Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments
26,201 - 26,220 of 31,195 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago
Vote For Success

Piqua, OH

#26683 Aug 20, 2013
In case you missed this exciting e-mail news from Springboro Schools....

Springboro Community City Schools
E-News Update
July 17, 2013
SCHOOL BOARD APPROVES AGREEMENT WITH TEACHERS

On July 16, the Springboro Community City Schools Board of Education (BOE) voted unanimously in favor of a new agreement with the Springboro Education Association (SEA). The announcement comes less than a week after the BOE approved a new agreement with the Springboro Classified Employees Association (SCEA).

The highlights of the two-year agreement with the SEA include:
• 80/20 healthcare insurance with employees paying 20%, and school district paying 80%
• 2% raise on base pay for both years one and two
• Step raises for two years
• Establishing a committee to put an equitable performance pay system in place

In comparison, the four-year agreement with the SCEA includes these provisions:
• Step raises for three years
•$1,000 annual stipend for three years
• 80/20 healthcare insurance with employees paying 20%, and school district paying 80%

“This is outstanding news for our employees, taxpayers and students and their families,” said Kelly Kohls, BOE President.“We have an agreement we can afford and that will make our school district more competitive. We will be able to retain our best teachers and attract new top-notch teaching staff. The Springboro School District continues to provide a quality education. We thank our parents, students, community, teachers, administrators and non-teaching staff for our district’s achievements. We look forward to continued excellence in the future.”

Stay Alert Voters

Piqua, OH

#26684 Aug 20, 2013
As you may know, Neighbors for Springboro Schools' mission is to increases school taxes on every Springboro family; simply by creating a false budget crisis, even when there is unprecendented financial stability such as we are now experiencing in our school district; and our financial future looks bright for years to come.

Please stay alert to the NFSS strategy to fight against our successful children's first budget, throughout the upcoming weeks of fiercely campaigning for the election of pro-union school board candidates Ron Malone,Charles Anderson, David Stuckey,Lisa Babb.

The bottom line is that.... Malone,Anderson,Stuckey,Babb seek to gain control of the board; and their only goal is to campaign for increased taxes!

Of course, the NFSS would not be doing THEIR job of union activists if they failed to personally attack their opposition during the school board campaign, in their efforts to distort the winning agenda of our children's first budget; and discredit the amazing achievements made by our reform minded BOE majority in just 18 months of service to our schools and community!
Don't be deceived by these union school board candidates who have ganged up with the generous funding of the SEA and the NFSS to launch a
mean-spiritied war of words "voting for revenge" against our new school board candidates Wendy Kull, Charles Bitner, and Kolton Vaughn.
accountability

Girard, OH

#26685 Aug 20, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
While Dave is a nice guy, I have trouble getting behind someone for school board whose soul purpose in running is to restore Coach Holtrey to his rightful place as head boys basketball coach.
Me thinks the only chance of this ever happening would be if Holtrey were to help retrieve sizable chunks of the remaining "missing" booster money.
lol

Piqua, OH

#26686 Aug 20, 2013
accountability wrote:
<quoted text>
Me thinks the only chance of this ever happening would be if Holtrey were to help retrieve sizable chunks of the remaining "missing" booster money.
totally agree! not a chance of Troy Holtrey being restored to his rightful place; since he has proven himself to have been the WRONG person to have been there in the FIRST place.

That Malone-Stuckey-Anderson-Babb hostile union takeover attempt in November 2013 has all the wrong PRINCIPALS of all the has been losers of the past....AND nothing to offer in the direction of opportunity for our childrens future of success!
The clock is ticking and we all know the right direction at the polls is voting NO more Malone-Stuckey-Anderson-Babb!
Spread the word, Springboro! Our schools and community deserve better than Malone's continued practices of unionism enslavement.
Hoof Hearted

United States

#26687 Aug 20, 2013
accountability wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be true, but be aware of what Weideman said. That is...what Stucky's true agenda is.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#26688 Aug 20, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
totally agree! not a chance of Troy Holtrey being restored to his rightful place; since he has proven himself to have been the WRONG person to have been there in the FIRST place.
That Malone-Stuckey-Anderson-Babb hostile union takeover attempt in November 2013 has all the wrong PRINCIPALS of all the has been losers of the past....AND nothing to offer in the direction of opportunity for our childrens future of success!
The clock is ticking and we all know the right direction at the polls is voting NO more Malone-Stuckey-Anderson-Babb!
Spread the word, Springboro! Our schools and community deserve better than Malone's continued practices of unionism enslavement.
There are so many good reasons to oppose these people, why don't we present the argument and ask people to support as much.

You do have examples to back up your rhetoric, don't you?

Share them, demonstrate what makes the candidates you support the superior choice.

As it stands right now bloviating about has beens and losers doesn't give people much to work with in their decision making process.
Did You Know

Piqua, OH

#26689 Aug 20, 2013
Did You Know... long held traditions provide the foundation for Springboro students as they achieve in academics, the arts and athletics. These traditions are merging with the expectations of a changing world. Many of today's top careers didn't exist ten years ago, and our students are growing up immersed in technology. We are creating a 21st Century learning environment where all students are encouraged to succeed in our globally and digitally connected world.

Did You Know... that when our students return to the 2013-2014 year, they will see our schools and ommunity-wide commitment to their success!

...Did You Know through the outdated tunnel vision of school board candidate, Ron Malone, that all he says about our unprecedented success is:
"there are a large number of unknown factors right now."

Inquiring minds would ask Mr. Malone: Really, Are you For S-U-R-E?
Did You Know

Piqua, OH

#26690 Aug 20, 2013
Did You Know... long held traditions provide the foundation for Springboro students as they achieve in academics, the arts and athletics. These traditions are merging with the expectations of a changing world. Many of today's top careers didn't exist ten years ago, and our students are growing up immersed in technology. We are creating a 21st Century learning environment where all students are encouraged to succeed in our globally and digitally connected world.

Did You Know... that when our students return to the 2013-2014 year, they will see our Schools and Community-wide commitment to their success!

...Did You Know through the outdated tunnel vision of school board candidate, Ron Malone, that all he says about our unprecedented success is:
"there are a large number of unknown factors right now."

Inquiring minds would ask Mr. Malone: Really, Are You For S-U-R-E?

Mr. Malone goes on to say "This changes over time.
I'm not S-U-R-E the fit is as good now as when I came to Springboro in 2000. My strengths and the board's expectations of my possition do not match as well asI would like. There needs to be a re-emphasis on the value of the educator."

Really, Mr. Malone? And of what Value would that status quo emphasis be to our students' 21st century success in our changing world of education?
Eyes Wide Open

Piqua, OH

#26691 Aug 20, 2013
Mr. Malone goes on to say "This changes over time.
I'm not S-U-R-E the fit is as good now as when I came to Springboro in 2000. My strengths and the board's expectations of my possition do not match as well asI would like...."

You betcha, Mr. Malone is right!...the times they are a-changing .... Reforming budgets and levy alternatives, implemented successfully by our reform minded BOE majority representatives, simply is not a good FIT with the high labor cost of forced unionism.

Mr. Malone's 40 years of PAST expertise as a professional educator for decades is now ended on a highly successful note; that should bolster his ego enough to go quietly....it's really time to go home! Enjoy!
lol

Piqua, OH

#26692 Aug 20, 2013
Hoof Hearted wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be true, but be aware of what Weideman said. That is...what Stucky's true agenda is.
hmmmm...point taken. Me thinks, therefore I am.
The Next Day

Amelia, OH

#26693 Aug 20, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI - Babb is not running for BOE. She withdrew her name.
Clemmer

Miamisburg, OH

#26694 Aug 20, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
There are so many good reasons to oppose these people, why don't we present the argument and ask people to support as much.
You do have examples to back up your rhetoric, don't you?
Share them, demonstrate what makes the candidates you support the superior choice.
As it stands right now bloviating about has beens and losers doesn't give people much to work with in their decision making process.
Doug, have you thought about running? You have obviously done your research and the numbers you have uncovered speak for themselves. The "raise taxes and support any and all levies" crowd are clearly clueless about just everything and anything related to the performance of the school and its administration/staff. They make no compelling arguments at all not to support the current path that Kohls, Petroni and Rigano have implemented.
accountability

Girard, OH

#26695 Aug 20, 2013
Hoof Hearted wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. Much like former principal Malone, Stuckey is all about re-installing not only failed policies but also failed personnel. David Stuckey's obvious hard-on for the re-hiring of Troy Holtrey is but one example.
accountability

Girard, OH

#26696 Aug 20, 2013
Eyes Wide Open wrote:
Mr. Malone's 40 years of PAST expertise as a professional educator for decades is now ended on a highly successful note; that should bolster his ego enough to go quietly....it's really time to go home! Enjoy!
I don't get by there a whole lot but I'm fairly certain there are sections of pasture land still available along Factory Rd.
The Record Speaks

Piqua, OH

#26697 Aug 20, 2013
The Next Day wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI - Babb is not running for BOE. She withdrew her name.
Babb hasn't told me that she withdrew her name.

Where is the her Public Announcement of withdrawal published?
Lisa Babb, as self-appointed Springboro Czar always grandstands to the TV News and DDN; so guess that happened while I was on vacation. Just check the public record and see that Lisa Jo Babb is still listed on the Warren County Board of Elections as Certified Springboro Schools Board of Education candidate; along with her little union buddies Ron Malone, David Stuckey, and Charles Anderson.

A recent DDN headline announces big news that:

Group seeks control of Springboro board. Two former educators pull petitions to run. Ex-principal, teacher seek to challenge current president. Dave Stuckey says "The bottom line is .... Ron Malone and I are running. We're going to try and find a third person that fits our ideas and what we want to accomplish, Stuckey said.
(Charles Anderson is certified as the bottom line....)

DDN goes on to report by Lawrence Budd:

The ticket would challenge the re-election of Board President Kelly Kohls because only three of the five board seats are up this fall. Election of the three person ticket asalso could end the board majority consisting of Kohls and board members Jim Rigano andDavid Petroni, who were elected two years ago on a ticket that pushed for fiscal reforms in the district and opposed school levies for new money.-DDN

WOW! with the terrific threesome of Malone/Anderson/Stuckey and their winning campaign agenda of More Increased Taxes for More
Tax and Spend on local school government; why would Malone/Anderson/Stuckey need Babbsey hanging around?
lol

Piqua, OH

#26698 Aug 20, 2013
Clemmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Doug, have you thought about running? You have obviously done your research and the numbers you have uncovered speak for themselves. The "raise taxes and support any and all levies" crowd are clearly clueless about just everything and anything related to the performance of the school and its administration/staff. They make no compelling arguments at all not to support the current path that Kohls, Petroni and Rigano have implemented.
Hey Clemmer, better not ask any more questions or you just might find yourself accused of "bloviating" on this blog! Ugh!
Babb cut bait

Girard, OH

#26699 Aug 20, 2013
The Record Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Babb hasn't told me that she withdrew her name.
Where is the her Public Announcement of withdrawal published?
Lisa Babb, as self-appointed Springboro Czar always grandstands to the TV News and DDN; so guess that happened while I was on vacation. Just check the public record and see that Lisa Jo Babb is still listed on the Warren County Board of Elections as Certified Springboro Schools Board of Education candidate; along with her little union buddies Ron Malone, David Stuckey, and Charles Anderson.
A recent DDN headline announces big news that:
Group seeks control of Springboro board. Two former educators pull petitions to run. Ex-principal, teacher seek to challenge current president. Dave Stuckey says "The bottom line is .... Ron Malone and I are running. We're going to try and find a third person that fits our ideas and what we want to accomplish, Stuckey said.
(Charles Anderson is certified as the bottom line....)
DDN goes on to report by Lawrence Budd:
The ticket would challenge the re-election of Board President Kelly Kohls because only three of the five board seats are up this fall. Election of the three person ticket asalso could end the board majority consisting of Kohls and board members Jim Rigano andDavid Petroni, who were elected two years ago on a ticket that pushed for fiscal reforms in the district and opposed school levies for new money.-DDN
WOW! with the terrific threesome of Malone/Anderson/Stuckey and their winning campaign agenda of More Increased Taxes for More
Tax and Spend on local school government; why would Malone/Anderson/Stuckey need Babbsey hanging around?
This is because it was never meant to happen.

Which of the following would be easier?
- watching Lisa Babb serve on Boro's BOE for 4 years
- mixing oil with water
All About Money

Piqua, OH

#26700 Aug 20, 2013
Just Watching wrote:
What is the plan for the union in my humble opinion?
1) Don't negotiate in good faith
2) Attempt to portray the union members as victims of evil BOE
3) Force Strike
4) Create chaos and anxiety for children and families in coming school year
5) Run and elect union members and union sympathizers for BOE as "compromise" candidates (The only ones they will compromise will be the taxpayers)
6) Once union has control of BOE begin negotiations with union friendly BOE
7) Sign new more "FAIR" contract with large increases for union members
8) Inform taxpayers they need to pass massive new levy to "fix" district financial problems.
Vote for Malone.Stuckey.Anderson! and We'll Help You Give the Union a Lot of Money! We Are All Just Rolling in Prideful Dough Way Down Low in Wealthy, Affluent Panther Country! Come on Now! You know you all love that insanely popular has been a principal the best!
Say It Again

Piqua, OH

#26701 Aug 20, 2013
certainly worth repeating wrote:
<quoted text>
Springboro Education Association
50 South Main Street
Springboro OH 45066
All good parents and citizens of this Excellent Springboro School District -
Please do not hesitate to drop by our teachers' union headquarters to let them know your explicit feelings about the district's current hot-button subject.....
UNBRIDLED GREED.
Just Say No to the UNBRIDLED GREED of Malone/Stuckey/Anderson's bid to gain control of our Children's First Budgeting Success at the polls in November!

There is Never a time that our school district leaders need to re-emphasis the old Tax and Spend policy of OSBA indoctrination of a continuous stream of new levies!
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#26702 Aug 20, 2013
Forgot one important step,#9

Just Watching wrote:

What is the plan for the union in my humble opinion?

1) Don't negotiate in good faith
2) Attempt to portray the union members as victims of evil BOE
3) Force Strike
4) Create chaos and anxiety for children and families in coming school year
5) Run and elect union members and union sympathizers for BOE as "compromise" candidates (The only ones they will compromise will be the taxpayers)
6) Once union has control of BOE begin negotiations with union friendly BOE
7) Sign new more "FAIR" contract with large increases for union members
8) Inform taxpayers they need to pass massive new levy to "fix" district financial problems.

9) Rinse and repeat

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 14 min Pope Che Reagan C... 30,500
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Poolicker 18,870
This is why I am an Ann Fan! 3 hr Hero Officer Wilson 2
Aaron fannigan 4 hr he aint all into you 2
Found dog! (Dec '13) Wed Hero Officer Wilson 7
Andy's Dean's "America Now" cancelled! Aug 27 Gun Nut 38
Be respectful Aug 26 Mike Brown High C... 2
•••
•••
•••

Springboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••