Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments (Page 1,372)

Showing posts 27,421 - 27,440 of31,009
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

I am actively helping to replace our local councilman (the mayor's neighbor) with fresh blood, a successful businessman. Time to remove cronies with dumb campaign signs.
No Turning Back

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Let's stay focused on putting Children First.
It's for our children, our community and toward a better future for our schools!

Fresh ideas have allowed our district to sustain itself in an uncertain economy with NO new money required.

Look at Today and the Future!

Renewal levy saves taxpayers $6.5 million over the five year life of the levy, while continuing to generate surplus.

Reduced school fees, lower pay to participate fees, busing restored, staff cuts reversed, long neglected building and ground maintenance funded.

Efficiency plans reallocate resources from under utilized programs to gifted and early intervention.
PUTTING MONEY WHERE IT IS NEEDED!

District run preschool instead of outsourcing, saving $132,000 each year. Analyzing data to expose "Proficient" as failing. Raising the bar for students and teachers.

Adding ACT/College Essentials class, balancing class sizes, and strengthening our curriculum. Emphasizing early college credit programs through the high school, Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO), Advanced Placement, and Dual Credit courses.

Coordinated technology plan with wireless access for every building, laptops to every teacher, and more than 1100 new computers.

WHY WOULD OUR COMMUNITY WISH TO GO BACK?

If you agree with putting Children First
visit http://educatespringboro.org
Share this informaton with others....
No Turning Back

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Just A Thought wrote:
If Malone and Stuckey are voted in and there is a three way tie for third, people voting Bitner/Vaughn/Anderson will give Anderson the advantage. Not a great strategy. We need at least Bitner or Vaughn, preferably both, both so it doesn't return to the days of old with adults first, deficits, and unneeded levies. Let the MSA pull from each other and VOTE ONLY FOR BITNER AND VAUGHN!
Very much worth repeating... share this information and vote Bitner/Vaughn only! Our children deserve a Students First/Responsible Budgeting 4-1 board majority! And that's just what voting for the only TWO students first school board candidates will deliver on November 5, 2013.
No Turning Back

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Remember in November to vote Students First only...

Why would our community wish to go back to the failed practices of previous union controlled school boards?

Look at the Past...

- Fees raised, busing cut, staff reduced, and maintenance deferred.

- "D" grade on gifted intervention and "C" grade on the lowest 20% in achievement from state.

- Standard of meiocrity - from contracting out our preschool services to accepting "Proficient" as an acceptable test score.

- Weakened curriculum in high school program, fewer students taking advantage of Advanced Placement and other early college credit opportunities.

- Ignored new state testing mandate for technology. Neglected instructional technology.

Remember in November that school board candidate Ron Malone has publicly told voters in a two page interview in Springboro Life magazine that he realizes his past 41 years of educational experience is not a good FIT with our current board's reform minded philosophy.

Voters in this community need to Remember in November Ron Malone's history of service to our students; and ask themselves: will history repeat itself with the election of a union controlled school board on November 5?
Get Real

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
And exactly how would you like him to earn your vote?
Earn is to receive as return for effort and especially for work done or services rendered.
I would think mowing your lawn would be sufficient, but if that is not enough perhaps you have some laundry that needs washing.
Light on the starch?
No, Mr. Wiedeman, I would not like any one of the three union first school board candidates to mow my lawn, nor do some laundry, nor render services running for school board election against our Children First.

That's why I am voting only for Students First/Responsible Budgeting 4-1 victory on November 5, 2013, by casting my vote
for David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn.

I am not voting for either of the union first school board candidates (Malone/Stuckey/Anderson) because that would be a vote AGAINST our Children First.

Only those who support Union First school board candidates should vote for the third school board representative, one of which, will be either Malone,Stuckey,Anderson.

Please join those of us who trust in our current board's financial expertise and stay the course in the direction of a quality 21st Century classroom education. The future of our schools and community depends upon a 4-1 Students First BOE majority of elected officials.

VOTE NOVEMBER 5, 2013 for DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN!
Parents Representing Parents
Students First
Responsible Budgeting
A Winning Ticket for All our Students, School Employees, and Taxpaying Community members!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

anyone needing info or yard signs for Ward 4 candidate Randy Watkins, let me know. I have them both. Time to clean house on city council this time around.
REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

VOTE NOVEMBER 5, 2013 for DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN ONLY!

Students First
Responsible Budgeting

A Winning Ticket for All our Students, School Employees, and Taxpaying Community members!
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Mr. Wiedeman, I would not like any one of the three union first school board candidates to mow my lawn, nor do some laundry, nor render services running for school board election against our Children First.
That's why I am voting only for Students First/Responsible Budgeting 4-1 victory on November 5, 2013, by casting my vote
for David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn.
I am not voting for either of the union first school board candidates (Malone/Stuckey/Anderson) because that would be a vote AGAINST our Children First.
Only those who support Union First school board candidates should vote for the third school board representative, one of which, will be either Malone,Stuckey,Anderson.
Please join those of us who trust in our current board's financial expertise and stay the course in the direction of a quality 21st Century classroom education. The future of our schools and community depends upon a 4-1 Students First BOE majority of elected officials.
VOTE NOVEMBER 5, 2013 for DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN!
Students First
Responsible Budgeting
While I concur with your picks of Mr. Bitner and Mr. Vaughn, I must remind you that three will be elected.

Mr. Anderson by all accounts is a decent man who has built a reputable business in our community .
He has served in the past on our school board and asks to serve yet again. Given his financial, business, and community acumen I would think he is someone who would serve us all well.

Add the third for Mr. Anderson
Do Not Support Greed

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

Vote for BITNER and VAUGHN ONLY! Don't chance the loss of all that has been accomplished over the last couple of years by voting for any other candidates. All 3 of the others believe the school board should have requested the full levy renewal amount even after all of the needs have been met with the reduced renewal amount. That kind of greed should not be supported.
inside track

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

An exerpt from Educate Springboro's "In the Direction of Truth"...

"When someone asks you to look at things in a new way to entertain the idea that the truth is not what you thought it was it is normal to fight it. That is why this board made transparency and debate a cornerstone of all we do."

This statement also explains much of the reason behind why Students First candidates Bitner and Vaughn don't have much interest in participating in debate with Malone.

The term "transparent" ought to never be applied to former high school principals who made it a habit to either bury or destroy records.
Get Real

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
While I concur with your picks of Mr. Bitner and Mr. Vaughn, I must remind you that three will be elected.
Mr. Anderson by all accounts is a decent man who has built a reputable business in our community .
He has served in the past on our school board and asks to serve yet again. Given his financial, business, and community acumen I would think he is someone who would serve us all well.
I am well aware that three will be elected; While I concur with your picks of Mr. Bitner and Mr. Vaughn, I must remind you that a vote for Mr. Anderson is a vote against Mr. Bitner and Mr. Vaughn.

Of course, it is your vote, your choice to vote AGAINST our Children First. But I must remind you, to do so, puts at risk our children's future, because voting for Mr. Anderson increases the odds that Mr. Malone, Mr.Stuckey, Mr.Anderson will have the legal opportunity, as the BOE majority, to answer your question:
HOW WOULD A UNION BOARD MAJORITY USE YOUR TAX DOLLARS?

Maintaining a 4-1 Children's First Budgeting BOE majority is a MUST for our future financial stability and we MUST vote on November 5, 2013, for the only TWO children's first budgeting school board candidates, DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN.
cmon John

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

John Parise wrote:
<quoted text>...the reason I will vote no is simply because if the candidates with the black signs win, we will start to see an unrelenting series of levies put back on ballot like before...I do not want to go back to those days..
Regarding your point of what's likely to happen if Malone Stuckey and Anderson wins, I don't disagree with you.

However it's important to consider the ongoing needs of this district's schools. This November's school levy is a RENEWAL levy. It isn't a SUPPLEMENTAL levy.

So thus, this renewal levy is a request for continuance of taxes we've already been paying, minus a 15% ROLLBACK which was agreed to by the Boro board of education. This 15% rollback goes directly back to district taxpayers.

Here's the absolute worst case scenario:
The renewal levy fails.
Malone, Stuckey and Anderson all win.
The aftermath?
Failure of this November renewal levy would give a Malone-Stuckey-Anderson dominated school board would have JUST ANOTHER EXCUSE to put school levys on the ballot, with millage out the wazoo!!
And no! I'm won't be placing wagers that a future school board dominated by union interests would agree to returning a 15% rollback to district property owners!

Vote YES for school levy !
please clarify

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Do Not Support Greed wrote:
Vote for BITNER and VAUGHN ONLY!

All 3 of the others believe the school board should have requested the full levy renewal amount even after all of the needs have been met with the reduced renewal amount. That kind of greed should not be supported.
If you will, please explain exactly how you were made aware that Charles Anderson... "...believe(s) the school board should have requested the full levy renewal amount...".
Remember in November

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Do Not Support Greed wrote:
Vote for BITNER and VAUGHN ONLY! Don't chance the loss of all that has been accomplished over the last couple of years by voting for any other candidates. All 3 of the others believe the school board should have requested the full levy renewal amount even after all of the needs have been met with the reduced renewal amount. That kind of greed should not be supported.
Very Much Worth Repeating! Do Not Support Greed!

