Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments (Page 1,443)

Showing posts 28,841 - 28,860 of30,997
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
No debate means No choice

Xenia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Well, we went to a new page, must be time for a long post from Pickerington....
jumpin jack flash

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

No debate means No choice wrote:
<quoted text>
"Facts are stupid things." - Ronald Reagan
depends what your definition of "is" is-----Bill Clinton

Xenia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

jumpin jack flash wrote:
<quoted text>
depends what your definition of "is" is-----Bill Clinton
If you're going to quote, please get it right and in context.

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If 'is' means 'is and never has been' that's one thing - if it means 'there is none', that was a completely true statement." - Bill Clinton

(Didn't your parents teach you good study habits?)
jumpin jack flash

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If 'is' means 'is and never has been' that's one thing - if it means 'there is none', that was a completely true statement." - Bill Clinton
ah...feeling a little sensitive there, are ya now? You sound like you may need counseling. Hopefully, it's in your union contract.
Boro Future Brighter

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Forget about Bill Clinton's physical and emotional abuse of women... let's just celebrate the closing of Ron Malone's
SHS union shop and dreadful misallocation of our school district
and Taxpayer Resources. We can say goodbye to those bad old
good old boy days, now that Ron Malone is not in high school
anymore running the high school like a union shop, making up classes with scant demand to ensure employment for those whose
skills were not in demand. This tactic ROBBED resources from
areas of greater need in the district. Those who suffered the most were the gifted and thos in need of early intervention.

The true history of a man through official documents has now proven that it is not as golden as you have been led to believe;
yielding a "black" mark on our excellent with distinction school district of a "D" grade on gifted intervention and "C" grade on the lowest 20% in achievement from state.

As status quo Malone moves on up to the board room, our future looks much brighter now that his narrow tunnel vision can be broadened by our reform-minded board members and community taxpayers.

By proven record of Malone's past employment in our school district, Taxpayers can expect Malone's resistance to change
and the need for Taxpayers to repeatedly request of Mr. Malone
to utilize his ABILITY to get on board with our current board's
winning agenda of Children's First Budgeting with our school tax dollars.
hello Mr Obvious

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Credit goes to the student, teachers, parents and those of us who fund their education in that order.(I don't think parents spend 7 hours a day teaching thier kids after school).
"It takes a village." - Hillary Clinton
Obviously you continue to not get the point, Mr. Obvious.

Of course,(effective) teachers are extremely important in each and every student's overall education. Almost without exception, the students who rise to graduate near or at the top of their respective class are the students with parents / guardians with tremendous work ethic. These are the type of parents who take time to teach their children how to read and write before they ever set foot in kindergarten. These are the type of parents who know how to inspire. These are the type of parents who are literate enough to know the correct spelling of the adjective ...'their'.
Reality Bytes

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
"Facts are stupid things." - Ronald Reagan
It is stupid of the FEARFUL ones to distort the proven FACTS,
by spreading lies and False Evidence Appearing Real, AGAINST
the progress made in the last two years by our current board's reform-minded Children's First philosophy.

No debate about it; We can't just invest in status quo.
We Must Utilize Our School District's Leadership Ability
to INVEST in a broader VISION of Raising the Bar for Our
Students AND Teachers.

Malone NOW has NO CHOICE in the board room, but to get on board with our Students First 21st Century classroom education!

Fresh Ideas have allowed our district to sustain itself in an uncertain economy with NO new money required.

Community Taxpayers will continue to CHALLENGE the status quo where need be... and that IS a good thing!
Glass houses

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

hello Mr Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you continue to not get the point, Mr. Obvious.
Of course,(effective) teachers are extremely important in each and every student's overall education. Almost without exception, the students who rise to graduate near or at the top of their respective class are the students with parents / guardians with tremendous work ethic. These are the type of parents who take time to teach their children how to read and write before they ever set foot in kindergarten. These are the type of parents who know how to inspire. These are the type of parents who are literate enough to know the correct spelling of the adjective ...'their'.
First of all, your spelling, grammar, and punctuation are atrocious, so I find it quite ironic that you would point out an error in someone else's post. And for the record, "their" is a PRONOUN, not an adjective. I must have had better parents than you according to your post.

