Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 31937 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#26958 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the original poster was reffering to bringing in the constitution classes into the cirriculum where the children would have it forced upon them.
Churches and sunday schools renting the facilities has nothing to do with the concern. You wouldn't bloviate apples to oranges, therefore no need to.
Maybe you should read abit closer before assuming.
At no time was Ms Pippin considered for a teaching position in our school system. Hers is a private group offering.

If you have other proof of such prospective hiring of Ms. Pippin please do share with the rest of us.

Also could you share with us why it took Mr. Hanson about a week to institute a dual credit program that allows our children to earn high school and college credit with the same A/P class?

Mr Malone had been investigating the program for 6 years and he was not able to get anything done with dual credit even when the current Board of Education was prompting him to do so.

Mr. Malone had been notified for years and numerous program of study audits by the Warren County Educational Services Center that such a program would be beneficial for his students and families.

Why did Mr. Malone not move on the dual credit issue for the 6 years we can document that he knew about the program?

Didn't Mr. Malone care for the future of our children and their families who supported them?
Heart Burn

United States

#26959 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to site your direct copy & paste. It is from:
The Development of a Curriculum in the Early American Colleges
Author(s): Joe W. Kraus
Source: History of Education Quarterly, Vol. 1, No. 2,(Jun., 1961), pp. 64-76
Published by: History of Education Society
Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/367641
You also didn't site the whole text, the last paragraph states:
"Thus, the curriculum of early American colleges was modeled
closely after the seventeenth-century curriculum of Cambridge
University. During the latter part of the eighteenth century, however,
we see that the colleges began to deviate from the earlier
pattern in several important ways. The tutorial system gave way
to a faculty with teaching assignments by subjects; in methodology
the syllogistic disputation was replaced by exercises with less rigid
rules of procedure and a wider range of subjects; and modern
foreign languages, science, and political education found a place
in the college curriculum."
And some people here actually think you write all this stuff...
And some people here actually think you would be able to string together a few sentences that actually refute the facts,(most sourced and cited...not "site"), Mr Weideman shares. Such as the factual citations of Mr Malones inability to do a proper job of challenging our students, instead of dumbing down the course study. YOU have failed to challenge any of these cited and sourced facts Mr. Wiedemann has repeatedly shared here. Instead he endures your petty personal attacks, trying to have an adult discussion with you. Well Done.

Anyone else take note our "D" grade in todays DDN when it comes to challenging our gifted students?

Mr Malone?
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#26960 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to site your direct copy & paste. It is from:
The Development of a Curriculum in the Early American Colleges
Author(s): Joe W. Kraus
Source: History of Education Quarterly, Vol. 1, No. 2,(Jun., 1961), pp. 64-76
Published by: History of Education Society
Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/367641
You also didn't site the whole text, the last paragraph states:
"Thus, the curriculum of early American colleges was modeled
closely after the seventeenth-century curriculum of Cambridge
University. During the latter part of the eighteenth century, however,
we see that the colleges began to deviate from the earlier
pattern in several important ways. The tutorial system gave way
to a faculty with teaching assignments by subjects; in methodology
the syllogistic disputation was replaced by exercises with less rigid
rules of procedure and a wider range of subjects; and modern
foreign languages, science, and political education found a place
in the college curriculum."
And some people here actually think you write all this stuff...
My bad for not including the annotation, but my dear, you are still wrong in your assertions.

As your text plainly illuminates, the latter part of the 18th century would have been long after those who wrote the Constitution would have matriculated from college.

Mathematics, algebra, geometry, and scientific notation do equate with what we find on the Ohio Achievement Assessment 8th grade math test today.

If you would rather be treated by physician who study his science in the 18th century vs someone taught today, I will gladly apply the leeches for your bleeding so we may properly adjust your humors.

And perhaps you would care to espouse more loudly on what ontological lectures and debate entailed. Or maybe syllogistic disputations and on what subjects the entailed?

Ontology, in analytic philosophy, concerns the determination whether some categories of being are fundamental and asks in what sense can the items in those categories be said to "be." It is the inquiry into being in so much as it is being ("being qua being"), or into beings insofar as they exist—and not insofar as, for instance, particular facts can be obtained about them or particular properties belong to them.

