Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 31883 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

All Grown Up

Akron, OH

#27421 Sep 15, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no names to vote for.
Ron Malone, David Stuckey, Charles Anderson...
three names to vote for;
but, still NO principles worth voting for?

Some of us who are all grown up now and old enough to vote are
more interested in the principles that we will be voting for in November; rather than the former high school principal's vote for revenge.
Do your homework

Maineville, OH

#27422 Sep 15, 2013
All Grown Up wrote:
<quoted text>
three names to vote for;
more interested in the principles that we will be voting for in November; rather than the former high school principal's vote for revenge.
And yet you "grown ups" can't name the candidates you DO support.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#27423 Sep 15, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't question them when they ran? Selective, aren't we.
Still no names to vote for.
Here's an idea MSA supporters will vote for MSA and you all can vote for who you've named...NOBODY. Guess even you could know the outcome of that.
Quite on the contrary, I tend to question everyone, just ask them.

Are you telling the reading public that Mr Malone, Mr Stuckey, and Mr Anderson stand for effectively, nothing?

It does not surprise me, but it still begs the question, " why would they want the job?"
All Grown Up

Akron, OH

#27424 Sep 16, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
three names to vote for;

Heart Burn

United States

#27425 Sep 16, 2013
If I remember correctly, and I think I do, back when Rigano and Petroni were running their successful, fact filled campaign there was one huge issue from the nattering naybobs of negatvity that they constantly said prevented them from even considering casting a ballot for the Children First platform. They,(Babb, Carlisle, Hall, Vasilakus, Schrof, Christian, Manney, Bowman, Jobe, Valimagna, Ellis, Gregg, and plenty of others spoke of it publically and on these very pages. It was a constant theme of why not to vote for Petroni and Rigano, adn a reason to vote for their preferred candidates.

Anyone remember what it was?

Anyone want to point out the blatant hypocrisy coming from these very same people to support MSA?
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

#27426 Sep 16, 2013
All Grown Up wrote:
<quoted text>
three names to vote for;
Heart Burn

United States

#27427 Sep 16, 2013
While you are all contemplating my above questions I'll ask the same question I asked a couple of weeks ago with niot one single objective answer.

What are a couple of positive obejective reasons to vote FOR any of the MAS candidates?

Convince me with reasons to vote FOR them and not someone else.
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

#27428 Sep 16, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite on the contrary, I tend to question everyone, just ask them.
Are you telling the reading public that Mr Malone, Mr Stuckey, and Mr Anderson stand for effectively, nothing?
It does not surprise me, but it still begs the question, " why would they want the job?"
I don't speak for them. However I can't support a board that allows hate speach and a confederate flag to be displayed in a board meeting one minute and stiflling free speach the next. The speakers who were thrown out were said not to be speaking about items "on the adgenda". They were speaking about items on the agenda in the executive session portion. Decisions are made in executive session just as they are in public sesson, therefore the public has a RIGHT to speak to either to let their voices be heard.

I also have a hard time with a board that wishes to bring in religion and force it onto kids in public schools.(see Dover) When they did that they are putting our "hard earned tax dollars" at risk, being spend on court cases we (like most others) will loose.

Also I don't see how someone get's voted on to the BOE without having a child enlisted in Springboro Public Schools, but that was the public's decision. Those people have nothing to loose since their children aren't affected by the BOE's decisions.

Again, what are the names of the candidates that are the other options? I would think it's a simple question but I guess if noone supports any other candidates then the election result is pretty much determined before it even starts.
Heart Burn

United States

#27429 Sep 16, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you can't give a single objective reason reason to vote for any of the MSA candidates you DO support.

Kinda odd really.
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

#27430 Sep 16, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
While you are all contemplating my above questions I'll ask the same question I asked a couple of weeks ago with niot one single objective answer.
What are a couple of positive obejective reasons to vote FOR any of the MAS candidates?
Here's one. Two of them have been teachers and therefore would have a better understanding of what teachers go through on a day-to-day basis.

I would also be willing to bet that all of them have spend more time in public schools than some of the children of the current BOE who homeschool their children.

Of course, you'll go on now and rip them for that and say that's why not to vote for them, because they will be for the money-grubbing SEA,etc.(by the way, didn't the teachers agree to a pay freeze a couple of years ago? Oh, sorry, guess that sheds a positive light on the teachers and is not allowed here where it is said that " the KKK has nothing on the American public education system." and that Factcheck.org was made up to prove a point for this discussion.

This board is all about tearing down what is known (MSA) and never bringing up what isn't known (better alternative candidates).
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

#27431 Sep 16, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you can't give a single objective reason reason to vote for any of the MSA candidates you DO support.
Kinda odd really.
Just did, you gonna give ANY NAMES (let alone reasons)??

<crickets>
Heart Burn

United States

#27432 Sep 16, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>...Also I don't see how someone get's voted on to the BOE without having a child enlisted in Springboro Public Schools, but that was the public's decision. Those people have nothing to loose since their children aren't affected by the BOE's decisions....
ANNNNND BAM! There it is. You answered my previous question and didn't even realize it.

You are so blind by your own hypocrisy and double standards you don't even understand that NONE of the MSA candidates you support have any kids enrolled in the district...not a one. In fact by casting a ballot for Malone you are voting not only for a candidate with not kids in the system but for a man that has a huge conflict of interest. His wife and step daughter work for the district and are SEA dues paying members.

So since YOU thought the public made a mistake by voting for Rigano and Petroni for the sole reason of not having kids "enlisted" in the district, how can you cast a ballot for 3 more candidates with no a single child "enlisted" in the district?

By electing MSA yoiu will have a BOE of 5 men without a single child "enlisted" in the district, and one with a huge conflict of interest.

Why was this an issue for you then but not now?(your hypocrisy slip is showing again)
Heart Burn

United States

#27433 Sep 16, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
<crickets>
I don't know who I will be voting for yet. But if those that support the MSA ticket can't provide a single objective reason to consider them as viable candidates, then I am forced to look at other choices. Voting because they were union teachers in the past is not an objective reason to vote for 3 men with no kids "enlisted" in the system. In fact you gave me a reason NOT to vote for them. Remember this was YOUR reason not mine.
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>Also I don't see how someone get's voted on to the BOE without having a child enlisted in Springboro Public Schools... Those people have nothing to loose since their children aren't affected by the BOE's decisions.
So if having kids in the system is a big reason for YOU on who to cast a ballot for, AND you beleive those on the BOE with no kids in the system some how means they make decisions about our kids but "have nothing to loose since their children aren't affected by the BOE's decisions". Who will be affected the most by the decsions Malone makes? His SEA member wife? His SEA member step daughter? When you go to answer these q's (I won't be holding my breath) remember I am using YOUR criteria, not mine when I contemplate how to vote.
truth to power

Girard, OH

#27434 Sep 16, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
If I remember correctly, and I think I do, back when Rigano and Petroni were running their successful, fact filled campaign there was one huge issue from the nattering naybobs of negatvity that they constantly said prevented them from even considering casting a ballot for the Children First platform. They,(Babb, Carlisle, Hall, Vasilakus, Schrof, Christian, Manney, Bowman, Jobe, Valimagna, Ellis, Gregg, and plenty of others spoke of it publically and on these very pages. It was a constant theme of why not to vote for Petroni and Rigano, adn a reason to vote for their preferred candidates.
Anyone remember what it was?
Anyone want to point out the blatant hypocrisy coming from these very same people to support MSA?
Yes I do. The issue was home schooling. A lot of heat was directed at Petroni because he and his wife choose to home school their kids. How ironic that almost two years later, David Petroni's efforts for our schools has garnered the greatest amount of community respect of any current board member.
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

#27435 Sep 16, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
ANNNNND BAM! There it is. You answered my previous question and didn't even realize it.
You are so blind by your own hypocrisy and double standards you don't even understand that NONE of the MSA candidates you support have any kids enrolled in the district...not a one. In fact by casting a ballot for Malone you are voting not only for a candidate with not kids in the system but for a man that has a huge conflict of interest. His wife and step daughter work for the district and are SEA dues paying members.
So since YOU thought the public made a mistake by voting for Rigano and Petroni for the sole reason of not having kids "enlisted" in the district, how can you cast a ballot for 3 more candidates with no a single child "enlisted" in the district?
By electing MSA yoiu will have a BOE of 5 men without a single child "enlisted" in the district, and one with a huge conflict of interest.
Why was this an issue for you then but not now?(your hypocrisy slip is showing again)
But our BOE president puting us in the OSBLC wasn't a conflict?(your hypocrisy is alive and well, I see).

So at their age, you expect them to have children? Who do you think they are, Tony Randall?

At least I've "done my homework" and know who I'm voting for.
Lerxst

Girard, OH

#27436 Sep 16, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
I have repeatedly asked the same thing. Still waiting.
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

#27437 Sep 16, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who I will be voting for yet. But if those that support the MSA ticket can't provide a single objective reason to consider them as viable candidates, then I am forced to look at other choices. Voting because they were union teachers in the past is not an objective reason to vote for 3 men with no kids "enlisted" in the system. In fact you gave me a reason NOT to vote for them. Remember this was YOUR reason not mine.
<quoted text>
So if having kids in the system is a big reason for YOU on who to cast a ballot for, AND you beleive those on the BOE with no kids in the system some how means they make decisions about our kids but "have nothing to loose since their children aren't affected by the BOE's decisions". Who will be affected the most by the decsions Malone makes? His SEA member wife? His SEA member step daughter? When you go to answer these q's (I won't be holding my breath) remember I am using YOUR criteria, not mine when I contemplate how to vote.
Wow, never knew the power I had over your vote. Maybe someday you'll be able to do your OWN resarch and make up your OWN mind. Until then, glad I can influence you (your convictions must be weak, if I have any influence on them).
truth to power

Girard, OH

#27438 Sep 16, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
<crickets>
Here's three good reasons:

1) Any district voter can use their deductive reasoning to go to Warren County Board of Election website to discern common sense candidates from the union-supported candidates.

2) Over the next few weeks, advertisements and yard signage will begin flooding onto every street.

3) Why should we reveal these names when we're having WAY too much fun "messin' with Do your homework"?
From the mountain

Xenia, OH

#27439 Sep 16, 2013
truth to power wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do. The issue was home schooling. A lot of heat was directed at Petroni because he and his wife choose to home school their kids. How ironic that almost two years later, David Petroni's efforts for our schools has garnered the greatest amount of community respect of any current board member.
And yet his efforts are still not enough to have his kids placed with the others in public schools. Must be nice up on the mountain.
Do your homework

Xenia, OH

#27440 Sep 16, 2013
Lerxst wrote:
<quoted text>
I have repeatedly asked the same thing. Still waiting.
And there are those still waiting for names and reasons. I've seen plenty of why NOT to vote for someone, but never why TO vote for someone (unless from an MSA supporter, whose ideas are of no importance here, obviously).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
maternity care new to area 9 hr newbymom 1
why do white people smell like wet dogs? (Oct '14) 11 hr THE DOCTOR IS IN 17
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr Benny Osteen 20,106
Today's Leon Harrison Quotation 21 hr Leon Harrison 32
"Our ITTs can't compete with their H-1Bs" Aug 30 Leon Harrison 1
Why imported immigrant H-1Bs are better than yo... Aug 29 The Hack Checker 1
"Our Humvees are good and tough enough" Aug 27 Leon Harrison 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springboro Mortgages