Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 31964 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

tongue in cheek

Cleveland, OH

#26167 Jul 29, 2013
Not A Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Mr. Parise, I am saying that there's Not A Chance that OUR Springboro School Board President, Kelly Kohls, posted that "false press release". Thank You for recognizing your mistake.
With your political expertise, do you have the wherewithal to investigate this "identfy theft" of an Elected Official's name being used to spread false information to the public?
I absolutely agree. There's no way Kelly Kohls would've posted something like that.
However, something many people around here probably don't realize is that Kelly Kohls has an evil twin sister - Shelley Kohls.
fish or cut bait

Cleveland, OH

#26168 Jul 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
"A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." -Edward R. Murrow
Three of those people in Springboro would be Ron Malone, Dave Stuckey and Lisa Babb.
Isn't it funny how Malone/Stuckey/Babb cannot come up with any new reasons to support the argument they've been making for years;
oh, yes! there is an excellent distinction between professional educators and union scumbags, they continue to argue, but never come up with enough evidence to "prove" it by being open to NEW ideas.
All prejudices aside, surely professional educators cannot thrive in the 21st century classroom, if they are not open to NEW ideas, even when those NEW ideas challenges their strongest beliefs.
No More Dough For Malone/Stuckey/Babb status quo deal making with the SEA taking it all.
Malone / Stuckey / Babb

Besides...'supporting the kids'... what exactly IS their campaign platform?

So far all anyone can make of it, it's all about redistribution of Children First to Back Pockets First.
Union First

Cleveland, OH

#26169 Jul 29, 2013
fish or cut bait wrote:
<quoted text>
Malone / Stuckey / Babb
Besides...'supporting the kids'... what exactly IS their campaign platform?
So far all anyone can make of it, it's all about redistribution of Children First to Back Pockets First.
They are running because they want to give back to the union.
The Scoffer

Cincinnati, OH

#26170 Jul 29, 2013
tongue in cheek wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely agree. There's no way Kelly Kohls would've posted something like that.
However, something many people around here probably don't realize is that Kelly Kohls has an evil twin sister - Shelley Kohls.
So what's in a Name? All Springboro Education Association scumbags all wear the same names of Ron Malone, Dave Stuckey, and Lisa Babb. All Springboro Education Association scumbags all wear the same red label of the big, bad "wolves in sheeps' clothing stamped: Property of Forced Unionism in Violation of Common Decency.
Crazier

Cleveland, OH

#26171 Jul 29, 2013
Wow, you tea baggers are getting more and more crazy as the election approaches. Of course the rest of us republicans expected this, time to take back control and vote you all out.
Union First

Cleveland, OH

#26172 Jul 29, 2013
Crazier wrote:
Wow, you tea baggers are getting more and more crazy as the election approaches. Of course the rest of us republicans expected this, time to take back control and vote you all out.
Well some of them are, can't they see we just want to give back to the union that has supported us all for so long. Is it too much to ask of our children, parents, and community to support those who give so much to our teachers and their families?
The Bottom Line

Cincinnati, OH

#26173 Jul 29, 2013
fish or cut bait wrote:
<quoted text>
Malone / Stuckey / Babb
Besides...'supporting the kids'... what exactly IS their campaign platform?
So far all anyone can make of it, it's all about redistribution of Children First to Back Pockets First.
Mr. Budd of the DDN writes in his article "Group seeks control of Springboro board" ... Ex-principal, teacher seeks to challenge current president. Dave Stuckey plans to join a three-person ticket that includes former Springboro High school prncipal Ron
Malone. A community group, Springboro United for Responsible Education, is working to put together the new three-person ticket...I think it's essential to have a three-person ticket in the situation we're in," said Lynn Greenberg, a SURE leader. "we've had our eyes open for strong members of the community that would like to step forward." ---

Oh my goodness! Union wooly bully, Lynn Greenberg, must have pulled the wool over her own eyes! Those attending the public school board meeting last February 14, 2012, saw with our own wide open eyes, former school board candidate, Lisa Babb, jump up and grasp the microphone, verbally attacking the school board representatives who were chosen by voters in November 2011, falsely accusing these two elected officials of "trying to bully her in violation of the student's code of behavior" and former school board president Scott Anderson allowed this Maney-Act to go on and on, UNTIL a Springboro citizen, interrupted, simply stating "that is not true!" We were all taken "aback" by Lisa Babb's out of control hostile behavior, that she obviously had pre-planned with SEA officer, Sarah Thornbury, since Sarah immediately jumped up to proclaim she was the only library specialist in town!(Guess that meant she and Lisa aimed to "throw the book" at the two newly elected school board representatives!)