Spread the great news that a 4-1 Children's First Budgeting BOE majority can only be made possible by voting ONLY for the ONLY
TWO school board candidates, who are already on board with our current board's new reform-minded philosophy, putting the needs of our children first with our tax dollars!

Vote for Charles Bitner and Kolton Vaughn on November 5, 2013,
who are the only two school board candidates whose leadership
agenda is a good fit with the needs of our children's quality 21st century classroom education.... and beyond!

Vote for Charles Bitner/Kolton Vaughn
Students First/Responsible Budgeting
November 5, 2013

It's a Winning Ticket for keeping our 4-1 Children's First Budgeting BOE Majority!
Do Not Support Greed

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

please clarify wrote:
<quoted text>
If you will, please explain exactly how you were made aware that Charles Anderson... "...believe(s) the school board should have requested the full levy renewal amount...".
Dayton Daily News published questions submitted to the candidates and the candidates answers.

http://vote.daytondailynews.com/candidate-det...

You must pick at least two to see and compare their answers.

Charles Anderson plainly states that we should have planned for the full renewal.
Truth Seeker

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

It seems to me that a vote for the teachers union supported candidates of Malone/Stuckey/Anderson would be like Congress voting for their own raises and benefits...and we have seen how disastrous that arrangement has been over the years. The conflict of interest is too great to expect we would see a good outcome. Personally, I applaud the innovation and improvements the current board majority has implemented and believe we should stay the course by voting only for Bitner and Vaughn.
Non Partisan

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

Truth Seeker wrote:
It seems to me that a vote for the teachers union supported candidates of Malone/Stuckey/Anderson would be like Congress voting for their own raises and benefits...and we have seen how disastrous that arrangement has been over the years. The conflict of interest is too great to expect we would see a good outcome. Personally, I applaud the innovation and improvements the current board majority has implemented and believe we should stay the course by voting only for Bitner and Vaughn.
How would a union controlled school board use your tax dollars?

"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustrice and wrong which will be imposed upon them." -Frederick Douglass
Get Real

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
To compel a man to furnish contributions of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
-Thomas Jefferson

As for me and my household of voters, we will vote only for the
only TWO school board candidates that we believe are the best fit
to get the job done right.

VOTE NOVEMBER 5, 2013, FOR THE TWO SCHOOL BOARD CANDIDATES,
DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN, WHO SHOULD BE ELECTED OUR
NEXT TWO BOARD REPRESENTATIVES.
Remember in November

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

Very Much Worth Repeating! Do Not Support Greed!

Spread the great news that a 4-1 Children's First Budgeting BOE majority can only be made possible by voting ONLY for the ONLY
TWO school board candidates, who are already on board with our current board's new reform-minded philosophy, putting the needs of our children first with our tax dollars!

Vote for Charles Bitner and Kolton Vaughn on November 5, 2013,
who are the only two school board candidates whose leadership
agenda is a good fit with the needs of our children's quality 21st century classroom education.... and beyond!

Vote for Charles Bitner/Kolton Vaughn
Students First/Responsible Budgeting
November 5, 2013

It's a Winning Ticket for keeping our 4-1 Children's First Budgeting BOE Majority!
No turning Back

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

Let's stay focused on putting Children First.
It's for our children, our community and toward a better future for our schools!

Fresh ideas have allowed our district to sustain itself in an uncertain economy with NO new money required.

Look at Today and the Future!

Renewal levy saves taxpayers $6.5 million over the five year life of the levy, while continuing to generate surplus.

Reduced school fees, lower pay to participate fees, busing restored, staff cuts reversed, long neglected building and ground maintenance funded.

Efficiency plans reallocate resources from under utilized programs to gifted and early intervention.
PUTTING MONEY WHERE IT IS NEEDED!

District run preschool instead of outsourcing, saving $132,000 each year. Analyzing data to expose "Proficient" as failing. Raising the bar for students and teachers.

Adding ACT/College Essentials class, balancing class sizes, and strengthening our curriculum. Emphasizing early college credit programs through the high school, Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO), Advanced Placement, and Dual Credit courses.

Coordinated technology plan with wireless access for every building, laptops to every teacher, and more than 1100 new computers.

WHY WOULD OUR COMMUNITY WISH TO GO BACK?

If you agree with putting Children First
visit http://educatespringboro.org
Share this informaton with others....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 27,421 - 27,440 of31,009
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springboro Discussions

Search the Springboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr lazy bones 28,592
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr gertrud 227
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Chet Booswahnicki 18,495
The Fed is dumping illegals. 18 hr Bob Rooney 1
Mart Crowe (May '12) 21 hr nolongeravictim 53
New barbecue restaurant to open in Middletown Fri Kcnrse 1
Veterans Day 2013 (Nov '13) Fri Janet Harrison 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Springboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••