Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,413

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Common Sense Voters

Springboro, OH

#29500 Nov 26, 2013
Anonymity is bliss wrote:
<quoted text>
In the context of this topix forum, anonymity guarantees freedom of expession without danger of negative repercussions toward the poster or members of his/her family. If you in fact have had two children go through K-12 in Springboro's schools, then your family survived through the David Baker era.
Congratulations to you!
Truth be told, when it comes to district politics, things haven't changed all that much since Baker left, because Scott Maney's SEA continuously works to distort and manipulate the minds of district parents and their children in precisely the same manner as Baker.
BTW...If you'd like to know why it's not such a good idea to reveal your actual identity here on topix, I suggest you contact Tiff Carlisle.
Common Sense Voters agree that "things haven't changed all that much, inside the narrow tunnel vision of those running the union shop in our schools"... since Baker left....." and as long as forced unionism rules politics in Ohio, then Scott Maney's SEA continuous works to distort and manipulate the minds of district parents and their children will rule in Springboro, to the great detriment of our students first best interest.

The only thing that can stop the union teacher from indoctrinating our children's minds is the early intervention of the parents of those children.
Enlightenment moves slowly through the minds of parents, who find greater comfort in security that their child's teacher can do it all, and all they have to do is ensure increased wages and benefits for that teachers, and all will be well for their child's future.

But thanks to Educate Springboro, "things have changed throughout
the community,outside the doors of our excellent with distinction schools, and our school district's new reform minded philosophy of running our Education Business, putting students first while maintaining fiscal integrity, is affecting CHANGE in the attitude
of voters who believe over taxation of the taxpayers is wrong.

We believe in supporting the amount of necessary taxation required to do the job correctly.

We believe that excess tax money in any government body tends to inspire creative ways to spend that money.

We believe transparency, from budgeting to policy formulation to meetings, leads to good governance in all levels of government.

We believe in order to deliver the highest level of education we must raise the bar well past the state minimums and strive to challenge our children, parents and staff to reach higher. We can and must do better, our children's future depends on our actions today.

We believe in supporting the progress made in the past two years
and we are optimistic that our new board members believe in putting our students. It doesn't take more money, it takes accountability, and wanting the highest academic achievement and fiscal responsibility. That's where our current board members and our school district leaders stand... and that's what Springboro
voters will DEMAND of in service to our schools and community,
when Mr. Anderson, Mr. Malone, and Mr. Stuckey join with board members Mr. Petroni and Mr. Rigano, doing what's right for ALL
our school children and our community as a whole.

Children's First Budget Works! It's for our children, our community, and toward a better future for our schools!
Common Sense Voters

Springboro, OH

#29501 Nov 26, 2013
Common Sense Voters agree that "things haven't changed all that much, inside the narrow tunnel vision of those running the union shop in our schools"... since Baker left....." and as long as forced unionism rules politics in Ohio, then Scott Maney's SEA continuous works to distort and manipulate the minds of district parents and their children will rule in Springboro, to the great detriment of our students first best interest.

The only thing that can stop the union teacher from indoctrinating our children's minds is the early intervention of the parents of those children.
Enlightenment moves slowly through the minds of parents, who find greater comfort in security that their child's teacher can do it all, and all they have to do is ensure increased wages and benefits for that teachers, and all will be well for their child's future.

But thanks to Educate Springboro, "things have changed throughout
the community,outside the doors of our excellent with distinction schools, and our school district's new reform minded philosophy of running our Education Business, putting students first while maintaining fiscal integrity, is affecting CHANGE in the attitude
of voters who believe over taxation of the taxpayers is wrong.

We believe in supporting the amount of necessary taxation required to do the job correctly.

We believe that excess tax money in any government body tends to inspire creative ways to spend that money.

We believe transparency, from budgeting to policy formulation to meetings, leads to good governance in all levels of government.

We believe in order to deliver the highest level of education we must raise the bar well past the state minimums and strive to challenge our children, parents and staff to reach higher. We can and must do better, our children's future depends on our actions today.

We believe in supporting the progress made in the past two years and we are optimistic that our new board members believe in putting our students first. It doesn't take more money, it takes accountability, and wanting the highest academic achievement and fiscal responsibility. That's where our current board members and our school district leaders stand... and that's what Springboro voters will DEMAND of in service to our schools and community,
when Mr. Anderson, Mr. Malone, and Mr. Stuckey join with board members Mr. Petroni and Mr. Rigano, doing what's right for ALL
our school children and our community as a whole.

Children's First Budget Works! It's for our children, our community, and toward a better future for our schools!
Anonymity is bliss

Springboro, OH

#29502 Nov 26, 2013
Jeff Webb wrote:
Thanks "anonymity is bliss"Can you give me a little more detail around your comment...
"""because Scott Maney's SEA continuously works to distort and manipulate the minds of district parents and their children in precisely the same manner as Baker."""
So I can understand this better?
English verbiage is not capable of adequately describing the level nor types of manipulation the SEA regularly unleashes within Springboro schools. I recommend that you begin attending school board meetings. You'll see (and feel) exactly what I'm posting about. That is... you will, if you haven't already swallowed a glass of Maney's kool-ade.
Glass Houses

Springboro, OH

#29503 Nov 26, 2013
<quoted text>
English verbiage is not capable of adequately describing the level nor types of manipulation the SEA regularly unleashes within Springboro schools. I recommend that you begin attending school board meetings. You'll see (and feel) exactly what I'm posting about. That is... you will, if you haven't already swallowed a glass of Maney's kool-ade.
Jeff, this is a perfect example of the typical response you will get from staunch supporters of the current board (and the current board themselves). They make pretty strong accusations but are unable to support them. That is where they lose credibility with me. While I agree that perhaps you may want to start attending school board meetings, I disagree that you will see the behavior implied in her response. I haven't seen anything negative from the SEA or its president, and I've paid A LOT of attention. Honestly, the teachers of Springboro seem to be really good people.

Regarding your challenge to remove anonymity from these posts, I do agree. However, I choose to remain anonymous because with Kohls et. al. being on here I do fear repercussions for my children who are in the district. Sad but true.
River Styx

Miamisburg, OH

#29504 Nov 26, 2013
sdfawewe

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#29505 Nov 26, 2013
trying to figure out what the purpose of this forum is and what people here are trying to achieve can anyone explain
Amok

Springboro, OH

#29506 Nov 26, 2013
River Styx wrote:
trying to figure out what the purpose of this forum is and what people here are trying to achieve can anyone explain
Tea PARTIERS running amok!
Anonymity is bliss

Springboro, OH

#29507 Nov 26, 2013
Glass Houses wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding your challenge to remove anonymity from these posts, I do agree. However, I choose to remain anonymous because with Kohls et. al. being on here I do fear repercussions for my children who are in the district. Sad but true.
Please reference page 1 of this thread, which dates back to February 2008. Notice how few posters elected to use their actual identity. During Feb 2008, was Kelly Kohls a member of Springboro school board? No!
Please, GH, try very hard not to be a hypocrite!

In February 2008, district parents would not dare post their actual names for fear that their children might be singled out in the classroom. Lots of names have changed around the district, but the politic haven't. You're absolutely correct in that such repercussions are still very possible today. However, to be fair, repercussions against students has nothing to do with anyone sitting on any given Springboro school board. Repercussions against students have everything to do with retaliatory measures by perhaps a couple of dozen or so generally p!&&ed off, burned out, overly-entitled, and/or mega-egotistical district TEACHERS.
TOPICS AT HAND

Springboro, OH

#29508 Nov 26, 2013
...in the direction of common sense

For too long, the Springboro district appeared to work very well, but it lacked clear direction. With no plan for textbooks, technology, capital improvements, buses and more, there was no larger
course charted for our schools. There was no common sense.

