Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,274

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Waste Watchers

Akron, OH

#27477 Sep 16, 2013
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
A quarter century later - What has changed?...nothing!
It is unfortunate that many in this and other communities have become so numb and apathetic to the public sector's abject sense of entitlement.
Totally Agree!
Unfortunate, indeed, and very WASTEFUL of our
tax dollars.

Guess that's to be expected in such a wealthy affluent community when citizens would rather pay up and go along to just get along with local government leaders, rather than face the personal attacks and injustices, that our public sector's sense of entitlement, has done to good citizens like Kelly Kohls (simply because of her political beliefs of fiscal responsibility).

Whatever happened to those four Springboro teachers/coaches who "lawyered up" for legal protection instead of telling the truth regarding their behaviors in question?

Wasn't one of those four teacher/coaches, Mr. Benjamin, who was just granted a supplemental sports contract for the new school year? What subjects does Mr. Benjamin teach at the school?

Also, does anyone know if the Tammy Grigsby lawsuit has been settled?
Waste Watchers

Akron, OH

#27478 Sep 16, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice diversion. The board claimed that the technology would be in place for this school year.(actually because of the common core dollars, it has to be) That's why the teachers have the laptops and the towers were removed.
Your diversions are not nice. Your constant criticisms and negative complaints about everything good that our reform-minded board members have achieved in our school district (in less than two years) is a waste of time.

These changes in the way that our school district finances our children's future education are so BIG and so EFFECTIVE and so BENEFICAL, what possible difference do you think your wasteful war of words will make, no matter how long you keep "fighting on?"

"People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson--
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

#27479 Sep 16, 2013
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
What do I realize? Any or all of the following...
You lack enough COGNITIVE ABILITY to click on the Warren County Board of Elections website (the link I PROVIDED to you earlier), the website that provides names of candidates running for Springboro school board, as well as other Warren county elections.
-or-
You are much too A.D.D. to wait until said candidates make their respective strategic campaign moves.
-or-
You are inherently, a jerk.
And there's the name calling again. I've come to expect it.
lol

Akron, OH

#27480 Sep 16, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
And there's the name calling again. I've come to expect it.
..you asked for it! You got it!
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

#27481 Sep 16, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
..you asked for it! You got it!
TOYOTA!!
Heart Burn

United States

#27482 Sep 16, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet no names are uttered. MSA will win on name recognition alone. Don't you people understand elections? Obama does.
Sigh...we've addressed this before, although you ignored the response. I'll try again. How did name recognition work out for a sitting BOE president and a lawyer with a thriving practice here in Boro...Ira Thomsen. A total unknown with a different message whipped him good in a landslide...Kelly Kohls. How did name recognition work out for long time BOE member & President and local Boro Post Master Mike Kruse? How about the SEA teacher with a daughter that is also a SEA teacher, Mary jane Gregg? How did name recognition work out for sitting BOE member Gentry Ellis? Or the big name in name recognition...Lisa Babb? They all ran on name recognition and no message. And how did they all get beat by no names Rigano and Petroni? By running a campaign that had a solid message of why they were running, what they were willing to do to better the kids, the district and the community as a whole. Not a campaign based on revenge of taking "their" board back.

As far as Obama understanding elections...he understands to rely on low information voters that beleive the lip service he gives them. You know...voters that don't do their homework, voters that believe the hype but don't listen to the facts. Voters that decide who to vote for based on sound bites. Voters that, for instance, would say voting for a BOE member with no kids in the district is wrong, voting for a BOE member that sues the district is wrong, voting for a BOE member that has personal agendas and conflicts of interest are the wrong reasons to vote for said candidate, but then say they already have their mind made up to vote for those candidates that share the same negative traits you are against...Sound like anyone YOU know...a typical low information type voter?

Luckily for us this is a local election and Warren County and Boro in general is full of voters that have shown time and time again to do actual homework, vote for the candidates that stand out with positive messages of what they are willing to do to improve the district. Of course there are those exceptions...YOU know what I mean. LOL.
lol

Akron, OH

#27483 Sep 16, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
TOYOTA!!
...homework done?
Just Asking

Akron, OH

#27484 Sep 16, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh...we've addressed this before, although you ignored the response. I'll try again. How did name recognition work out for a sitting BOE president and a lawyer with a thriving practice here in Boro...Ira Thomsen. A total unknown with a different message whipped him good in a landslide...Kelly Kohls. How did name recognition work out for long time BOE member & President and local Boro Post Master Mike Kruse? How about the SEA teacher with a daughter that is also a SEA teacher, Mary jane Gregg? How did name recognition work out for sitting BOE member Gentry Ellis? Or the big name in name recognition...Lisa Babb? They all ran on name recognition and no message. And how did they all get beat by no names Rigano and Petroni? By running a campaign that had a solid message of why they were running, what they were willing to do to better the kids, the district and the community as a whole. Not a campaign based on revenge of taking "their" board back.
As far as Obama understanding elections...he understands to rely on low information voters that beleive the lip service he gives them. You know...voters that don't do their homework, voters that believe the hype but don't listen to the facts. Voters that decide who to vote for based on sound bites. Voters that, for instance, would say voting for a BOE member with no kids in the district is wrong, voting for a BOE member that sues the district is wrong, voting for a BOE member that has personal agendas and conflicts of interest are the wrong reasons to vote for said candidate, but then say they already have their mind made up to vote for those candidates that share the same negative traits you are against...Sound like anyone YOU know...a typical low information type voter?
Luckily for us this is a local election and Warren County and Boro in general is full of voters that have shown time and time again to do actual homework, vote for the candidates that stand out with positive messages of what they are willing to do to improve the district. Of course there are those exceptions...YOU know what I mean. LOL.
Wonder if anybody else who studied the HSTW Ohio Regions Technical Assistance Visit Report, SHS, December 14-15, 2010, noticed that one of the eight team members was Jane Gregg, Community Member/Miami University Adjunct. Is this the same Mary Jane Gregg who has a Springboro School teacher/daughter; and is this the same Mary Jane Gregg who was one of the four 2011 Union school board candidates?
For real

Springboro, OH

#27485 Sep 16, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't speak for them. However I can't support a board that allows hate speach and a confederate flag to be displayed in a board meeting one minute and stiflling free speach the next. The speakers who were thrown out were said not to be speaking about items "on the adgenda". They were speaking about items on the agenda in the executive session portion. Decisions are made in executive session just as they are in public sesson, therefore the public has a RIGHT to speak to either to let their voices be heard.
I also have a hard time with a board that wishes to bring in religion and force it onto kids in public schools.(see Dover) When they did that they are putting our "hard earned tax dollars" at risk, being spend on court cases we (like most others) will loose.
Also I don't see how someone get's voted on to the BOE without having a child enlisted in Springboro Public Schools, but that was the public's decision. Those people have nothing to loose since their children aren't affected by the BOE's decisions.
Again, what are the names of the candidates that are the other options? I would think it's a simple question but I guess if noone supports any other candidates then the election result is pretty much determined before it even starts.
There you go, hearing voices. There were no hate speeches accept yours - every meeting you give another hate speech like it is your swan song but every meeting there you are again Steph. Man, get back on those meds please. Never been a hate speech by anyone but you left people. You are making up things again. Please stop, I am sick and tired of your lies.
Get real

Springboro, OH

#27486 Sep 16, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's one. Two of them have been teachers and therefore would have a better understanding of what teachers go through on a day-to-day basis.
I would also be willing to bet that all of them have spend more time in public schools than some of the children of the current BOE who homeschool their children.
Of course, you'll go on now and rip them for that and say that's why not to vote for them, because they will be for the money-grubbing SEA,etc.(by the way, didn't the teachers agree to a pay freeze a couple of years ago? Oh, sorry, guess that sheds a positive light on the teachers and is not allowed here where it is said that " the KKK has nothing on the American public education system." and that Factcheck.org was made up to prove a point for this discussion.
This board is all about tearing down what is known (MSA) and never bringing up what isn't known (better alternative candidates).
Are you sure you have it right. "What they go through" or what they put the children through?

I hear they tell the kids every day that they don't get paid very much and whoooo is me. "On my salary....." "On a teachers salary...." the funny thing is that kids today look it up and tell their parents about the nonsense their teachers tell them in class and then they all have a good laugh.
Any teacher that tells anyone their pay is poor should immediately find a different job.#1 poor pay is 100% false and #2 try anything else and get the pay they do for part time work. Really?
I think most teachers do a fine job and do what they are paid handsomely to do but those that complain should get out.

Get real

Springboro, OH

#27487 Sep 16, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
But our BOE president puting us in the OSBLC wasn't a conflict?(your hypocrisy is alive and well, I see).
So at their age, you expect them to have children? Who do you think they are, Tony Randall?
At least I've "done my homework" and know who I'm voting for.
"Do your homework" please do your homework. Nothing you said here is correct. The district does not belong to OSBLC. Even if they did all of the OSBA board members are school district board members and they pay thousands of taxpayer/district $ to OSBA so you are wrong many times over on this one. Maybe the district should join OSBLC.. I have cked it out now thanks for the heads up. I ask questions when I don't know what I am talking about before I embarrass myself-think about it.

Ron Malone has a wife and a daughter that work in the district= conflict and conflict.
Get real

Springboro, OH

#27488 Sep 16, 2013
Just Asking wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder if anybody else who studied the HSTW Ohio Regions Technical Assistance Visit Report, SHS, December 14-15, 2010, noticed that one of the eight team members was Jane Gregg, Community Member/Miami University Adjunct. Is this the same Mary Jane Gregg who has a Springboro School teacher/daughter; and is this the same Mary Jane Gregg who was one of the four 2011 Union school board candidates?
What is the HSTW report? See Do Your homework, like this.
Get real

Springboro, OH

#27489 Sep 16, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
While you are all contemplating my above questions I'll ask the same question I asked a couple of weeks ago with niot one single objective answer.
What are a couple of positive obejective reasons to vote FOR any of the MAS candidates?
Convince me with reasons to vote FOR them and not someone else.
Great question. Ya I would love to know what they are running on? See since I have no clue I ask.

Tell me why I should vote for SMA?
tellthetruth

Cleveland, OH

#27490 Sep 17, 2013
Responsible taxpaying citizens should contact Clearcreek Township Administrator, Dennis Pickett, and ask that Mr. Kidd bring an apology to citizens at the next township government meeting.
Mr. Kidd should bring Mr. Vecchi's resignation, with an apology to Clearcreek/Springboro citizens for this unacceptable behavior.
How can we trust our Fire Chief's judgement for future decisions unless he makes the responsible decision to relieve Mr. Vecchi of his irresponsible public service?

"Find out just what thie people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them." - Frederick Douglass

The BEST approach to this problem is to RID ourselves of ED WADE, and NOT TO ELECT DALE LAMB.

They HIRED KIDD and promoted VECCHI. As for Pickett, well, anyone who HIDES behind a beard as NO credibility in my book. Besides, was he not leaving in July 2012 after ED WADE sold health insurance to the township employees for over 30 years and pocketed 1.2 million dollars?
Where do I get this job

Cleveland, OH

#27491 Sep 17, 2013
tellthetruth wrote:
The BEST approach to this problem is to RID ourselves of ED WADE, and NOT TO ELECT DALE LAMB.
They HIRED KIDD and promoted VECCHI. As for Pickett, well, anyone who HIDES behind a beard as NO credibility in my book. Besides, was he not leaving in July 2012 after ED WADE sold health insurance to the township employees for over 30 years and pocketed 1.2 million dollars?
That seems a little suspect, who were the other bidders for the health insurance business in the township?

Being the one who reviews the bids would seem to put Mr. Wade in the catbird's seat.

How do you outbid the guy who makes the decisions and knows your bid before he bids?
Brain Drain Alert

Akron, OH

#27492 Sep 17, 2013
For real wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go, hearing voices. There were no hate speeches accept yours - every meeting you give another hate speech like it is your swan song but every meeting there you are again Steph. Man, get back on those meds please. Never been a hate speech by anyone but you left people. You are making up things again. Please stop, I am sick and tired of your lies.
Mrs. B has crossed the line of civility by running her mouth faster than her brain can re-arrange her prejudices and hatred toward everything good that is being accomplished by our reform minded Board of Education elected officials. Her cruel tactics of school government indoctrination (you must conform to status-quo because I said so) by pulling her "ex-military rank" joining with board member Don Miller, to project her oppressive
rule over the citizens of Springboro, have now come to an end in our public school board meetings.
Inquiring minds wonder what Don Miller's reaction would be in the public board meetings, IF, a concerned citizen spoke to the board at the beginning of the meeting, telling the board that WE THE PEOPLE will not tolerate potty mouth Mom hate speech in OUR boardroom, without yelling out "Objection" as she expounds her tunnel vision ignorance....
Synchronistic Wanderings

Xenia, OH

#27493 Sep 17, 2013
tellthetruth wrote:
Responsible taxpaying citizens should contact Clearcreek Township Administrator, Dennis Pickett, and ask that Mr. Kidd bring an apology to citizens at the next township government meeting.
Mr. Kidd should bring Mr. Vecchi's resignation, with an apology to Clearcreek/Springboro citizens for this unacceptable behavior.
How can we trust our Fire Chief's judgement for future decisions unless he makes the responsible decision to relieve Mr. Vecchi of his irresponsible public service?
"Find out just what thie people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them." - Frederick Douglass
Doesn't Doug W. have a beard? Kind of prejeduce don't you think? Funny I though Doug sounded kind of educated.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#27494 Sep 17, 2013
Synchronistic Wanderings wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't Doug W. have a beard? Kind of prejeduce don't you think? Funny I though Doug sounded kind of educated.
Shhhh... I am hiding form the union.
reality

Girard, OH

#27495 Sep 17, 2013
Brain Drain Alert wrote:
<quoted text>
Mrs. B has crossed the line of civility by running her mouth faster than her brain can re-arrange her prejudices and hatred toward everything good that is being accomplished by our reform minded Board of Education elected officials.

Yet another line of civility was crossed the day bulldogs were first allowed to square off beneath her clothing.
Waste Watchers

Akron, OH

#27496 Sep 17, 2013
Synchronistic Wanderings wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal appearances can change; and beards come and go....

The time has now come for all government leaders who waste our money to GO in the direction of .... OUT OF ELECTED OFFICE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr Old Guy 31,185
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Chet Booswahnicki 19,226
"Is there an ISIS crisis at levy time?" Sat Leon Harrison 1
ING is now Yoya, a brand-new investment and ret... Sat Leon Harison 3
This is your lucky Monday! Sat Leon Harison 7
Riverside Police (Sep '11) Sat Do Something 22
Concealed carry in Boro's schools - not a matte... (Jul '13) Sat Master Grand 71
•••
•••
•••

Springboro Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro