Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments (Page 1,349)

Showing posts 26,961 - 26,980 of30,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
No Turning Back

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Long held traditons provide the foundation for Springboro students as they achieve in academics, the arts and athletics. These traditions are merging with the expectations of a changing world. Many of today's top careers didn't exist ten years ago, and our students are growing up immersed in technology. We are creating a 21st Century learning environment where all students are encouraged to succeed in our globally and digitally connected world.

Springboro Schools: Expect More. Achieve More.

How can we believe in Ron Malone's leadership team as board representatives in charge of our children's 21st Century quality classroom education, when Mr. Malone doesn't even believe in himself as a good "fit" with Board expectations?

"I've always felt that the key to a person's effectiveness is how they fit within an organizational philosophy. This changes over time. I'm not sure the fit is a good now as when I came to Springboro in 2000."
- Ron Malone, former high school principal and 2013 school board candidate

People in this community need to spread the news that Mr. Malone seeks to gain control of our reform minded Children First Budgeting Board Members, with whom he disagrees in 21st century education philosophy, only to re-instate status quo SEA business as usual ...
To put the re-emphasis on increased dollars for more union employees job security, while leaving our kids left behind.

Some people get so entrenched in the old philosophy of status quo business as usual that it’s tough to get them to think whether or not something is going to help the kids.
Heart Burn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
And there are those still waiting for names and reasons. I've seen plenty of why NOT to vote for someone, but never why TO vote for someone (unless from an MSA supporter, whose ideas are of no importance here, obviously).
Uhhhhhh, using YOUR criteria:

1) Not a bunch of old men with no kids in the system. Do the other candidates have children in the district? If yes then your homework is flawed

2) Not a bunch of old men with a history of suing the district. Have any of the other candidates ever sued the district? If the answer is no then you homework is flawed.

3) Not a bunch of old men with conflicts of interests. Do any of the other candidates have conflicts of interests, personal agendas to protect family members, etc? If the ansnwer is no then your homework is flawed.

There are 3 positive reasons...using YOUR criteria, to vote for, or at the very least not have your mkjind made up already and look at other candidates.
truth to power

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

2) Over the next few weeks, advertisements and yard signage will begin flooding onto every street.
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>

2) Word is already out about MSA.
Yeah! The word's out about MSA, alright!
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't speak for them. However I can't support a board that allows hate speach and a confederate flag to be displayed in a board meeting one minute and stiflling free speach the next. The speakers who were thrown out were said not to be speaking about items "on the adgenda". They were speaking about items on the agenda in the executive session portion. Decisions are made in executive session just as they are in public sesson, therefore the public has a RIGHT to speak to either to let their voices be heard.
I also have a hard time with a board that wishes to bring in religion and force it onto kids in public schools.(see Dover) When they did that they are putting our "hard earned tax dollars" at risk, being spend on court cases we (like most others) will loose.
Also I don't see how someone get's voted on to the BOE without having a child enlisted in Springboro Public Schools, but that was the public's decision. Those people have nothing to loose since their children aren't affected by the BOE's decisions.
Again, what are the names of the candidates that are the other options? I would think it's a simple question but I guess if noone supports any other candidates then the election result is pretty much determined before it even starts.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend your right to have your say.

Is displaying a Confederate flag a crime of some sort?

The speakers who were asked to leave were because they kept arguing with the chair about what they felt they had the right to do whether or not it was in agreement with the rules of order.

Since no one but those in executive session know what goes on there, I find it exceptionally difficult to believe these people wished to speak on subjects they had no idea existed or not. Those asked to leave were just causing trouble for the sake of causing trouble and grandstanding to a partisan union and pro-union crowd.

I must have missed the forced Catholic catechism classes, when did that happen?

Spent on meaningless court cases, you mean like Ms Gregg's court case? It doesn't get any more meaningless than that. The real perps in that one are long gone, Mr. Long, Mr Lolli, Mr Renshaw, and Ms Warner. One person who did not show up in any discussions was Ron Malone, the erstwhile principal and supervisor of Mr. Renshaw, and in whose school Ms Griggs was to have taught. You would have thought that given the nature of this affair, Mr. Malone's superiors, Mr. Lolli, Mr. Long or Mrs. Warner may have contacted him about this matter. None did according to their affidavits, a casual dismissal of Mr. Malone's true degree of relevance within the school district hierarchy or was it a concerted effort to shield someone more intimately involved from possible fallout? Funny what comes out in depositions now, is it not?

