Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments
27,401 - 27,420 of 31,135 Comments Last updated 15 hrs ago
Vote Responsibly

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

repeat wrote:
Vaugn and Bitner only the rest of the candidates suck
Very Much Worth Repeating ... Spread the good word!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Being a Springboro resident since 1978, I have recognized the good guys from the not so good. That's why I am supporting Cathy Anspach for township trustee, Randy Watkins for Ward 1 councilman, Bitner/Vaughn for school board, Lori Kershner for Ward 1 Council person. And I will be voting for the library levy, not the school levy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

typo...Randy Watkins for Ward 4 councilman...:)
Heart Burn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Front page story below the fold in todays DDN, Local and State section, Bold headlines no less by Larry Budd. SPRINGBORO FOOTBALL PLAYER ACCUSED OF THEFT.

This is really front page news worthy?

I find it funny that Superintendent Petry is quoted as saying "For whatever reason our school district has a high profile and a story like this makes the news..."

For whatever reason? Mr Petry, you can thank the likes of Carlisle, Babbs, Christian, Schrof, et al that have turned our distict into a Peyton Place by calling the media at every opportunity they disagree with the smallest of decisions. See for example the circus they created when Malone was asked to take on other responsibilities within the district. It has been their constant need for self attention that the media seeks out miniscule stories like this one.

I wonder if the teen can use the excuse that he was just following the examples set by the leaders of the Athletic Boosters?
Circle of Shame

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Springboro News Headlines -
Ohio Assistant Chief Demoted after Blog Snafu...
_____

Tell it like it is...

Who would have thought that CCFD union member, Chris Veechi, who served as a trusted member of the Springboro School Board Safety Committee, along with our School Board President, would have been the thief who stole the ID of the board president, posting a nod of praise and worship
toward union school board candidate, Ron Malone?

Oh the shame of it all...

even science cannot ignore the natural law of reaping what you sow... even if the township police refuses to press charges ...

the trickle down effect of "more is caught than taught" by authority figures is potentially harmful influence on our school children and
community members.
Circle of Shame

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Remember in November to protect our Students First from ill effects of the circle of shameful behavior of our union activists and parents
for S-U-R-E; The evil plan of Ron Malone to gain control of our Children's First Budget, and then re-instate the status quo business as usual Union Adult Employees financial gain FIRST, really was launched last March 2012, when Scott Maney reported to the DDN that the SEA school employees were not happy with Malone's promotion offer to district office. Malone quickly folded the students into his emotional blackmailing for the union; and stirred up an emotional frenzy in our neightborhoods and churches, spreading lies that the Springboro Three were trying to push him out of his job.
Remember that Maney wanted to keep Malone as HS principal so that Malone could keep his program of studies focused on a large quantity of HS courses
to provide more increased pay and employement of union teachers in every classroom; instead of focusing on a quality classroom education in the best interest of Students First.
Now that we all know the truth about Malone's self-interest union first leadership against our children first; we are all responsible for doing the right thing for our school children and community; It is right to vote for the only two non-union school board candidates, David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn, and it is right to vote for the reduced levy which is needed in order to continue funding our Students First 21st century classroom education.
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean, "a more deserving soul could not exist in Springboro?" Have YOU personally examined ALL the souls in Springboro; and by what AUTHORITY do you have to determine such judgement?
Don't forget: Springboro voters have been told that Mr. Malone will win election and is deserving on the basis of name recognition and being insanely popular in the community....
Don't forget: Springboro voters have been told that Mr.Stuckey will win election on the basis of his promise to re-instate Mr. Holtrey to his deserving and rightful position as sports coach...
So on what basis does this "deserving soul" of union school board candidate Charles Anderson "EARN MY VOTE?"
Would you like him to come over and cut your grass?
proper perspective

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean, "a more deserving soul could not exist in Springboro?" Have YOU personally examined ALL the souls in Springboro; and by what AUTHORITY do you have to determine such judgement?

Don't forget: Springboro voters have been told that Mr. Malone will win election and is deserving on the basis of name recognition and being insanely popular in the community....

Don't forget: Springboro voters have been told that Mr.Stuckey will win election on the basis of his promise to re-instate Mr. Holtrey to his deserving and rightful position as sports coach...
So on what basis does this "deserving soul" of union school board candidate Charles Anderson "EARN MY VOTE?"
There is merit in voting for Charles Anderson. Anderson is a local business owner, thus he's more apt than either Malone or Stuckey to have correct type of business skills needed on a school board. Business owners also tend to have a better ongoing grasp on the true value of today's dollar.

On Tues. Nov. 5th, voters will be asked to fill three vacating board seats.
At least from my perspective, vote one and vote two go to Bitner and Vaughn.
Please bear in mind that no matter what, A THIRD CANDIDATE WILL WIN the last (third) seat.
So thus, vote number three should go to Charles Anderson.
cmon John

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

John Parise wrote:
Being a Springboro resident since 1978, I have recognized the good guys from the not so good. That's why I am supporting Cathy Anspach for township trustee, Randy Watkins for Ward 1 councilman, Bitner/Vaughn for school board, Lori Kershner for Ward 1 Council person. And I will be voting for the library levy, not the school levy.
John, I agree with everything here, except for voting NO on Springboro's renewal levy.

What other Ohio school district board has been able to turn massive deficits into a $5+ million dollar surplus, and accomplish this while adding about a dozen new buses, over million dollars worth of new computers,$2 million in new textbooks and $3.7 million worth of capital improvements?

Other than here in 45066 Springboro, what other Ohio board of education has accomplished the ability to REDUCE a renewal levy by $1,353,8000 per YEAR?
Just A Thought

Butler, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

If Malone and Stuckey are voted in and there is a three way tie for third, people voting Bitner/Vaughn/Anderson will give Anderson the advantage. Not a great strategy. We need at least Bitner or Vaughn, preferably both, both so it doesn't return to the days of old with adults first, deficits, and unneeded levies. Let the MSA pull from each other and VOTE ONLY FOR BITNER AND VAUGHN!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

cmon John wrote:
<quoted text>
John, I agree with everything here, except for voting NO on Springboro's renewal levy.
What other Ohio school district board has been able to turn massive deficits into a $5+ million dollar surplus, and accomplish this while adding about a dozen new buses, over million dollars worth of new computers,$2 million in new textbooks and $3.7 million worth of capital improvements?
Other than here in 45066 Springboro, what other Ohio board of education has accomplished the ability to REDUCE a renewal levy by $1,353,8000 per YEAR?
...the reason I will vote no is simply because if the candidates with the black signs win, we will start to see an unrelenting series of levies put back on ballot like before...I do not want to go back to those days..
Get Real

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like him to come over and cut your grass?
I don't understand what you mean by that question.
Are YOU now the union school board candidate's
voice of sarcasm against Springboro taxpayers?
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand what you mean by that question.
Are YOU now the union school board candidate's
voice of sarcasm against Springboro taxpayers?
And exactly how would you like him to earn your vote?

Earn is to receive as return for effort and especially for work done or services rendered.

I would think mowing your lawn would be sufficient, but if that is not enough perhaps you have some laundry that needs washing.

Light on the starch?
Hold On

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

John Parise wrote:
<quoted text>...the reason I will vote no is simply because if the candidates with the black signs win, we will start to see an unrelenting series of levies put back on ballot like before...I do not want to go back to those days..
Mr. Parise, let's don't let the union master's strategy fool us again. Remember when Mr. Veechi fooled you on this topix post when he stole the name of BOE president; and posted a message pretending to be the board president; don't be deceived by this strategy of Ron Malone, David Stuckey, Charles Anderson team by falling into their lure of failing the REDUCED RENEWAL LEVY.
Just remember that the Union wants it all; and if this renewal levy fails, the union will take it all at their next big emergency levy.
REDUCED RENEWAL LEVY failure will throw our stable and sustainable Children's First Five Year Forecast Budgeting process into chaos; therefore, all responsible spenders/voters MUST be diligent in working to see that this REDUCED RENEWAL LEVY for our STUDENTS FIRST is APPROVED on November 5, 2013.
No responsible citizen in Springboro is going to Vote against our Children First by failing to Vote YES for this very much needed REDUCED RENEWAL LEVY for our students quality classroom education. IT IS A MUST TO APPROVE THIS REDUCED RENEWAL LEVY.
It is a must to vote ONLY for students first/responsible budgeting, non-union school board candidates, David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn.

Insiders of the union forces camp have leaked the strategy that Malone and Stuckey have deceitfully crafted; and one-third of that strategy was bringing along Charles Anderson as the THIRD union school board candidate that could be pawned off on the Vaughn-Bitner supporters as a deserving soul; and a viable "business" expert. Just remember in November that union school board candidate Charles Anderson's expertise in business will be used on the board to further Ron Malone's agenda to put the re-emphasis on the value of financial gain for union first WANTS -- while the NEEDS of our school children get left behind.

WHY WOULD OUR COMMUNITY WANT TO GO BACK TO THE BAD OLD DAYS OF THE GOOD OLD BOYS WITH A UNION CONTROLLED SCHOOL BOARD?

CHILDREN FIRST BUDGETING WORKS!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Hold On wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Parise, let's don't let the union master's strategy fool us again. Remember when Mr. Veechi fooled you on this topix post when he stole the name of BOE president; and posted a message pretending to be the board president; don't be deceived by this strategy of Ron Malone, David Stuckey, Charles Anderson team by falling into their lure of failing the REDUCED RENEWAL LEVY.
Just remember that the Union wants it all; and if this renewal levy fails, the union will take it all at their next big emergency levy.
REDUCED RENEWAL LEVY failure will throw our stable and sustainable Children's First Five Year Forecast Budgeting process into chaos; therefore, all responsible spenders/voters MUST be diligent in working to see that this REDUCED RENEWAL LEVY for our STUDENTS FIRST is APPROVED on November 5, 2013.
No responsible citizen in Springboro is going to Vote against our Children First by failing to Vote YES for this very much needed REDUCED RENEWAL LEVY for our students quality classroom education. IT IS A MUST TO APPROVE THIS REDUCED RENEWAL LEVY.
It is a must to vote ONLY for students first/responsible budgeting, non-union school board candidates, David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn.
Insiders of the union forces camp have leaked the strategy that Malone and Stuckey have deceitfully crafted; and one-third of that strategy was bringing along Charles Anderson as the THIRD union school board candidate that could be pawned off on the Vaughn-Bitner supporters as a deserving soul; and a viable "business" expert. Just remember in November that union school board candidate Charles Anderson's expertise in business will be used on the board to further Ron Malone's agenda to put the re-emphasis on the value of financial gain for union first WANTS -- while the NEEDS of our school children get left behind.
WHY WOULD OUR COMMUNITY WANT TO GO BACK TO THE BAD OLD DAYS OF THE GOOD OLD BOYS WITH A UNION CONTROLLED SCHOOL BOARD?
CHILDREN FIRST BUDGETING WORKS!
I am voting for Bitner/Vaughn...but I do not trust the school board's past history....starting with that dictator Baker, so you will have to forgive my foreboding in even voting for a reduced levy at this time...
Hold On

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Remember in November ....

If all the Malone/Stuckey union first
supporters vote Malone/Stuckey and Anderson;

And if all the Bitner/Vaughn Students First supporters vote Bitner/Vaughn and union school board candidate Anderson;

then doesn't union school board candidate Anderson end up with the most votes;

Are YOU willing to risk our school children's future education on Malone/Stuckey coming in second and third?

Why not vote only for our Students First
school board candidates, David Bitner and
Kolton Vaughn?

A 4-1 Students First/Responsible Budgeting school board is a Win-Win for all students, teachers, parents, and community taxpayers!

VOTE DAVID BITNER AND KOLTON VAUGHN!
Hold On

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

proper perspective wrote:
<quoted text>
There is merit in voting for Charles Anderson. Anderson is a local business owner, thus he's more apt than either Malone or Stuckey to have correct type of business skills needed on a school board. Business owners also tend to have a better ongoing grasp on the true value of today's dollar.
On Tues. Nov. 5th, voters will be asked to fill three vacating board seats.
At least from my perspective, vote one and vote two go to Bitner and Vaughn.
Please bear in mind that no matter what, A THIRD CANDIDATE WILL WIN the last (third) seat.
So thus, vote number three should go to Charles Anderson.
Don't be deceived... you are falling right into the ring of fire of Malone's burning desire for the union to gain control and power of our school tax dollars. Bear in mind, no matter what, A third candidate will win, but why should responsible spenders waste our vote to boost Charles Anderson, putting one of our candidates at further risk of falling to fourth? If Charles Anderson is such a good fit with Students first, then why is he running AGAINST our Students First?

Why not allow the union school board candidates (Malone/Stuckey/Anderson) who are running against our STUDENTS FIRST, fight it out for the third seat among their union activists and parents for Sure.)

VOTE FOR RESPONSIBLE BUDGETING NON UNION SCHOOL BOARD CANDIDATES
ONLY - DAVID BITNER AND KOLTON VAUGHN -
Hold On

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

John Parise wrote:
<quoted text>
I am voting for Bitner/Vaughn...but I do not trust the school board's past history....starting with that dictator Baker, so you will have to forgive my foreboding in even voting for a reduced levy at this time...
Of course, it's your choice, your vote.
And I totally agree with you in that I do not trust the PAST leadership of the Board under the dictatorship of Baker.
But I do not have to forgive your foreboding in even voting for a reduced levy at this time. I would ask why "our board's past history" is negatively influencing your vote against our Children's First Budgeting for a quality 21st century education? Why stay stuck in the remorse of the past dictator Baker days?
The way I see it, this is the FIRST time ever that our local school government has approved a REDUCED renewal levy.
Our current school board and current school district leaders have earned my trust in their use of my hard-earned money and I will vote YES to approve the November 5 reduced renewal levy which is very much needed for our children's future education. I will vote for Students First/Responsible Budgeting school board candidates,
David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Hold On wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, it's your choice, your vote.
And I totally agree with you in that I do not trust the PAST leadership of the Board under the dictatorship of Baker.
But I do not have to forgive your foreboding in even voting for a reduced levy at this time. I would ask why "our board's past history" is negatively influencing your vote against our Children's First Budgeting for a quality 21st century education? Why stay stuck in the remorse of the past dictator Baker days?
The way I see it, this is the FIRST time ever that our local school government has approved a REDUCED renewal levy.
Our current school board and current school district leaders have earned my trust in their use of my hard-earned money and I will vote YES to approve the November 5 reduced renewal levy which is very much needed for our children's future education. I will vote for Students First/Responsible Budgeting school board candidates,
David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn.
A thought to ponder...."those that forget history are doomed to repeat it "...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

I am actively helping to replace our local councilman (the mayor's neighbor) with fresh blood, a successful businessman. Time to remove cronies with dumb campaign signs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springboro Discussions

Search the Springboro Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 48 min d pantz 29,342
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr anna kukelski 18,564
Heather Brock is a good girl 8 hr Jay 1
would love to meet a cougar 14 hr Fan of Leon The Man 3
Mart Crowe (May '12) Sat greenbear 54
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Sat Go Blue Forever 2,218
Idea - convert tennis courts in front of Sycamo... Jul 24 proactive idea 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Springboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE