Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,562

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Springboro Taxpayer

Piqua, OH

#26202 Aug 1, 2013
truth to power wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed America's Founding Fathers hotly debated the root question of separation of church and state. In the colonial era, and through the civil war period, it wasn't unusual for such debates to escalate into fistfights and life-threatening duals. A few times fistfights actually broke out on the floor of the U.S. Congress. If nothing else, our children ought to be made aware of our Founding Fathers' level of PASSION in regard to this, and other related issues.
On March 23,1775 when Patrick Henry spoke the now famous phrase, "Give me liberty or give me death!" to arouse the Second Virginia Convention to arms against the tyranny of Great Britain, he noted that "we have done everyting that could be done to avert the storm which is now coming upon us."
During the critical years of 1765-1776, the American colonies had been forced to endure taxation without representation, searches and seizures without probable cause, the confiscation of firearms, and on and one. Though the colonial leaders had tried to remain loyal to the Crown and reconcile their differences, they were finally compelled to break away in revolt.
Springboro Taxpayer

Piqua, OH

#26203 Aug 1, 2013
The Declaration of Independence was then written as a proclamation to the world of their reasons for separating from England. But while the Declaration gives a detailed list of legal offenses that England had left unresolved, the Founders saw these as more than isolated wrongs.
Rather, they saw them as a part of a predetermined plan to take away their religious liberties and re-establish the Church ofEngland to rule over their hearts and souls, thus enslaving the colonies. In that light, one understand the power of Patrick Henry's fiery words.
Faced with such propsects, the Declaration stated that the American colonists were set to defend
"the laws of nature and of nature's God" -- words ththe Founders stood. The laws of nature were understood to mean the will of God for man as revealed to man's reasons. However, because man is fallen and his reason does not always comprehend this law, God gave His law in the Bible to make it absolutely clear.
We ought to obey God rather than men.- Acts 5:29
Springboro Taxpayer

Piqua, OH

#26204 Aug 1, 2013
Thus, it was the churches that became the primary source that stirred the fires of liberty, telling the colonists that the English government was usurping their God given rights, and the King and Parliament were violating the laws of God. The Founding Fathers were convinced that it was their sacred duty to start a revolution to uphold the law of God against the unjust and oppressive laws of men. And the fight for political liberty was seen as a sacred cause because civil liberty was an inalienable right, according to God's natural law. The nNew England ministers, in particular, were decisive in rallying the popular moral support for the war against England. They pressed their congregations to overthrow King George because they believed that rebellion to tyrants was obedience to God. From many pulpits, ministers recruited troops and strengthened them in battle with partriotic sermons.
Springboro Taxpayer

Piqua, OH

#26205 Aug 1, 2013
While the church leaders were well schooled in the fact that the Bible placed great emphasis on due submission to civil authroities (Romans 13), they noted there are also many passages that approve resistance to ungodly authority. For instance, when the apostiles were commanded by the Sanhedrin to cease preaching that Jesus Christ had risen from the dead, Peter boldly asserted: "We ought to obey God rather than men" (Acts 5:29)
Therefore, it is no coincidence that one of the watchwords of the American Revolution was "No Kind but King Jesus." For most of the patriots, their faith gave them the courage to stand on God's Word and risk their lives and properties to break the tyranny of an unjust human authority. In their Christian worldview, obedience to God took precedence over country or government, and their primary allegiance was to the Lord Jesus Christ.
Springboro Taxpayer

Piqua, OH

#26206 Aug 1, 2013
Indicative of this spirit in 1755, the Luteran pastor John Peter Gabriel Muhlenberg preached a sermon on Ecclesiastes 3:1, "To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven." Concluding the message, he declared, "In the language of the Holy Writ, there is a time for all things. There is a time to preach and a time to fight. And now is the time to fight." He then threw off his clerical robes to reveal the uniform of a Revolutionary Army officer. That Afternoon, at the head of 300 men, he marched off to join GeneralWashington's troops and became Colonel of the 8th Virginia Regiment.
Ministers turned the colonial resistance into a righteous cause and served at every level in the conflict, from military chaplains to members of state legislatures to taking up arms and leading troops into battle. And, ultimately, after two main British armies were captured by the Continental Army at Saratoga in 1777 and Yorktown in 1781, the other words of Patrick Henry to his fellow Virginians proved true: "Three millions of people, armed with the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us."
Springboro Taxpayer