Which one of Mr. Malone, Mr. Stuckey, or Mr Anderson has a child of their own in the Springboro public school system?

Mr. Malone, Mr. Stuckey, and Mr Anderson obviously do not have any skin in the game. As older white males on premier retirement plans, they are a generation or two removed and shielded from the struggles of real parenting today.

A funny thing happened on the way to the coronation..........
Curious

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

If the school board is spending money on technology, then why are there eight year old computers in the high school labs?
Heart Burn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, never knew the power I had over your vote. Maybe someday you'll be able to do your OWN resarch and make up your OWN mind. Until then, glad I can influence you (your convictions must be weak, if I have any influence on them).
My own research? Me thinks you haven't read a single thing I've posted.

Did you just say your convictions are weak? I think you're preaching that to the choir...we all have witnessed that from your posts. lol
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Curious wrote:
If the school board is spending money on technology, then why are there eight year old computers in the high school labs?
Money that is planned and allocated for purchases must still move through the proper channels to ensure our district spends that money responsibly, rationally, and reasonably to the best accrued benefit of us all.
No Turning Back

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

partisan wrote:
being on the school board is a very thankless job, with most board members being open to name calling, slanderous statements and having their personal lives put under a microscope. it's a wonder to me why anyone would want to be a school board member.
Obviously, Ron Malone wants to be a "school board member" to continue serving the best interests of the Springboro Education Association. Perhaps he has not looked past his big ego broadly enough to recognize that a school board representative has to have VISION for doing what's right for our SEA school community AND our community of taxpayers as a whole; and that the school board elected official must have a civic pride in SERVING all constituents.

Our reform minded school board representatives have the winning agenda of civic pride in serving ALL constituents; but Mr. Malone has rejected the new philosophy of our reform minded agenda; and now seeks only to serve his own ego by trying to turn a very important school board election into a popularity contest. Where is the professionalism in this tunnel vision leadership that could possibly benefit our children's future education?
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
When they did that they are putting our "hard earned tax dollars" at risk, being spend on court cases we (like most others) will loose.
Speaking of meaningless lawsuits and wasting people's money just because you can, let me present exhibit number one in the history of David Stuckey.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1987-08-27...

Unfortunately for Mr Stuckey he did not prevail, more than one person in this community has commented over the years on how much better of a basketball coach he was than Mr. Holtrey.
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

truth to power wrote:
<quoted text>
So this virtual wedgie you're experiencing is the result of a lack of ability on your part to access the Warren County BOE site?
Here ya go, skippy!! So glad I could help!!
http://www.co.warren.oh.us/bdelec/candidates_...
No, not my wedgie, it's the lack of anyone here supporting any of these candidates.
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend your right to have your say.
Is displaying a Confederate flag a crime of some sort?
The speakers who were asked to leave were because they kept arguing with the chair about what they felt they had the right to do whether or not it was in agreement with the rules of order.
Since no one but those in executive session know what goes on there, I find it exceptionally difficult to believe these people wished to speak on subjects they had no idea existed or not. Those asked to leave were just causing trouble for the sake of causing trouble and grandstanding to a partisan union and pro-union crowd.
I must have missed the forced Catholic catechism classes, when did that happen?
Spent on meaningless court cases, you mean like Ms Gregg's court case? It doesn't get any more meaningless than that. The real perps in that one are long gone, Mr. Long, Mr Lolli, Mr Renshaw, and Ms Warner. One person who did not show up in any discussions was Ron Malone, the erstwhile principal and supervisor of Mr. Renshaw, and in whose school Ms Griggs was to have taught. You would have thought that given the nature of this affair, Mr. Malone's superiors, Mr. Lolli, Mr. Long or Mrs. Warner may have contacted him about this matter. None did according to their affidavits, a casual dismissal of Mr. Malone's true degree of relevance within the school district hierarchy or was it a concerted effort to shield someone more intimately involved from possible fallout? Funny what comes out in depositions now, is it not?
Which one of Mr. Malone, Mr. Stuckey, or Mr Anderson has a child of their own in the Springboro public school system?
Mr. Malone, Mr. Stuckey, and Mr Anderson obviously do not have any skin in the game. As older white males on premier retirement plans, they are a generation or two removed and shielded from the struggles of real parenting today.
A funny thing happened on the way to the coronation..........
If you would even look at an adgenda, it lists what will be covered in excecutive session, so people know.

"A funny thing happened on the way to the coronation.........." Reminds me of Romney and his party's ineptitude to win an election each time I read it.
Heart Burn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not my wedgie, it's the lack of anyone here supporting any of these candidates.
YOU keep giving us reasons to look at other candidates that may be better qualified...based on your own criteria.
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
My own research? Me thinks you haven't read a single thing I've posted.
Did you just say your convictions are weak? I think you're preaching that to the choir...we all have witnessed that from your posts. lol
Your words, not mine.
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Curious wrote:
Great question...I'm sure the bright people around here have an excuse uh, er answer for that one.
truth to power

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Lerxst wrote:
<quoted text>
Reasons to continue in the direction we are going have been repeatedly posted in this forum (i.e. budget surplus, teacher's contract settled, return of busing, lower pay to play fees, lower tax amount proposed on the upcoming levy, etc.). Go visit http://educatespringboro.org/ for more. If the candidates on the ballot continue that (whether Malone, Stuckey, Anderson or Mickey Mouse) then they will get my vote.
If three seats were to be elected and I had only these options, I'd vote for Mickey.
Then I'd submit write-in ballots for Goofy and Pluto.

From what has been seen, heard, uttered, written and posted thus far, Malone Stuckey and Anderson are developing (sigh, yet another) "for the kids" campaign theme. So far their campaigns are not positive efforts. Most of their energies appears to be involved in making carefully selective attacks at past or present school board decisions, or worse, board members themselves. This community is not hearing anything from Malone Stuckey or Anderson about their respective individual visions or plans for Springboro Schools.

Just like you eloquently posted, Lerxst, this current board has brought financial stability to this district - Financial stability for the first time in a decade. By focusing on financial stability as a first priority, it eventually opened many doors that allowed the board to address scores upon scores of long overdue student educational needs and long overdue infrastructure needs. And of course as everyone knows, recently the teachers got the payday they were looking for.

This community remembers o-so-well the levels of manipulation it was forced through during the tax-and-spend Baker years. Voters in this community are wise enough to understand that voting in Malone Stuckey and Anderson represent a regressive a step toward a similiar type of lack of accountability this district suffered from during Detwiller-Baker. Voters in this community have a clear realization that school board meeting audiences are pre-planned well in advance to be heavily seated by with those in support of the teachers union. These union members have no qualms about USING THEIR CHILDREN as shills to help ensure that future padding is placed in the insides of their purses and wallets.
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

truth to power wrote:
<quoted text>
If three seats were to be elected and I had only these options, I'd vote for Mickey.
Then I'd submit write-in ballots for Goofy and Pluto.
From what has been seen, heard, uttered, written and posted thus far, Malone Stuckey and Anderson are developing (sigh, yet another) "for the kids" campaign theme. So far their campaigns are not positive efforts. Most of their energies appears to be involved in making carefully selective attacks at past or present school board decisions, or worse, board members themselves. This community is not hearing anything from Malone Stuckey or Anderson about their respective individual visions or plans for Springboro Schools.
Just like you eloquently posted, Lerxst, this current board has brought financial stability to this district - Financial stability for the first time in a decade. By focusing on financial stability as a first priority, it eventually opened many doors that allowed the board to address scores upon scores of long overdue student educational needs and long overdue infrastructure needs. And of course as everyone knows, recently the teachers got the payday they were looking for.
This community remembers o-so-well the levels of manipulation it was forced through during the tax-and-spend Baker years. Voters in this community are wise enough to understand that voting in Malone Stuckey and Anderson represent a regressive a step toward a similiar type of lack of accountability this district suffered from during Detwiller-Baker. Voters in this community have a clear realization that school board meeting audiences are pre-planned well in advance to be heavily seated by with those in support of the teachers union. These union members have no qualms about USING THEIR CHILDREN as shills to help ensure that future padding is placed in the insides of their purses and wallets.
You realize that doing that hands the victory to MSA. Your choice.
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU keep giving us reasons to look at other candidates that may be better qualified...based on your own criteria.
And yet no names are uttered. MSA will win on name recognition alone. Don't you people understand elections? Obama does.
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Money that is planned and allocated for purchases must still move through the proper channels to ensure our district spends that money responsibly, rationally, and reasonably to the best accrued benefit of us all.
Nice diversion. The board claimed that the technology would be in place for this school year.(actually because of the common core dollars, it has to be) That's why the teachers have the laptops and the towers were removed.
reality

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of meaningless lawsuits and wasting people's money just because you can, let me present exhibit number one in the history of David Stuckey.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1987-08-27...
Unfortunately for Mr Stuckey he did not prevail, more than one person in this community has commented over the years on how much better of a basketball coach he was than Mr. Holtrey.
A quarter century later - What has changed?...nothing!

It is unfortunate that many in this and other communities have become so numb and apathetic to the public sector's abject sense of entitlement.
tellthetruth

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

School board president brought identity fraud complaint

Assistant fire chief under investigation Blog post basis for identity fraud probe

Posted: 12:05 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013

By Lawrence Budd - Staff Writer

Kelly Kohls, president of the Springboro school board, filed a complaint that resulted in the investigation of an assistant fire chief facing an identity fraud allegation, according to a police report obtained by the Dayton Daily News.

Kohls reported to Clearcreek Twp. police on July 27 that someone posed as her in an internet blog focused on Springboro school levy issues, according to the report.

The initial report that triggered the investgation of Chris Vecchi, assistant fire chief in Clearcreek Township, was obtained Wednesday in response to a newspaper request for documents.

The blog post was made on July 27 in a discussion of the need for a school levy in Springboro, according to the report.

The board recently voted to seek renewal of a reduced levy for operating funds after months of heated community debate. District voters have rejected five consecutive levies for new operating funds.

Vecchi was placed on administrative leave on Aug. 15, pending results of an identity fraud investigation by police and an internal investigation, according to township records.

Authorities began focusing on Vecchi after investigating Kohls’ complaint and obtaining a warrant that enabled them to identify the source of the blog posting, Clearcreek Twp. Police Chief John Terrill said Wednesday.

No charges have been filed.
Terrill said he still is investigating whether there is enough proof to bring one or more criminal charges.

“That may lead to one. It may lead to more than one,” Terrill said.

Vecchi’s suspension notice said he is accused of identity fraud, a fifth-degree felony.

The Clearcreeek Township Fire District provides fire protection and ambulance service in Springboro and the township. Springboro has its own police department.

Kohls, who is not seeking re-election, could not be reached for comment.

Vecchi’s lawyer said he is working with a township lawyer to resolve the matter.

As part of his administrative leave requirements, Vecchi, a firefighter in Clearcreek Twp. since September 2003, is required to remain at his home from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on weekdays. No disciplinary hearing has been scheduled.

Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell said his office was contacted by Clearcreek police about an identity fraud case.

“Nobody was identified at that time,” Fornshell said in an email earlier this week.

In Ohio, identity fraud is the criminal charge used in cases involving the alleged theft of a person’s identity or fraud committed using the stolen identity, according to authorities.

“Identity theft and identity fraud are terms used to refer to all types of crime in which someone wrongfully obtains and uses another person’s personal data in some way that involves fraud or deception, typically for economic gain,” according to the U.S. Department of Justice.

There is no allegation of financial gain in this case. Still Terrill said using someone’s identity on a blog could result in criminal action.

“Sometimes you are responsible for the words that you write,” Terrill said.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 26,961 - 26,980 of30,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Springboro Forum right now

Search the Springboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What is Aspergers Syndrome? (Sep '11) 44 min kris moore 190
tattoo parlors 48 min kris moore 8
I need a rice cooker and a backpack... 1 hr CMS 3
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Becca4vous 17,740
Are Hookah Bars good for you? 3 hr The Duke of Hazard 2
Sen Reid(D) is anti American,need to go! 3 hr The Duke of Hazard 2
Longtime WDTN Sports Director Omar Williams pas... (May '08) 3 hr The Duke of Hazard 30
•••
•••
•••
•••

Springboro Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance