Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,721

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#26119 Jul 26, 2013
A couple things to remember when we analyze the ACT results is that not all children take this test. The class has been culled the high school administration by strongly suggesting to some children that the Warren County Career Center would probably be a better educational fit for the child. I was rather surprised to hear of the dumping of children out of the school. For some it may be a good move, for others, maybe they are late bloomers. Who is to tell at 14 or 15?

Definition of Raw Scores:

The ACT is scored in the same way as most tests. For every question you answer correctly you will receive 1 raw point. Then, those raw points are converted to scale the exam from 1-36 in each section.

How is the ACT scored?

Each subject area of the test-- math, reading, English, and science-- is scored on a scale between 1 and 36. The ACT is graded on a curve and each section is scaled so that the average score is approximately 21.

Math
The ACT Math section allows one minute per question; there are sixty questions and sixty minutes is the time limit. Like all other ACT sections, the Math section consists entirely of multiple-choice questions. Calculators are allowed to be used on the ACT Math section, but most problems should be solvable without a calculator. Although most calculators are permitted on the exam, some calculators are not allowed. Check with the ACT for an updated list of which calculators are acceptable for use on the exam.

The ACT Math section’s material ranges from pre-algebra to intermediate algebra, geometry, plane geometry, and even a small amount of trigonometry. The trigonometry on the ACT is not so difficult and does not make up so much of the final score, so students who have not taken classes in trigonometry can still study the basics and have no difficulty with these questions. The ACT math section is structured as follows: 40% of the ACT math section comes from pre-algebra and basic algebra questions, 30% comes from intermediate algebra and coordinate geometry, and the remaining 30% comes mainly from plane geometry (23%) and trigonometry (7%).

There are only 60 questions on the Math portion of the ACT test.

24 questions come from pre-algebra and basic algebra

18 questions come from intermediate algebra and coordinate geometry
(Coordinate geometry is plotting points on the X and Y axis)

14 questions come from plane geometry (Plane geometry is all about shapes like lines, circles and triangles on a flat piece of paper.)

4 questions on trigonometry
Performance Review

Piqua, OH

#26120 Jul 26, 2013
It's Official! Springboro School Board Votes to CUT TAXES! The DDN short story on this unprecendented renewal levy reduction is the climax of a very l-o-n-g conservative political jouney along the twisted, distorted, hostility of the forced unionism liberal red ribbon of highway .... to SUCCESS of our school district's new philosophy of Children's First budgeting!

Did You Know... that several years ago, a local newspaper reported of a small group of citizens who "huddled at the township government center" in a meeting to discuss how taxpayers could have more control of local government spending; the newspaper reporter wrote that "this was just one of several citizens groups who had taken interest in tax matters before; but that, after awhile, the taxpayers lost interest and went back to watching TV football! That meeting was the little "spark" of interest that fanned the flame that soon ignited and spread into a new philosophy of Children First budgeting being presented by Educate Springboro; which now has evolved to the creation of the very Reduction in local government taxes that I have ever experienced! This is big news along with the excitement of Big Pay Increases for our Great Teachers! We Are Successful!

Thumbs Up to Our Children First!

Thumbs Down to SEA officers Scott Maney, Sarah Thornbury, and Carol Evans, the Springboro Three, who refused to show up at the July 25 BOE meeting to celebrate with Springboro families our success!

Thumbs Down to Neighbors for Springboro Schools
president, Sarah Hall, who bowed to union masters command to greedily bully Springboro families for more, more, more....Shame on you, Sarah Hall! families
Performance Review

Piqua, OH

#26121 Jul 26, 2013
July 25 Performance review ...

Thumbs Down to the participant at last night's board meeting who tried a "gotcha moment" by selectively reading a sentence from an article written by a board member...

Thumbs Up to Board Member, David Petroni, for leading her misguided statement ...in the direction of Unity.

