Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,274

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
School District Voter

Akron, OH

#28287 Oct 26, 2013
partisan wrote:
this is nothing in a community more than school board elections that divide a community. I have already received cold shoulders from neighbors I have know for years over what signs I have in my yard. Sad, very sad.
Stay the Course! It's the business as usual "shunning" of the unionism cult; if you don't fill up the continuous stream of collection plates with unncessary increased taxes; then you are out of fellowship with the good brethren!

Actually I prefer the cold silent treatment to their hot winded war of words in the board room and all over town protesting and demanding Respect.

btw- the New spelling for Respect in unionism indoctrination class is M-O-N-E-Y!

Let's Stay the Course in 2013! At least our signs are still standing!
(last school board election they got pulled up and thrown in
the top of our tree!)!
the decider

Dayton, OH

#28288 Oct 26, 2013
petty people wrote:
MSA Group files complaint against Bitner/Vaughn Campaign
The Bitner/Vaughn campaign has informed Educate Springboro that a complaint was brought against them by Sarah Jobe, Campaign Manager for the Malone, Stuckey, and Anderson school board campaign. The filing by Jobe accuses Bitner and Vaughn of falsely claiming they are incumbent school board members because they neglected to include the word "for" on their campaign signs.
The Bitner and Vaughn campaign issued the following statement. "Mr. Bitner and I have been working to correct the deficiency on our signs and pray that no one other than Ms. Jobe mistakenly believed Mr. Bitner and I were currently school board members."
The tactic of creating a controversy when none should exist has been a staple of Ms. Jobe and other supporters of the MSA group over the last two years with incumbent school board members being the primary target.
How petty can those Malone Stucky people be?
Sara Jobe is sooooo nasty. I have never met someone soo nasty in my whole life. SaraJobe is the Malone campaign manager? Really? Tells me a lot about them. Thugs!
Sarah Jobe reminds me of the brown shirts worn by Hitler's goons just before WW2 started. Jobe is a wicked and soulless creature.
the decider

Dayton, OH

#28289 Oct 26, 2013
petty people wrote:
MSA Group files complaint against Bitner/Vaughn Campaign
The Bitner/Vaughn campaign has informed Educate Springboro that a complaint was brought against them by Sarah Jobe, Campaign Manager for the Malone, Stuckey, and Anderson school board campaign. The filing by Jobe accuses Bitner and Vaughn of falsely claiming they are incumbent school board members because they neglected to include the word "for" on their campaign signs.
The Bitner and Vaughn campaign issued the following statement. "Mr. Bitner and I have been working to correct the deficiency on our signs and pray that no one other than Ms. Jobe mistakenly believed Mr. Bitner and I were currently school board members."
The tactic of creating a controversy when none should exist has been a staple of Ms. Jobe and other supporters of the MSA group over the last two years with incumbent school board members being the primary target.
How petty can those Malone Stucky people be?
Sara Jobe is sooooo nasty. I have never met someone soo nasty in my whole life. SaraJobe is the Malone campaign manager? Really? Tells me a lot about them. Thugs!
sarah jobe is also part of the "good ole boy" clan. She took notes for Bruce Moore,when he was brought into the clan by his other buddy, the mayor, Agenbroad. yeppers...sarah jobe is a wanttabe..has nothing of value to stand on her own two stumps.
Geez

Youngstown, OH

#28290 Oct 26, 2013
Geez, Parise, how many names are you gonna post under?
the decider

Dayton, OH

#28291 Oct 26, 2013
Geez wrote:
Geez, Parise, how many names are you gonna post under?
Jobe, you are clueless as well being a brown shirt.
The Next Day

Amelia, OH

#28292 Oct 26, 2013
Boro Future Bright wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you checked out this fact-based website to expand your understanding of school board candidate Mr. Stuckey?
http://www.ratemyteachers.com/dave-stuckey/22...
Boy, everyone is a little testy. How do you know that I'm not a voter who hasn't made up their mind and simply want some information on those two candidates. Just because I asked about Bitner and Vaughn you assume that I am against them. I know where the other three candidates stand on those two issues. Bittner and Vaughn, I don't.