This brings me to another point. Yes, many -- even most -- students who are at the top of their (there's that pesky pronoun again...a possessive pronoun to be exact) classes have involved parents. Guess what? Not all do. What about them? Some students got screwed in the parent department, and their teachers are the only ones who care about their educations. Teachers perform miracles every day, often in those low-level classes you speak so poorly of. It's a big deal when Johnny gets his low-level English credit and can actually graduate, even though he came from parents who didn't care. The teacher played a critical role in that child's life, and frankly I don't care if it's only one student (even though it isn't). He was worth it. That same teacher may have helped Sam improve his ACT score by one point, but that one point allowed him to get into MIT, the school of his dreams. One point is no big deal, right? It was to Sam. Fortunately, he had parents who pushed him and helped create the foundation, but perhaps it was the teacher who gave that all-important final push. My kids have had excellent teachers in Springboro. I'm an involved parent, but I'm only one piece of the puzzle. Sadly, in some cases, the teacher is the only piece of the puzzle for some kids. Just because this isn't YOUR experience, doesn't mean that this isn't how our world is.
No jealousy here

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Got Brain Drain wrote:
<quoted text>
...sounds like your dreadful narrow mindedness could certainly
welcome some improvement; but it'll take more than a standing ovation to rise above your low mental capacity. A mind is a
terrible thing to lose to jealousy and envy; don't think
even Dr. Malone has a prescription for that in the board room.
I really don't get what you think I'm so jealous of. Kelly Kohls? Seriously? The most hated person in Springboro, next to crazy Sonny? Um, no thank you. What is there to be jealous of? That she's the school board president for another couple of months? Her fashion sense? Her power point presentations? Her droning voice? Her inability to work collaboratively with teachers? Her psychosis? Her illusions of grandeur? Her ability to lie and believe herself?

Really, I see nothing to be jealous of. At all.
Kelly Kohls Paraphrase

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Kelly Kohls: "Hey, we aren't going to let the Ohio School Boards Association tell us what to do and how to be good board members!! No way! I'm an individual! Hey, I know what I'll do. I'm going to create my OWN little group - the Ohio School Boards Leadership Council - so I can tell them how to be good board members and what to do. Oh, wait a minute..."

Hypocritical much?
the decider

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

No jealousy here wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't get what you think I'm so jealous of. Kelly Kohls? Seriously? The most hated person in Springboro, next to crazy Sonny? Um, no thank you. What is there to be jealous of? That she's the school board president for another couple of months? Her fashion sense? Her power point presentations? Her droning voice? Her inability to work collaboratively with teachers? Her psychosis? Her illusions of grandeur? Her ability to lie and believe herself?
Really, I see nothing to be jealous of. At all.
Jobe, you are jealous of everyone who is a civil person.
Glass Houses

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

It's Job.

Maineville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Boro Future Brighter wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget about Bill Clinton's physical and emotional abuse of women... let's just celebrate the closing of Ron Malone's
SHS union shop and dreadful misallocation of our school district
and Taxpayer Resources. We can say goodbye to those bad old
good old boy days, now that Ron Malone is not in high school
anymore running the high school like a union shop, making up classes with scant demand to ensure employment for those whose
skills were not in demand. This tactic ROBBED resources from
areas of greater need in the district. Those who suffered the most were the gifted and thos in need of early intervention.
The true history of a man through official documents has now proven that it is not as golden as you have been led to believe;
yielding a "black" mark on our excellent with distinction school district of a "D" grade on gifted intervention and "C" grade on the lowest 20% in achievement from state.
As status quo Malone moves on up to the board room, our future looks much brighter now that his narrow tunnel vision can be broadened by our reform-minded board members and community taxpayers.
By proven record of Malone's past employment in our school district, Taxpayers can expect Malone's resistance to change
and the need for Taxpayers to repeatedly request of Mr. Malone
to utilize his ABILITY to get on board with our current board's
winning agenda of Children's First Budgeting with our school tax dollars.
There's the Pickerington Paragraph. What a lot of hot air....
A Khatibloo-McClel lan

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Just observing wrote:
I just woke up to what is really happening when one of the militants came to my home asking for my vote for Malone and Stucky and Anderson.
I now understand what has been happening. You guys ever get that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach when you realize you have been had? You have been sitting and letting this evil force take advantage of your kids and you were the one that was suppose to protect them. I got it all of a sudden.
This education system has been abusing us all and we did not see it coming because we have been busy raising our family and we trusted the SYSTEM. OMG
WOW! Dramatic much? Militants? LOL. Seriously, lay off the coffee and other stimulants. That's probably what that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach is.
A Khatibloo-McClel lan

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Donations Welcome wrote:
<quoted text>
On behalf of all Springboro Families and Taxpaying Homeowners in this school district, Please consider this invitation as rolling out the Red Carpet of Appreciation at tonight's public school board meeting, inviting YOU to Step Right Up and make a committment of a DONATION of $20 or so a month for the next
five years! You can be sure that your generosity will be applauded and cheered for in front of the TV Cameras!
You may want to check out on the board meeting agenda the
Subject 3.4 Approval to ADVANCE CASH to the Athletic Fund,
when the school treasurer recommends the request of the Athletic
Director to ADVANCE $250,000 CASH of Taxpayers hard-earned dollars from General Fund 001 to Athletic Fund 300-903B.
Seems the Athletic Program "powers that be" did not live within
their means during the 2012-2013 school year; and went into debt over a quarter million dollars! OH MY!... Isn't that what the Springboro antaggonists have been bullying Kelly Kohls for over the past four years...? living above her means and costing taxpayers... Now the approval of board member Kelly Kohls is needed to transfer general funds to the atletic fund,
COSTING TAXPAYERS $250,000. Is there a PLAN to pay back to taxpayers the $250,000 that is now being transferred to bail
out the BANKRUPTCY of the Athletic Fund?
So color me crazy, but if the athletic department is short $250K, isn't that a result of the lack of planning (i.e. fiscal planning) of the current board (who were also the BOE at the time)? I believe the BOE required a "zero balanced budget" of every department. And Oh! But Wait! Didn't the BOE also reduce pay-to-participate because they had balanced the budget? I'm pretty damned sure I heard that more than once. So what the hell happened? I'm not quite sure because I wasn't at the BOE meeting this week; however, if you want to assign blame, let's start with the group who were GUNG HO about how transparently responsible they were with our tax dollars.
A Khatibloo-McClel lan

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Got Donuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Malone chose to parade the true colors of his dark, revengeful influence on some of the SHS Youth Union Activists/kids in the March 2012 re-instate Ron Malone protest; smirking and nodding approval as the kids in dressed in black performed their bully
acts in a most smart mouthed and disrespectful manner in the public business meeting of the high school auditorium.
So anti-semitic, confederate flag waving, domestic violence perpetrating, time wasters are not smart-mouthed and disrespectful, but kids supporting their beliefs are? And the continued use of the ridiculous "dark, revengeful..." or "insanely popular" labels as they relate to Dr. Malone is probably not disrespectful either, right? Huh. That's interesting.
Disappointing

Hamilton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

A Khatibloo-McClellan wrote:
<quoted text>
So color me crazy, but if the athletic department is short $250K, isn't that a result of the lack of planning (i.e. fiscal planning) of the current board (who were also the BOE at the time)? I believe the BOE required a "zero balanced budget" of every department. And Oh! But Wait! Didn't the BOE also reduce pay-to-participate because they had balanced the budget? I'm pretty damned sure I heard that more than once. So what the hell happened? I'm not quite sure because I wasn't at the BOE meeting this week; however, if you want to assign blame, let's start with the group who were GUNG HO about how transparently responsible they were with our tax dollars.
You're crazy if you think that's the only problem. The current Board of Education has been so lax with their fiscal rules. They have had ZERO RESPONSIBILITY in budgeting. Hopefully, Anderson and Malone can come in and start fixing the fiscal mess that the current BOE has left.
Hold On

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

A Khatibloo-McClellan wrote:
<quoted text>
So anti-semitic, confederate flag waving, domestic violence perpetrating, time wasters are not smart-mouthed and disrespectful, but kids supporting their beliefs are? And the continued use of the ridiculous "dark, revengeful..." or "insanely popular" labels as they relate to Dr. Malone is probably not disrespectful either, right? Huh. That's interesting.
Not worth the time to plunder in the past posts on this blog,
but the "insanely popular" title for Mr. Malone was introduced by Ron's Kids of the March 2012 protest, introducing themselves as "we're back, all grown up and old enough to vote" revenge against board members Kelly Kohls, Jim Rigano, and David Petroni." Readers of this blog were informed that Name Recognition Wins
elections, and that Mr. Malone is "insanely popular in the
community."

Now, Name recognition of being insanely popular sounds pretty
dark and revengeful, and because all posts on this blog seem to
banter back and forth, copying whatever "clever wit" of the opposition that could go toe to toe with political opposition,
in efforts to get "one step ahead."

It does appear that Mr. Malone and his supporters always claim
victimhood, never acknowledging Mr.Malone's leadership weaknesses during the 13 years of his employment as a trusted high school principal; never accepting responsibility for his own failed practices of misallocation of distric and taxpayer resources; but
simply continuing his FEAR of change campaign AGAINST our Students First, Fixing Budget, Levy Alternatives NEW reform minded philosophy; elections come and go, but Malone has nothing to offer
but status quo business as usual, continuing his March 2012 campaign war of words to attack community Taxpayers for NEW INCREASED TAXES, while discrediting and distorting the PROVEN success of our current school district leaders, with these blog posts spreading False Evidence Appearing Real.

The elections are over and now we ALL need to focus on the
challenges that we ALL face in the board room as Mr. Anderson,
Mr. Malone, and Mr.Stuckey settle in and find the best way to
utilize their abilities and business experiences to join our current board members, Mr. Rigano and Mr. Petroni, in working
together as a PROFESSIONAL TEAM, along with Mr. Petrey and our school district leaders, putting Students First while Maintaining Fiscal Integrity, with NO NEW TAXES needed to do what's right
for our school children and community.
The Record Speaks Truth

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Glass houses wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, your spelling, grammar, and punctuation are atrocious, so I find it quite ironic that you would point out an error in someone else's post. And for the record, "their" is a PRONOUN, not an adjective. I must have had better parents than you according to your post.
This brings me to another point. Yes, many -- even most -- students who are at the top of their (there's that pesky pronoun again...a possessive pronoun to be exact) classes have involved parents. Guess what? Not all do. What about them? Some students got screwed in the parent department, and their teachers are the only ones who care about their educations. Teachers perform miracles every day, often in those low-level classes you speak so poorly of. It's a big deal when Johnny gets his low-level English credit and can actually graduate, even though he came from parents who didn't care. The teacher played a critical role in that child's life, and frankly I don't care if it's only one student (even though it isn't). He was worth it. That same teacher may have helped Sam improve his ACT score by one point, but that one point allowed him to get into MIT, the school of his dreams. One point is no big deal, right? It was to Sam. Fortunately, he had parents who pushed him and helped create the foundation, but perhaps it was the teacher who gave that all-important final push. My kids have had excellent teachers in Springboro. I'm an involved parent, but I'm only one piece of the puzzle. Sadly, in some cases, the teacher is the only piece of the puzzle for some kids. Just because this isn't YOUR experience, doesn't mean that this isn't how our world is.
And just because your one voice, one vote, one piece of the puzzle
FITS your needs in YOUR world; it doesn't justify the former SHS principal, Ron Malone's misallocation of ALL district and ALL taxpayer resources, making up classes with scant demant to ensure employment for those whose skills were not in demand. This tactic ROBBED resources from areas of GREATER need in the district.
Those who suffered the most were the gifted and those in need of early intervention. The Record Speaks Truth revealing for our
excellent with distinction school district a "D" grade on gifted intervention and "C" grade on the lowest 20% in achievement from
State... and that means 20% of our students were not getting the
quality education for which ALL COMMUNITY TAXPAYERS are paying.
Haters

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

The worst of the worst of Springboro isI on here. Such haters!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 28,841 - 28,860 of30,997
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springboro Discussions

Search the Springboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Reality speaks 28,424
17-year-old boy indicted for knock-out game 5 hr The Hack Checker 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr PetVax 18,482
Angela Robinson 22 hr Long time 1
Middletown Gangs (Apr '13) Tue Countryfan69demgatorssuck 20
tina Jul 6 thetallcoolone 4
waffle House Jul 6 Joe the plumber 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Springboro Jobs

•••