Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,507

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#28672 Nov 3, 2013
No debate means No choice wrote:
<quoted text>
So union's can make your car(s), deliver the energy to your house and entertain you at the theatre and on tv...
But teaching your kids is where you draw the line?
I think the writer said they would never vote for a union backed candidate.

Where did you get anything about teaching out of that comment?

No Debate, logical and coherent arguments please.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#28673 Nov 3, 2013
No debate means No choice wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you work weekends? Did you get paid overtime for over 40 hours a week? Did the bicycle you ride to work comfortable and are you using a generator at your house or union delivered electricity?
Well, the only response I have is to vote for the three candidates who were not involved in dumbing down the high school curriculum.

Vote for Bitner, Vaughn, and Anderson
No debate means No choice

Maineville, OH

#28674 Nov 3, 2013
PARTISAN wrote:
<quoted text>
You a relative of Jimmy Hoffa ? And what part of NO don't you understand ?
Ok, so you have never worked weekends nor over 40 hours with no overtime pay, have never driven a car and have never had electricity to your house. Wait a minute, house may have been built with help of unions so you must live under a rock.

Got it.
partisan

Dayton, OH

#28675 Nov 3, 2013
The only thing you got is a hard on loving the union backed candidates.
No debate means No choice

Maineville, OH

#28676 Nov 3, 2013
partisan wrote:
The only thing you got is a hard on loving the union backed candidates.
Now that's the maturity I've come to expect around here. Are you old enough to vote yet?
partisan

Dayton, OH

#28677 Nov 3, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the only response I have is to vote for the three candidates who were not involved in dumbing down the high school curriculum.
Vote for Bitner, Vaughn, and Anderson
Talked to a friend who knew this particular Anderson from way back then.....he said that particular Anderson was wishy washy on anything that the public wanted to know about school board decisions. HM..sounds like another school board Anderson..IS IT SOMETHING IN THE WATER ?
Water Pollution

Springboro, OH

#28678 Nov 3, 2013
partisan wrote:
<quoted text>
Talked to a friend who knew this particular Anderson from way back then.....he said that particular Anderson was wishy washy on anything that the public wanted to know about school board decisions. HM..sounds like another school board Anderson..IS IT SOMETHING IN THE WATER ?
Nothing in the water. Sounds like politics is dirty business.

...you can go into it clean; but you can't come out clean.
Did You Know

Springboro, OH

#28679 Nov 3, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the only response I have is to vote for the three candidates who were not involved in dumbing down the high school curriculum.
Vote for Bitner, Vaughn, and Anderson
DID YOU KNOW... The Best Ever Response is

ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5th,

DON'T FEEL OBLIGATED TO VOTE FOR THREE!

YOU CAN VOTE FOR JUST TWO!

VOTE FOR DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN FOR
SPRINGBORO SCHOOL BOARD!

If you believe overtaxing the taxpayers is wrong,

If you believe that leveraging school fees, services, personnel decisions, safety, or infrastructure maintenance to threaten families in order to influence regular or levy elections is wrong,

If you believe in order to deliver the highest level of education wemust raise the bar well past the state minimums and strive to challenge our children, parents, and staff to reach higher,

If you believe that the future belongs to technology and support its rational integration into our district's programs,

Then please join other who BELIEVE ....

Look at Today and the Future!

Vote for VICTORY on November 5th for BOTH our Conservative candidates...

David Bitner AND Kolton Vaughn as our next TWO elected
BOE officials in First and Second Place!

There can only be TWO candidates at the top of the leader
board! Every Vote Counts! Please make sure that your one voice counts for BOTH conservative candidates!
Spread The Great News

Springboro, OH

#28680 Nov 3, 2013
Stay Alert Voters! Each one of us in this community has ONE
opportunity to VOTE for only TWO conservative school board candidates, IF we believe that David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn should be elected as the First and Second board representative.

The third "wheel" will be broken, no matter which one of the Threesome of Ron Malone, David Stuckey, or Charles Anderson rolls into third place! Third place winner is just symbolism; no
substance! Why waste a vote trying to influence electing one of the three liberal candidates?

WHY NOT USE JUST TWO VOTES TO BRING VICTORY TO
OUR ONLY TWO CONSERVATIVE CANDIDATES?

VOTE FOR BOTH DAVID BITNER/KOLTON VAUGHN!
YOUR ONLY TWO CONSERVATIVE CANDIDATES WHO MUST
COME IN FIRST AND SECOND!
motorvoter

Mason, OH

#28681 Nov 3, 2013
At a recent school board meeting Kohls/Rigano/Petroni received a report back regarding classes taught by a conspiracy group from someone I can't easily distinguish from this criminal:

www.splcenter.org/blog/2013/11/02/hatewatch-e...
No friends

Springboro, OH

#28682 Nov 3, 2013
Partisan/Parise you have no friends. You are only here for the town to laugh at. Quit making up stuff.
truth to power

Springboro, OH

#28683 Nov 3, 2013
Stay Alert Voters wrote:
<quoted text>
If you watched the TV news last night, then you should know that
Anderson really did not orchestate all of this as a tactic against Bitner and Vaughn, Because....
Our School Board member, David Petroni, spoke to the cameras on the news last night, telling the public why the Paid for by Educate Springboro signs are posted around town.
People in this community were informed that Educate Springboro
spent THEIR money to advance THEIR opinion on who they would
like elected to their school board, "for the children."
Because it is a PAC, Educate Springboro has every right to endorse any candidate, with or without their permission. Long before Educate Springboro's endorsement, I decided I'd vote for Bitner Vaughn and Anderson because Bitner Vaughn and Anderson have valuable private sector business related skills to bring to the board room.
Being lifetime educators, both Malone and Stuckey might be OK at interpreting and making policies. But having no business background neither Malone nor Stuckey has any clue about budgets and five year forecasts.

Vote Bitner Vaughn Anderson
Picture It

Springboro, OH

#28684 Nov 3, 2013
motorvoter wrote:
At a recent school board meeting Kohls/Rigano/Petroni received a report back regarding classes taught by a conspiracy group from someone I can't easily distinguish from this criminal:
www.splcenter.org/blog/2013/11/02/hatewatch-e...
Obviously your biased dark tunnel vision could see only your hatred
and hostility toward school board members Dr. Kohls, Mr. Rigano, and Mr. Petroni.

Those who were there with a broader, reform minded vision,
saw a concerned Springboro parent, who obviously is an independent thinker, presenting a review to our FIVE fabulous board members, school district leaders, and community members, commenting on an
independent study course in which he and his Springboro student had interest.

God Bless America! and May God Bless You!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#28685 Nov 3, 2013
No friends wrote:
Partisan/Parise you have no friends. You are only here for the town to laugh at. Quit making up stuff.
Jobe, just how many alias do you have ? And you are the campaign manager of Malone/stucky/Anderson? You are setting a poor example to the clan you are backing..Keep up the good work...you are getting more votes for others the more you shoot your mouth off.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#28686 Nov 3, 2013
That was some turnout for the big MSA union rally fighting against free speech and the right to voice one's opinion.

Television always covers union rallies, we only wish that more than 70 people would have shown up to fight against our first amendment rights.

In case those fighting the bad fight need a refresher course in basic parts of the Constitution, here it is.

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that comprise the Bill of Rights.
Inquiring Minds

Springboro, OH

#28687 Nov 3, 2013
truth to power wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is a PAC, Educate Springboro has every right to endorse any candidate, with or without their permission. Long before Educate Springboro's endorsement, I decided I'd vote for Bitner Vaughn and Anderson because Bitner Vaughn and Anderson have valuable private sector business related skills to bring to the board room.
Being lifetime educators, both Malone and Stuckey might be OK at interpreting and making policies. But having no business background neither Malone nor Stuckey has any clue about budgets and five year forecasts.
Vote Bitner Vaughn Anderson
Totally Agree with your point about Educate Springboro's rights of endorsement; and I haven't heard anyone around town question that right. I have heard lots of folks questioning the "reason for it all" at this late hour. What was the urgency of driving through the darkness of night proclaiming with expensive signs their
choice of school board candidates?

I have heard lots of people point out, as you have, that they had already decided, from the beginning of the school board campaigns, exactly how they would vote; and I have heard lots of people say they have already voted their choice of one, two, or all three candidates.

Inquiring minds do question exactly What was the Point of two board members making such a big deal about telling the public
their choice of candidates?

Other than slightly bruising the
morale of the Two conservative candidates, who are now being bombarded and badgered and falsely accused by the MSA supporters for pulling this dirty "gotcha" trick on the innocent older gentleman, Mr. Anderson, when everyone knows a more deserving soul than Mr. Anderson cannot be found anywhere in Springboro...?

I did notice that Mr. Anderson had carefully prepared his response
to the TV news, sitting comfortably in his chair with his precious grandchild in sight...everything carefully pre-arranged to play the victim role...

while the Bitner/Vaughn campaign hurriedly tried getting out a press release, and unfortunately, was misquoted by the TV news reporter...

BUT, it is agreed that Educate Springboro has every right...
even if it does cause some of the school board candidates
feel they were wronged.
Inquiring Minds

Springboro, OH

#28688 Nov 3, 2013
IF YOU BELIEVE...

THAT WE MUST ELECT A CONSERVATIVE MAJORITY TO
FILL THE THREE OPEN BOE POSITIONS, THEN VOTE ONLY
FOR BOTH DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN!

On November 5th (or even before)

Don't feel obligated to vote for three!