It's attitudes like yours that cause me to think twice about voting for them. You're doing a horrible job of supporting your candidates. A proper response would have been either sharing what knew about my two questions or simply not responding at all.
The More You Know

Akron, OH

#28293 Oct 26, 2013
The Next Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, everyone is a little testy. How do you know that I'm not a voter who hasn't made up their mind and simply want some information on those two candidates. Just because I asked about Bitner and Vaughn you assume that I am against them. I know where the other three candidates stand on those two issues. Bittner and Vaughn, I don't.
It's attitudes like yours that cause me to think twice about voting for them. You're doing a horrible job of supporting your candidates. A proper response would have been either sharing what knew about my two questions or simply not responding at all.
Or even more proper would be sharing what is known about one of the other three candidates, just in case there are ones reading this blog... that just doesn't know it all.

http://www.ratemyteachers.com/dave-stuckey/22...
The More You Know

Akron, OH

#28294 Oct 26, 2013
The Next Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, everyone is a little testy. How do you know that I'm not a voter who hasn't made up their mind and simply want some information on those two candidates. Just because I asked about Bitner and Vaughn you assume that I am against them. I know where the other three candidates stand on those two issues. Bittner and Vaughn, I don't.
It's attitudes like yours that cause me to think twice about voting for them. You're doing a horrible job of supporting your candidates. A proper response would have been either sharing what knew about my two questions or simply not responding at all.
...Everybody has an attitude or two or more; but it's not

the thought that counts on election day, November 5, 2013.

Every vote counts!

Please join us in voting for DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN!
We believe in order to deliver the highest level of education we must raise the bar well past the state minimums and strive to challenge our children, parents, and staff to reach higher. We can and must do better, our chhildren's future depends on our actions today!

VOTE NOVEMBER 5, 2013 FOR
PARENTS SUPPORTING SPRINGBORO STUDENTS
DAVID BITNER AND KOLTON VAUGHN
IT'S A WIN WIN TICKET FOR ALL STUDENTS, PARENTS,SCHOOL EMPLOYEES,
AND COMMUNITY TAXPAYERS!

Fresh ideas have allowed our district to sustain itself in an uncertain economy with NO new money required!

VOTE NOVEMBER 5, 2013 FOR
RENEWAL LEVY THAT SAVES TAXPAYERS $6.5 MILLION!
Did You Know

Akron, OH

#28295 Oct 26, 2013
The Next Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, everyone is a little testy. How do you know that I'm not a voter who hasn't made up their mind and simply want some information on those two candidates. Just because I asked about Bitner and Vaughn you assume that I am against them. I know where the other three candidates stand on those two issues. Bittner and Vaughn, I don't.
It's attitudes like yours that cause me to think twice about voting for them. You're doing a horrible job of supporting your candidates. A proper response would have been either sharing what knew about my two questions or simply not responding at all.
...a little testy? Did someone say "test?"

DID YOU KNOW:

State test results show after 8 years in our district's educational system, only 32% of our children were able to score 75% or better on Ohio Achievement Assessment math tests????

We can't just invest in the status quo;
We have to invest in a vision of reform.
Our future depends on what we do on November 5th!

VOTE FOR DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN, as our next
TWO school board representatives, who will continue to challenge the status quo where need be....and that's a good thing!
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#28296 Oct 26, 2013
January 2012 Mr. Gene Lolli’s evaluation of Mr. Malone notes:

“Mr. Malone does demonstrate the ability to affect change, but sometimes very reluctantly. It sometimes takes numerous requests by Superintendent before changes are implemented.”

“Mr. Malone needs to improve on getting request goals to the Superintendent in a timely fashion. Examples include: Requested schedule of events for delayed start at the beginning of the year, at semester, and last week and have not yet received.

Also requested times and dates of all staff meetings and quarterly updates on the High Schools That Work per 2011-2012 job targets."

Mr. Malone's good friend and now Superintendent Gene Lolli reported this in January 2012 after he had had a chance to work with Mr. Malone for 1.5 years.

Mr. Malone does not play well with others, even his "friends" note this characteristic lack of effort for the betterment of the team.
School District Voter

Akron, OH

#28297 Oct 27, 2013
DID YOU KNOW...
Only TWO of our school board candidates out of the FIVE who are running for school board election on
November 5, 2013...

are already on board as TEAM PLAYERS with our
current board's reform minded Students First/
Responsibile Budgeting philosophy?

DO YOU BELIEVE....
that leveraging school fees, services, personnel decisions, safety, or infrastructure maintenance to threaten families in order to influence regular or levy elections is wrong?

Look at Today and the Future....
Why not vote YOUR belief on November 5th and join those of us who believe as our TWO school board board candidates....DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN!

If YOU believe as WE believe...
PLEASE JOIN US IN VOTING FOR
DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN
as our next TWO elected
Springboro School Board Members!

On November 5, 2013
Vote YES! YES! for DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN
as our next TWO elected board representatives!

On November 5, 2013
Vote YES! for Renewal levy that saves taxpayers $6.5 million!

