Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments
27,041 - 27,060 of 31,135 Comments Last updated 18 hrs ago
Question Everything

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Waste Watchers wrote:
Why the double standard?
Springboro parent, Kelly Kohls, expresses interest in our students curriculum, and her message gets distorted by the liberal political opposition; and a war of words explodes, personally demonizing this Springboro parent, because of her concerns and comments made regarding her own SHS student's required reading for summer. Many parents and Boro Alumni joined to bully the volunteer constitution course right out of our school buildings because it was unfairly judged as too "religious."
Now we have the principal of Springboro Intermediate and the teacher sponser of the LIFT religous education course for students being promoted among Springboro parents to come help Springboro parent, Lisa Babb, bring teaching religion after school to our kids?
Why the double standard?
Is this teacher sponsor of the the LIFT religous education course paid supplement contract for this after school club? Is the cost covered by the fund-raising done by the Principal?
The cost of the materials for the constitution course was to be paid by the volunteers who signed up for the course; but the liberals protested mightily against the community members using the school building to study and discuss the constitution course because it was teaching the constitution in original intent.
Why the double standard for one program being allowed at the school; while another program was pushed out by the liberals because it was too religious?
Why is Lisa Babb luring school kids into religious indoctrination of Living in Faith by marching kids through our school hallways waving the flag of "come, follow me?"
Isn't this called evangelism?
Is there a place in our schools for religious indoctrination and child evangelism?
Does the ACLU know about this practice of religion in the schools?
Lerxst

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Waste Watchers wrote:
Why the double standard?
Springboro parent, Kelly Kohls, expresses interest in our students curriculum, and her message gets distorted by the liberal political opposition; and a war of words explodes, personally demonizing this Springboro parent, because of her concerns and comments made regarding her own SHS student's required reading for summer. Many parents and Boro Alumni joined to bully the volunteer constitution course right out of our school buildings because it was unfairly judged as too "religious."
Now we have the principal of Springboro Intermediate and the teacher sponser of the LIFT religous education course for students being promoted among Springboro parents to come help Springboro parent, Lisa Babb, bring teaching religion after school to our kids?
Why the double standard?
Is this teacher sponsor of the the LIFT religous education course paid supplement contract for this after school club? Is the cost covered by the fund-raising done by the Principal?
The cost of the materials for the constitution course was to be paid by the volunteers who signed up for the course; but the liberals protested mightily against the community members using the school building to study and discuss the constitution course because it was teaching the constitution in original intent.
Why the double standard for one program being allowed at the school; while another program was pushed out by the liberals because it was too religious?
All the above points need to be asked to the people on "An Active Springboro Community" in Facebook. I would love to hear their rationale for being again one, but not the other.
response

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Question Everything wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is Lisa Babb luring school kids into religious indoctrination of Living in Faith by marching kids through our school hallways waving the flag of "come, follow me?"
Why?
Two reasons...

- A lot of available free time due to an abandoned BOE campaign
- The middle name... "Spite"
reality

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

William Schmidt wrote:
<quoted text>Where can I get written evidence that SEA is greedy and hostile? During negotiations, I never saw a hostile statement in the media and the final contract sure looked like the SEA was very compromising.
Your first mistake is you're naive enough to believe the lion's share of local media reps aren't jaded toward the political left.
No More Tunnel Vision

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

William Schmidt wrote:
<quoted text>Where can I get written evidence that SEA is greedy and hostile? During negotiations, I never saw a hostile statement in the media and the final contract sure looked like the SEA was very compromising.
Some see the greed and hostility of SEA forced unionism differently. When SEA party "control" matters more than implementing the right policies in the best interest of our
students' 21st century education, then SEA greed and hostility are seen by Springboro familes and taxpaying homeowners.

Big labor's power of forced unionism has crippled America's competitive edge, forced countless companies overseas, and polluted our political process for nearly half a century.
No one should be forced to pay tribute to a union in order to get or keep a job.

Is it true that all union dues that all teachers are forced to pay aren't enough to pay for the union president's salary?
Get real

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Waste Watchers wrote:
This is a waste of Taxayers money being used to pay school employees in Study Hall to supervise SJHS students listening to their IPOD.
Springboro Junior High School Principal forwards this notice out to Springboro families in the
SJHS Update 9-20-13:
5. Please remember the PTP fundraiser to sell spirit cups, popcorn buckets and travel mugs. Orders are due on Monday, September 23. The PTP has added incentives for the top sellers.
Each student will receive a pass to listen to your ipod during study hall or lunch for each set sold.
3 sets will get you Kona Ice during lunch. Top 3 sellers per grade will get choice of sample items located in display case in front of office as well as Ticket to Principal's Dance, Certificate for concessions during dance. Top sellers will get Gift certificate to Fan Store.
/

Peddling plastic overpriced made in china crap again. This just gets more embarrassing. I don't walk into the fan store, it is an arm of the Athletic boosters, isn't it?
When it says made in America and isn't garbage, I'm in.
Hipocracy

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Waste Watchers wrote:
SI email announcements forwarded to Springboro families, include .....
Lift
Looking for an opportunity for your student to get plugged into something great to meet other kids? L.I.F.T stands for Living In Faith Together. L.I.F.T is a non-sponsored school and district program that is run by students. They meet every Friday from 2:30-3:30 in the band room at the Jr. High. L.I.F.T. will be starting Sep. 13th. S.I. students can get off their shuttle bus at the high school and walk down to the Jr. High, following those holding LIFT signs! L.I.F.T. usually runs between 125-175 students, depending on what sport season it is.
The program wouldn’t be able to run without some awesome parents that help out with everything. If you would like to talk to one of our moms that help, please contact Lisa Babb at .....
.... Inquiring minds are asking if "this non-sponsered school and district program" is paying useage fees for our taxpayer funded school building facilities? Was this request to use building facilities processed according to policy?
Isn't this LIFT program a course of religious education for our students being conducted in our schools?
Isn't Sarah Thornbury the SEA officer, who testified recently in public board meeting, that religion should be kept in the church, as she spoke in opposition of allowing an outside group to use the school facilities to open a community-wide voluntary study coarse on the United States Constitution?
Wait just a minute. LIFT is a religious program offered to children on our campus, sponsored by this school? If it is sponsored by an outside organization than are htey paying for it? If not than they should be according to those that opposed the constitution course on our campus because it was too religious.
I have to now go look at the tapes on the district web site to see all the hypocrites that spoke out against religion on our campuses. A somewhat religious CONSTITUTION Course for adults. I think Lisa Babb and Debbie Christian, Afsoon Khatibloo-McClellan, and Sarah Thornberry have been very vocal against this type of behavior. I'll watch the rest of the videos of board meetings on District web site grom May and June, will you?
Be afraid

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Bias-What_Bias wrote:
I read a post that stated, union leader Scott Maney organized a Springboro school board candidate community forum. It stated that John Agenbroad, who was elected with the help of generous union donations, will moderate. Let's see how this will work. We have a candidate that was a former union leader, teacher, coach. We have a cadidate that was a former teacher, principal. We have candidate married to a former teacher. All three embedded in the union. Then we have two other candidates that have no union affiliation, parents of students attending the school district and local taxpayers in Springboro. You don't suppose that the community forum will be biased one way or the other, do you? If the candidates are smart, I would hope they refuse to attend and don't entertain the union thuggary that will be present at that forum.
Let me get this straight.
The community bullies (union) will hold a "community forum" for the candidates for school board? There are three union people running and two that are simply parents of school children?
The union wants to hold a "forum", for what? We all need to wear our boots.
Sounds like the SUV black Cadillac lady can come into this one instead of just sitting outside and taking pictures.
Can you tell me why a woman in a black SUV Cadillac sits outside a meet and greet for these two parents, running for school board, for almost three hours taking pictures and moving her car once in a while? She sits her big black Cadillac in front of the building as if she wants people to see her than moves it like she does not want people to notice her? If this does not look like union bullying, nothing does. Who has three hours on a Sunday to survail school board candidates? Who owns this big black Cadillac?
Evidence

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

William Schmidt wrote:
Mr. Schmidt,
Setting up strike headquarters in Springboro.
Everyone wear RED- communist color
Everyone put stickers on your cars "we support Teachers". Nothing about students, parents, taxpayers here.
Facebook post to have everyone show up at board meetings to show your power and might.
Have you been to the school board meetings? If so you would not make these statements or ask this question.

