Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,326

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Drunk Bus Drivers

Cincinnati, OH

#29748 Dec 18, 2013
Worry about your DUI bus operators weaving all over the damn place!

Thank you!
Why Worry

Springboro, OH

#29749 Dec 18, 2013
Drunk Bus Drivers wrote:
Thank you!
Why Worry? Why Not Just FIRE the DUI bus driver, TODAY????

Oh yeah! Can't do that because the DUI bus driver is under the
Employment Protection Plan of the old outdated Collective Bargaining
Rights ... to the detriment of all students attending public schools!
get a clue

Springboro, OH

#29750 Dec 19, 2013
Show Me the Money wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You for Your Reply.
Are you telling me the Springboro Boosters got away with their own bad financial management and embezzlement of the Students pay to play fees; AND they are continuing to do so?
You claim that I posted that the Springboro Boosters are CONTINUING to embezzle? Get a clue! I absolutely did not! Please go back and read my post again.
What I posted was the dollar figure repaid to this community by Harves is in no way representative of the actual dollar figure that had been stolen. I have not posted a word in regard to the post-scandal legitimacy status of the Springboro Boosters.
soda jerk

Dayton, OH

#29752 Dec 19, 2013
Drunk Bus Drivers wrote:
Thank you!
you mean Jobe ?
No debate means No choice

Xenia, OH

#29753 Dec 19, 2013
Why Worry wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Worry? Why Not Just FIRE the DUI bus driver, TODAY????
Oh yeah! Can't do that because the DUI bus driver is under the
Employment Protection Plan of the old outdated Collective Bargaining
Rights ... to the detriment of all students attending public schools!
Actually, nothing to do with the protection plan at all. It's called THE LAW.

There is such a thing in this country as innocent until proven guilty. The driver is suspended until the court date.

Let the driver have their day in court, then the administration will take action.
You Get A Clue

Springboro, OH

#29754 Dec 19, 2013
get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim that I posted that the Springboro Boosters are CONTINUING to embezzle? Get a clue! I absolutely did not! Please go back and read my post again.
What I posted was the dollar figure repaid to this community by Harves is in no way representative of the actual dollar figure that had been stolen. I have not posted a word in regard to the post-scandal legitimacy status of the Springboro Boosters.
Got back and read the question to your post again. As anyone can see,
there was no such claim made. There was only a question asked.
Why so defensive? Just stating the truth is sufficient.
Where Is The Outrage

Springboro, OH

#29755 Dec 19, 2013
No debate means No choice wrote:
<quoted text>
There is such a thing in this country as innocent until proven guilty. The driver is suspended until the court date.
Let the driver have their day in court, then the administration will take action.
Get Real! There is also such a thing in the private sector workplace known as
Common Sense, which seems to be an unknown factor in the protection plan of
job security for school union employees. In the real world where I live and work,
when a co-worker came to work drunk, he was told to pick up his coffee cup and
leave and that his final pay check would be mailed.
According to the news, The police stopped the bus because the driver was not in control. The police arrested the bus driver on a DUI charge. From my point of view, as a parent,
the bus driver is guilty of endangering the lives of precious children; judgment is already
rendered in the court of common sense; and the only action that should follow is
firing the driver so that this drive is never given a second change to put our children's
in harm's way, because of a stupid, uncaring decision to drink and then drive a
school bus.
Of course, there will be a trial of "innocent until PROVEN guilty" by the legal system.
Then no doubt the union member will get "lawyered up" at taxpayers expense and then
the legalities of "unionized collective bargaining" will begin as to just how much it will cost to keep this driver from getting a second chance to endanger our children's lives. My guess,
it will be resolved with the driver getting a smack on one hand, and handed the keys to
the bus in the other hand. What say ye, on behalf of "tolerance" of drunk school bus drivers being innocent until proven guilty, then turned over to the administration to state the
union negotiating process with this school bus drive with 20 years work experience?
Will it be accepting a resignation; or a early retirement buy-out plan?

Xenia, OH

#29756 Dec 19, 2013
Where Is The Outrage wrote:
<quoted text>
job security for school union employees. In the real world where I live and work,
It must be sad to go through life with such pent-up anger. Wonder when and where you will pop...
Wanna-be Americans

Xenia, OH

#29757 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Wow, 2 find the legal process in the country "nuts"! Maybe they should go back to communist China!

Xenia, OH

#29758 Dec 19, 2013
Drunk Bus Drivers wrote:
Thank you!
We don't have to worry about it because police stopped them and took them off the road. Hope the same can be said in your city.
get a clue

Springboro, OH

#29759 Dec 19, 2013
You Get A Clue wrote:
<quoted text>
Got back and read the question to your post again. As anyone can see,
there was no such claim made. There was only a question asked.
Why so defensive? Just stating the truth is sufficient.
You're so fu###ng messed up inside your head that you can't remember earlier lies you posted here!

Please reference post # 29747

"Are you telling me the Program that I need to get with, Simply Put, is that the
Springboro Boosters got away with their own bad financial management and embezzlement
of the Students pay to play fees; AND they are continuing to do so, and that Taxpayers are now supposed to "move on" to the next round of Boosters Badgering Taxpayers...?"

