Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,303

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Bull

Springboro, OH

#29339 Nov 20, 2013
Bleeding wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the High School audits genius. Our High School has plenty of HS students that should be taking PSEO but they were discouraged. Our HS has plenty of AP courses but students were discouraged from taking them. The reason we rank so low is due to leadership and has nothing to do with money. Again spin doctor you are ignoring the facts. Even if it were a matter of money, Our district had plenty of money funneled to the adults. Maybe a few less pizza parties for the HS staff and a little more toward the kids or maybe employees should pay 35% of their health care like P&G now does then we would have enough money to actually send all kids to college. You adults siphon off all of the money leaving nothing for kids to learn. If you are not part of the solution you are a part of the problem.
I call BS. I have high schoolers, and they most certainly were NOT discouraged from PSEO or AP. Just because you state something doesn't make it true -- it's an outright lie! Spin Doctor is not ignoring the facts. He/she is just ignoring your FABRICATED facts.
Here she goes again

Springboro, OH

#29340 Nov 20, 2013
I see Kohls was up to her usual tactics at last night's board meeting - taking something off the agenda in order to avoid hearing from the community...AND THEN LETTING A REPRESENTATIVE OF SAID REMOVED AGENDA ITEM SPEAK! Does she really think the community is that stupid? We see right through her (is THAT what this board meant when they said they'd be transparent?!) and are counting the days until she is gone.
TV Land

Springboro, OH

#29341 Nov 20, 2013
Here she goes again wrote:
I see Kohls was up to her usual tactics at last night's board meeting - taking something off the agenda in order to avoid hearing from the community...AND THEN LETTING A REPRESENTATIVE OF SAID REMOVED AGENDA ITEM SPEAK! Does she really think the community is that stupid? We see right through her (is THAT what this board meant when they said they'd be transparent?!) and are counting the days until she is gone.
...there you go again... Blah blah blah! Weren't you seen on the late news last night with this same old "stupid agenda" of
using the good work of our school board president as your
"tools of the trade" to peddle your own stupidity in front
of the news camera...lol! Your severely misguided status quo
tunnel vision of grandstanding yourself, hanging on to Kelly Kohls expertise is pretty "transparent." Do you really think people in this community can't see "right through" YOUR politics of
personal destruction, distorting and discrediting
the progress that has been made in our school district in
the past two years?
Why don't you Try GROWING in Greater Knowledge of Good Things
that YOU may have in YOUR Life; instead of jealous of others
success?

"Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that ..but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing."
-William Butler Yeats
Waste Watchers

Springboro, OH

#29342 Nov 20, 2013
Misallocation of district and taxpayer resources: 34 out of 77 elective classses at the high school had less than 30 students, more than a few had multiple classes. IE: Children's Literature,
2 classes - 27 total students, Entrepreneurship, 2 classes - 20 total students, etc., etc.

As the man who led our school district as high school principal for 13 years, Ron Malone held a special place of trust, authority, and influence in our community; now conclusions of his performance reviews which are open public records, prove that Mr. Malone ran this high school like a union shop, making up classes with scant demand to ensure employment for those whose skills were not in demand. This tactic robbed resources from areas of greater need in the district. Those who suffered the most were the gifted and those in need of early intervention; yielding results
for our school district of "D" grade on gifted intervention and "C" grade on the lowest 20% in achievement from state. What a waste of taxpayers money and student resources!

But No More Status Quo Malone!

Mr. Malone has only been retired since June 30, 2013, and
we are already on our way putting our students first with our school tax dollars...

Number of Dual College Credit Classes availabel when Mr. Malone retired - 0 -

Number of Dual College Credit Classes added AFTER Mr. Malone retired June 30, 2013 - 6 -

Let's stay the course AND build on the progress
made in the past two years of our reform minded
philosophy of Students First While Maintaining
INTEGRITY!

Can Mr. Malone met the challenge of accountability to ALL community Taxpayers as
as Team player among our BOE Professionals and
school district leaders?
Here she goes again

Springboro, OH

#29343 Nov 20, 2013
No - was it on the news? Haha, didn't see that but I'll check it out!

And seeing how Kohls' protégés (and thereby her policies) were soundly defeated at the polls, I think it's pretty clear whom the community has had enough of.

Kelly Kohls has been a dreadful school board president, and the community welcomes the new (and improved!) board! I can't wait to giver her a standing ovation when she leaves!

Oh, I am quite successful in my own right and certainly harbor jealousy toward no one - especially KK - who is a legend in her own mind.
Here she goes again

Springboro, OH

#29344 Nov 20, 2013
Waste Watchers wrote:
Misallocation of district and taxpayer resources: 34 out of 77 elective classses at the high school had less than 30 students, more than a few had multiple classes. IE: Children's Literature,
2 classes - 27 total students, Entrepreneurship, 2 classes - 20 total students, etc., etc.
As the man who led our school district as high school principal for 13 years, Ron Malone held a special place of trust, authority, and influence in our community; now conclusions of his performance reviews which are open public records, prove that Mr. Malone ran this high school like a union shop, making up classes with scant demand to ensure employment for those whose skills were not in demand. This tactic robbed resources from areas of greater need in the district. Those who suffered the most were the gifted and those in need of early intervention; yielding results
for our school district of "D" grade on gifted intervention and "C" grade on the lowest 20% in achievement from state. What a waste of taxpayers money and student resources!
we are already on our way putting our students first with our school tax dollars...
Number of Dual College Credit Classes added AFTER Mr. Malone retired June 30, 2013 - 6 -
INTEGRITY!
Can Mr. Malone met the challenge of accountability to ALL community Taxpayers as
school district leaders?
Thank you so much for all this new information!...Oh wait, nothing new here. In fact I'm pretty sure I've seen this post about 32 times now.
Got Brain Drain

Springboro, OH

#29345 Nov 20, 2013
Here she goes again wrote:
No - was it on the news? Haha, didn't see that but I'll check it out!
And seeing how Kohls' protégés (and thereby her policies) were soundly defeated at the polls, I think it's pretty clear whom the community has had enough of.
Kelly Kohls has been a dreadful school board president, and the community welcomes the new (and improved!) board! I can't wait to giver her a standing ovation when she leaves!
Oh, I am quite successful in my own right and certainly harbor jealousy toward no one - especially KK - who is a legend in her own mind.
...sounds like your dreadful narrow mindedness could certainly
welcome some improvement; but it'll take more than a standing ovation to rise above your low mental capacity. A mind is a
terrible thing to lose to jealousy and envy; don't think
even Dr. Malone has a prescription for that in the board room.
Waste Watchers

Springboro, OH

#29346 Nov 20, 2013

INTEGRITY!

school district leaders?
spin doctor

Springboro, OH

#29347 Nov 21, 2013
jumpin jack flash wrote:
<quoted text>
You are implying that they shouldn't have to pay the going rates for non school union employees.
Not implying that at all. Maybe 35% is justified? Maybe it isn't. Just wondering how charging 35% "helps the children"? Isn't that what it is all about on this blog?
Same Old Status Quo

Springboro, OH

#29348 Nov 21, 2013
Boroman54 wrote:
<quoted text>Your post(s) is another example of the "ole politico motto if you can't say anything to help your candidate bury the truth in manure so the opposite view can't see it. P/R have provided many talking points(i agree with most) and again I challenge you to provide Babbs talking points because I find none - "happy teachers" is not a talking point just a union RaRa cheer.
The above quote is from October 2011, during the school board campaign of pro-union school board candidate, Lisa Babb, VS
the Children's First Budgeting candidates, David Petroni and
Jim Rigano...

Although David Petroni and Jim Rigano were elected as our next two board representatives in November 2011, Lisa Babb and pro-union
activists continues even "Today and in the Future" to lobby "status quo" in the board room for Ron Malone's vote for
revenge AGAINST our school districts winning agenda of putting students best interest first with our school tax dollars,
maintaining QUALITY classroom courses and highly qualified classroom teachers, while living within the guidelines of
our children's first budgeting five year forecast; staying on course raising the bar for ALL students AND teachers.

Guess it's true that "everything OLD of PAST November 2011,
is PRESENT today and in the future of our students' 21st
Century classroom education.

Stay Alert Voters! Taxpayers must hold our new board members,
including Ron Malone, ACCOUNTABLE to TAXPAYERS, holding ALL
board members to the current boards CONTRACT of Renewal levy
saving taxpayers $6.5 million...with NO NEW TAXES!

SOS TO STATUS QUO MALONE... A DEAL IS A DEAL! IF YOU DON'T
ALIGN WITH THE OEA UNION ACTIVISTS WAR OF WORDS AGAINST
SPRINGBORO TAXPAYERS EMOTIONALLY BLACKMAILING TAXPAYERS FOR NEW MONEY TO RUN OUR EDUCATION BUSINESS... then Springboro Taxpayers will not engage in the business of your "insanely popular" politics of personal destruction AGAINST you as an elected
BOE official.
Come Grow With Us

Springboro, OH

#29349 Nov 21, 2013
"Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that ..but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing."
-William Butler Yeats

....in the direction of balance!

Board of Education members are elected to represent the community in the school district.

The board is elected to balance the interests of students, parents, taxpayers, and employees. Many school boards lack balance because they are comprised of people with more allegiance to maintaining a specific establishment than to the greater cause.