Very mean, nasty angry union reps at board meetings-it appeared to be a GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY campaign.
I want to see the compromising, lol
Christians persecutions

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

No MoreTunnel Vision wrote:
In the September 17, 2013 issue of Dayton Daily News, staff writer Lawrence Budd reports:
The Springboro school board continues to discuss controversial issues tied to conservative political ideology at their meetings, despite ongoing criticism.
The DDN writer continues his article stating that critics have claimed the discussions distract attention from the district's high rankings in academics and efforts to improve curriculum; and that parent Stephanie Bindemann questioned the fairness of the presentation, asking "Why are we having such one-sided presentations?"
The DDN article did not report that parent Stephanie Bindemann (who was allowed time to give her one-sided presentation) burst into laughter, ridiculing the fair presentation of opinions differing from her liberal ones, and jumped up to announce that she refused to listen and just left the board room.
Many of those attending the public board meeting question Stephanie Bindemann's liberal tunnel vision views and her rude performance in protest of the Guest speakers differing views; and we applaud and appreciate our board members good work in the direction of "just trying to get the best textbooks."
"Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it matter most, that has made it possible for evil to triumph."
(Haile Selassie)
Anyone reading about the murder of Christians all over this world. People like Larry Budd and Stephanie Bendeman are helping religious persecution by shutting down the conversation under the "controversy" title. While they both make "controversy"
the issue they are not stating what the Controversy is all about. The controversy is all about protecting our children from religious persecution and leftist, atheist indoctrinations via the types of education they are forced to get. We need school choice where parents can use the tax dollars they already pay in to pick an education without sterilization of Christian heritage and without the white shame and white hate being spewed. Our children deserve to learn the truth about their prideful American heritage and if they came to this country recently they should learn what it took to have a country as great as this.
DDN is as leftist as it gets. S Bindeman is as leftist as it gets. Assisting in persecuting Christians is what the left and Islam is all about. Stephanie was the key note speaker at the Malone, Stucky, Anderson Rally- get my drift?
Christian persecutions

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Hipocracy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait just a minute. LIFT is a religious program offered to children on our campus, sponsored by this school? If it is sponsored by an outside organization than are htey paying for it? If not than they should be according to those that opposed the constitution course on our campus because it was too religious.
I have to now go look at the tapes on the district web site to see all the hypocrites that spoke out against religion on our campuses. A somewhat religious CONSTITUTION Course for adults. I think Lisa Babb and Debbie Christian, Afsoon Khatibloo-McClellan, and Sarah Thornberry have been very vocal against this type of behavior. I'll watch the rest of the videos of board meetings on District web site grom May and June, will you?
Wait just a minute how many of these people are Christians?
Christian persecutions

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

My understanding is that they come into a country, assimilate then eradicate. Meanwhile they have minions and so called Christians that work for them to get this done. Anyone read the book by Brigitte Gabriel?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Brigitte Gabriel is a Lebanese American journalist, author and activist. She is the founder of the American Congress For Truth, an organization dedicated to educating the public about Islam. This is her interview at Duke University in 2004.
I did not know

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Thanks for the link. On this site I see a lot more.
The Muslim Brotherhood in American Schools | Brigitte Gabriel
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Ted Cruze just spoke (Fox news) of reporters like Larry Budd. He spoke of reporters that trap the reader into the "controversy" personal attacks of Christians and conservatives, not the meat of the matter. Larry Budd does not report on the important conversations taking place at Springboro schools just the he said she said and the use of the she said of S. Bindeman is a waste of our valuable time. Larry Budd and S Bundeman do Not bring up the important messages, such as the Christian religious sterilizations in our education system they both focus on just the manufactured hype. If DDN ever wants to know where they went wrong, once they go bankrupt, they need to look at SURE, S Bindeman.
Pastors stand for something!!! Your silence is deafening. One mom on the school board is not enough. We need an army to protect these kids.
Heart Burn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

No More Tunnel Vision wrote:
<quoted text>
...Is it true that all union dues that all teachers are forced to pay aren't enough to pay for the union president's salary?
They pay enough to be able to afford their own house/office/whatever on main street.

Why does the SEA need a house of their own?