In the direction of unity…..
With the first day of school upon us in late August, we enter into the comfortable routines of a new school year. Each year begins with the hope and prayer of a fresh beginning on both sides of the fence, teachers praying for well-behaved students and children fervently praying for “nice” teachers.
The new year also brings with it new employment contracts with our support staff and our teachers. Combine that with the technology plan being assembled and implemented, new buses for our children’s safety, a sustainable facilities maintenance plan, a tax break for our taxpayers, and our district is in an entirely different situation from recent years when wave after wave of levy campaigns sought to raise taxes.
Circumstances may change; however, if we maintain our fiscal conservative spending patterns and husband our resources wisely, no new taxes are projected.
My place at the table is to represent the community—the taxpayer, the landowner, the voter. My fiduciary duty is also to this institution. It is important to remember I represent the voice of those who pay for our local schools. Tonight, we step forward for our teachers and our community. In doing so, we are demonstrating that as our voices come together we can write a single, better, unified story. It is not a story of the past, always disregarding the needs of the district. It is not a story of teachers and staff holding out for more. It is not a story of higher taxes (in fact, just the opposite). This is a story where everyone wins.
Although we occasionally may disagree with the means to an end, the final goal is the same for all involved: a better education for our children.
-continued
Performance Review

Piqua, OH

#26122 Jul 26, 2013
Let's join hands and continue ....in the direction of Unity:

Through Children First Budgeting, zero based budgets, sound leadership, plans that prioritize educational needs, infrastructure and our staff, it is possible and now proven that we can live within our means. These phrases imply debt or sacrifice, but that is not the case. Not only have we proven that we can live within our means, but now every stakeholder in this district—our students and families, our staff and teachers, and our taxpayers–will benefit from this board’s leadership.
First, our students benefit as we direct funds to textbooks, curriculum, new buses, technology, and we dedicate attention to supports for college and career—STEM, PSEO, AP courses and more.
I have stated in that past and it is worth repeating, that it is impossible to educate a child without skilled teachers and staff and without giving them the tools to be successful. With these new contract agreements, every teacher, every staff member, every employee, every custodian, and every bus driver of the Springboro Community City Schools will be paid more. They will be rewarded for their skills and commitment to our schools and our children.
In any negotiation, especially collective bargaining, each party must at least be willing to move forward knowing neither of us will get everything we want. I am willing to make the commitment to pay our teachers as they requested and they are willing to take reformative steps in their salary schedule and health benefits that respect the values of our entire community.
This agreement with our teachers must be more than a promise that sits on the shelf. The agreement to establish a merit / performance pay committee and diligently work with the health care committee, will dictate actions that demonstrate accountability by both sides. We all must strive with our best intentions to make sustainability the priority—to work within our current revenue rather than insist we need more.
The community can see after just 18 months that Children First Budgeting works. It is transparent and inclusive, and it drives our attention and resources toward investments in facilities, technology and teachers. It is most evident in the new contracts.
But what will be most evident to the taxpayer is lower taxes. Even after plans to invest millions in technology, curriculum, buildings and buses, and even after providing every employee with raises, we are financially prepared to give something back to the taxpayer – to give back to our community by reducing their tax burden. The renewal levy on the ballot in November will be set at a lower mileage rate to reduce taxes generated by that levy by nearly 15 percent.
This reduction of almost 15 percent is equal to $1,353,800 per year ($6,769,000 over 5 years) that we are giving back to our community. That’s right, every homeowner in the Springboro Community City School District will receive a raise just like our staff! Children First Budgeting makes sense and today everyone wins.
Steven Covey says that,“What you do has far greater impact than what you say.” So now we put the words—spun in social media, exclaimed in online petitions, threatening as well as entreating, angry as well as earnest—behind us. We’ve emerged stronger than before.
Congratulations to our board, to our central office staff, to our teachers and students, and to our community. All sides were heard – and the outcome is fair to all sides. All have gained ground. And that success can only continue if we act in good faith to work together to put Children First.
http://educatespringboro.org/2013/07/16/in-th...
Performance Review

Piqua, OH

#26123 Jul 26, 2013
Let's continue... in the direction of Unity:

Through Children First Budgeting, zero based budgets, sound leadership, plans that prioritize educational needs, infrastructure and our staff, it is possible and now proven that we can live within our means. These phrases imply debt or sacrifice, but that is not the case. Not only have we proven that we can live within our means, but now every stakeholder in this district—our students and families, our staff and teachers, and our taxpayers–will benefit from this board’s leadership.
First, our students benefit as we direct funds to textbooks, curriculum, new buses, technology, and we dedicate attention to supports for college and career—STEM, PSEO, AP courses and more.
I have stated in that past and it is worth repeating, that it is impossible to educate a child without skilled teachers and staff and without giving them the tools to be successful. With these new contract agreements, every teacher, every staff member, every employee, every custodian, and every bus driver of the Springboro Community City Schools will be paid more. They will be rewarded for their skills and commitment to our schools and our children.
In any negotiation, especially collective bargaining, each party must at least be willing to move forward knowing neither of us will get everything we want. I am willing to make the commitment to pay our teachers as they requested and they are willing to take reformative steps in their salary schedule and health benefits that respect the values of our entire community.
This agreement with our teachers must be more than a promise that sits on the shelf. The agreement to establish a merit / performance pay committee and diligently work with the health care committee, will dictate actions that demonstrate accountability by both sides. We all must strive with our best intentions to make sustainability the priority—to work within our current revenue rather than insist we need more.
The community can see after just 18 months that Children First Budgeting works. It is transparent and inclusive, and it drives our attention and resources toward investments in facilities, technology and teachers. It is most evident in the new contracts.
But what will be most evident to the taxpayer is lower taxes. Even after plans to invest millions in technology, curriculum, buildings and buses, and even after providing every employee with raises, we are financially prepared to give something back to the taxpayer – to give back to our community by reducing their tax burden. The renewal levy on the ballot in November will be set at a lower mileage rate to reduce taxes generated by that levy by nearly 15 percent.
This reduction of almost 15 percent is equal to $1,353,800 per year ($6,769,000 over 5 years) that we are giving back to our community. That’s right, every homeowner in the Springboro Community City School District will receive a raise just like our staff! Children First Budgeting makes sense and today everyone wins.
Steven Covey says that,“What you do has far greater impact than what you say.” So now we put the words—spun in social media, exclaimed in online petitions, threatening as well as entreating, angry as well as earnest—behind us. We’ve emerged stronger than before.
Congratulations to our board, to our central office staff, to our teachers and students, and to our community. All sides were heard – and the outcome is fair to all sides. All have gained ground. And that success can only continue if we act in good faith to work together to put Children First.
http://educatespringboro.org/2013/07/16/in-th...
Doug took us flying

Lebanon, OH

#26124 Jul 27, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words are too kind, misguided most certainly. Aircraft are not really play toys, but rather tools to be utilized. I use mine primarily for business, they allow me to see a customer in Chicago for a 10:00 a.m. meeting and be home by 2:00 p.m. to finish up at the office. Primarily they offer the advantage of providing the user more time to perform more important tasks than sitting in airports or in cars counting cows as the miles roll by.
Another thing I enjoy doing is sharing the love of flying with the children. Back in the day when children took field trips, we took one in first grade to the Toledo airport. Part of the trip was for $1 you had the opportunity to take a plane ride. Each of us had our dollars pinned to our jackets so as not to lose them. Somehow, I managed to lose mine and tearfully resigned myself to sitting on the side watching everyone else go but me. As the class rides whittled down, Mrs. Kluer noticed I had not gone, when I told her why she told me she had "found" a dollar earlier and presented it to me.
Because all of the other children had already gone I was bundled into the back with a group of teachers who were going up next. Our ride was much longer as we toured the Toledo skyline and harbor. From that moment on I knew I wanted to do fly.
Years later I found myself in a position to repay Mrs. Kluer's kindness by extending the same offer that had propelled me onto my life path. When Transportation Day came around in 2007 my daughter asked if I had any big trucks to bring to school. I thought about it for a minute a decided I had something that might be a little better.
I did this in 2007, 2009, and 2011.
Somebody did it for me, so now was my chance to do if for someone else.
SPRINGBORO Community Schools NEWSLETTER
May 25, 2007
Students See The Skies
(Top) Mallory O’Neal thanks Doug Wiedeman who just finished giving her an aerial tour of Springboro.
(Middle) Samuel Redding, a second grader, and Sammy Hall, a fifth grader, get ready for takeoff. It
was Samuel’s first plane ride.
(Bottom) One of Mr. Wiedeman’s planes.
A Dennis Elementary School parent made an impression on the more than 800 students attending that school last week with a generous offer – he wanted to take ALL the students for a ride in his airplanes!
“It was an extremely generous offer, but we couldn’t allow that many kids to miss school,” said Sandy Wray, principal at Dennis West.
So instead, students from all 36 classrooms took home permission slips. Of those that were returned, they were entered into a contest, and one child from each classroom and their parent took a 10-15 minute airplane ride. Doug Wiedeman, who owns two planes that are kept at Wright Brothers Airport in Springboro, made the offer, and flew one of the planes throughout the day. He has two daughters at Dennis East, Eleanor is a fifth grader while Elizabeth is in third grade.
“We appreciate Mr. Wiedeman giving our students this wonderful experience. They will never forget it,” Dennis East Principal Todd Petrey and Mrs. Wray said.
I never put two and two together but the same man they are ripping on here was the one who took my daughter and I flying. She was extremely excited to get her permission slip signed and enter the drawing, I on the other hand was less than thrilled. I thought this was harmless enough, what are the odds she would see her name pulled from the hat. When she came home and told me we were going on a plane ride I nearly fainted. Doug put us all at ease during the flight and pointed out various landmarks and showed us the school. My daughter's eyes were bright and wide open, a thrill she talked about for some time. When I offered to give him some money for gas he said there was no need and thanked me anyway. Now I guess I know why. Thanks again Doug.
Heart Healthy Choice

Piqua, OH

#26125 Jul 27, 2013
Heart Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but maybe I am a bit naive. I have never been on the "tea party circuit" can you explain what that is?
Maybe throw in a few specific examples of Dr Kohls "threatening to "threatening" to continue with disrespectful "bullying" of our parents and teachers, until they "listen" to her demands that the Board be given "respect."
In all seriousness, I have never been to a Tea party event, never donned a tri corner hat, never even vsupported a teap party candidate hat I am aware of. But can you explain to me what is so god awful about those that engage in grass roots organizatonis such as the tea party? What have they done as an organization that has left such a venomous taste in your mouth?
Kelly Kohls involvement in the Tea Party affects her performance on the BOE how? Should we not be proud to have someone such as a Dr Kohls as our BOE President, that is involved in and respected by other organizations. Or would you rather have the bump on a logs that we have had in the past that show up at BOE meetings, look at their phones and watches all night long, rubber stamp whatever the SEA demands without ever questioning the status quo?
Me? I'll take the person that is not afraid to be involved, ask tough questions, do research, make informed decisions, then have the guts to stand behind them. Some might call that leadership. Too bad recent past BOE presidents, Scott Anderson, Craig Colston come to mind, lacked that quality...IMHO.
Four More Years! Four More Year! Four More Years!

Just as the "heart healthy choice" of enough rich food is best for responsible eating; but takes a lot of "Individual Responsibility and Discipline" to control ourselves from indulging in ALL that we can AFFORD; so it is that school board representative, Kelly Kohls' fiscal responsible "spending plan" of our school tax dollars provides our school children a Quality classroom education, while living within our children's first budget guidelines, to control the addictive appetite of the Springboro Education Association, whose lust for over-indulgence in Public Schools Good Pay Increases/Good Benefits, is far more than Springboro voters working in the Private Sector can afford!

Can we AFFORD not to RE-ELECT Springboro Parent and Awesome School Board President, Dr. Kelly Kohls, to FOUR MORE YEARS OF SERVICE TO OUR CHILDREN FIRST? Sounds like the HEART HEALTHY CHOICE for the "TREASURES OF OUR HEARTS" -- OUR CHILDREN, OUR FUTURE!
Heart Healthy Choice

Piqua, OH

#26126 Jul 27, 2013
...four more years!...four more years... for children first... four more years!

Remember in November to Celebrate Our Achievements and Vote For Continued Success for Our Children First! YES WE CAN Vote Against REVENGE!

Who are the TWO concerned parents, who will join Dr. Kelly Kohls as Conservative School Board Candidates, standing strong in the eye of the stormy hostility of Dr. Ron Malone’s Vicious, Vindictive, Vow to lead our Young Americans to Vote For Revenge and throw out of elected office the BOE board majority standing for our Children First? Who will Stand Up for Our Kids First?

Who will remember in November that it was Dr. Ron Malone, who has been a SHS principal for 13 years, who led our Springboro High School Students to join him and his wife Sherri, in spreading lies throughout our community, falsely accusing our three reform-minded BOE elected officials, of trying to break a legal employment contract and throw their “beloved” principal out of his job! This was a terrible lie that the SHS principal and his wife spread about Springboro Parent, Kelly Kohls, whose children are students of Dr. Malone’s in the Springboro High School building!

Dr. Malone’s lying tongue now has led him to perched on the list of school board candidates on the Board of Election website who have pulled petitions to run for elected office in the November 2013 election. Our Vote For Revenge high school students, who taunted Kelly Kohls at the March 2012 Reinstate Malone attempted take-over of the free November 2011 election that when they were old enough, they would vote against Children first board members and vote revenge for Dr. Malone. Now we have on this blog the hateful speech of our high school graduates taunting that they are all grown up and ready to vote against our children first and for Dr. Malone’s revenge against the Springboro Three, that he and his wife falsely accused of trying to throw him out of his job!

People in this community should ask themselves: Is this the level of professional educator that our Renewal Levy will support IF Ron Malone and David Stuckey are elected FOR REVENGE against Springboro taxpayers? People in this community should reject these SEA words of war and revenge against Springboro Families, who view our civic responsibility to support public education differently than “putting the emphasis on the VALUE of the professional educator? People in this community should question Mr. Malone as to what VALUE to our children is his desire to exploit his students to gain revenge against board members with whom he politically disagrees?

Stay Alert Voters! Remember in November this proverbial wisdom of these words:
The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a fleeting vapor…

People in this community of voters should ask themselves: Is Dr. Malone’s lying tongue for revenge against Springboro families the tongue that we want wagging and nagging as elected board representative, fighting social justice for more dollar value be placed on
The members of the Springboro Education Association. Doesn’t our SEA president, Mr. Scott Maney, already take that job? Don’t “we the people” need to elect school board candidates who are ready and willing to go to work for “our children first?”

Very Much Worth Repeating

Piqua, OH

#26127 Jul 27, 2013
Heart Healthy Choice wrote:
...four more years!...four more years... for children first... four more years!
Remember in November to Celebrate Our Achievements and Vote For Continued Success for Our Children First! YES WE CAN Vote Against REVENGE!
Who are the TWO concerned parents, who will join Dr. Kelly Kohls as Conservative School Board Candidates, standing strong in the eye of the stormy hostility of Dr. Ron Malone’s Vicious, Vindictive, Vow to lead our Young Americans to Vote For Revenge and throw out of elected office the BOE board majority standing for our Children First? Who will Stand Up for Our Kids First?
Who will remember in November that it was Dr. Ron Malone, who has been a SHS principal for 13 years, who led our Springboro High School Students to join him and his wife Sherri, in spreading lies throughout our community, falsely accusing our three reform-minded BOE elected officials, of trying to break a legal employment contract and throw their “beloved” principal out of his job! This was a terrible lie that the SHS principal and his wife spread about Springboro Parent, Kelly Kohls, whose children are students of Dr. Malone’s in the Springboro High School building!
Dr. Malone’s lying tongue now has led him to perched on the list of school board candidates on the Board of Election website who have pulled petitions to run for elected office in the November 2013 election. Our Vote For Revenge high school students, who taunted Kelly Kohls at the March 2012 Reinstate Malone attempted take-over of the free November 2011 election that when they were old enough, they would vote against Children first board members and vote revenge for Dr. Malone. Now we have on this blog the hateful speech of our high school graduates taunting that they are all grown up and ready to vote against our children first and for Dr. Malone’s revenge against the Springboro Three, that he and his wife falsely accused of trying to throw him out of his job!
People in this community should ask themselves: Is this the level of professional educator that our Renewal Levy will support IF Ron Malone and David Stuckey are elected FOR REVENGE against Springboro taxpayers? People in this community should reject these SEA words of war and revenge against Springboro Families, who view our civic responsibility to support public education differently than “putting the emphasis on the VALUE of the professional educator? People in this community should question Mr. Malone as to what VALUE to our children is his desire to exploit his students to gain revenge against board members with whom he politically disagrees?
Stay Alert Voters! Remember in November this proverbial wisdom of these words:
The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a fleeting vapor…
People in this community of voters should ask themselves: Is Dr. Malone’s lying tongue for revenge against Springboro families the tongue that we want wagging and nagging as elected board representative, fighting social justice for more dollar value be placed on
The members of the Springboro Education Association. Doesn’t our SEA president, Mr. Scott Maney, already take that job? Don’t “we the people” need to elect school board candidates who are ready and willing to go to work for “our children first?”
Read My Lips: Don't "we the people" need to elect school board member who are OSBLC trained to make every financial decision investing our school tax dollars in the best interest of Our Children First?

Why should "we the people" vote for renewal levy that will give Babb/Malone/Stuckey the control of power and money to re-instate Dr. Malone's plan to use our money to place more dollars of the Value of the educator, whose influence on our school students and community taxpayers, is shown to be neither Professional adult behavior, nor educational to our children first?
liberal babb

Girard, OH

#26128 Jul 27, 2013
Some vote for me, more vote 'gainst me
I'll run anyway
If you don't like greedy teachers
Then, just walk away

You can beg and you can plead
But I can't see the light......(that's right!)
I need your votes to 'feed the pig'
'though your pocket's tight ('cause we are...)

Mo-ving toward a lib-er-al board
And I am your lib-er-al girl
You know that we are mo-ving toward a lib-er-al board
And I am your lib-er-al girl
Kelly Kohls

Englewood, OH

#26129 Jul 27, 2013
Hey gang, just wanted to check in and say thank you to all the Children First supporters who work tirelessly to ridicule those who disagree with us. You guys are inspirational. When I am taking heat during the board meetings it is so refreshing to think of the army of people I have pushing my agenda for me!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous about November, Malone is a powerful guy and I know we've pushed the edge a little. I know Doug will be helping me every step of the way but we've shaken the tree. I just hope we can hold on!

A few on here keep bringing up my bankruptcy...well let me tell you something. I am the victim!! I tried to pay the bills for all my things but I just couldn't. At some point I had to decide what the responsible thing to do would be, and it seemed the only option was to just walk away from it. It takes some time to build credit back, but I've already got some plastic with a good credit limit so we'll see how it works next time.

Stay the course -- remember we need to keep pushing forward on creationism, we need to make sure our schools are safe by making all teachers and staff carry a gun and/or baton, and we want all of our schools to be charter schools. Most of all, we've got to get rid of this union quickly. They're such a pain in my side and a cramp to my style. The SEA people seem to think we always have to play by the contract rules.

Keep up the good work my minions!

Semper Tea!
Kelly

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#26130 Jul 27, 2013
Kelly Kohls wrote:
Hey gang, just wanted to check in and say thank you to all the Children First supporters who work tirelessly to ridicule those who disagree with us. You guys are inspirational. When I am taking heat during the board meetings it is so refreshing to think of the army of people I have pushing my agenda for me!
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous about November, Malone is a powerful guy and I know we've pushed the edge a little. I know Doug will be helping me every step of the way but we've shaken the tree. I just hope we can hold on!
A few on here keep bringing up my bankruptcy...well let me tell you something. I am the victim!! I tried to pay the bills for all my things but I just couldn't. At some point I had to decide what the responsible thing to do would be, and it seemed the only option was to just walk away from it. It takes some time to build credit back, but I've already got some plastic with a good credit limit so we'll see how it works next time.
Stay the course -- remember we need to keep pushing forward on creationism, we need to make sure our schools are safe by making all teachers and staff carry a gun and/or baton, and we want all of our schools to be charter schools. Most of all, we've got to get rid of this union quickly. They're such a pain in my side and a cramp to my style. The SEA people seem to think we always have to play by the contract rules.
Keep up the good work my minions!
Semper Tea!
Kelly
Semper Fi !

Best of luck to you Kelly !
Tick Tock

Piqua, OH

#26131 Jul 27, 2013
Very Much Worth Repeating wrote:
<quoted text>
Read My Lips: Don't "we the people" need to elect school board member who are OSBLC trained to make every financial decision investing our school tax dollars in the best interest of Our Children First?
Why should "we the people" vote for renewal levy that will give Babb/Malone/Stuckey the control of power and money to re-instate Dr. Malone's plan to use our money to place more dollars of the Value of the educator, whose influence on our school students and community taxpayers, is shown to be neither Professional adult behavior, nor educational to our children first?
Time's running out on that "insanely popular" has been a SHS principal for 13 years, doing what's wrong for our children
first, while indulging himself richly, doing what's popular with the Springboro Education Association. Just like that old artificial turf on Careflight Field which is old and worn out and needs to be replaced, so it is with the artificial professionalism of this old and worn out principal, Dr. Ron Malone, who now needs to be replaced. All overly-indulgent taxpayer-funded resources, like the 40 years working experitse of Dr. Malone, eventually wear out their usefullness to our 21st century education for our children's future. Just like there's not a change that taxpaying homeowners are going to vote for our money to be invested in new artificial turf at the football field, there's not a chance taxpaying homeowners will vote investment of school levy to pay for old artificial professional leadership of Dr. Ron Malone and his terrible twosome of Stuckey/Babb!
Hold On

Piqua, OH

#26132 Jul 27, 2013
John Parise wrote:
<quoted text>
Semper Fi !
Best of luck to you Kelly !
Isn't it likely that this ridicule of Kelly Kohls in the above post is just as artificial as that old worn out turf on careflight field; and doesn't this ridicule of Kelly Kohls sound just like that old lying tongue of Ron Malone's vow to Vote for Revenge against our children first?
Heart Healthy Choice

Piqua, OH

#26133 Jul 27, 2013
Four More Years! Four More Year! Four More Years!

Just as the "heart healthy choice" of enough rich food is best for responsible eating; but takes a lot of "Individual Responsibility and Discipline" to control ourselves from indulging in ALL that we can AFFORD; so it is that school board representative, Kelly Kohls' fiscal responsible "spending plan" of our school tax dollars provides our school children a Quality classroom education, while living within our children's first budget guidelines, to control the addictive appetite of the Springboro Education Association, whose lust for over-indulgence in Public Schools Good Pay Increases/Good Benefits, is far more than Springboro voters working in the Private Sector can afford!

Can we AFFORD not to RE-ELECT Springboro Parent and Awesome School Board President, Dr. Kelly Kohls, to FOUR MORE YEARS OF SERVICE TO OUR CHILDREN FIRST? Sounds like the HEART HEALTHY CHOICE for the "TREASURES OF OUR HEARTS" -- OUR CHILDREN, OUR FUTURE!
Stay Alert Voters

Piqua, OH

#26134 Jul 27, 2013
In a recent news article DDN reporter Larry Budd reports: Ex-principal, teacher seek to challenge current president. Dave Stuckey plans to join a three-person ticket that includes former Springboro High school principal Ron Malone.
"The bottom line is he and I are running. We're goint to try and find a third person that fits our idea and what we want to accomplish," Stuckey said." --

Guess Mr. Stuckey doesn't remember that Mr. Malone has already stated in Springboro Life that he realizes that he no longer fits in with our reform minded 21st century education "ideas." Our children first budgeting works! We are successful with "ideas" for our future that are already tried and proven successful! The bottom line of Malone/Stuckey/Babb is truly as "low as they can go" in coming up with "ideas to accomplish" re-intating Malone's old status quo business as usual! Where's the Value of the educator in that "lowering the quality BOE leadership bar?"
The Bottom Line

Piqua, OH

#26135 Jul 27, 2013
Just Watching wrote:
Now back to the 2000 plus children who are not getting the education the taxpayers are funding.
OGT Results 2013, this is the bar the teachers and the union supporters were cheering about when Mr. Malone proudly declared he had 93% of his building stepping over these bars to become state defined PROFICIENT in all subjects.
I can see now why they were cheering Mr. Malone so loudly, this is indeed an impressive accomplishment.
Not everyone can recast abject FAILURE as success, in that Mr. Malone is quite special.
Reading
PROFICIENT.......... 19.5 – 30.0 ..........41%-63%......... 400 – 428
Mathematics
PROFICIENT.......... 19.0 – 28.0 ..........41%-61%.........400 – 424
Writing
PROFICIENT ..........25.5 – 33.5 ..........53%-70%.........400 – 429
Science
PROFICIENT ..........22.0 – 29.0 ..........46%-60%.........400 – 424
Social Studies
PROFICIENT ..........21.5 – 31.5..........45%-67%......... 400 – 428
The Bottom Line Is.... the terrible threesome of
Malone-Stuckey-Babb doing the union's insanely poplar "limbo"
status quo dance really IS as low as our BOE leadership can go! Isn't the bottom line "Idea" of reversing our children's first budget to business as usual union first, what the SEA really wants to accomplish in November? Imagine the financial insanity of voting into office the Springboro Education Association to "rule over itself" as the BOE majority! Isn't that like putting the sly old fox in charge of the hen house?
The Bottom Line

Piqua, OH

#26136 Jul 27, 2013
Just Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you can do that.
If, however, the teachers threaten to strike it is incumbent upon administration to have a backup plan.
Are you trying to say the community should not have a back up plan in the event the Ohio Education Association determines its needs are greater than those of our children?
I really don't see how the board members refusing their $125 -$250 per month stipend will aid us in any substantive way.(It is less than Mr. Malone spends currying favor with donuts while spending other people's money.)
The teacher's, on the other hand, take $4500 -$9200 per month each for their 8.5 month contribution.
330 plus teachers vs 5 BOE members?
Really.
The Bottom Line is that Mr. Malone has never done anything for our children first that he did not FIRST benefit himself and his principal's fund. What principles are these for a professional educator to tell his boss, that he will not INVEST his time in providing our students' portrait packages, unless the parents INVEST in his first interest of growing the principal's fund.
Malone has no professional experience of handling money and power in a responsible and accountable manner.
The Bottom Line

Piqua, OH

#26137 Jul 27, 2013
wormhole wrote:
<quoted text>
The Kelly Kohls you're referring to may exist in another universe, possibly on the opposite side of a wormhole.
In THIS universe, Dr. Kelly Kohls, President of Springboro Board of Education, is 100% dedicated to seeing that district resources are managed in such a way that our children receive the best educations possible. I have known Kelly since before she was elected. Dr. Kelly Kohls does not attempt to bully anyone into accepting her set of beliefs, nor does she ask others to compromise their beliefs. What she does a great deal of is encourage the public's participation in helping her (with progressive groups such as OSBLC) to improve the overall future for education.
After years of empty threats to the public and fiscal neglect neglect through Baker & Detwiller, Kelly's BOE has a huge measure of respect from this entire community for bringing accountability to Springboro schools. So, who are these anti-Kohls naysayers? Like Kohls, these anti-Kohls naysayers are 100% about the best educations possible for Springboro's students.
The key difference is philosophy in that the anti-Kohls effort being led by the SEA is all about this Scott Maney wet-dream: Toss taxpayers' money straight up into the air! First create a need, then fill it with tax dollars! Maney will tell you straight to your face that the secret ingredient in keeping that good ol' Panther Pride a rollin' is securing extra cash flow, especially into the back pockets and purses of the teachers!!
Because they support the educational needs of Springboro schools students, Miller, Kohls, Rigano, Petroni & Kull must support teachers. However, in this context, the word "support" should not in any way be confused with the phrase... "pay eternal homage to". Any responsible, functional public school Board of Education will attempt to work together in a PRACTICAL, FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE MANNER for the mutual benefit of everyone connected to that given district- students, teachers/staff, parents/ taxpayers as well as business owners.
Open Springboro I'm so glad you brought up the subject of snakepits. There's no question the majority of district voters would much rather have Kohls and her Tea Party connection than have any association with the local socialist sympathizing organization Springboro Education Association - led by Scott Maney, the slimiest of snakes to be found in the pit.
No Renewal Levy in November for the Springboro Education Association snake pits of the slimiest maney-maloney lowest kind.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#26138 Jul 28, 2013
Hold On wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it likely that this ridicule of Kelly Kohls in the above post is just as artificial as that old worn out turf on careflight field; and doesn't this ridicule of Kelly Kohls sound just like that old lying tongue of Ron Malone's vow to Vote for Revenge against our children first?
ridicule ? Where do you get that idea from ? I am encouraging KELLY, as I am a supporter of her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brits want to stop female genital mutilation! (Jul '14) 1 hr Latin Lover 5
I am an Ann Fan, not one of Rachel Mad Cow. 1 hr Ann Fan 1
Regarding gas-tax increases... 1 hr Net Nut 1
Elizabeth 1 hr Net Nut 3
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr williewilliamajr123 19,590
Teen charged in fatal Ohio mall shooting, robbe... 8 hr Akingu 1
Fetus dies after woman is beaten, left on stree... 8 hr Akingu 3
Springboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:43 am PST

NFL 8:43AM