In Springboro, blance has been restored. With a new administrative team, the Springboro school district has adopted a mission to "accelerate student achievement and support qualified staff with a balanced budget."

These are not emply words: They summarise actions.
Together, our school leaders have achieved a
blanced budget. Look at Today and the Future:

We are on the right course,
with our school districts' new reform minded
philosophy, but those who oppose putting our students first are forced to re-think their long held beliefs of the past, and still cling in
"FEAR" to their status quo failed practices, and
still spread False Evidence Appearing Real in protests to "re-instate Ron Malone" keeping it just the way it was in the year 2000, when Mr. Malone's professional experience was a better
"fit" with our status quo school district
philosophy.

Special Thanks And Appreciation are due our current board members and new school distirct leaders for the amazing progress made in just the past two years! Special Thanks and Appreciation
are due our school board budget/finance committee members, Mr. David Petroni and Mr. Jim Rigano!
Please know that Springboro families and taxpaying homeowners fully support your Children's first budgeting agenda, doing what's right for all our school children and our community. Your hard work and tireless service helping Springboro be a better place to live, work, learn, and play sports
is appreciated! Thank you for helping keep our schools and community BOTH safe AND affordable!
jumpin jack flash

Dayton, OH

#29350 Nov 21, 2013
spin doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
Not implying that at all. Maybe 35% is justified? Maybe it isn't. Just wondering how charging 35% "helps the children"? Isn't that what it is all about on this blog?
And how is increasing teachers pay, and reduced benefit costs helping the children ? Are you saying teachers will work harder only if they are paid more ? How is that helping the children ?
hello Mr Obvious

Springboro, OH

#29351 Nov 21, 2013
No debate means No choice wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to THANK THE TEACHERS. 50+ students scoring over a 30 is something to be proud of. Most of these kids were attending high school with Dr. Malone at the helm and Mr. Stuckey teaching and still they were able to overcome(lol). Tells you something about how some people have NO IDEA what they are talking about. Those numbers seem pretty PROFICIENT.
lol! How can you possibly forget to give credit where credit is due?
Certainly the majority of these 50+ high school students began learning proper study habits before they graduated from Pampers pull-ups. How does this happen? It's apPARENT!
No debate means No choice

Xenia, OH

#29352 Nov 21, 2013
hello Mr Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly the majority of these 50+ high school students began learning proper study habits before they graduated from Pampers pull-ups. How does this happen? It's apPARENT!
So get rid of the schools and the teachers and we'll all save lot's of tax money. Plus we wouldn't have to deal with KRP on the BOE!

With that logic we could get rid of every college!

Although I don't know too many parents that could handle Algebra 2 without a refresher, let alone AP classes. Sorry, I'll let you get back to your physics paper now.

(I've come to expect this from Pickerington, you must have been home schooled!)

Xenia, OH

#29353 Nov 21, 2013
hello Mr Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
Credit goes to the student, teachers, parents and those of us who fund their education in that order.(I don't think parents spend 7 hours a day teaching thier kids after school).

"It takes a village." - Hillary Clinton
jumpin jack flash

Dayton, OH

#29354 Nov 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Credit goes to the student, teachers, parents and those of us who fund their education in that order.(I don't think parents spend 7 hours a day teaching thier kids after school).
"It takes a village." - Hillary Clinton
"what difference does it make" ----Hillary Clinton

Xenia, OH

#29355 Nov 21, 2013
jumpin jack flash wrote:
<quoted text>
"what difference does it make" ----Hillary Clinton
"Facts are stupid things." - Ronald Reagan

Xenia, OH

#29356 Nov 21, 2013
Well, we went to a new page, must be time for a long post from Pickerington....
jumpin jack flash

Dayton, OH

#29357 Nov 21, 2013
<quoted text>
"Facts are stupid things." - Ronald Reagan
depends what your definition of "is" is-----Bill Clinton

Xenia, OH

#29358 Nov 21, 2013
jumpin jack flash wrote:
<quoted text>
depends what your definition of "is" is-----Bill Clinton
If you're going to quote, please get it right and in context.

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If 'is' means 'is and never has been' that's one thing - if it means 'there is none', that was a completely true statement." - Bill Clinton

(Didn't your parents teach you good study habits?)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mart Crowe (May '12) 10 hr Cincyalso 64
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr True blue 19,387
Concealed carry in Boro's schools - not a matte... (Jul '13) 13 hr taking matters in... 75
How liberal ladies can save lives: 21 hr masterofconcretep... 2
Looking for Prentice Richardson (Aka Buddy) (Apr '12) Thu jjsparks 8
dennis gannon Thu masterofconcretep... 14
LEON HARRISON: Profile of a loser (Aug '13) Thu masterofconcretep... 18
Springboro Dating
Find my Match

Springboro Jobs

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro

Personal Finance