Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,792

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Glass houses

Springboro, OH

#29363 Nov 21, 2013
hello Mr Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you continue to not get the point, Mr. Obvious.
Of course,(effective) teachers are extremely important in each and every student's overall education. Almost without exception, the students who rise to graduate near or at the top of their respective class are the students with parents / guardians with tremendous work ethic. These are the type of parents who take time to teach their children how to read and write before they ever set foot in kindergarten. These are the type of parents who know how to inspire. These are the type of parents who are literate enough to know the correct spelling of the adjective ...'their'.
First of all, your spelling, grammar, and punctuation are atrocious, so I find it quite ironic that you would point out an error in someone else's post. And for the record, "their" is a PRONOUN, not an adjective. I must have had better parents than you according to your post.

This brings me to another point. Yes, many -- even most -- students who are at the top of their (there's that pesky pronoun again...a possessive pronoun to be exact) classes have involved parents. Guess what? Not all do. What about them? Some students got screwed in the parent department, and their teachers are the only ones who care about their educations. Teachers perform miracles every day, often in those low-level classes you speak so poorly of. It's a big deal when Johnny gets his low-level English credit and can actually graduate, even though he came from parents who didn't care. The teacher played a critical role in that child's life, and frankly I don't care if it's only one student (even though it isn't). He was worth it. That same teacher may have helped Sam improve his ACT score by one point, but that one point allowed him to get into MIT, the school of his dreams. One point is no big deal, right? It was to Sam. Fortunately, he had parents who pushed him and helped create the foundation, but perhaps it was the teacher who gave that all-important final push. My kids have had excellent teachers in Springboro. I'm an involved parent, but I'm only one piece of the puzzle. Sadly, in some cases, the teacher is the only piece of the puzzle for some kids. Just because this isn't YOUR experience, doesn't mean that this isn't how our world is.
No jealousy here

Springboro, OH

#29364 Nov 21, 2013
Got Brain Drain wrote:
<quoted text>
...sounds like your dreadful narrow mindedness could certainly
welcome some improvement; but it'll take more than a standing ovation to rise above your low mental capacity. A mind is a
terrible thing to lose to jealousy and envy; don't think
even Dr. Malone has a prescription for that in the board room.
I really don't get what you think I'm so jealous of. Kelly Kohls? Seriously? The most hated person in Springboro, next to crazy Sonny? Um, no thank you. What is there to be jealous of? That she's the school board president for another couple of months? Her fashion sense? Her power point presentations? Her droning voice? Her inability to work collaboratively with teachers? Her psychosis? Her illusions of grandeur? Her ability to lie and believe herself?

Really, I see nothing to be jealous of. At all.
Kelly Kohls Paraphrase

Springboro, OH

#29365 Nov 21, 2013
Kelly Kohls: "Hey, we aren't going to let the Ohio School Boards Association tell us what to do and how to be good board members!! No way! I'm an individual! Hey, I know what I'll do. I'm going to create my OWN little group - the Ohio School Boards Leadership Council - so I can tell them how to be good board members and what to do. Oh, wait a minute..."

Hypocritical much?
the decider

Dayton, OH

#29366 Nov 21, 2013
No jealousy here wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't get what you think I'm so jealous of. Kelly Kohls? Seriously? The most hated person in Springboro, next to crazy Sonny? Um, no thank you. What is there to be jealous of? That she's the school board president for another couple of months? Her fashion sense? Her power point presentations? Her droning voice? Her inability to work collaboratively with teachers? Her psychosis? Her illusions of grandeur? Her ability to lie and believe herself?
Really, I see nothing to be jealous of. At all.
Jobe, you are jealous of everyone who is a civil person.
Glass Houses

