Dec 29, 2013
Welcome Aboard Mr. Anderson, Mr. Stuckey, and Mr. Malone,

Two years ago, November 2011, Springboro Families and Taxpaying Homeowners elected Two good men, David Petroni and Jim Rigano, to serve as Board Representatives, in good faith that they would get to work for the people, doing what's right for our school children and community, investing our school tax dollars in a reform minded Vision for our 21st century classroom education, with Quality teachers in every classroom! And it is absolutely amazingly awesome what accomplishments have been made in less than two year working within our Children First Budget framework! Special Thanks are due all
our current board members, including David Petroni and Jim Rigano!
Let's stay on this new course and move in the direction of leadership for our children, schools and community!

Today, we ask that each of you get on board with our current board's reform minded Vision of Children First Budget; reflect on the progress made in the past two years, and join us in Celebrating Our Success,
including:

Renewal levy that saves taxpayers $6.5 million;

Reduced school fees, lower pay to participate fees, as well as restored busing, and building maintenance;

Money and resources to the gifted and early intervention programs;

Raising the bar for students and teachers;

Adding ACT/College Essentials class, emphasizing early college credit programs through the high school, Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO), Advanced Placement, and Dual Credit courses.

Balancing class sizes, and strengthening our curriculum.

Technology plan with 1,100 new computers, wireless access for every building, and laptops to every teacher.

..... and we have only just begun, as we all turn our attention on
working together to meet the challenges that lie ahead for our schools and community in 2014! We don't need more money; we need more
accountability!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Photos 1 hr Net Nut 1
Jerkwad Jabbar-shooting details emerge: 3 hr Dennis E Gannon 6
Police: Teen shot dead by shopper wanted shoes 7 hr Net Nut 4
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Sheboon 19,565
Merry Knobby Christmas 8 hr The Duke of Hazard 2
Despite this Hannity Insanity: 8 hr The Duke of Hazard 8
Dayton's historic connect to 'The Imitation Game' 8 hr SHAPE TAPE APE 1
Springboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 am PST

NFL10:45AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
ESPN10:56 AM
Pettine: Manziel will get chance to compete
NBC Sports11:18 AM
Rookie Shaw excited about chance to start for Browns - NBC Sports
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports 1:46 PM
Mike Pettine: Our first-round picks aren't busts