Educate Springboro's common sense approach does not strip the district of its traditions or diversity. It does not ignore it accomplishments and honors, including "Excellent with Distinction." It simply gives us a UNIFYING
direction that extends beyond any individual,
building, or year.

A year ago, our district faced a sort of "perfect
storm" with needs for everything from buses and books to technology and staffing coming to the surface at the same time.

Through good management and some good fortune, our once rudderless ship emerged from that storm with clear leadership and direction. Clearly, there
are still challenges, but we are moving in the direction of putting Children First....

and Springboro families and taxpaying homeowners extend Congratulations to our new board members-elect, Mr. Anderson, Mr. Malone, and Mr. Stuckey. Welcome Aboard! Now is the time to get on board with our school district's new reform minded vision of Children's First budget, ensuring a
quality classroom education for ALL our students while living within our means, with NO NEW TAXES.

When we combine common sense spending with the strong performance of our schools, we provide opportunities for everyone - our students, teachers, families and our community. We are on
our way with the progress made in the past two years and renewal levy that saves taxpayers $6.5 million! Special thanks are due our current
board members Kelly Kohls, Jim Rigano, David Petroni, Don Miller and Wendy Kohl! Thank you!
Just curious

Springboro, OH

#29509 Nov 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Please reference page 1 of this thread, which dates back to February 2008. Notice how few posters elected to use their actual identity. During Feb 2008, was Kelly Kohls a member of Springboro school board? No!
In February 2008, district parents would not dare post their actual names for fear that their children might be singled out in the classroom. Lots of names have changed around the district, but the politic haven't. You're absolutely correct in that such repercussions are still very possible today. However, to be fair, repercussions against students has nothing to do with anyone sitting on any given Springboro school board. Repercussions against students have everything to do with retaliatory measures by perhaps a couple of dozen or so generally p!&&ed off, burned out, overly-entitled, and/or mega-egotistical district TEACHERS.
Why do you have such a negative opinion of Springboro teachers? My experiences have been quite positive.
TOPICS AT HAND

Springboro, OH

#29510 Nov 27, 2013
Just curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you have such a negative opinion of Springboro teachers? My experiences have been quite positive.
Why do some on this blog have such a negative opinion of Springboro
School Board of Education representatives, Kelly Kohls, Jim Rigano, and David Petroni? My experiences have been quite positive.

As many of our concerned citizens in Springboro, including school employees, school board members and school district taxpayers, seek to build confidence in our schools for everyone...Why do others seek to build mistrust?

From the outside, board representatives Kelly Kohls, Jim Rigano, and David Petroni have been demonized by their fearful political opponents who continue spreading lies, while projecting false evidence appearing real, deceiving community members who do not know the true history of goings on "inside" our schools.

What is negative about the progress that our current board has made putting our students first in the past two years?

Zero based budgets and efficiency plans are not controversial.
Updated technology and curriculum are not controversial.
Buses that run and roofs that don't leak are not controversial.
Putting children first is reasonable, not controversial.

What is negative about every School Employee receiving MORE
money in their individual paychecks AND every Springboro family
keeping more of their hard earned money in their pockets with reduced levy that saves taxpayers $6.2 million?

Where integrity was not maintained from within, WHY is it not
our individual right and our individual duty, regardless of diversity in politics and religion, to rebuild that integrity, working together in a unifying direction, putting our students first while maintaining fiscal integrity?

Educate Springboro's common sense approach does not strip the district of its traditions or diversity. It does not ignore its accomplishments and honors, including "Excellent with Distinction." It simply gives both the School Community of Students and Employees AND the Community of Taxpayers a
unifying direction that extends beyond any individual,
building, or year.
Common Sense Voters

Springboro, OH

#29511 Nov 27, 2013
Glass Houses wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeff, this is a perfect example of the typical response you will get from staunch supporters of the current board (and the current board themselves). They make pretty strong accusations but are unable to support them. That is where they lose credibility with me. While I agree that perhaps you may want to start attending school board meetings, I disagree that you will see the behavior implied in her response. I haven't seen anything negative from the SEA or its president, and I've paid A LOT of attention. Honestly, the teachers of Springboro seem to be really good people.
Stay Alert Voters -- the above post is typical of the SEA union activists engaging in OEA politics of personal destruction, while refusing to acknowledge the truth about the good work being done
within the framework of our school district's reform minded vision of Children's First Budget. Springboro citizens have seen bullying attacks on Kelly Kohls, grandstanding false evidence appearing real, in our board meetings and in the local news media circus since Kelly Kohls came on board in 2010.

Truth is, the SEA cannot stand BUDGET TRANSPARENCY and fiscal responsibility, and the SEA cannot stand the Taxpaying "Outsiders" involved in "Their" union business (which is highly profitable ONLY for the union)in our public board meetings, "asking questions" about misallocations of taxpayers money and school district resources.

Kelly Kohls is the first board member ever to publicly state in a business meeting that the board should listen to the community of
taxpayers AND listen to the school community of students and school employees! And from the January 2010 beginning of this Springboro parent's good service as board representative,
she has been bullied, harassed, demonized, and falsely accused of not having the right in her "elected position" to serve our school children and community! And since January 2012, both Jim Rigano and David Petroni have been included in this hostile OEA War of Words launched against Springboro taxpayers.
This on-going hostile Red Ribbon protest against Board members having no respect for our school teachers is nothing but status quo symbolism of pro-levy union solidarity against our reform minded school board representatives and Springboro taxpayers.
There is no PROOF that our Springboro BOE members, nor our Springboro taxpayers, have no respect for teachers!

There is PROOF of NEGOTIATED CONTRACT, that "Employees across the district will see their compensation increase! This agreement RECOGNIZES the contribution and value teachers and other certified staff provide our students and provides them a SIGNIFICANT INCREASE in compensation for that!

Common Sense Voters in Springboro are THRILLED! that the SEA has agreed to explore a performance-based compensation structure with our school district leaders. Teachers that go above and beyond for OUR STUDENTS should be rewarded for that effort and that's good for all students!
Tell It Like It Is

Springboro, OH

#29512 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Totally Agree.... with Anonymity is Bliss comments speaking the Whole Truth, and nothing but the truth:

"However, to be fair, repercussions against students has nothing to do with anyone sitting on any given Springboro school board. Repercussions against students have everything to do with retaliatory measures by perhaps a couple of dozen or so generally p!&&ed off, burned out, overly-entitled, and/or mega-egotistical district TEACHERS."

From a personal viewpoint and experience, there are only a few of these status quo "tunnel vision" school employees, incuding Scott Maney, Sarah Thornbury, Carol Evans, Gail Dauber, are responsibile
for projecting this anger and hostility against all things good in our schools and community, attacking Springboro families and taxpaying homeowners with their evil OEA indoctrination of forced unionism, using manipulation of our parents and brain-washing of our students, in the OEA never-ending battle of fighting justice for teachers RIGHTS, to walk out on our students' classroom education, IF their constant demands for more, more, more increased taxes are not met.

Now that we have elected a "private sector" businessman,
Charles Anderson as board representative, voters are optomistic that our new leadership will get on board with our current board, supporting our children's 21st century classroom education and the progress that has been made in the past two years.
Glass Houses

Springboro, OH

#29513 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>
How in the world am I a hypicrite? All I said was that for me personally, the reason I don't post my name is fear of repercussions for my kids. I wasn't on this board in 2008.
Glass Houses

Springboro, OH

#29514 Nov 27, 2013
hypocrite...God forbid I spell something wrong on here. People are immediately labeled as stupid if they have a typo...
indeed

Dayton, OH

#29515 Nov 27, 2013
Just curious wrote:
<quoted text>
why ? because most of them are greedy, lazy, and care more about their purses and wallets than the kids...and hide behind that tired line.."it's for the kids" Found that out from a lying neighbor whose husband was a principle in the school system a few years back.
Tell It Like It Is

Springboro, OH

#29516 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>
And the People Said Amen. The above comments are the gospel truth.

Remember the time the SEA officer stood up to "shame and blame"
parents of students, calling out their names in public meeting,
because the SEA teacher did not agree with the parents differing opinions regarding new school levies?

Hell hath no fury like the SEA officers.... left holding an empty collection plate by common sense voters, who just say No New Taxes, standing on the principles of putting students first while maintaining fiscal integrity. And that's a good thing for our children, our community, and toward a better future for our schools!
Glass Houses

Springboro, OH

#29517 Nov 27, 2013
indeed wrote:
<quoted text>
why ? because most of them are greedy, lazy, and care more about their purses and wallets than the kids...and hide behind that tired line.."it's for the kids" Found that out from a lying neighbor whose husband was a principle in the school system a few years back.
Disagree 100%. They are good people. Just like anyone else, they have a right to seek raises - this doesn't mean they aren't about the kids, but it DOES mean that they are husbands, mothers, etc. with families to consider. Teachers are not overpaid, and the fact that they were on a pay freeze for so long is ridiculous. They don't ask for double their salary or something crazy - they just want to be compensated. They chose this particular career because they love children and teaching; that doesn't automatically forbid them from a good paycheck.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jeff Webb

Springboro, OH

#29518 Nov 27, 2013
"INDEED" and I quite you..( because things don't always format correctly on an iPad)
""why ? because most of them are greedy, lazy, and care more about their purses and wallets than the kids...and hide behind that tired line.."it's for the kids" Found that out from a lying neighbor whose husband was a principle in the school system a few years back.""

INDEED, do you really think MOST of our teachers are greedy, lazy and care more about their purses than the kids? Do you know how many young and wide eyed new teachers we have on board, and how many hard working tenured teachers who put in 10-12 hour days we have? Sure there are teachers that should be fired and yes the union protects them,( which I disagree with ) but your comments, and those like them, are the type of comment that drives this whole forum down. All the while hiding behind anonymity.

Strong people have always stood up for what they believe in throughout the history of this great country and they didn't hide in the shadows. They did it knowing there may have backlash for their words but still they had the courage to do it and stand up to what may follow. Or they let those that had the courage to do so, do it.
Good thing there aren't any names like "INDEED, OR ANONYMITY IS BLISS" signed on the Constitution.

This will be my last post, you all can go back to hiding and calling each other names, and downgrading every person on both sides of the issue. You are getting a lot accomplished.

Have fun.

Jeff

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
reality

Springboro, OH

#29519 Nov 28, 2013
[QUOTE who="Jeff Webb]
This will be my last post...
Jeff
[/QUOTE]

Oh really? This time, did you (again) cross your fingers behind your back?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evil Stick, The Demonic Dollar Store Toy 15 min Rosaline92 5
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr WARRIOR 19,468
Another Saturday night on Seville Drive... 2 hr Old Cold Warrior 2
Review: Wilmington Apartments (May '09) 12 hr looking 70
"Amish" heaters and EdenPURE heaters--Watch OUT! (Dec '08) 13 hr hot_dogs 561
Where is Jamie Simpson? 23 hr Carbon Blob 5
jim yates (Mar '14) Sat BDR 2
Springboro Dating
Find my Match

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:53 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:53PM
'Good Andy' Beats Texans, Don't Count on Playoff Run
Bleacher Report 3:55 PM
Grading Houston's Positional Units in Week 12
Bleacher Report 4:06 PM
Is Josh Gordon a WR1 for Week 13 and Fantasy Football Playoffs?
Bleacher Report 4:56 PM
Start Bernard or Hill in Week 13?
NFL 6:38 PM
Texans' Ryan Mallett might have torn right pectoral