It's a win-win ticket for all students first,
quality classroom teachers and school community employees, and our community of taxpayers!
Boro Future Bright

Akron, OH

#28298 Oct 27, 2013
Look at Today and the Future

BITNER/VAUGHN for Springboro School Board

Supports the progress made by our current school board in the past two years!

According to the campaign flyer delivered to my home, the Malone/Stuckey/Anderson Threesome,
if elected, pledges together to "redefine the
role of a school board member."

On November 5th all Voters have to choose between two very different directions affecting our children's future education and our schools and community far beyond the insane polularity of one former high school princiPAL...

Reinstating the dark fear of Past Status Quo...? OR...
Boro Future Bright with the election of
DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN, as our next
TWO reform minded school board representatives!

VOTE BITNER/VAUGHN!
November 5, 2013
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#28299 Oct 27, 2013
Vote Anderson, Bitner, and Vaughn

You might as well select the best options available since three positions will be elected.
Doesnt Play Well With

Lebanon, OH

#28300 Oct 27, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
January 2012 Mr. Gene Lolli’s evaluation of Mr. Malone notes:
“Mr. Malone does demonstrate the ability to affect change, but sometimes very reluctantly. It sometimes takes numerous requests by Superintendent before changes are implemented.”
“Mr. Malone needs to improve on getting request goals to the Superintendent in a timely fashion. Examples include: Requested schedule of events for delayed start at the beginning of the year, at semester, and last week and have not yet received.
Also requested times and dates of all staff meetings and quarterly updates on the High Schools That Work per 2011-2012 job targets."
Mr. Malone's good friend and now Superintendent Gene Lolli reported this in January 2012 after he had had a chance to work with Mr. Malone for 1.5 years.
Mr. Malone does not play well with others, even his "friends" note this characteristic lack of effort for the betterment of the team.
I can only imagine Ron's kindergarten report card noting "does not play well with others". Some things never change no matter how much experience a person gets. Funny that all those people who though Ron and Gene were great buddies, now know what Gene was dealing with in this prima donna. Had he worked for P&G he would have been gone much sooner under far less favorable circumstances.
School District Voter

Akron, OH

#28301 Oct 27, 2013
DID YOU KNOW...
Only TWO of our school board candidates out of the FIVE who are running for school board election on
November 5, 2013...

are already on board as TEAM PLAYERS with our
current board's reform minded Students First/
Responsibile Budgeting philosophy?

DO YOU BELIEVE....
that leveraging school fees, services, personnel decisions, safety, or infrastructure maintenance to threaten families in order to influence regular or levy elections is wrong?

Look at Today and the Future....
Why not vote YOUR belief on November 5th and join those of us who believe as our TWO school board board candidates....DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN!

If YOU believe as WE believe...
PLEASE JOIN US IN VOTING FOR
DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN
as our next TWO elected
Springboro School Board Members!

On November 5, 2013
Vote YES! YES! for DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN
as our next TWO elected board representatives!

On November 5, 2013
Vote YES! for Renewal levy that saves taxpayers $6.5 million!

It's a win-win ticket for all students first,
quality classroom teachers and school community employees, and our community of taxpayers!
School District Voter

Akron, OH

#28302 Oct 27, 2013
This is a pivotal school board election because it will set the direction – either a return to the past with a union controlled school board, or continuing in a fiscally responsible manner ensuring that meeting kids’ educational needs are the first priority. The school board exists to represent the interests of parents and the public providing a check and balance to assure the school system meets the needs of the community.

Parent and community representation are critical. David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn are both parents of children enrolled in Springboro Schools and have committed to making education their top priority, and they are already on board as Team Members with the current board’s support of the “Children First” philosophy.

Two of David’s and Kolton’s opponents – Ron Malone, former high school principal and David Stuckey a former teacher – retired this last year. Electing these two and their partner Charles Anderson would create a school board where none of the 5 members is parent with children enrolled in school. It would be monolithic board of 5 old men. The time has now come to
elect a couple of men with young kids to the board. The school district already has 400 employees with Education background and experience.

Unions are doing to public education what they have done to GM and Crysler. Quality of education is declining as the unions force more money into compensation and away from improving the product – highly educated children. The result is persistent requests for additional taxes as the school system’s resources are drained.

Our board has been able to strike a balance that is sustainable, but negotiations will begin again in March 2015. The teacher’s union supports the Malone, Stuckey, Anderson ticket and hopes to get two very friendly allies on the school board. It is important to have Bitner and Vaughn on the board as advocates for parents and children during the next round of negotiations. A union controlled board will place priority on meeting the desires of its members.

I hope you are as tired of the controversy surrounding the school board as I am. The controversy has been exaggerated by MSA’s supporters to gain advantage and influence this election against the incumbent board members. The best way to move beyond the controversy is to not perpetuate it by electing one side then the next repeatedly. Bitner and Vaughn are independent thinkers without allegiance to any faction. Let’s end the controversy by electing them.

VOTE NOVEMBER 5th
FOR NON-UNION CONTROLLED
BOARD OF EDUCATION CANDIDATES
VOTE FOR DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN
AS OUR NEXT TWO ELECTED BOARD REPRESENTATIVES!
Boro Resident

Dayton, OH

#28303 Oct 27, 2013
Recently one of my voting age kids informed me she was confronted by a pushy lady who told her that she needed to get her registered to vote for Malone/Stuckey/Anderson. The person was aggressive and telling her who to vote for. My child said that lady had no idea that she has been registered to vote and voted in every election since turning 18 and quite capable of making her own political decisions. She didn't even bother to first ask my child if she was a registered voter, rather started off with telling her what to do. My child also said "that lady follows school board members around and that's just creepy!" Interestingly, when the recent scheme of Sara Jobe against candidates Bitner and Vaughn was reported in the DDN, my child said "that is the woman, Mom!" I have to agree with my child, Jobe is "creepy". And she is Malone's campaign manager...

If this is the type of people Malone chooses to place in leadership positions it really makes me question his judgment and his candidacy.
Scary Boro Boo Boo

Akron, OH

#28304 Oct 27, 2013
Boro Resident wrote:
Recently one of my voting age kids informed me she was confronted by a pushy lady who told her that she needed to get her registered to vote for Malone/Stuckey/Anderson. The person was aggressive and telling her who to vote for. My child said that lady had no idea that she has been registered to vote and voted in every election since turning 18 and quite capable of making her own political decisions. She didn't even bother to first ask my child if she was a registered voter, rather started off with telling her what to do. My child also said "that lady follows school board members around and that's just creepy!" Interestingly, when the recent scheme of Sara Jobe against candidates Bitner and Vaughn was reported in the DDN, my child said "that is the woman, Mom!" I have to agree with my child, Jobe is "creepy". And she is Malone's campaign manager...
If this is the type of people Malone chooses to place in leadership positions it really makes me question his judgment and his candidacy.
Scary Sara behaves as if she is constantly on location filming
"girls behaving badly" as she models bad behavior all over town in front of our children and community members; and in front of the
TV cameras in the board room! Imagine what we are in store for when the false god of education Ron Malone and his side kick Stucky boy are seated on the throne in the BOE bully pulpit?

Too Scary to think about! Then DON'T let it happen!

ON NOVEMBER 5th, VOTE ONLY FOR
DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN!
Parents Supporting Springboro Students!
Great Role Models for our School and Community!
Geez

Youngstown, OH

#28305 Oct 27, 2013
Cut it out Parise....everyone knows it is you ....we can only laugh so long, please our sides are aching....
No debate means No choice

Maineville, OH

#28306 Oct 27, 2013
petty people wrote:
MSA Group files complaint against Bitner/Vaughn Campaign
The Bitner/Vaughn campaign has informed Educate Springboro that a complaint was brought against them by Sarah Jobe, Campaign Manager for the Malone, Stuckey, and Anderson school board campaign. The filing by Jobe accuses Bitner and Vaughn of falsely claiming they are incumbent school board members because they neglected to include the word "for" on their campaign signs.
The Bitner and Vaughn campaign issued the following statement. "Mr. Bitner and I have been working to correct the deficiency on our signs and pray that no one other than Ms. Jobe mistakenly believed Mr. Bitner and I were currently school board members."
The tactic of creating a controversy when none should exist has been a staple of Ms. Jobe and other supporters of the MSA group over the last two years with incumbent school board members being the primary target.
How petty can those Malone Stucky people be?
Sara Jobe is sooooo nasty. I have never met someone soo nasty in my whole life. SaraJobe is the Malone campaign manager? Really? Tells me a lot about them. Thugs!
Petty, but still AGAINST THE LAW. How can they be trusted to make decisions over contracts and budgets when they cant follow simple election standards?? At least MSA put some one in charge of the signs who knew how to print them correctly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr PASStyme2retireUR... 31,129
"Is there an ISIS crisis at levy time?" 9 hr Leon Harrison 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr Chuck 19,222
ING is now Yoya, a brand-new investment and ret... 14 hr Leon Harison 3
This is your lucky Monday! 14 hr Leon Harison 7
Riverside Police (Sep '11) Sat Do Something 22
Concealed carry in Boro's schools - not a matte... (Jul '13) Sat Master Grand 71
•••
•••
Springboro Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Springboro Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••