Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,282

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#27639 Sep 30, 2013
From the blog of David Bowman in support of his candidates, Mr. Malone and Mr. Stuckey

"Read up, review the facts, and be prepared to counter the distortions and lies that are surely headed to your inbox, your mailbox, and even in the little rock filled plastic baggies containing misleading propaganda that will surely be hitting your front lawn in the days ahead. "

Let us ask Mr Bowman, Mr Malone, or Mr. Stuckey how they counter facts gleaned from the Ohio Department of Education regarding our students performance on the Ohio Achievement Assessment tests.

http://education.ohio.gov/getattachment/Topic...

Class of 2018

7th Grade 2012-2013

Ohio Achievement Assessment Tests Results.
Math .......50 possible points on the test
State Rating System and distribution of students for the 7th grade
Limited.......... 14 Students
Limited.......... 18% was the Average score for this group
Limited..........definition--0 -10 correct answers =(0-20% correct)
Basic..........27 Students
Basic ..........28% was the Average score for this group
Basic..........definition--11 - 16 correct answers =(22-32% correct)
Proficient........176 Students
Proficient........46% was the Average score for this group
Proficient.......definition--1 7-28 correct answers =(34-56% correct)
Accelerated.....143 Students
Accelerated.....64% was the Average score for this group
Accelerated.....definition--29 -35 correct answers =(58-70% correct)
Advanced........148 Students
Advanced........80% was the Average score for this group
Advanced........definition--36 -50 correct answers =(72-100% correct)
Applying Mr. Malone's same grading system used for assigning percentages to grades earned in the college credit program (PSEO)
F.....Below 62.99% correct answers.......282 Students
Percentage of Students.....56% receiving F
D..... 63%- 74.99% correct answers......108 Students
Percentage of Students.....21% receiving D
C......75%- 84.99% correct answers........77 Students
Percentage of Students.....16% receiving C
B..... 85%- 92.99% correct answers........34 Students
Percentage of Students.....7% receiving B
A..... 93% correct answers and above.....1 Students
Percentage of Students....0% receiving A

A more honest assessment of the children's level of knowledge reveals that we have:

PASSING 75% or better - 23%

FAILING 74% or lower - 77%

Ask Mr. Bowman which part of the above is a distortion, a lie, or propaganda?
poundsand

Dayton, OH

#27640 Oct 1, 2013
Conservative Voice wrote:
I am a conservative in Springboro and find the signs offensive. Are you saying unions are bad? Are you saying my police and fire fighters are bad because they belong to the union? No I am not in a union and have never been in one.
I think people need to think before speaking or putting up signs. I will vote for anyone who does not support that rhetoric.
LOL, your a conservative? Right.

It's called freedom of speech. Deal with it.
Heart Burn

United States

#27642 Oct 1, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
From the blog of David Bowman in support of his candidates, Mr. Malone and Mr. Stuckey
"Read up, review the facts, and be prepared to counter the distortions and lies that are surely headed to your inbox, your mailbox, and even in the little rock filled plastic baggies containing misleading propaganda that will surely be hitting your front lawn in the days ahead..."
I'd like Mr Bowman, instead of worrying about negatives, to actually read up, review the facts, and give us a couple of objective reasons to vote for his candidates.

I mean what are they running on? What is it that they want to do to objectively better the district and the kids...other than "take back their board"

Last election cycle the cry from the nattering neybobs was Petroni and Rigano had no kids in the system. That they had conflicts of interest among other silly non issues.

This election cycle the same people are supporting 3 men that have no kids in they system and definite agendas with conflicts of interest. Yet Bowman says to review the facts and read up in order to support his candidates. From what I have read is Malone and Stuckey are entrenched in the SEA. Malones wife and daughter are SEA dues paying members. Elect the MSA ticket and we will have 5 men on the BOA and not a one of them with kids in the system. Is that what Mr Bowman really wants?

Please, someone tell me,What are they running on? Hey Mr Bowman, don't tell me why not to vote for someone else, tell me why I should vote for the people you support. Cuz for whatever reason, no else can tell me why I should vote for them...I just hear more reasons not to vote for them. What are the "distortions, lies and propaganda" that you believe youll find coming your way?

Bittner and Vaughn...Kids in the system, no agendas, no conflicts of interest. Working for our kids and their kids.
certainly worth repeating

Girard, OH

#27643 Oct 1, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner and Vaughn...Kids in the system, no agendas, no conflicts of interest. Working for our kids and their kids.
Bitner and Vaughn...Kids in the system, no agendas, no conflicts of interest. Working for our kids and their kids.
November Solution

Girard, OH

#27644 Oct 1, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
The signs were not illegally placed.
The question is a rather salient one:
How will a UNION CONTROLLED school board spend your TAX DOLLARS?
I suppose some folks would rather not have others exposed to such thinking, but what exactly was inaccurate about that sign?
Presiding over 12 years of looting of over $1,000,000 of the booster money while head of the high school and then fighting against necessary reforms to combat this sort of behavior in the future certainly is not many people's way of gaining trust or honor. Maybe in Mr. Malone's tiny part of the world that makes sense, but I doubt it works elsewhere.
Knowingly dumbing down the curriculum of the high school in the face of NO RESEARCH OR DATA that supports that course of action as beneficial to the students is not demonstrating either leadership nor ethics. When will Mr. Malone explain to us how not providing a more challenging educational atmosphere was good for our children and their future?
Mr. Wiedeman,

Thank you so much for what you're doing. There is absolutely nothing inaccurate about the wording you selected for the signage. If you will, place more of this signage in right-of-ways at the entrances of Brookside, and I'll see that it's videomonitored in order to help deter vandalism or theft.
Concerned Clearcreek Mom

Akron, OH

#27645 Oct 1, 2013
Who is running against Anderson, Stuckey, and Malone? Whoever they are, they have my vote!:-)
Concerned Citiznes

Akron, OH

#27646 Oct 1, 2013
Concerned Clearcreek Mom wrote:
Who is running against Anderson, Stuckey, and Malone? Whoever they are, they have my vote!:-)
Just this morning, at our neighborhood school bus stop, concerned parents and citizens were asking the same question!

We do have two "Students First/Responsibile Budgeting"
parents running for school board election November 5, 2013,
and it is exciting to introduce David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn, who should be our next elected BOE representatives!
Our family had opportunity to meet David Bitner and Kolton Vaughn
(and their wonderful famililes!) and we are greatly encouraged and strongly believe that their optomistic, reform minded leadership is the RIGHT fit for our students' 21st Century Classroom Education.
Springboro families and taxpaying homeowners need elected officials who are all about fiscal responsibility and quality classroom education, with priority of keeping our great schools and community both SAFE and AFFORDABLE.
VOTE BITNER and VAUGHN - November 5, 2013
ask and U shall receive

Girard, OH

#27647 Oct 1, 2013
Concerned Clearcreek Mom wrote:
http://supportborostudents.com/

Elect
David Bitner
and
Kolton Vaughn
Springboro BOE

Vote Tues. November 5th

http://supportborostudents.com/
Lerxst

Miamisburg, OH

#27648 Oct 1, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
"Read up, review the facts, and be prepared to counter the distortions and lies that are surely headed to your inbox, your mailbox, and even in the little rock filled plastic baggies containing misleading propaganda that will surely be hitting your front lawn in the days ahead. "
Wow, regarding Bowman's last blog installment...talk about distortions and lies.
tellthetruth

Cleveland, OH

#27649 Oct 1, 2013
Just a Reminder...

A vote for ED WADE or DALE LAMB is a vote for UNETHICAL GOVERNMENT.

Now is your chance to send a CLEAR message.

A message that we no longer trust you and it is time to leave office.

30 years in office to way too long.
tellthetruth

Cleveland, OH

#27650 Oct 1, 2013
THE TRIAL DATE IS AFTER THE ELECTIONS.

Lawsuit revived in on Ohio township's meetings

LEBANON, Ohio A lawsuit challenging a township's longstanding practice of holding informal gatherings before official public meetings is headed back to a southwest Ohio court.