Do they have enough excess cash laying around to be able to justify a building of their own?

What does that say about how much the union rakes in each year off of our property taxes that go to pay the teachers?
No Turning Back

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

No MoreTunnel Vision wrote:
<quoted text>
Union school board candidates Ron Malone, David Stuckey, and Charles Anderson seek control of the Board of Education in efforts to re-instate Unionism party control, which matters more to Mr. Malone than implementing the RIGHT policies for our students 21st Century education.
Voters will remember Mr. Malone's refusal, last March 2012, to step up to the task offered him by promotion to District Office to use his PAST experience to serve ALL our students' in preparation to the state-mandated changes in grading system and common core implementation. Now, Mr. Malone is running for school board "for the children?" Isn't that too little too late after leaving our children left behind last year, in favor of status quo union first business as usual?
As the status quo placed awards on the school walls, many assumed that all was well inside those walls. But the awards only measure the past, and the standards are changing. Our schools perform well by the minimum state standards, but Proficient, no matter how you slice it, is FAILING. For example, the Proficient standard for the 8th grade math Ohio Achievement Assessment ranges from 35%- 59%. Proficient is not enough.

The status quo has not been enough. The time is now to bring forward new ways of evaluating our children that no longer rely upon grading on a curve to obtain the desired results. Tougher, realistic standards upset the status quo, but inflated standards rob our children of true achievement and potential.

From the district's aging computers, buses and buildings to new Common Core curriculum and rising expectations with new standards, testing, evaluation systems, the status quo is not equipped to meet the challenges that our school district faces.
A year ago, our district faced a sort of perfect storm with needs for everything from buses and books to technology and staffing coming to the surface at the same time. Through good management and some good fortune, our once rudderless ship emerged from that storm with clear leadersip and direction. Clearly, there are still challenges, but we are moving in the direction of putting Children First. The fear of change will not chase our comunity back into the darkness of previously failed practices.
Let's stay on this new course and move in the direction of leadership for our children, schools and community.
The Next Day

Batavia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Christian persecutions wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait just a minute how many of these people are Christians?
i don't know the particulars of if the schools are officially supporting the LIFT program or not, and if so, how. It would be interesting to hear the particulars. However one key difference vs. the debate about the Constitution and the separation of church and state, is that one is a voluntary activity (LIFT) and the other is a form of a forced activity (required reading in a class). Big difference and one that is perfectly aligned and supported by the intent of the Founding Fathers.

Is it ironic that some people are wanting the schools to put more of a religion-based curriculum (their religion) in place while at the same time they are complaining about the existence of a religious program such as LIFT being in the schools?
motorvoter

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

It's rather pathetic that Jim Rigano invokes 911 to push his extreme right-wing views on religion in politics, apparently derived in part from the fantasies in the materials provided to him by the Institute on the Constitution.

He does this at 057:00 here:
www.youtube.com/watch...

That's certainly disgusting in and of itself, but it's especially offensive (and just dumb) because the Institute on Constitution pushes the theory that 911 was an inside job - that is, that the Bush administration, the Armed Forces, the fire department, police department, etc. orchestrated 911. This is just the most disgusting and stupid conspiracy theory, as it's offensive to the survivors of 911 and others who were traumatized by 911, and EVERY SINGLE CLAIM of these disgusting extremists has been immediately refuted.

To wit:

1. Pastor David Whitney, one of the chief figures of the Institute on the Constitution, happily appeared on a 911 conspiracy podcast:
visibility911.libsyn.com/2006/06
In fact, starting at 54:00, he seems to endorse those who believe that the New World Order did 911, stating that "tyrants of the world have a plan for our country" ... "911 was a big piece in moving that plan forward."
Also, if you listen to it, you'll note that the conspiracy nut hosting the podcast is one of the hosts for the Institute on the Constitution.

2. They published an article by Paul Craig Roberts, in which he repeats his belief that the government's account of 911 is the conspiracy theory: archive.theamericanview.com/index.php...
Paul Craig Roberts is a well-known conspiracist in the 911 Truther community: www.informationclearinghouse.info/article1456...

3. John Lofton, another chief figure at the Institute on the Constitution, led an angry podcast denouncing a very fair ABC News report on 911 Truthers:
archive.theamericanview.com/index.php...
There are some gems here:
10:00 - states that the ABC reporter who did a fair report on Truthers should be ashamed of himself
15:35 - "what really happened on 911"
16:20 - government is pushing a coverup
25:50 - ABC involved in a massive cover-up
33:30 - had interviewed Richard Gage, the most prolific proponent of the controlled demolition silliness
34:30 - when speaking of the Gage CD, indicates that the 911 truther claims are legitimate
36:10 - repeats the nanothermetic dust claim, which is supposedly evidence for explosives (but all of the evidence is laughable)
42:00 - doubts if we can even know that bin Laden ordered the attack, because he can't understand whatever language bin Laden speaks

4. When you purchase the "Constitution host kit" from the Institute on the Constitution - apparently the place where the otherwise uneducated Ricki Pepin got her information on the Constitution - you are sent a copy of "September 11 Revisited: Were Explosives Used to Bring Down the Buildings?" As you might have figured out, the documentary concludes that explosives were used in the Towers.

fauxcapitalist.com/2012/06/11/purchased-an-in...

THESE THE PEOPLE THAT RIGANO, PETRONI KOHLS WANT TO TEACH YOUR CHILDREN ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION!!!
NO CREDITIBILITY

Annandale, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

How in the HELL can the fire department do this without any money?

Firefighter / Paramedic
The Clearcreek Fire District - Springboro, OH

Firefighter / ParamedicThe Clearcreek Fire District, located between Dayton and Cincinnati in Southwest Ohio, is accepting applications for an eligibility list for the position of Firefighter /Paramedic.All applicants are subject to the selection process. All minimum requirements, applications, background materials, and other information can be accessed at http://clearcreektownship.com/FireEMS/ Employment.aspx.Starting salary is $18.08/hr plus excellent benefits.All materials must be submitted to the Fire Chief: Clearcreek Fire District, 925 South Main Street, Springboro, Ohio. Deadline for completed applications is September 30, 2013 @ noon."CLEARCREEK TOWNSHIP AND CLEARCREEK FIRE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER" First Published in Cox Media Group Ohio Newspapers on Sep 1, 2013

Time to get rid of the EVIL. Remove ED WADE and do not elect DALE LANB. Tell Pickett and his sidekick RON WILHELM to start packing their bags. It is time for the CITIZENS to rid this problem and install a more responsive government.
Uno Voter

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

@motorvoter comments in above post:

As a taxpaying homeowner and voter in the Springboro School district, I disagree with the
motorvoter's distortion of Jim Rigano's "views."
Motorvoter is reminded that Jim Rigano was elected by this community to serve our schools and community, as Board of Education representative, simply because the voters agreed with Mr. Rigano's views of leadership. Jim Rigano does not "push" his views; the board is due a note of thanks and appreciation for allowing discussion of differing views. The board is respectfully listening to all input, from all individuals who choose to voice opinions, and ask questions, regarding board policy and by laws within the laws of the State of Ohio. There is no place in our community and our great schools for this "politics of personal destruction" that a few of the bad and ugly have launched against these three good board members! of education BOE ution
Uno Voter

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

@motorvoter comments in above post:

As a taxpaying homeowner and voter in the Springboro School district, I disagree with the
motorvoter's distortion of Jim Rigano's "views."
Motorvoter is reminded that Jim Rigano was elected by this community to serve our schools and community, as Board of Education representative, simply because the voters agreed with Mr. Rigano's views of leadership. Jim Rigano does not "push" his views; the board is due a note of thanks and appreciation for allowing discussion of differing views. The board is respectfully listening to all input, from all individuals who choose to voice opinions, and ask questions, regarding board policy and by laws within the laws of the State of Ohio. There is no place in our community and our great schools for this "politics of personal destruction" that a few of the bad and ugly have launched against these three good board members!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Springboro Forum right now

Search the Springboro Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 min Fitus T Bluster 18,570
Idea - convert tennis courts in front of Sycamo... 25 min proactive idea 3
Please Help!! 1 hr Crusader 1
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 29,344
Heather Brock is a good girl 11 hr Jay 1
Mart Crowe (May '12) Sat greenbear 54
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Sat Go Blue Forever 2,218
•••
•••
•••
•••

Springboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••