Piqua, OH

#26207 Aug 1, 2013
All About Money wrote:
<quoted text>
Education in Springboro Schools is all about money and power and who gets to control both. A school house divided cannot provide wholeness for our children's future.
We have a power struggle going on between our children first board members and Malone's union first members; The decisions made during these employment contract negotiations will support our financial victory for our children's first budget; or reverse our school district's money to the control of Malone's "business as usual" forced unionism/indoctrination for
our children's classroom education.
In 1836, Noah Webster, often called "the Father of American Education" expressed the purpose of schools was meant for the advancement of the Christian faith: "In my view, the Christian religion is the most important and one of the first things in which all children, under a free government ought to be instructed... No truth is more evident to my mind than that the Christian religion must be the basis of any government intended to secure the rights and privileges of a free people."

Unfortunately, in time, a philosophical shift took place in America, and the biblical principles for education were slowly eroded and abandoned, with sad and tragic consequences that continue to unfold. John Dewey, known as "The Architect of Modern Education," said, "There is no God, and ther is no soul. Hence, there are no needs for the props of traditional religion." Those props have been knocked away, and the loss of moral standards has opened the door to untold numbers of unwanted teen pregnancies, abortions, drug abuse, alcoholism, violence, and suicide.

If we believe that the Founders were correct in asserting that America would fail if it lost its religious foundations, it is primarily incumbent upon Christian believers to reaffirm and reclaim our Christian educational heritage with the same passion and commitment of the Founders. There are many ways and many levels at which to instigate change, buyt it begins with a willingness to become engaged in the battle.
Springboro Taxpayer

Piqua, OH

#26208 Aug 1, 2013
truth to power wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed America's Founding Fathers hotly debated the root question of separation of church and state. In the colonial era, and through the civil war period, it wasn't unusual for such debates to escalate into fistfights and life-threatening duals. A few times fistfights actually broke out on the floor of the U.S. Congress. If nothing else, our children ought to be made aware of our Founding Fathers' level of PASSION in regard to this, and other related issues.
Our children ought not be required to "bow down" to the false gods of the man-made false religion of Unionism, all under the flag of "Excellent with Distinction" draped across our taxpayer-funded public school buidings in zip code 45066; boasting proudly of knowledge and wealth; and all the while violating the laws of common decency and disrespect for the Dignity of Human Life.
Springboro Schools do not need a "policy change on religious and controversial issues." Springboro Schools needs a policy change
on funding the Springboro Education Association's teachings of our children their "policies of indeceny and disrespect for the Dignity of Human Life."
Why are our Neighbors for Springboro Schools "doing their job of demanding more taxes" to replace the false grass on the football field; but have voiced no concern over the state mandated common core which is implementation of the government's false doctrine of the praise and worship of the education gods of Unionism? ndresponsibility olicy d
Worth Repeating

Piqua, OH

#26209 Aug 1, 2013
-this post is copied from several pages ago on this blog -

OGT lack of worthwhile standards and again nobody stands up and gives any answers for any of this, just give me more money or your kids will suffer.
Ask the high school staff if any of this is true or not. I looked up the same stuff Just Watching did.

Still waiting for your clarification on your post.

If you can find the question I will try and come up with the answer.

Or you could explain to all of us why you are not defining the classification of "Proficient" on the OGT.

A helpful tutelage from the Ohio Department of Education on the scales for the results on the Math test

Limited.........0-12 points..........0-25% correct on the test
Basic..........12.5-17.5 points.......26%-36% correct on the test
PROFICIENT...18-27 points..........37.5%-56% correct on the test
Accelerated...27.5-34 points..........57%-71% correct on the test
Advanced......34.5-48 points..........72%-100% correct on the test

This is not a difficult test, take it for yourself, it is on the ODE website.

http://www.ode.state.oh.us/GD/Templates/Pages ...

Then wonder why after two years of preparation in our "college prep" high school, nearly 40% of the children taking this test score 75% or less, and still have not mastered basic math covering what should have been learned in grades 1-9. They even let a child use a calculator and provide a cheat sheet with all the necessary formulas required to answer the questions on the test.

Seriously, who wishes to defend labeling a student who has mastered less than 56% of the math material as "PROFICIENT"?

Only our high school administration team would sit in front of the cameras and present to the community 97.4% of our students taking the OGT were "PROFICIENT" and above. And then proceed to bask in the clapping and cheering from the union and the union supporters with a straight face.
No More Malone

Piqua, OH

#26211 Aug 1, 2013
All About Money wrote:
<quoted text>
Education in Springboro Schools is all about money and power and who gets to control both. A school house divided cannot provide wholeness for our children's future.
We have a power struggle going on between our children first board members and Malone's union first members; The decisions made during these employment contract negotiations will support our financial victory for our children's first budget; or reverse our school district's money to the control of Malone's "business as usual" forced unionism/indoctrination for
our children's classroom education.
No More Malone Re-Instatement of Status Quo in November!

Malone/Stuckey/Babb is bad for our children's 21st century education.

Malone/Stuckey/Babb have no NEW ideas!

Malone/Stuckey/Babb have only ONE old, outdated, collective idea of NEW TAXES for NEW Money for that tired old false indoctrination
of that old outdated false religion of Unionism.
All About Money

Piqua, OH

#26212 Aug 1, 2013
Just Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
2000 plus children in this district are already not getting the education the taxpayers are funding.
This is not a new occurrence, but one that has been ongoing for a number of years.
Where has the union been on this issue?
It is as if the union does not care.
Springboro Education Association has proven to Springboro families that they care about NOTHING except Priority of Mr. Malone taking over the "board" and re-instating the "emphasis" on the value of the educator of unionism.
Mr. Malone continues to be insanely popular with the school community of SEA members and activists, because the SEA could manipulate this has been a high school principal into pushing the high school program of studies to the financial benefit of the union teachers to earn more money, rather than the educational benefit of the student. This plan of Mr. Malone's to "emphasis" the value of the union teacher in every classroom placed priority on increasing the courses that the teacher could get paid for; rather than increasing the education of the student that the taxpayer had already paid for.
Often these extra-curricular courses were not really required for college application, but the taxpayers' money was spent on these courses -- this really is just exploiting the students and wasting the taxpayers money just for more money for the union teachers.
Mr. Malone's ego is too inflated by the flattery of the SEA members/union activists to present himself as a candidate for Board of Education. At the sound of applause, applause, in the board room, that "old dog" would roll over for a pat on the head, and give away our children's future, because that's the only "trick" Mr. Malone has ever learned from the Maney Acts
"obedience" school. Of what value would Mr. Malone's lack of leadership skills be to our schools and community?
Ballot

Englewood, OH

#26213 Aug 1, 2013
Malone/Stuckey/Anderson.

Yes, that's right.

Talk about "insanely popular"!

Wow.

Kohls is done for.
RIGANO where are you

Girard, OH

#26214 Aug 1, 2013
imposter wrote:
<quoted text>
This is funny, but I wonder what the penalty is for impersonating an elected official. I think she should call the prosecutor and see. Did you know the persecutor can get the IP addresses and identify these posters? Give it a week. Maybe an apology will do the trick. Fess up or get in big trouble.
I think it would be great to see all the IP addresses. This would force each and everyone of us to be held publicly responsible for our posts. I wonder how many current BOE members are posting too? Hhhmmmm. Bring on the prosecutor and the affidavits! Please!
Thomas Cruise Mapother IV

Wilbraham, MA

#26215 Aug 2, 2013
Leon Harrison attends the Church of Scientology.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#26216 Aug 2, 2013
RIGANO where are you wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it would be great to see all the IP addresses. This would force each and everyone of us to be held publicly responsible for our posts. I wonder how many current BOE members are posting too? Hhhmmmm. Bring on the prosecutor and the affidavits! Please!
If anyone has any questions about where I stand I will most happily inform them.

Yes indeed, bring on the prosecutors and the affidavits.
poundsand

Dayton, OH

#26217 Aug 2, 2013
<quoted text>
why don't you start by registering with your real name?
tit for tat

Girard, OH

#26218 Aug 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Why not? After all, isn't Boro all about transparency? I'll bet that in the 5+ years this thread has existed, comments ranging from constructive to destructive have been posted anonymously by present as well as former administrators, staff and teachers.
Brain Drain Alert

Piqua, OH

#26219 Aug 2, 2013
Ballot wrote:
Malone/Stuckey/Anderson.
Yes, that's right.
Talk about "insanely popular"!
Wow.
Kohls is done for.
Who else but Malone would have such narrow tunnel vision as to target Kohls as the ONLY Springboro parent who support our children first? Guess Malone hasn't looked "forward" to his time in the "interrogation" seat as he re-instates himself as chief school bully officer in the board room! Wow! can't wait to remind Malone that "demonizing and discrediting and distorting the agenda of elected officials is "insanely popular" with taxpayers -- and we have been trained, since Janaury 2010 on how to destroy the character of board members, by "worst of the class" of non-professional in the SEA.
Enough is Enough

Cincinnati, OH

#26220 Aug 2, 2013
Springboro teacher wrote:
"Springboro Schools likes to make it sound like teachers are martyrs, "Doing it all for the children", but let's not forget that teaching in a school system like Springboro is a cushy assignment."
I have taught in 4 other school districts...this by FAR is the hardest job I have ever had. Parents are always on your case, demanding almost as much daily individual attention as their child gets. Administrators are always looking over your shoulder, demanding student data and wanting you to prove how your weekly lessons plans touch on each benchmark standard, how student pre-test and post-test data looks for each learning unit. I am at school sometimes for 10 to 12 hours daily just to get my work done. I am insulted you would think my life is cushy and that the excellent rating is bogus. How often does your boss and do your clients/customers hover over you for quality control...I doubt it is daily like for teachers.
This is excellent news! Finally, I hear that teachers are being held accountable - just like in the private sector. Me-oh-my! Say it isn't so...

"How often does your boss and do your clients/customers hover over you for quality control...I doubt it is daily like for teachers." This is hysterical! No doubt you have no idea what the private sector is really like...

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#26221 Aug 2, 2013
<quoted text>
The problem with that, for the most part, it will stifle debate. One person here (Doug Weideman) has the nads to publish his name. Looks what it got him...crackpots publishing his address and plane registrations. That's irresponsible....that's what he is up against in this so called upper class community of educated parents. I wonder how his kids are treated by some of the vindictive parents in this community? Some of them are downright embarrassing.
reality check

Girard, OH

#26222 Aug 2, 2013
Lerxst- wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with that, for the most part, it will stifle debate. One person here (Doug Weideman) has the nads to publish his name. Looks what it got him...crackpots publishing his address and plane registrations. That's irresponsible....that's what he is up against in this so called upper class community of educated parents. I wonder how his kids are treated by some of the vindictive parents in this community? Some of them are downright embarrassing.
This thread needs to remain anonymous because the Springboro board room literally reeks of union bias week after week. A realistic threat of some means of future retaliation awaits families of district parents who dare to come to a board meeting to speak out against agendas held high by SEA supporters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 22 min truth told 19,574
Riot at Dayton Mall Wal-Mart on Xmas Eve ... Wh... 13 hr The New Cool Warrior 3
donnie burns outlaws mc (Feb '12) Fri brownkr38 6
Jerkwad Jabbar-shooting details emerge: Fri bite me 8
Happy Kwanzaa! Thu The Hack Checker 1
Bradley Glossen Thu flower 1
Bad experience at Miami Valley Hospital Thu talker43 1
Springboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springboro News, Events & Info