Springboro, OH

#29367 Nov 21, 2013
It's Job.
No debate means No choice

Maineville, OH

#29368 Nov 21, 2013
Boro Future Brighter wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget about Bill Clinton's physical and emotional abuse of women... let's just celebrate the closing of Ron Malone's
SHS union shop and dreadful misallocation of our school district
and Taxpayer Resources. We can say goodbye to those bad old
good old boy days, now that Ron Malone is not in high school
anymore running the high school like a union shop, making up classes with scant demand to ensure employment for those whose
skills were not in demand. This tactic ROBBED resources from
areas of greater need in the district. Those who suffered the most were the gifted and thos in need of early intervention.
The true history of a man through official documents has now proven that it is not as golden as you have been led to believe;
yielding a "black" mark on our excellent with distinction school district of a "D" grade on gifted intervention and "C" grade on the lowest 20% in achievement from state.
As status quo Malone moves on up to the board room, our future looks much brighter now that his narrow tunnel vision can be broadened by our reform-minded board members and community taxpayers.
By proven record of Malone's past employment in our school district, Taxpayers can expect Malone's resistance to change
and the need for Taxpayers to repeatedly request of Mr. Malone
to utilize his ABILITY to get on board with our current board's
winning agenda of Children's First Budgeting with our school tax dollars.
There's the Pickerington Paragraph. What a lot of hot air....
A Khatibloo-McClel lan

Miamisburg, OH

#29369 Nov 21, 2013
Just observing wrote:
I just woke up to what is really happening when one of the militants came to my home asking for my vote for Malone and Stucky and Anderson.
I now understand what has been happening. You guys ever get that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach when you realize you have been had? You have been sitting and letting this evil force take advantage of your kids and you were the one that was suppose to protect them. I got it all of a sudden.
This education system has been abusing us all and we did not see it coming because we have been busy raising our family and we trusted the SYSTEM. OMG
WOW! Dramatic much? Militants? LOL. Seriously, lay off the coffee and other stimulants. That's probably what that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach is.
A Khatibloo-McClel lan

Miamisburg, OH

#29370 Nov 21, 2013
Donations Welcome wrote:
<quoted text>
On behalf of all Springboro Families and Taxpaying Homeowners in this school district, Please consider this invitation as rolling out the Red Carpet of Appreciation at tonight's public school board meeting, inviting YOU to Step Right Up and make a committment of a DONATION of $20 or so a month for the next
five years! You can be sure that your generosity will be applauded and cheered for in front of the TV Cameras!
You may want to check out on the board meeting agenda the
Subject 3.4 Approval to ADVANCE CASH to the Athletic Fund,
when the school treasurer recommends the request of the Athletic
Director to ADVANCE $250,000 CASH of Taxpayers hard-earned dollars from General Fund 001 to Athletic Fund 300-903B.
Seems the Athletic Program "powers that be" did not live within
their means during the 2012-2013 school year; and went into debt over a quarter million dollars! OH MY!... Isn't that what the Springboro antaggonists have been bullying Kelly Kohls for over the past four years...? living above her means and costing taxpayers... Now the approval of board member Kelly Kohls is needed to transfer general funds to the atletic fund,
COSTING TAXPAYERS $250,000. Is there a PLAN to pay back to taxpayers the $250,000 that is now being transferred to bail
out the BANKRUPTCY of the Athletic Fund?
So color me crazy, but if the athletic department is short $250K, isn't that a result of the lack of planning (i.e. fiscal planning) of the current board (who were also the BOE at the time)? I believe the BOE required a "zero balanced budget" of every department. And Oh! But Wait! Didn't the BOE also reduce pay-to-participate because they had balanced the budget? I'm pretty damned sure I heard that more than once. So what the hell happened? I'm not quite sure because I wasn't at the BOE meeting this week; however, if you want to assign blame, let's start with the group who were GUNG HO about how transparently responsible they were with our tax dollars.
A Khatibloo-McClel lan

Miamisburg, OH

#29371 Nov 21, 2013
Got Donuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Malone chose to parade the true colors of his dark, revengeful influence on some of the SHS Youth Union Activists/kids in the March 2012 re-instate Ron Malone protest; smirking and nodding approval as the kids in dressed in black performed their bully
acts in a most smart mouthed and disrespectful manner in the public business meeting of the high school auditorium.
So anti-semitic, confederate flag waving, domestic violence perpetrating, time wasters are not smart-mouthed and disrespectful, but kids supporting their beliefs are? And the continued use of the ridiculous "dark, revengeful..." or "insanely popular" labels as they relate to Dr. Malone is probably not disrespectful either, right? Huh. That's interesting.
Disappointing

