Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments
27,461 - 27,480 of 31,133 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
No debate means No choice

Xenia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Remember in November wrote:
<quoted text>
Special Thanks to David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn for having the wisdom of protecting themselves against the pre-planned participation of SEA bullying and ridicule, which no doubt was the only reason for the Mayor of oppressive unionism to try gathering Bitner/Vaughn together with the union school board candidates -- No doubt several Boro Alumni, our treasures dressed in black, were hoping for a repeat of the Re-instate Ron Malone protest of March 2012 -- No doubt these treasured ones have already washed up their black tee-shirts -- and ready to pounce upon Mr. Bitner and Mr. Vaughn interrogating which one is lying about the proposed five-year renewal levy reduction.... blah, blah, blah.....
David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn have EARNED my vote by refusing
to join the SEA fiery ring of ridicule of our Children First....
Stay the Course in 2013!
Vote ONLY for the ONLY two
Students First/Responsible Budgeting
Parents Representing Parents
school board candidates,
DAVID BITNER AND KOLTON VAUGHN
who should be elected as our
next TWO school board representatives.
Vote November 5th for BITNER/VAUGHN!
Never heard of anyone earning anything by doing nothing.

I guess you also would not be for pre-planned participation at BOE meetings or for B/V to have ANYTHING to do with the SEA once elected (which will NOT happen).
Lerxst

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

No debate means No choice wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you looked at whose currently sitting in our white house?
polluted waters

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

It's rare to see candidates speak out of both sides of their mouths in the SAME ARTICLE. The article in today's DDN sites B/V as saying:
“The tone and tenor of the forum appears to be more about ‘adult centric’ side issues in education in Springboro. While I am sure your fellow members are anxious to hear our thoughts, we do not believe this forum will advance our campaign in the direction we wish to pursue,” Vaughn said in a message to the union posted on their campaign web site." as a reason not to involve themselves in the debate tonight.
Then not 2 paragarphs later they say:
“Mr. Bitner and I feel a good idea can come from anywhere,” Vaughn said in an email Monday.“To decide not to work with a person or an organization would shut us off from their point of views, experiences, and ideas. Mr. Bitner and I feel the ability to make reasonable, rational, and responsible decisions comes from considering the diverse viewpoints of those interested in promoting a better education for the children of this district.”
So isn't their refusal to come to a debate put on by the SEA actually not working with them? I believe that by their own words that Bitner and Vaughn have "shut us(themselves) off from their (SEA/other candidates) point of views, experiences, and ideas."
Bitner and Vaughn very likely don't see an advantage in compromising more than two year's worth of legitimate progress in this district, merely for the sake of singing kumbaya with the "point of views"(sic) of a grossly corrupted SEA, as well as corrupted school board candidates endorsed by the SEA.
Fake Debate means choice

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

I am sure the debate would be fair.
Questions one to Mr. Malone; You are obviously accomplished so much during your time as the HS principle, please explain to Mr. Bitner and Mr. Vaughn why Kelly Kohl’s is the devil.
Question two to Mr. Bitner; please explain how you would personally teach creationism in the classroom.
Question three to Mr. Vaughn; please explain how you would force teachers to carry ak-47’s and conduct strip searches on students.

I wonder what DDN and Lame Bud will print tomorrow? Maybe after their meeting with the MSA machine we will find out something new about the Bitner and Vaughn guys.
Remember in November

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I guess you also would not be for pre-planned participation at BOE meetings or for B/V to have ANYTHING to do with the SEA once elected (which will NOT happen).
The way I see it, saying NO to the invitation extended by the SEA officer, Sarah Thornbery, IS doing something extra-ordinary!
Simply put, it means to voters that David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn
are the only TWO school board candidates that, when elected, will serve the students first through responsible budgeting, and just say NO when it's necessary, instead of just going along to get along.

School board candidate, Ron Malone, who has been a high school principal for the PAST 13 years, has never had the professional educator's leadership expertise to say YES to our Students First best interest; and never had the desire to say NO to the SEA Union First best interest.

Just remember in Novmeber to participate at the polls and Just remember to say YES to Students First school board candidates,
David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn AND YES to reduced renewal levy for our Children First!

It's a winning ticket for all students, teachers, parents, AND
Springboro Taxpayers!
Taking it to the people

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

I just saw this on the Bitner and Vaughn website:

Press Release:

David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn are excited to announce a meet and greet with the entire community of Springboro from 6:30 until 8:30 on Monday, October 21, 2013

http://supportborostudents.com/index.php/pres...
Remember in November

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Taking it to the people wrote:
Press Release:
David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn are excited to announce a meet and greet with the entire community of Springboro from 6:30 until 8:30 on Monday, October 21, 2013
Please come meet these two young men who are the only
TWO Students First/Responsible Budgeting school board candidates, who should be our next TWO elected BOE representatives!

Our family met David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn at the meet and greet last month, and we are encouraged by their committment to ensuring that the children of the Springboro community receive an excellent education, while keeping the costs of that education
affordable, by carefully adhering to responsible spending!

Fresh ideas have allowed our district to sustain itself in an uncertain economy with NO new money required; the proposed renewal reduces taxes and supports our schools! Our school children deserve school district leaders and board representatives who will continue to challenge the status quo where need be...
Not long ago, our school superintendent stated in a DDN article:
"Where the board's at right now is wanting the highest academic
achievement and fiscal responsibility; and that's what I stand
for!" Our Students First/Responsibile Budgeting school board candidates, David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn, are already on board with our current board and school district leaders reform minded philosophy, and a perfect fit to lead our children's 21st century education. Come meet David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn!
Spread the Great News!
Vote Yes for Renewal Levy!
Vote Yes/Yes for Bitner/Vaughn!
Parents Representing Parents!
Students First/Responsible Budgeting!
November 5, 2013.

Maineville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Lerxst wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you looked at whose currently sitting in our white house?
Yes, and the senate and congress as well.....your point is?
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>'
Also if you would look at Doug's post, it states "January 2013 notes "only 43% of the Springboro High School students have completed the High Schools That Work recommended curriculum (Ohio Core), a 34% DECREASE from 2008."
It was a 34% decrease. That means that in 2008 and before we had 77%. It has fallen 34% in the past 5 years, under the current BOE.
Where was the BOE during this time? Were they not aware of this? Do they not hold ANY responsibilty?
The students who took the test in 2012 would have just been entering high school in 2008, why are we not posting any blame on the Junior High Principal?

You really are bad at math now aren't you.

20% now in early college credit programs

43% DECREASE from 2008

35% in 2008

How do I know this?

35% x 43%= 15%

35%-15%= 20%

Participation in early college credit programs wasn't great then and had fallen further, by 43%, since 2008. The Warren County Education Service Center has been red flagging this precipitous fall since the 2007, encouraging Springboro High School to step up the program like everyone else was doing.

For whatever reason Mr. Malone felt bound and determined to drive this ship the other direction.

Page 10 January 2013 report
https://docs.google.com/a/springboro.org/file...

Across the board we see an consistent year in and year out erosion of the strength of our curriculum.

Once again, not my words, but the conclusions of Mr. Malone's professional peers at the Warren County Education Service Center whose audit represented the High Schools That Work program.

Who influenced those decisions and provided the necessary leadership to take our curriculum to a weaker state?

Mr. Malone

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

this is a prime example of yellow poltics and journalism why dont we put fish and tnt them this shows the same reason that US congress is a mess
lets apease the john Q by putting on a show stack to our view moderator questions drawen up by one side and covered by a one side press pizza late in the nite but they are getting paid LOL
It's rare to see candidates speak out of both sides of their mouths in the SAME ARTICLE. The article in today's DDN sites B/V as saying:
“The tone and tenor of the forum appears to be more about ‘adult centric’ side issues in education in Springboro. While I am sure your fellow members are anxious to hear our thoughts, we do not believe this forum will advance our campaign in the direction we wish to pursue,” Vaughn said in a message to the union posted on their campaign web site." as a reason not to involve themselves in the debate tonight.
Then not 2 paragarphs later they say:
“Mr. Bitner and I feel a good idea can come from anywhere,” Vaughn said in an email Monday.“To decide not to work with a person or an organization would shut us off from their point of views, experiences, and ideas. Mr. Bitner and I feel the ability to make reasonable, rational, and responsible decisions comes from considering the diverse viewpoints of those interested in promoting a better education for the children of this district.”
So isn't their refusal to come to a debate put on by the SEA actually not working with them? I believe that by their own words that Bitner and Vaughn have "shut us(themselves) off from their (SEA/other candidates) point of views, experiences, and ideas."
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

boroson54 wrote:
this is a prime example of yellow poltics and journalism why dont we put fish and tnt them this shows the same reason that US congress is a mess
lets apease the john Q by putting on a show stack to our view moderator questions drawen up by one side and covered by a one side press pizza late in the nite but they are getting paid LOL
<quoted text>
Last night at the SEA question and answer session there were but 73 people in attendance.

That actual demonstration of interest in the union's slate of candidates belies the Dayton Daily News bold headline article of the importance of the forum.
BESAFE

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

As we speak, WADE is tryin to cut-a-deal with the prosecutors to get out of the mess he is in. The sad part is that he is using TAXPAYERS MONEY to the mess HE created. This is wrong.

On the other hand, do you realize that when we get rid of WADE and LAMB then the township, with LINDA ODA, & Anspach will FINALLY be rid of the embarrassment (including PICKETT, WILHELM & KIDD) and get our community back together.

I am getting excited just thinking about this! PLEASE TELL OTHERS TO JOIN IN THE CELEBRATION!
Students First

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
43% DECREASE from 2008
35% in 2008
How do I know this?
35% x 43%= 15%
35%-15%= 20%
Participation in early college credit programs wasn't great then and had fallen further, by 43%, since 2008. The Warren County Education Service Center has been red flagging this precipitous fall since the 2007, encouraging Springboro High School to step up the program like everyone else was doing.
For whatever reason Mr. Malone felt bound and determined to drive this ship the other direction.
Across the board we see an consistent year in and year out erosion of the strength of our curriculum.
Once again, not my words, but the conclusions of Mr. Malone's professional peers at the Warren County Education Service Center whose audit represented the High Schools That Work program.
Who influenced those decisions and provided the necessary leadership to take our curriculum to a weaker state?
Mr. Malone
As to the point that was made - which of course, you totally ignore...this decrease that you reiterate over and over again happened on the current BOE's watch....yet they hold no responsibility whatsoever? So, take credit for things, but no blame? Yep, sounds like the current BOE majority.
Students First

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Taking it to the people wrote:
Press Release:
Hmmm....the forum is being held at Paul Music's place? Reason enough not to vote for them if he is supporting them.
Last nights forum

Englewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Does anybody know why there is not a follow up story from yesterday's article in the Dayton Daily News about the Springboro School Board candidate forum?
Bias means no story

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Last nights forum wrote:
Does anybody know why there is not a follow up story from yesterday's article in the Dayton Daily News about the Springboro School Board candidate forum?
How could Larry Budd write a story that incites controversy in a community he hates when the only candidates that respond are the candidates he supports? Don't you know they can do no wrong in Larry Budd's eyes? I'm just surprised he didn't write a story about how the ocean parted to let those three walk through the door.

Xenia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
43% DECREASE from 2008
35% in 2008
How do I know this?
35% x 43%= 15%
35%-15%= 20%
Mr. Malone
You're beating a dead horse. You need to be comparative to the other schools in the state. Keep riding that dead horse and see how far you get.

What about the number of AP classes dropping (mostly because teachers qualified to teach them have left). Isn't the BOE hiring cheaper, less experienced teachers affecting the number of AP classes we offer? The micro-management style of the current BOE does give them culpability in the situation.

You know what you need for extra AP classes and qualified teachers...money. Asking for the full amount of the renewal might have helped in that plight.
BETRUE

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Bias means no story wrote:
<quoted text>
How could Larry Budd write a story that incites controversy in a community he hates when the only candidates that respond are the candidates he supports? Don't you know they can do no wrong in Larry Budd's eyes? I'm just surprised he didn't write a story about how the ocean parted to let those three walk through the door.
Larry Budd is a piece of work. He not only slants a story to his liking, he downgrades individuals that DO THE RIGHT THING. No wonder the DDN is the MOST hated newspaper. Time to get REAL reporters and get rid of the negative people.
Celebrate Our success

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Students First wrote:
<quoted text>
As to the point that was made - which of course, you totally ignore...this decrease that you reiterate over and over again happened on the current BOE's watch....yet they hold no responsibility whatsoever? So, take credit for things, but no blame? Yep, sounds like the current BOE majority.
Why not stop the blame game and move ahead in the direction of
celebration and appreciation of the absolutely amazing accomplishments that our Children's First BOE majority has been able to accomplish in just less than two years!

Truth be told, our BOE Children First majority's reform minded philosophy has done More,More,More for our Children's First best interest (in less than two years) than school board candidate, Ron Malone, who has been a high school princiPAL, has done in the PAST 13 years, putting Union-First WANTS of More,More,More self-interest financial gain ahead of our Students First academic NEEDS.

Just say NO to Malone status quo!

Vote YES for Reduced Renewal Levy...in the direction of financial sustainability, ensuring a quality 21st century classroom education for all students!

Vote YES! YES! for the only TWO Responsible Budgeting school board candidates who should be elected as our next TWO board representatives!

Only David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn are a good fit with our current board's fiscal responsibility agenda. Our school superintendent has stated in the Dayton Daily News:
"Where the board's at right now is wanting the highest academic achievement and fiscal responsibility;that's what I stand for."

David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn are the ONLY two school board candidates who have the WILL and the SKILL to stand with our current board and school district leaders for Students First/Responsible Budgeting!
Vote November 5, 2013 for
David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn
Parents Representing Parents

...Moving ahead in support of the fresh ideas (of our current board's reform minded philosophy) that have allowed our district to sustain itself in an uncertain economy with NO new money required!... And That's Absolutely Awesome and Amazing!
greener pastures

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Bias means no story wrote:
<quoted text>
Your inherent mistake is that after years and years of slant and distortion you still choose to pay attention to Larry Budd. Do like I did. Cancel your DDN subscription, then call the editor of the DDN and explain exactly WHY you cancelled.

A greener, somewhat less politically bias pasture is within reasonable reach. Once or twice a week when we're in Franklin for something we'll pick up an Enquirer. Or you could subscribe to Cincinnati Enquirer online.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Springboro Forum right now

Search the Springboro Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 29,225
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 3 hr d pantz 2,217
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr bannedagain3 18,551
Christopher Lee Mullins (Jan '10) 15 hr the best 6
BHO asleep at the wheel 17 hr CMS 1
Michael Bloomturd has landed in Tel Aviv! 22 hr Leon Harrison 3
Idea - convert tennis courts in front of Sycamo... Thu proactive idea 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Springboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••