You CAN vote for just TWO!

VOTE FOR DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN FOR
SPRINGBORO SCHOOL BOARD!
YOUR ONLY TWO CONSERVATIVE CANDIDATES!

It's for our children, our community and toward a better future
for our schools!

VOTE FOR BITNER/VAUGHN!
November 5th, 2013

VOTE FOR RENEWAL LEVY THAT SAVES TAXPAYERS
$6.5 MILLION!

It's for our children, our community and toward a better future for our schools!
No debate means No choice

Maineville, OH

#28689 Nov 3, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
That was some turnout for the big MSA union rally fighting against free speech and the right to voice one's opinion.
Television always covers union rallies, we only wish that more than 70 people would have shown up to fight against our first amendment rights.
In case those fighting the bad fight need a refresher course in basic parts of the Constitution, here it is.
The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.
It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that comprise the Bill of Rights.
It was rally for MSA. Stop your crying and belly aching. Don't those at the rally have a right for their voices to be heard?

PARTISAN, PARTISAN, PARTISAN....
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#28690 Nov 4, 2013
No debate means No choice wrote:
<quoted text>
It was rally for MSA. Stop your crying and belly aching. Don't those at the rally have a right for their voices to be heard?
PARTISAN, PARTISAN, PARTISAN....
No, that is not quite true.

Mr. Malone was crying because others had the gall to have an opinion that did not coincide with his view of the world.

Vote for the three who were not responsible for dumbing down the high school curriculum

Vote Bitner, Vaughn, and Anderson
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#28691 Nov 4, 2013
Now if only Mr. Malone would have taken his TV time to explain why he is running for office instead of crying somebody wants to support Bitner Vaughn and Anderson.

Maybe Mr. Malone could have spoken to the issue of the results of our student's Ohio Achievement Assessment test:

State test results show after 8 years in our districtís educational system, only 32% of our children were able to score 75% or better on Ohio Achievement Assessment math tests.

http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Testing/Stat...

Mr. Malone's standard response to that issue is we were Excellent with Distinction an award earned by having your students score PROFICIENT and above, having students attend school regularly, and your having your students graduation rate.

DEFINITIONS OF PROFICIENT
2013 OHIO ACHIEVEMENT ASSESSMENT TESTS

..........MATH SCORE........READING SCORE

GRADE 3.......... 63%- 71%.........58%- 77%

GRADE 4.......... 47%- 71%.........46%- 65%

GRADE 5.......... 48%- 65%.........51%- 77%

GRADE 6......... 40%- 58%.........37%- 63%

GRADE 7......... 34%- 58%.........44%- 68%

GRADE 8......... 32%- 56%.........48%- 66%

*OGT.......... 41%- 61%.........41%- 63%
*Ohio Graduation Test taken in the spring of the sophomore year

Or Mr. Malone could have explained why he was asleep at the wheel while the the Boosters fund raising he was overseeing for his high school was looted of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Or maybe Mr. Malone could have explained why he did not support early college credit programs that could be earned while kids were still in high school called dual credit programs.

Number of dual credit courses last year BEFORE Mr. Malone retired - 0

Number of dual credit courses this year AFTER Mr. Malone retired - 6

Or Mr. Malone could have explained why he felt that continuing to offer a curriculum laden with low level courses was in the best interest of our students.

The Warren County Education Services Center audit of our program of studies by Mr. Malone's professional education peers noted in both 2010 and 2012 that:

Page 10
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxs0_xA64y_HS...

"Documents provided to the Tactical Assistance Visit Team indicate that contrary to the High Schools That Work* philosophy, SHS believes that offering low level courses is in the best interest of students.≠ This belief, however, WAS NOT SUBSTANTIATED by research or data."

Instead, Mr. Malone chose to whine and protest against somebody else's right to choose the candidates they wish to support.

Vote for the three who did not dumb down the curriculum at the high school.

Vote Bitner, Vaughn, and Anderson

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This is why I am an Ann fan! 9 hr Ann Fan 1
Norman "CHUB" Bowling 10 hr Dayton Taxpayer 4
WPAFB took $4 billion from the real economy! 10 hr The Hack Checker 1
Diversity Perversity (Apr '11) Wed Dayton Taxpayer 6
A "productive" congess... Wed The Hack Checker 3
Despite this Hannity Insanity: Wed The Old Cold Warrior 1
Boro etiquette (Jul '13) Wed near side 11
Springboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:42 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:42PM
Browns face extremely long odds to make playoffs - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:01 PM
Johnny Manziel: 'Last week is in the past'
ESPN 2:46 PM
Browns OC backs Manziel: Not going in tank
NBC Sports 3:50 PM
Bengals heading back into withering spotlight - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 6:32 PM
Week 16 skill-position injury report — Thursday