Interesting stuff for those who enjoy philosophy classes.

Syllogistic disputations follow logic and come along the lines of:

Major premise: All humans are mortal.
Minor premise: All Greeks are humans.
Conclusion: All Greeks are mortal.

This as well may be found in the logic section of the Ohio Achievement Assessment 8th grade math test.

They did have us with the study of Greek and Latin, we have sadly consigned them in modern education to the trash heap of irrelevance.
Do your homework

Dayton, OH

#26961 Aug 30, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
My bad for not including the annotation, but my dear, you are still wrong in your assertions.
As your text plainly illuminates, the latter part of the 18th century would have been long after those who wrote the Constitution would have matriculated from college.
Mathematics, algebra, geometry, and scientific notation do equate with what we find on the Ohio Achievement Assessment 8th grade math test today.
If you would rather be treated by physician who study his science in the 18th century vs someone taught today, I will gladly apply the leeches for your bleeding so we may properly adjust your humors.
And perhaps you would care to espouse more loudly on what ontological lectures and debate entailed. Or maybe syllogistic disputations and on what subjects the entailed?
Ontology, in analytic philosophy, concerns the determination whether some categories of being are fundamental and asks in what sense can the items in those categories be said to "be." It is the inquiry into being in so much as it is being ("being qua being"), or into beings insofar as they exist—and not insofar as, for instance, particular facts can be obtained about them or particular properties belong to them.
This as well may be found in the logic section of the Ohio Achievement Assessment 8th grade math test.
They did have us with the study of Greek and Latin, we have sadly consigned them in modern education to the trash heap of irrelevance.
Who are you calling dear? Must be assuming I'm female, would have expected more from you and assumptions.
Do your homework

Dayton, OH

#26962 Aug 30, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
And some people here actually think you would be able to string together a few sentences that actually refute the facts,(most sourced and cited...not "site"), Mr Weideman shares. Such as the factual citations of Mr Malones inability to do a proper job of challenging our students, instead of dumbing down the course study. YOU have failed to challenge any of these cited and sourced facts Mr. Wiedemann has repeatedly shared here. Instead he endures your petty personal attacks, trying to have an adult discussion with you. Well Done.
Anyone else take note our "D" grade in todays DDN when it comes to challenging our gifted students?
Mr Malone?
It takes money to help gifted students, the BOE couldn't get a levy passed and now we get the "D" and you blame it on Malone? You all have it out for him. Not "citing" references is frowned upon in higher education. I just want everyone here to know that all the credit he is given (and you give alot of it) is stuff that can be simply found through google.

Finally if people are that concerned with the state of the board then why are they not running themselves, or supporting/naming candidates who are running they can get behind?

(I'm supposing your personal attacks on me are ok?, as well as Doug assuming that someone who he talks down to is female?)
Do your homework

Dayton, OH

#26963 Aug 30, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, you didn't thank wikipedia:

"Major premise: All humans are mortal.
Conclusion: All Greeks are mortal."
Do your homework

Dayton, OH

#26964 Aug 30, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Malone?
And by the way, I don't see you defending Dr. Malone when he has personal attacks from Doug, or yourself for that matter. Didn't know you were the moral compass around here.
Do your homework

Dayton, OH

#26965 Aug 30, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Malone?
And don't for get to correct Doug on his use of the English language:

"And perhaps you would care to espouse more loudly on what ontological lectures and debate entailed. Or maybe syllogistic disputations and on what subjects the entailed?"

Isn't a comma missing?
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#26966 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
"And perhaps you would care to espouse more loudly on what ontological lectures and debate entailed. Or maybe syllogistic disputations and on what subjects the entailed?"
Isn't a comma missing?
So is a y, as in "they entailed.", but you must have missed that in your haste.

Amazingly though, you still got the point.