An Ohio 12th District Court of Appeals judge ruled recently that the lawsuit was dismissed prematurely by a Warren County court. He sent it back to resolve conflicting testimony on whether Clearcreek Township trustees are violating state open meetings law.

Judge Robert Ringland wrote that were too many unanswered questions, including whether the "pre-meeting meetings were prearranged, what the purpose of the meetings was and whether deliberations took place therein." Township officials defend the practice of having informal gatherings in the administrator's office ahead of the twice-monthly township meetings.

The lawsuit filed by a township resident, Jack Chrisman, says the "pre-meeting meetings" are illegal because public business is discussed by a trustee majority. Chrisman says in the lawsuit that the there is no public notice of the meetings, the public isn't invited, and there is no report made on what was discussed.

Chrisman's lawyer, Curt Hartman, said the three trustees have taken pre-meeting polls in their sessions.

"They pull things off the agenda if they think there will be disputes," Hartman said. "They want to have a uniform public face."

Dennis Hetzel, executive director of the Ohio Newspaper Association, thinks the township practice is questionable.

"When they have these information-gathering sessions, if they are discussing stuff, I think you can argue that they are deliberating," Hetzel said. "If they start asking questions or discussing, they have moved over from information-gathering to deliberating."

Lawyers are meeting NOW in OCTOBER for a NOVEMBER trial.

TIME TO TELL WADE AND LAMB TO STOP RUNNING FOR OFFICE.

TIME TO TELL PICKETT AND WILHELM TO MOVE ON.

TIME TO GET A REAL FIRE CHIEF
somethin rotten in denmak

Girard, OH

#27651 Oct 1, 2013
tellthetruth wrote:
THE TRIAL DATE IS AFTER THE ELECTIONS.
Lawsuit revived in on Ohio township's meetings
LEBANON, Ohio A lawsuit challenging a township's longstanding practice of holding informal gatherings before official public meetings is headed back to a southwest Ohio court.
An Ohio 12th District Court of Appeals judge ruled recently that the lawsuit was dismissed prematurely by a Warren County court. He sent it back to resolve conflicting testimony on whether Clearcreek Township trustees are violating state open meetings law.
Judge Robert Ringland wrote that were too many unanswered questions, including whether the "pre-meeting meetings were prearranged, what the purpose of the meetings was and whether deliberations took place therein." Township officials defend the practice of having informal gatherings in the administrator's office ahead of the twice-monthly township meetings.
The lawsuit filed by a township resident, Jack Chrisman, says the "pre-meeting meetings" are illegal because public business is discussed by a trustee majority. Chrisman says in the lawsuit that the there is no public notice of the meetings, the public isn't invited, and there is no report made on what was discussed.
Chrisman's lawyer, Curt Hartman, said the three trustees have taken pre-meeting polls in their sessions.
"They pull things off the agenda if they think there will be disputes," Hartman said. "They want to have a uniform public face."
Dennis Hetzel, executive director of the Ohio Newspaper Association, thinks the township practice is questionable.
"When they have these information-gathering sessions, if they are discussing stuff, I think you can argue that they are deliberating," Hetzel said. "If they start asking questions or discussing, they have moved over from information-gathering to deliberating."
Lawyers are meeting NOW in OCTOBER for a NOVEMBER trial.
TIME TO TELL WADE AND LAMB TO STOP RUNNING FOR OFFICE.
TIME TO TELL PICKETT AND WILHELM TO MOVE ON.
TIME TO GET A REAL FIRE CHIEF
Pre-determination was blantantly obvious for local citizens who attended a trustee meeting late this past summer. During this meeting the Twp trustees "voted" to delay another attempt at a fire levy until May 2014 so as to not put into further jeopardy the chance of passage of Springboro Schools renewal levy (which, of course, is this coming November 5th).
Inquiring Minds

Akron, OH

#27652 Oct 1, 2013

Inquiring minds, who are well informed of the FACTS,and fully supportive of the good work being done by our current board, question whether or not Mr. Bowman has crossed the line of "political rhetoric" and is now flinging false accusations every which a way, discrediting our BOE elected officials and with NO proof, whatsoever, nor valid references to back up his wild ravings and rantings.

Why in the world would Springboro parent, David Bowman, publish outrageous lies against our school board members, falsely accusing (among other lies) that: "this board has divided our community and created chaos with an agenda that has included....

Radical Political Activism....?
(When and where did that happen.....?)

And by what authority does one Springboro parent, David Bowman, have to speak for "our community"
in launching these false accusations against our board members who are doing what's right for our school district and community?
(Did David Bowman hold an election for ALL 12,000 households in OUR community and then tally up the VOTES?)

As a matter of record, I am a community member, and I know many other community members; and none of the community members that I know think that "this board has divided our community and created chaos..."

What a pity that there isn't a law to shine light into the dark corners of Mr. Bowman's mind, leading him in the direction of truth...
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#27653 Oct 1, 2013
Inquiring Minds wrote:

Mr. Bowman is perfectly within his rights to cast whatever aspersions he deems fit for public consumption. I will defend those rights as dearly as I would defend my own. Only then do we truly enjoy freedom of speech.

By the same token I am also free to dispute Mr. Bowman's version of the truth with just as much vitriol as he. I, however, choose to deal in documented facts and figures. We will let an educated populace decide the relative merits of each of our particular cases.

Facts and figures supporting a point of view or rhetorical vitriol sewing the whirlwind?

Intelligent people generally will make the correct decision if provided with the honest information and background.

I resolve to pursue the former with enough facts, figures, background information, public reports, and honest reporting of what I have discovered.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#27654 Oct 2, 2013
it is interesting how people see the internet as truth we have seen posters call for people to lose there jobs when it is common knowldge they are not running (lamb) or or retiring (pickett) stating to vote for a plank of candidateswith a public history on anti children or put validity in a reporter that has a proen track record of pro union press spin the truth is out ther LOOK FOR IT this is the reason the US govt is closed when you piont your finger at someone 43 fingers are pointing at you
care to

Springboro, OH

#27655 Oct 2, 2013
November Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Wiedeman,
Thank you so much for what you're doing. There is absolutely nothing inaccurate about the wording you selected for the signage. If you will, place more of this signage in right-of-ways at the entrances of Brookside, and I'll see that it's videomonitored in order to help deter vandalism or theft.
Political signs are not permitted in the Right-of-Ways. Private property yes. Public property no (Right of way is public property). That goes for any political signs as far as I know.
care to

Springboro, OH

#27656 Oct 2, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like Mr Bowman, instead of worrying about negatives, to actually read up, review the facts, and give us a couple of objective reasons to vote for his candidates.
I mean what are they running on? What is it that they want to do to objectively better the district and the kids...other than "take back their board"
Last election cycle the cry from the nattering neybobs was Petroni and Rigano had no kids in the system. That they had conflicts of interest among other silly non issues.
This election cycle the same people are supporting 3 men that have no kids in they system and definite agendas with conflicts of interest. Yet Bowman says to review the facts and read up in order to support his candidates. From what I have read is Malone and Stuckey are entrenched in the SEA. Malones wife and daughter are SEA dues paying members. Elect the MSA ticket and we will have 5 men on the BOA and not a one of them with kids in the system. Is that what Mr Bowman really wants?
Please, someone tell me,What are they running on? Hey Mr Bowman, don't tell me why not to vote for someone else, tell me why I should vote for the people you support. Cuz for whatever reason, no else can tell me why I should vote for them...I just hear more reasons not to vote for them. What are the "distortions, lies and propaganda" that you believe youll find coming your way?
Bittner and Vaughn...Kids in the system, no agendas, no conflicts of interest. Working for our kids and their kids.
What are the conflicts of interest for Malone, Stuckey and Anderson?
Get Real

Akron, OH

#27657 Oct 2, 2013
care to wrote:
<quoted text>
Political signs are not permitted in the Right-of-Ways. Private property yes. Public property no (Right of way is public property). That goes for any political signs as far as I know.
Political signs are not permitted by union activists even on private property, in many of our neighborhoods (unless they are stamped with the oppressive unionism label). Not a chance! Political signs, expressing our free speech rights, that oppose forced unionism are uprooted, destroyed, or thrown into tree tops on private property! Union members seek to intimidate their neighbors with reminders that union members don't like our expressions of free speech, unless it is freely lavished upon our wonderful, life-saving, self sacrificing union teachers, firefighters, and local police officers.
Union activists in our local school district, and throughout our city and township ignore the unwritten law of common decency of
acceptable behavior toward their neighbors; as they continue spreading lies; ignoring proven documented facts, in their insanely emotional fury of personal attacks to discredit, distort, and demonize the character of good citizens; and their amazing accomplishments for good in our schools and community.
There's only ONE effective way to communicate with our SEA union activists; and that is, go to the polls on November 5, 2013, and vote OUT of our students education the negative influence of union school board candidates, Ron Malone and David Stuckey.

Our Springboro School Board Candidates DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN are the next school board representatives that we need elected on November 5, 2013.

Our Springboro School Board Candidates DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN are the ONLY two school board candidates who are PARENTS REPRESENTING PARENTS and the ONLY two school board candidates who are already on board with our winning agenda of Students First/
Responsible Budgeting.

Spread the Good News! VOTE for DAVID BITNER and KOLTON VAUGHN on November 5, 2013!
Heart Burn

United States

#27658 Oct 2, 2013
care to wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the conflicts of interest for Malone, Stuckey and Anderson?
If you are or have been a SEA member (Malone and Stuckey), and you want to load the BOE, the governing body of the district, with union minded folks, the conflict is where do your bests interests lie...with the union first or the children first?

If you are or have been a SEA member (Malone and Stuckey), and you have family members that are still dues paying SEA members that are employed by the district (Malones wife and step daughter)and you want to load the BOE, the governing body of the district, with union minded folks, the conflict is where do your bests interests lie...with the union first of better pay, benefits etc for your wife & kids first or the children first?

If you are or have been a SEA member (Malone and Stuckey), and you want to load the BOE, the governing body of the district, with union minded folks,(The entire pre-packaged Malone, Stuckey, Anderson ticket) and your entire campaign is backed by and largely financed by the SEA then the conflict is easy to spot...Are you beholden to the SEA first or the community and kids first?

If you are or have been a SEA member (Malone and Stuckey), and you want to load the BOE, the governing body of the district, with union minded folks,(The entire pre-packaged Malone, Stuckey, Anderson ticket) and your entire platform is to "take back the board" then the conflict is easy to spot...they are not in favor of the current Children First approach that is working so well for our district and and example of other districts across the country to follow. They are in favor of protecting their own...the union first mentality. I call that a huge conflict of interest.

I'm not against the SEA per se, but putting the SEA in control of the BOE is like handing the keys to the zoo to the animals. Would you want the police and fire depts unions to be the main deciding factor when and how much each new contract is worth, how much they think they should pay for their own benefits?

How do you negotiate with yourself in the best interests of those that actually pay for the contracts and the benefits. We've been down this road before with levy request after levy request...all uneeded, as proven by this current BOE Children First approach.

Avoid the conflicts, vote for candidates that have a vested interested in their kids and our kids education first and foremost.

Cast your ballot for Vaughn and Bittner. I am.
November Solution

Girard, OH

#27659 Oct 2, 2013
care to wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 50% correct.
Political signs are permitted in right-of-ways so long as Clearcreek Township or City of Springboro powers-that-be are ALLIED with the political message and/or the political candidate(s) on any given sign.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr xxxrayted 31,511
Dennis Gannon trying to cover his past! 1 hr happy camper 7
not John Agenbroad too ? (Oct '08) 5 hr SPECIAL 309
Police Chief: was justice served in Springboro ... (Dec '08) 5 hr SPECIAL 166
greene county humane society Tue Tina 5
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue Chuck 19,285
Representative Mike Turner is a Pentagon Pimp Tue The New Cool Warrior 1
Springboro Dating
Find my Match

Springboro Jobs

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springboro News, Events & Info