Hamilton, OH

#29372 Nov 22, 2013
A Khatibloo-McClellan wrote:
<quoted text>
So color me crazy, but if the athletic department is short $250K, isn't that a result of the lack of planning (i.e. fiscal planning) of the current board (who were also the BOE at the time)? I believe the BOE required a "zero balanced budget" of every department. And Oh! But Wait! Didn't the BOE also reduce pay-to-participate because they had balanced the budget? I'm pretty damned sure I heard that more than once. So what the hell happened? I'm not quite sure because I wasn't at the BOE meeting this week; however, if you want to assign blame, let's start with the group who were GUNG HO about how transparently responsible they were with our tax dollars.
You're crazy if you think that's the only problem. The current Board of Education has been so lax with their fiscal rules. They have had ZERO RESPONSIBILITY in budgeting. Hopefully, Anderson and Malone can come in and start fixing the fiscal mess that the current BOE has left.
Hold On

Springboro, OH

#29373 Nov 22, 2013
A Khatibloo-McClellan wrote:
<quoted text>
So anti-semitic, confederate flag waving, domestic violence perpetrating, time wasters are not smart-mouthed and disrespectful, but kids supporting their beliefs are? And the continued use of the ridiculous "dark, revengeful..." or "insanely popular" labels as they relate to Dr. Malone is probably not disrespectful either, right? Huh. That's interesting.
Not worth the time to plunder in the past posts on this blog,
but the "insanely popular" title for Mr. Malone was introduced by Ron's Kids of the March 2012 protest, introducing themselves as "we're back, all grown up and old enough to vote" revenge against board members Kelly Kohls, Jim Rigano, and David Petroni." Readers of this blog were informed that Name Recognition Wins
elections, and that Mr. Malone is "insanely popular in the
community."

Now, Name recognition of being insanely popular sounds pretty
dark and revengeful, and because all posts on this blog seem to
banter back and forth, copying whatever "clever wit" of the opposition that could go toe to toe with political opposition,
in efforts to get "one step ahead."

It does appear that Mr. Malone and his supporters always claim
victimhood, never acknowledging Mr.Malone's leadership weaknesses during the 13 years of his employment as a trusted high school principal; never accepting responsibility for his own failed practices of misallocation of distric and taxpayer resources; but
simply continuing his FEAR of change campaign AGAINST our Students First, Fixing Budget, Levy Alternatives NEW reform minded philosophy; elections come and go, but Malone has nothing to offer
but status quo business as usual, continuing his March 2012 campaign war of words to attack community Taxpayers for NEW INCREASED TAXES, while discrediting and distorting the PROVEN success of our current school district leaders, with these blog posts spreading False Evidence Appearing Real.

The elections are over and now we ALL need to focus on the
challenges that we ALL face in the board room as Mr. Anderson,
Mr. Malone, and Mr.Stuckey settle in and find the best way to
utilize their abilities and business experiences to join our current board members, Mr. Rigano and Mr. Petroni, in working
together as a PROFESSIONAL TEAM, along with Mr. Petrey and our school district leaders, putting Students First while Maintaining Fiscal Integrity, with NO NEW TAXES needed to do what's right
for our school children and community.
The Record Speaks Truth

Springboro, OH

#29374 Nov 22, 2013
Glass houses wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, your spelling, grammar, and punctuation are atrocious, so I find it quite ironic that you would point out an error in someone else's post. And for the record, "their" is a PRONOUN, not an adjective. I must have had better parents than you according to your post.
This brings me to another point. Yes, many -- even most -- students who are at the top of their (there's that pesky pronoun again...a possessive pronoun to be exact) classes have involved parents. Guess what? Not all do. What about them? Some students got screwed in the parent department, and their teachers are the only ones who care about their educations. Teachers perform miracles every day, often in those low-level classes you speak so poorly of. It's a big deal when Johnny gets his low-level English credit and can actually graduate, even though he came from parents who didn't care. The teacher played a critical role in that child's life, and frankly I don't care if it's only one student (even though it isn't). He was worth it. That same teacher may have helped Sam improve his ACT score by one point, but that one point allowed him to get into MIT, the school of his dreams. One point is no big deal, right? It was to Sam. Fortunately, he had parents who pushed him and helped create the foundation, but perhaps it was the teacher who gave that all-important final push. My kids have had excellent teachers in Springboro. I'm an involved parent, but I'm only one piece of the puzzle. Sadly, in some cases, the teacher is the only piece of the puzzle for some kids. Just because this isn't YOUR experience, doesn't mean that this isn't how our world is.
And just because your one voice, one vote, one piece of the puzzle
FITS your needs in YOUR world; it doesn't justify the former SHS principal, Ron Malone's misallocation of ALL district and ALL taxpayer resources, making up classes with scant demant to ensure employment for those whose skills were not in demand. This tactic ROBBED resources from areas of GREATER need in the district.
Those who suffered the most were the gifted and those in need of early intervention. The Record Speaks Truth revealing for our
excellent with distinction school district a "D" grade on gifted intervention and "C" grade on the lowest 20% in achievement from
State... and that means 20% of our students were not getting the
quality education for which ALL COMMUNITY TAXPAYERS are paying.
Haters

Springboro, OH

#29375 Nov 22, 2013
The worst of the worst of Springboro isI on here. Such haters!
Hold On

Springboro, OH

#29376 Nov 22, 2013
Disappointing wrote:
<quoted text> You're crazy if you think that's the only problem. The current Board of Education has been so lax with their fiscal rules. They have had ZERO RESPONSIBILITY in budgeting. Hopefully, Anderson and Malone can come in and start fixing the fiscal mess that the current BOE has left.
Sounds like Malone plans to "re-instate his March 2012 protests of status quo business as usual" creating more division, more chaos, more distortion, more Red Ribbon campaigns of Symbolism with NO Substance, disrupting the progress made in the last two years, while leaving BEHIND the remaining board members, Mr. Stuckey, Mr. Petroni, and Mr.Rigano...?

Sounds like YOU think that Mr. Malone will be living up to his reputation as insanely popular IF he tries to overthrow our common sense business practices of Children's First Budgeting PROVEN
success of INCREASED PAY for EVERY SCHOOL EMPLOYEE and renewal levy saving ALL taxpayers $6.5 million AND no new money needed
for our children's 21st century quality classroom education.
Boro Future Brighter

Springboro, OH

#29377 Nov 22, 2013
The true history of a man through official documents has now proven that it is not as golden as you have been led to believe;
yielding a "black" mark on our excellent with distinction school district of a "D" grade on gifted intervention and "C" grade on the lowest 20% in achievement from state.

As status quo Malone moves on up to the board room, our future looks much brighter now that his narrow tunnel vision can be broadened by our reform-minded board members and community taxpayers.

By proven record of Malone's past employment in our school district, Taxpayers can expect Malone's resistance to change
and the need for Taxpayers to repeatedly request of Mr. Malone
to utilize his ABILITY to get on board with our current board's
winning agenda of Children's First Budgeting with our school tax dollars.

IT DOESN'T TAKE MORE MONEY...IT JUST TAKES
ACCOUNTABILITY.

Special Thanks to our current board members
Kelly Kohls, Jim Rigano, David Petroni, Don Miller
and Wendy Kull!

Special Thanks to our school Superintendent, Mr. Petrey, and our school district leaders!

Thank You for choosing to serve our school children and our community, making Springboro
a better place to live, work, learn, and play
sports, putting Students First, while maintaining fiscal integrity.
us BOTH safe AN H mdis
Boro Future Brighter

Springboro, OH

#29378 Nov 22, 2013
The true history of a man through official documents has now proven that it is not as golden as you have been led to believe;
yielding a "black" mark on our excellent with distinction school district of a "D" grade on gifted intervention and "C" grade on the lowest 20% in achievement from state.

As status quo Malone moves on up to the board room, our future looks much brighter now that his narrow tunnel vision can be broadened by our reform-minded board members and community taxpayers.

By proven record of Malone's past employment in our school district, Taxpayers can expect Malone's resistance to change
and the need for Taxpayers to repeatedly request of Mr. Malone
to utilize his ABILITY to get on board with our current board's
winning agenda of Children's First Budgeting with our school tax dollars.

IT DOESN'T TAKE MORE MONEY...IT JUST TAKES
ACCOUNTABILITY.

Special Thanks to our current board members
Kelly Kohls, Jim Rigano, David Petroni, Don Miller
and Wendy Kull!

Special Thanks to our school Superintendent, Mr. Petrey, and our school district leaders!
"Where the board's at right now is wanting the highest academic achievement and fiscal responsibility," Petrey said in a DDN article, "That's what I stand for."

Thank You for choosing to serve our school children and our community, making Springboro
a better place to live, work, learn, and play
sports, putting Students First, while maintaining fiscal integrity.
Decertify your union

Springboro, OH

#29379 Nov 22, 2013
No debate means No choice wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to THANK THE TEACHERS. 50+ students scoring over a 30 is something to be proud of. Most of these kids were attending high school with Dr. Malone at the helm and Mr. Stuckey teaching and still they were able to overcome(lol). Tells you something about how some people have NO IDEA what they are talking about. Those numbers seem pretty PROFICIENT.
What this proves is that our students will rise above no matter who is at the helm and in spite of who keeps them down. This could have been 100 students though.

I believe parents have learned that this union run school is not giving what the kids need and the parents are supplementing a poor education causing excellence. My only sadness is that we would give any of these teachers union bullies credit. Teachers your union is making you look bad. Get out, get a religious excuse to get out or decertify! You will get far more respect from parents, kids and society in general if you decertify your union. Other schools are doing it. Your union elected Barack Insane Obama- we blame all of you for that, your union has failed these poor children, victims of your forced indoctrination to reject their Christian, capitolism, moral, patriotic heritage. Your choice is to continue to support this??? This makes you look like you are part of it. We will never support you when you support the legal plunder of our kids and their future.
Decertify your union

Springboro, OH

#29380 Nov 22, 2013
No debate means No choice wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going to quote, please get it right and in context.
"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If 'is' means 'is and never has been' that's one thing - if it means 'there is none', that was a completely true statement." - Bill Clinton
(Didn't your parents teach you good study habits?)
Everyone calm down, he never had sexual relations with that woman.
He only left his imprint on that dress.
Why she did not burn it immediately after is also disturbing. Democrats, left wing extremism must drive people to do gross things and then keep the memento forever. Greg, Sarah, Jason, Bowman is this your guy? Your record speaks volumes of who you support and why you oppose Christian principles. You are truly the phonies of Springboro. Obama and Clintons-we got it now.
No debate means No choice

Xenia, OH

#29381 Nov 22, 2013
A Khatibloo-McClellan wrote:
<quoted text>
So color me crazy, but if the athletic department is short $250K, isn't that a result of the lack of planning (i.e. fiscal planning) of the current board (who were also the BOE at the time)? I believe the BOE required a "zero balanced budget" of every department. And Oh! But Wait! Didn't the BOE also reduce pay-to-participate because they had balanced the budget? I'm pretty damned sure I heard that more than once. So what the hell happened? I'm not quite sure because I wasn't at the BOE meeting this week; however, if you want to assign blame, let's start with the group who were GUNG HO about how transparently responsible they were with our tax dollars.
Maybe a reduced levy wasn't what was needed.

Fail for Children's First Budgeting....
quotes to live by

Springboro, OH

#29382 Nov 22, 2013
In a DDN article 2009 Babb says” While recognizing the bad feelings some residents have about the district, Lisa Babb of Neighbors for Springboro Schools urged voters to focus "on the things that are important: educating our kids."

"It's very easy to sit back and not agree," she added.

Babb joined the levy campaign after the board proposed shifting half-day kindergarten to all-day kindergarten on alternate days.(So when it effected her)

"I became upset in December and realized I needed to be more than upset, and get involved in helping make change happen," Babb said .

In hopes of swaying voters, Babb organized a town hall meeting earlier this week.

And while sensitive to people struggling financially, Babb said some district taxpayers — who she sees in stores and restaurants — simply need to reset their priorities.
"It's how you choose to spend your money," she said. "Let's just look at the kids at this point."
Remember Mrs. Babb is a teacher
Take; You have not bled or felt the pain enough

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Vast Indiference of Government 2 hr The New Cool Warrior 17
Campus-area stabbing victim was trying to prote... 5 hr Big Johnson 1
Springboro schools hiring practices 5 hr Sosad 4
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Graham Cracker 19,636
Susan Rice: Incompetent or a Liar? (Nov '12) 16 hr debby 24
If it is not too late... Mon The New Cool Warrior 5
We might need a patriotic commander-in-chief... Mon The New Cool Warrior 1

Winter Storm Warning for Warren County was issued at March 03 at 9:34PM EST

Springboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Browns' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency
ESPN 9:25 AM
McCown expects to start at QB for Browns
NFL 6:02 AM
Brian Hartline visiting Cleveland Browns
Bleacher Report 7:07 AM
Buffalo Bills' 5 Best Free-Agent QB Options to Compete with EJ Manuel
NFL11:39 AM
Browns OC wants Manziel 'obsessed' with football