Have a good day.
Do your homework

Dayton, OH

#26967 Aug 30, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
At no time was Ms Pippin considered for a teaching position in our school system. Hers is a private group offering.
If you have other proof of such prospective hiring of Ms. Pippin please do share with the rest of us.
Also could you share with us why it took Mr. Hanson about a week to institute a dual credit program that allows our children to earn high school and college credit with the same A/P class?
Mr Malone had been investigating the program for 6 years and he was not able to get anything done with dual credit even when the current Board of Education was prompting him to do so.
Mr. Malone had been notified for years and numerous program of study audits by the Warren County Educational Services Center that such a program would be beneficial for his students and families.
Why did Mr. Malone not move on the dual credit issue for the 6 years we can document that he knew about the program?
Didn't Mr. Malone care for the future of our children and their families who supported them?
Can you ever write a post without using the "M" word? I guess you don't have a problem with the "S" or the "A".

However you should be well aware that it was the BOE (three members in particular) wanting to put the constitutional classes into the schools (remember that?) The reason they were offering the classes was so the public could be better educated on their content, as if you couldn't find out about the tie to the League of the South without sitting through the class.

Again I just see you wasting your time asking questions you will never get an answer to and even if you did it wouldn't change the minds of most here.
poundsand

Dayton, OH

#26968 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you calling dear? Must be assuming I'm female, would have expected more from you and assumptions.
obviously, from your posts, TRANSGENDER seems more appropriate.
Did You Know

Cincinnati, OH

#26969 Aug 30, 2013
good grief wrote:
jesus...most of you creatures quote others smarter than yourselves...and then when you decide to speak, you talk out your backside...how about saying what you feel without trying to out do the other...nah...bet no one can...too much into outdoing the other..what a joke all of you are...
....that most of you creatures THINK you are SMART, but the least of us creatures KNOW that you are just re-arranging YOUR professionally educated prejudices against the "least" of these...?
Do your homework

Dayton, OH

#26970 Aug 30, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a good day.
I'm just making a point that some people pick and choose who the pick and choose. It wasn't against you, just those that act as if you're the messiah.
Do your homework

Dayton, OH

#26971 Aug 30, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a good day.
I also see that HeartBurn got the point of site and cite, but it still didn't slow her down.

And you have one as well.
Do your homework

Dayton, OH

#26972 Aug 30, 2013
poundsand wrote:
<quoted text>
obviously, from your posts, TRANSGENDER seems more appropriate.
Now that's not a personal attack at all. And no, I'm not Bradley Manning.

Sorry to burst your dreams.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#26973 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way, I don't see you defending Dr. Malone when he has personal attacks from Doug, or yourself for that matter. Didn't know you were the moral compass around here.
None of my attacks have been about how I have a better beard than he, or he is too skinny, or I have more hair on my head, etc, etc, etc,

My questions and presentations have drawn upon the record Mr. Malone established as principal and leader of not only the high school, but of the district. Every other school in this district is a feeder program for the high school. Just like the major leagues in baseball, the leader of the major league club must ensure the growth and development of the players of tomorrow if the major league club is to be competitive tomorrow. The high school is no different, yet without support from the principal of the high school, individual initiatives that lack the full authority of the principal are likely to fall short.

Thus was the case noted by the audit of the Warren County Educational Services Center for the High Schools That Work program. According to a survey of the teachers at the high school they reported less collaboration between schools than should have been. This too was not a one time occurrence but also was reported in previous audits.

Page 13

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxs0_xA64y_HT...

Reporting what Mr. Malone's professional peers say in audits of the program of studies at the high school is not a personal attack, but more aptly a report of Mr. Malone's record at hand and how it applies to each and every child in the district.
All About Money

Cincinnati, OH

#26974 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you ever write a post without using the "M" word? I guess you don't have a problem with the "S" or the "A".
However you should be well aware that it was the BOE (three members in particular) wanting to put the constitutional classes into the schools (remember that?) The reason they were offering the classes was so the public could be better educated on their content, as if you couldn't find out about the tie to the League of the South without sitting through the class.
Again I just see you wasting your time asking questions you will never get an answer to and even if you did it wouldn't change the minds of most here.
No Posts should be written without using the "M" word -- Education in Springboro Schools is All About the Money -- and Ron Malone is all about gaining control and power of our M-O-N-E-Y so that he can say Y-E-S to every demand of the SEA to take our M-O-N-E-Y away from our children's first budget.
Thanks to all who are posting the truth about the "M" word on this free topix blog. Those who seek to intimidate and silence all opinions contrary to the SEA, should lighten up and go with the flow of differing opinions of taxpaying voters who are all about protecting our M-O-N-E-Y.
Question Everything

Cincinnati, OH

#26975 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you ever write a post without trying to discredit and distort the winning agenda of our current BOE; and without trying to personally attack the BOE with your false accusations and lies?
Aren't your posts of "destructive politics" proving that YOU are the one who isn't doing YOUR homework? Have you considered that the reason could be that you are spending your time bullying the school board; with no time to do your homework studying the issues and learning the truth about the good work being accomplished by our BOE? Do you have one reason WHY we should change directions and follow the "M" word of former SHS princial Ron?
Heart Burn

United States

#26976 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes money to help gifted students, the BOE couldn't get a levy passed and now we get the "D" and you blame it on Malone?

LMBO...Couldn't get a levy passed? I believe this current BOE has proved, very well I might add, that the all those levys were
never needed. The money was there. In case you missed it....Every employee just got raises, all bussing has been restored, P2P was lowered. Every single reason the levy moms preached to use that we "needed" a levy in the first place, this BOE has proved to be false. The money was there, still is. Why were the programs never implemented? When the current BOE even suggested looking at improving our gifted student programs the nattering naybobs screamed from the highest mountains..."NO CHARTER SCHOOLS." Although these programs would have helped our gifted students the SEA wanted nothing to do with non union options. Way to stand for the kids. Mr Malone was quite aware of the programs he could have helped institute...he chose not to.
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
You all have it out for him. Not "citing" references is frowned upon in higher education.
And yet you have not been able to refute a single item he has presented...even when attributed. You have not been able to provide a single cited item that adds to your opinion. Why is that? Why do you ignore the sourced information he provides, only to deflect to an off in the weeds excuse of a single itme that was not attributed? Higher education may frown on unattributed citations, but through personal experiance they frown even more on poor logic, reasoning, and the inability to make a solid argument that backs ones opinion.
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
I just want everyone here to know that all the credit he is given (and you give alot of it) is stuff that can be simply found through google.
And I for one thank him for sharing his information. Perhaps you could share some cited information that helps make your opinion relevent to the discussion. I would be happy to debate your sourced, sited, attributed facts that support your opinion if you could provide some.
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally if people are that concerned with the state of the board then why are they not running themselves, or supporting/naming candidates who are running they can get behind?
You're fooling yourself if you believe that. Try providing a positive reason to vote for your candidate, or any other candidate. I see plenty of cited reasons not to vote for more of the old status quo of the union first mentality. But if you think no one is supporting other candidates, you are sadly mistaken. I for one like this current BOE. They have done a great job when the big picture is in focus.
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
(I'm supposing your personal attacks on me are ok?, as well as Doug assuming that someone who he talks down to is female?)
I'm sorry, but you are going to have to provide a few, one at least, cited examples of when I have ever attacked you on a personal basis. Thanks
Heart Burn

United States

#26977 Aug 30, 2013
Do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't a comma missing?
Still off in the weeds, deflecting away from the real discussion. I guess it is easier to ignore the truth than try to address it.

I won't argue grammer and simple typos on a blog site/sight/cite. ;-D My reqason to point out your obvious misuse of the word site was to suggest those that live in glass houses....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
People Are Saying... 5 hr Go Blue Forever 26
SUH Dude 8 hr Not a Fan of Leon... 4
"Mike Turner ought to thank Fuyao" Sun Not a Fan of Leon... 2
"Beck can cause Trump to lose this election!" Sun Leon Harrison 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Aug 27 Hipocrit 20,505
"Amish" heaters and EdenPURE heaters--Watch OUT! (Dec '08) Aug 27 Eddie 576
News Ridgeville Christian, Dayton Christian merging (Jun '07) Aug 26 Ridgeville Lion 34

Springboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springboro Mortgages