The DDN article "Group seeks control of Springboro board" goes on to report: Dave Stuckey says The bottom line is that Ron Malone and I are running. We're going to try and find a third person that fits our ideas and what we want to accomplish!

Well, Mr. Stuckey will be pleased to know that there's no one in town that can throw a bigger bully FIT in "seeking control of the Springboro board," than our failed 2011 school board candidate and pro-levy lover of tax and spend, Lisa Babb! How fortunate for Stuckey/Malone to have identified "the bottom line is...Bad Babb for Boro!" How low can she go?... H E double hockey sticks hath NO fury like a Lisa Babb scorned at the polls!
The Bottom Line

Cincinnati, OH

#26174 Jul 29, 2013
Babb for Increased Taxes wrote:
The Tax and Spend Lovers lost no time in getting their increased demands out to the public, as soon as their hostile demands were met by the Board of Education in contract negotiations.
Here's the newest NFSS Christmas in July wish list that has everything on it except common sense, respect for Springboro families, and responsible spending while living within the framework of our children's first budget. Sounds like Lisa Babb has crafted another failing agenda for her bid to win "most popular ever" in the November 2013 school board elections.
We can expect the NFSS group to show up in public board meeting on Thursday to "Teach our Board how to increase taxes on all Springboro families" and demand that "fiscal responsibility" has no place in the SEA contract nor the School Renewal Levy!
We can expect that Kelly Kohls will be bashed and trashed for doing good for all Springboro school children, teachers and families by those NFSS tax and spend lovers, who want to leave accountability behind. They just want more Money!
So all the NFSS folks can be expected to pre-arrange to participate in another "interrogation" of "Ask the Board" why the SEA can't take it all
from Our Children's Future.
(1)Why put Springboro Schools in another potential strike situation just two years from now by not taking future increases into account?
(2)Why reach for a tax cut rather than presume reasonable pay for the people behind our school district’s strength??
(3)Salaries and benefits are not the only expense that may be under-budgeted: Replacing the worn-out high school football field turf (estimated price tag:$400,000) and accommodating Springboro’s infamous student population “bubble”– which means that 200 additional students will be passing through our high school in two years, where it costs more to educate them because of the need for specialized teachers, more advanced materials and so forth – are also missing from the forecast."
The bottom line is you can't go any lower in violation of common decency than Lisa Babb and the Neighbors for Springboro Schools in their hostile demands that Springboro families give it all to the SEA. What is up with these monster mommies that have lost all joy in sacrificing and investing THEMSELVES in their children's education; but seek revenge against their neighbors for not paying government union workers to do more for their children, than even the parents are willng to do!
Stand Up For Kids

Cincinnati, OH

#26175 Jul 29, 2013
Still a C wrote:
<quoted text>
74% is still C- territory, hardly excellent with distinction now is it?
How low can the hardly excellent with distinction go -- with no higher inspiration and motivation than "re-instating the insanely popular Ron Malone" to business as usual, with NFSS monster Mom Lisa Babb on his left, and forced unionism false god of social studies, Dave Stuckey, on his right? Oops! Dave can't be on Ron's RIGHT -- there is no RIGHT side for our children first inside the SEA classrooms of Malone/Stuckey/Babb...just more OEA indoctrination of our children's minds and spirits to fight, fight, fight for social justice for our wonderful unionized teachers, and the levies for pay increases will take care of themselves! But Who Will Take Care of Our Children First? Who will be on the side of doing what's right for our school children and community, even when doing what's right is "insanely unpopular?"
Who will stand up for our kids on November 5, 2013?
Heart Healthy Choice

Cincinnati, OH

#26176 Jul 29, 2013
Whatta You Think wrote:
If Topix were turned off for a day, what do you suppose conservative extremists would do? Go outside and enjoy the weather??
Malone / Stuckey / Babb for Boro on November 5, 2013!
Don't know what you mean by "conversative extremists" but just thinking that some do have broader vision of our children's future education and investing our school tax dollars ensuring a quality classroom education, while living within our means; than the narrow-minded tunnel vision of Malone/Stuckey/Babb liberal socialists have shown, by their behavior since January 2012.
Mr. Malone is promoting an attitude of "obsession" in his vengenace for revenge against Springboro parent Kelly Kohls, in his lust to grab power and control over his political opposition.
Just thinking that Ron Malone's attitude is just not a healthy choice for matters of the heart of it all, the educating of our children for the future of America. Malone/Stuckey/Babb campaign for school board projects a tunnel vision of old outdated ideas, as if the student's world begins and ends in Springboro's K-12 public schools, with a union teacher in every classroom. Just thinking that Malone/Stuckey/Babb BOE leadership is not a healthy
investment of levy dollars for the treasures of our hearts -- our kids, our future! We must not allow "insane popularity and performance of maney-acts distract us from the heart of it all.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#26177 Jul 29, 2013
The bottom line is that the voter is going to have to wade through all the bull and figure out which side they believe. At this point, as far as the Malone/Babb/Stuckey contingent is concerned, all I have heard is they are running and they are "for the children." Well, aren't we all "for the children?" That tells me nothing. Tell me why I should vote for them. What will they do that the current board has not that is in the best interest of the children. I hope the answer is not to simply throw more money at what ever perceived problem exists. We've been there and done that.

As for the current board they have a record. Not perfect but, on balance from where I sit, it looks pretty good compared to when they took the reins. Give me a reason to vote for Malone/Babb/Stuckey, not a reason to vote against the current board.

As you decide I would encourage all of you to not rely on the noisy minority of parents who have resorted to personal attacks on the current board; outright misrepresentation about what the board has/is doing; and worse, are completely clueless about the financial state of the current school system. In the past they told us to pass levy after levy for fear that doom, gloom, chaos and utter panic would set upon us. Well, still waiting for it. They have their side of the story and I respect their desire to do what they think is the right thing. I simply question their motives and their knowledge of the current state of financial affairs and what it takes to do better.

Doing the research to make informed decisions requires work, but also comes with some risk. Look at Doug Weideman's posts. He clearly comes to the table prepared with numbers. What does he get in return? Crackpots who feels the need to publish his address and plane registrations. This tells me some people are not interest in the facts, so there will be no changing their minds whatsoever. The problem with them is they negate the informed persons vote.

If you don't like the current board…fine. At least make an informed decision…not one based on pure emotion. The kids of this community deserve as much.
Stand Up For Kids

Cincinnati, OH

#26178 Jul 29, 2013
All About Money wrote:
<quoted text>
Education in Springboro Schools is all about money and power and who gets to control both. A school house divided cannot provide wholeness for our children's future.
We have a power struggle going on between our children first board members and Malone's union first members; The decisions made during these employment contract negotiations will support our financial victory for our children's first budget; or reverse our school district's money to the control of Malone's "business as usual" forced unionism/indoctrination for
our children's classroom education.
Gone are the days in our school district when Springboro voters were supposed to "rubber stamp" whomever the Springboro Education Association chose to fund and exploit for Union Solidarity! School board election is not "non-partisan" and we must have a balance of candidates running for those three open positions.
Currently on the Board of Elections website, I know of only
ONE parent who has pulled petitions who is FIT to serve; but there is only one name that I've never heard before -- Jamie Belanger pulled petitions on July 19, 2013, the same day that petitions were pulled by Lisa Jo Babb.

WHO IS JAMIE BELANGER?

Inquiring minds need to know.
Stay Focused

Cincinnati, OH

#26179 Jul 29, 2013
The OEA members/union activists are some of the worst people we will ever have to deal with as to radical social behavior; because to the OEA radicals they are at war with the taxpayers.
They have the destruction of America in their minds and they are terrible people because their ideology makes them corrosive. They openly use children to execute their maniacal plans for social progressive changes at the expense of society, and this defines their essence. Wars are won by taking away from the other side the will to continue fighting. The OEA attacks them directly hoping to rob them of their will to stand opposed to the union’s progressive agenda.
There is NO reasoning with the Springobro Education Association members, the SURE group, nor the Neighbors for Springboro Schools. They are angry, hostile, mean-spirited, bitter, and totally without gratitude and appreciation of the simple joys of home, family, faith, and love; and care only for the collective forced investment of other's labor, which the SEA feels their dollar "VALUE" is greater than all.
As we have seen recently when the contract settlement gave the SEA all they said they wanted from taxpayers; still they greedily protested "give us more; we don't want increased pay; we just want it all and we demand the board to PAY it all to the SEA, because Ron Malone says so..."There needs to be a re-emphasis on the VALUE of the educator."
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#26180 Jul 29, 2013
Lerxst- wrote:
The bottom line is that the voter is going to have to wade through all the bull and figure out which side they believe. At this point, as far as the Malone/Babb/Stuckey contingent is concerned, all I have heard is they are running and they are "for the children." Well, aren't we all "for the children?" That tells me nothing. Tell me why I should vote for them. What will they do that the current board has not that is in the best interest of the children. I hope the answer is not to simply throw more money at what ever perceived problem exists. We've been there and done that.
As for the current board they have a record. Not perfect but, on balance from where I sit, it looks pretty good compared to when they took the reins. Give me a reason to vote for Malone/Babb/Stuckey, not a reason to vote against the current board.
As you decide I would encourage all of you to not rely on the noisy minority of parents who have resorted to personal attacks on the current board; outright misrepresentation about what the board has/is doing; and worse, are completely clueless about the financial state of the current school system. In the past they told us to pass levy after levy for fear that doom, gloom, chaos and utter panic would set upon us. Well, still waiting for it. They have their side of the story and I respect their desire to do what they think is the right thing. I simply question their motives and their knowledge of the current state of financial affairs and what it takes to do better.
Doing the research to make informed decisions requires work, but also comes with some risk. Look at Doug Weideman's posts. He clearly comes to the table prepared with numbers. What does he get in return? Crackpots who feels the need to publish his address and plane registrations. This tells me some people are not interest in the facts, so there will be no changing their minds whatsoever. The problem with them is they negate the informed persons vote.
If you don't like the current board…fine. At least make an informed decision…not one based on pure emotion. The kids of this community deserve as much.
The "crackpots" attack me because they have no defense for the indefensible.

Aside from posting PROFICIENT is not FAILURE, they always forget to explain to us why a child getting only 42% correct on a Ohio Graduation Test is good enough.

PROFICIENT does equate to FAILURE.

Next time someone tells you it does not, ask them what they would do if their child had absorbed less than 33% of the math presented by the 8th grade?

32% was the bottom of the PROFICIENT scale in 8th grade math on the Ohio Achievement Assessment test.

Let them ignore the truth, it won't stop me from broadcasting the message.

As parents review their child's ACT results, some may be wondering why their child did not score higher than they did given the grades they received throughout their education.

The reality is the tests reflect what that student learned or did not learn.

PROFICIENT equals FAILURE and those who promote otherwise compromise your child's future.
Great Choice

Englewood, OH

#26181 Jul 29, 2013
Stand Up For Kids wrote:
<quoted text>
Gone are the days in our school district when Springboro voters were supposed to "rubber stamp" whomever the Springboro Education Association chose to fund and exploit for Union Solidarity! School board election is not "non-partisan" and we must have a balance of candidates running for those three open positions.
Currently on the Board of Elections website, I know of only
ONE parent who has pulled petitions who is FIT to serve; but there is only one name that I've never heard before -- Jamie Belanger pulled petitions on July 19, 2013, the same day that petitions were pulled by Lisa Jo Babb.
WHO IS JAMIE BELANGER?
Inquiring minds need to know.
He's the next common sense member of our community to restore decency to our board of education..
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#26182 Jul 29, 2013
Great Choice wrote:
<quoted text>
He's the next common sense member of our community to restore decency to our board of education..
Does he support PROFICIENT as the gold standard of education?

PROFICIENT equals FAILURE
intrigued

Cleveland, OH

#26183 Jul 30, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Does he support PROFICIENT as the gold standard of education?
PROFICIENT equals FAILURE
Certainly in the coming weeks Mr. Belanger has plenty of opportunity to address this, as well as many other district issues at the boardroom speaker's podium.
Hold On

Cincinnati, OH

#26184 Jul 30, 2013
Great Choice wrote:
<quoted text>
He's the next common sense member of our community to restore decency to our board of education..
Hold on there, neighbor! Each one of us has "one voice, one vote" and "our community as a whole" will decide for ourselves If Jamie Ballanger is another one, along with Malone-Stuckey-Babb, who is trying to gain control of our "uncommonly decent" Children's First Budget BOE majority, then, obviously, Jamie Ballanger seeks hostile takeover of our "Board of Education" and that is a continued violation of common decency; that has been launched against Springboro Parent Kelly Kohls by the former high school principal, Ron Malone and the Springboro Education Association, since Kelly Kohls' November 2009 highly popular election, as our FIRST school board representative elected by the people to RESTORE
COMMON DECENCY to our 4-1 BOE majority of pro-union, OSBA trained elected officials, who never had the "common decency" to represent the Springboro taxpayers, but just blindly rubberstamped everything the school superintendent told them that Mr. Maney of the SEA wanted -- and all Mr. Maney wants is power and control over it ALL. Where is the common decency in that uncommon indecent behavior of the SEA warring against Springboro taxpayers to "re-instate Ron Malone's insanely popular agenda of Tax and Spend Unionism? There is no "restoring common decency in the SEA school
board candidates' agenda; just another hostile campaign of Vote for Revenge against Springboro taxpayers, who generously support
these Union employees, even though they serve our schools and community in a most non-professional way.
Hold On

Cincinnati, OH

#26185 Jul 30, 2013
intrigued wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly in the coming weeks Mr. Belanger has plenty of opportunity to address this, as well as many other district issues at the boardroom speaker's podium.
Certainly in the past few months, the violation of common decency has been grandstanded "at the boardroom speaker's podium" and for SURE this hostile takeover of a school board campaign will not be given center stage in our public school board business meetings.
There are some who attend business meeting to stay informed on what the elected officials are doing to educate our children, with our tax dollars, and we are tired of listening to all this psychological warfare being performed by the Maney-Acts trying to get local, state, and national attention on this grossly embarrassing and non-professional behavior of our union scumbags employed by Springboro taxpayers to teach in our children's classrooms.
Circle of Greed

Cincinnati, OH

#26186 Jul 30, 2013
Stand Up For Kids wrote:
<quoted text>
How low can the hardly excellent with distinction go -- with no higher inspiration and motivation than "re-instating the insanely popular Ron Malone" to business as usual, with NFSS monster Mom Lisa Babb on his left, and forced unionism false god of social studies, Dave Stuckey, on his right? Oops! Dave can't be on Ron's RIGHT -- there is no RIGHT side for our children first inside the SEA classrooms of Malone/Stuckey/Babb...just more OEA indoctrination of our children's minds and spirits to fight, fight, fight for social justice for our wonderful unionized teachers, and the levies for pay increases will take care of themselves! But Who Will Take Care of Our Children First? Who will be on the side of doing what's right for our school children and community, even when doing what's right is "insanely unpopular?"
Who will stand up for our kids on November 5, 2013?
Stay Alert Voters!

It does appear that Jamie Belanger has come out of the darkness inside the union tent, and joined the Malone/Stuckey/Babb United Circle of Greed, trying to gain control of board president, Kelly Kohls, and throw her "fiscal responsibility" good service to our schools and community out of elected office! But where is the Responsible Education for our children's future in this united hostility of SEA activist, Ron Malone, Dave Stuckey, Lisa Babb and Jamie Belanger, against our Children First, Springboro families, and taxpaying homeowners?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abortion Nuts, GO AWAY!!! 9 hr USfirst 4
Shaun Lockhart on GARLAND AVE 9 hr JunkySympathizer 2
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! Thu Dayton deal 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Dec 7 Proud American 20,707
News Three indicted in assault, rape that left victi... Dec 7 MookyBlaylock 1
"Trump-hating deranged will not change" Dec 7 MookyBlaylock 5
Will CBS cancel "Madame Secretary" now? Dec 7 Fan of Leon The Man 1

Springboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springboro Mortgages