P.S....Don't even try to tell me you're not "Show Me The Money"!
tea party hypocrites

Springboro, OH

#29760 Dec 19, 2013
Where Is The Outrage wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the news, The police stopped the bus because the driver was not in control. The police arrested the bus driver on a DUI charge. From my point of view, as a parent,
the bus driver is guilty of endangering the lives of precious children; judgment is already
rendered in the court of common sense; and the only action that should follow is
firing the driver so that this drive is never given a second change to put our children's
in harm's way, because of a stupid, uncaring decision to drink and then drive a
school bus.
Of course, there will be a trial of "innocent until PROVEN guilty" by the legal system.
Then no doubt the union member will get "lawyered up" at taxpayers expense and then
the legalities of "unionized collective bargaining" will begin as to just how much it will cost to keep this driver from getting a second chance to endanger our children's lives. My guess,
it will be resolved with the driver getting a smack on one hand, and handed the keys to
the bus in the other hand. What say ye, on behalf of "tolerance" of drunk school bus drivers being innocent until proven guilty, then turned over to the administration to state the
union negotiating process with this school bus drive with 20 years work experience?
Will it be accepting a resignation; or a early retirement buy-out plan?
I hereby declare you GUILTY of consistently being an intolerant a##hole.
No trial is necessary.
No jury is necessary.
There! Did you enjoy that?!?.
Can I interest you in a one way ticket to Beijing?
Just Asking

Springboro, OH

#29761 Dec 19, 2013
get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get with the program. The $400,000 in question wasn't "spent" by the Boosters on this district's various athletic programs. The $400,000 in question disappeared into the back pockets of Harves, and probably as well into back pockets of other former Booster representatives who didn't got caught.
$400,000 is a figure that was arrived at and agreed upon by a consortium of parties that came together to help straighten things out after this damage to the community had become obvious. This pre-determined figure of $400,000 was agreed to by the court. Because the (former) Springboro Boosters had such awful problems consistently tracking their own records and keeping accurate figures, no one will ever know the actual dollar figure.
So, What Is the Program?

So, the Springboro Boosters had such awful problems consistently tracking their own
records.....

So, which one of the Springboro Boosters was responsible for tracking their own records
and keeping accurate figures, during the 2012-2013?

So, which one of the Springboro Boosters is currently responsible for tracking their own
records and keeping accurate figures?
Stay Cool

Springboro, OH

#29762 Dec 19, 2013
get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so fu###ng messed up inside your head that you can't remember earlier lies you posted here!
Please reference post # 29747
"Are you telling me the Program that I need to get with, Simply Put, is that the
Springboro Boosters got away with their own bad financial management and embezzlement
of the Students pay to play fees; AND they are continuing to do so, and that Taxpayers are now supposed to "move on" to the next round of Boosters Badgering Taxpayers...?"
P.S....Don't even try to tell me you're not "Show Me The Money"!
Looks like "get a clue" just "blew a fuse." Wonder why?

oh, by the way, did the Boosters officer actually "get away with it all?" With bad financial
management (that none of his fellow officers every bothered to question or look into
all those years--just going along to get along?) and then, finally, having his day in court, then being found guilty of embezzlement, do you know if the Boosters officer ever paid back the money, or if the Boosters officer ever went to jail?
Stay Cool

Springboro, OH

#29763 Dec 19, 2013
tea party hypocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
I hereby declare you GUILTY of consistently being an intolerant a##hole.
No trial is necessary.
No jury is necessary.
There! Did you enjoy that?!?.
Can I interest you in a one way ticket to Beijing?
Why not cool down and try keeping up with "current events?"

Why not interest the drunk school bus driver in a one way ticket.... out of Springboro?

You know, why not do it "for the kids?" YOU do love OUR kids, don't you?
Got Brain Drain

Springboro, OH

#29764 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text>
It must be sad to go through life with such pent-up anger. Wonder when and where you will pop...
"No debate means No choice EQUALS Brain Drain.

Must be sad to go through life with such ill-gotten Brain Drain. Much too late
for "early" intervention.
Springboro Taxpayers

Springboro, OH

#29765 Dec 20, 2013
get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get with the program. The $400,000 in question wasn't "spent" by the Boosters on this district's various athletic programs. The $400,000 in question disappeared into the back pockets of Harves, and probably as well into back pockets of other former Booster representatives who didn't got caught.
$400,000 is a figure that was arrived at and agreed upon by a consortium of parties that came together to help straighten things out after this damage to the community had become obvious. This pre-determined figure of $400,000 was agreed to by the court. Because the (former) Springboro Boosters had such awful problems consistently tracking their own records and keeping accurate figures, no one will ever know the actual dollar figure.
WE BELIEVE.... The Springboro Boosters "need to get with the program" of respecting
the authority of their own Constitution and By Laws.

WE BELIEVE....When we all work together, each performing our own role, working in a unified direction, our athletic programs will flourish.

According to the Springboro Athletic Boosters Association Constitution and By-Laws, "the purpose of this club shall be:

1. To encourage school activities which provide training in sportsmanship, clean thinking, and the spirit of friendly competition.
2. To bring a closer relationship and understanding between the School and the Community.
3. To assist in school athletic activities without attempting to direct the technical functions of policies of the School Administration, its teachers, or its coaches.
4. To be the SOLE SOURCE of Voluntary Financial Support for the Springboro Junior High and High Schools' recognized athletic activities.
5. To recognize the value of ALL extracurricular sports activities which train the student for a worthwhile maturity.
6. To actively seek sportsmanship on the part of spectators as well as players.
7. To promote athletic activities at all levels of this school system.

These are worth goals for our Booster organization, and hopefully, all that our Springboro Athletic Boosters Association does is to further this purpose.

Transparency, accountability, and ethical conduct are critical in everything the school district does, including our athletic programs and the closely associated booster organization.
When parents volunteer thousands of hours and raise hundreds of thousands of dollars, they need to have confidence that their effort and the money they raise will be directed to its intended purpose.

When we all work together, each performing our own role working in a unified direction,
our athletic programs will flourish.
According to the Springboro Athletic Boosters Association Constitution
get a clue

Springboro, OH

#29766 Dec 20, 2013
Just Asking wrote:
<quoted text>

So, which one of the Springboro Boosters was responsible for tracking their own records
and keeping accurate figures, during the 2012-2013?
So, which one of the Springboro Boosters is currently responsible for tracking their own
records and keeping accurate figures?
You'd know these kinds of things if you'd get out from under that rock you live under.
Springboro Taxpayers

Springboro, OH

#29767 Dec 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Actually, it is against the LAW to Drink and Drive. So, it is already proven, even BEFORE
the Police saw the erratic swerving of the school bus, that the school employee was
GUILTY of breaking the law. Inquiring minds can only shudder at the thought of what
"could have been" had not the Police been at the "right place at the right time."
Inquiring minds can only wonder IF this is the first time this school employee has broken the
law by ignoring Administrative Policy (zero tolerance for drug abuse). In the TV News, Mr. Pennell said that screening for drug and alcohol use is school policy, therefore, this
school employee was well aware of school policy against the use of drugs and alcohol, but chose NOT to respect the authority of administrative policy and state law. Inquiring minds can only ask why this school employee obviously had NO FEAR of getting fired IF school administrative policy AND State Laws were broken; and how can a school employee who
uses such poor judgement, putting the lives of everyone on the highway at risk, be
trusted by the Springboro Taxpayers in the future, after the "day in court" and the
handling of the school administrative's "due process according to the school employee's
Union collective bargaining rights?"
get a clue

Springboro, OH

#29768 Dec 20, 2013
Springboro Taxpayers wrote:
<quoted text>
WE BELIEVE.... The Springboro Boosters "need to get with the program" of respecting
the authority of their own Constitution and By Laws.
WE BELIEVE....When we all work together, each performing our own role, working in a unified direction, our athletic programs will flourish.
According to the Springboro Athletic Boosters Association Constitution and By-Laws, "the purpose of this club shall be:
1. To encourage school activities which provide training in sportsmanship, clean thinking, and the spirit of friendly competition.
2. To bring a closer relationship and understanding between the School and the Community.
3. To assist in school athletic activities without attempting to direct the technical functions of policies of the School Administration, its teachers, or its coaches.
4. To be the SOLE SOURCE of Voluntary Financial Support for the Springboro Junior High and High Schools' recognized athletic activities.
5. To recognize the value of ALL extracurricular sports activities which train the student for a worthwhile maturity.
6. To actively seek sportsmanship on the part of spectators as well as players.
7. To promote athletic activities at all levels of this school system.
These are worth goals for our Booster organization, and hopefully, all that our Springboro Athletic Boosters Association does is to further this purpose.
Transparency, accountability, and ethical conduct are critical in everything the school district does, including our athletic programs and the closely associated booster organization.
When parents volunteer thousands of hours and raise hundreds of thousands of dollars, they need to have confidence that their effort and the money they raise will be directed to its intended purpose.
When we all work together, each performing our own role working in a unified direction,
our athletic programs will flourish.
According to the Springboro Athletic Boosters Association Constitution
Wonderful! Perhaps now, you could put this newfound education about Springboro Boosters to a productive use by becoming one of their active supporters?

Oh crap! I almost forgot! Your life's mission is to be an "againster".
Oops! How could I have had such a awful brain fart?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steven Hartman (Sep '13) 1 hr Miser Bros Christmas 7
Nina Turner 2 hr Literature Lover 2
I've got to call this one in! 2 hr Literature Lover 4
Leon Harrison on E-Wood Indepent front page! 2 hr Literature Lover 3
Ambulance, fire levy sparks debate in Ohio (Feb '13) 10 hr TEA 2,044
Emotional Blackmail in Springboro (May '13) Thu truth to power 36
Concealed carry in Boro's schools - not a matte... (Jul '13) Oct 28 soph 78

Freeze Watch for Warren County was issued at October 31 at 10:27PM EDT

Springboro Dating
Find my Match