Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 31964 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

Down Home in Boro

Cincinnati, OH

#25886 Jul 19, 2013
reflection wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, oh dear Dr. Malone,
While looking into the mirror,
Please ask yourself this question:
How difficult is it to step over a bar
If the level of the bar is below the knees?
lol..that old man malone is a wee little man...but insanely popular in the community of unity of wee little unionized minds....
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25887 Jul 19, 2013
Just Laughing wrote:
<quoted text>Spoken like a true BOE wanna be.
Truth is truth our current BOE has done more in positive things in one year than all of the past levy maneuverings combined.

And they did not need to ask us for more money to do them, they just sorted out the finances.
Really LOL

Englewood, OH

#25888 Jul 19, 2013
Down Home in Boro wrote:
<quoted text>
lol..that old man malone is a wee little man...but insanely popular in the community of unity of wee little unionized minds....
And just think of all those wee little high school graduates that are now able to vote and overwhelm your rich, white, Republican a*s!
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25889 Jul 19, 2013
Unionman wrote:
Do you guys realize how powerful it is when you rant and rave on here about how much you hate the union, how greedy and selfish they are, and how much you think they should be "tightened", "trimmed", "forced", and "cut"?
When I need to motivate union members to get involved, to get political, and to spread the message to their neighbors, friends, and family all I need to do is direct them to a website like Topix.
Here they can read it themselves. They can see the hatred that fringe groups have toward us. They can see the desire to lash out at every opportunity. They can see the greed and the selfishness. They can sense the lack of appreciation for the important jobs they do. They see the desire to force union members to work harder, longer, and under less safe conditions all for less pay and benefits. It fires them up and gets them going!
While you all hide behind your computer screens making anonymous posts, our teachers feed on that energy and tie a few more ribbons, pass out a few more bumper magnets, and talk to a few more friends and neighbors.
Keep it up, folks. I appreciate it. The good that you did in keeping the teachers united and strong against a corrupt board of education helped us in the most recent contract negotiations. It will help us defeat Kohls this November.
See you at the polls!
In solidarity,
Unionman
I don't make anonymous posts and I back up my arguments with facts, you back yours up with emotion and pleadings.

Let's take a look at the job being performed in this district and see if you care to defend that job your union is doing.

Ask the union to address this issue and then see how their pay looks.

8th Grade 2011-2012 Ohio Achievement Assessment Tests Results.
Math .......50 possible points on the test
State Rating System and distribution of students for the 8th grade
Limited.......... 3 Students
Limited.......... 20% was the Average score for this group
Limited..........definition--0 -10 correct answers =(0-20% correct)
Basic..........25 Students
Basic ..........27% was the Average score for this group
Basic..........definition--11- 15 correct answers =(22-30% correct)
Proficient........174 Students
Proficient........47% was the Average score for this group
Proficient.........definition- -16-29 correct answers =(32-58% correct)
Accelerated.....159 Students
Accelerated.....67% was the Average score for this group
Accelerated.....definition--30 -36 correct answers =(60-72% correct)
Advanced........77 Students
Advanced........85% was the Average score for this group
Advanced........definition--37 -50 correct answers =(74-100% correct)
Applying Mr. Malone's same grading system used for assigning percentages to grades earned in the college credit program (PSEO)
F.....Below 62.99% correct answers.......239 Students
Percentage of Students.....55% receiving F
D..... 63%- 74.99% correct answers......108 Students
Percentage of Students.....25% receiving D
C......75%- 84.99% correct answers........49 Students
Percentage of Students.....11% receiving C
B..... 85%- 92.99% correct answers........36 Students
Percentage of Students.....8% receiving B
A..... 93% correct answers and above.....6 Students
Percentage of Students.....1% receiving A
Is this the level of achievement to which we wish to aspire in Springboro?
Is this the best we are capable of given our resources?
Should we continue to allow the schools and the state to hide behind euphemisms rather than actual achievement?
Demand better, our children and taxpayers deserve a real return on our investment in our schools.

PROFICIENT equals FAILURE
poundsand

Dayton, OH

#25890 Jul 19, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is truth our current BOE has done more in positive things in one year than all of the past levy maneuverings combined.

And they did not need to ask us for more money to do them, they just sorted out the finances.
Poor Dr. Baker. Not even his PHD could help him figure out what our current board has managed to accomplish.
Really Doug

Englewood, OH

#25891 Jul 19, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
PROFICIENT equals FAILURE
Coming from someone who is proficient as a failure in life, I must say you are the expert and we should perhaps yield you some credit due to the immense amount of failure you've experienced in life, especially when it comes to managing your anger.

http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/Clerk/ecms/r...
Fiery Praise and Glory

Cincinnati, OH

#25892 Jul 19, 2013
Unionman wrote:
Do you guys realize how powerful it is when you rant and rave on here about how much you hate the union, how greedy and selfish they are, and how much you think they should be "tightened", "trimmed", "forced", and "cut"?
When I need to motivate union members to get involved, to get political, and to spread the message to their neighbors, friends, and family all I need to do is direct them to a website like Topix.
Here they can read it themselves. They can see the hatred that fringe groups have toward us. They can see the desire to lash out at every opportunity. They can see the greed and the selfishness. They can sense the lack of appreciation for the important jobs they do. They see the desire to force union members to work harder, longer, and under less safe conditions all for less pay and benefits. It fires them up and gets them going!
While you all hide behind your computer screens making anonymous posts, our teachers feed on that energy and tie a few more ribbons, pass out a few more bumper magnets, and talk to a few more friends and neighbors.
Keep it up, folks. I appreciate it. The good that you did in keeping the teachers united and strong against a corrupt board of education helped us in the most recent contract negotiations. It will help us defeat Kohls this November.
See you at the polls!
In solidarity,
Unionman
Testify! Testify! Union Man.... haven't we all heard this same pity party sermon, back in the merry merry month of May, from this same old burned-out revengeful ex-union official, promoting that hypocritical "Help Us Help You Flatten Your Wallet to Fatten the Firefighters Union Wallet?? Remember that hypocritical Help Us Help You campaign to raise fire levy taxes 93% on every family, making Clearcreek township the highest paid in taxes? Try to remember, union man, how did that emotional blackmailing for dollars work out for you?
To taxpayers benefit, it alerted us to Keep both eyes open on that sneaky Mr. Kidd, who is coveting a big surplus of our money being kept on hold, while he continues threatening "brown outs" and all kinds of scary stuff shoved down our throats IF we don't pass the 93% increse next Spring! Mr. Kidd was really squirming at his very weak-minded presentation at last meeting; so obvious that Wade and Pickett had already decided in their "Secret Chamber" that Ed Wade's best political interest would be served in November IF the township was not pushing for the Wade/Gabbard 93% fire levy tax increase! Pity the Poor little rich "Kidd!" Had to step back in line behind the Wade dude with a promise and prayer of hitting the jackpot come nest Spring.... like that's going to happen!
Brain Drain Alert

Cincinnati, OH

#25893 Jul 19, 2013
Really LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
And just think of all those wee little high school graduates that are now able to vote and overwhelm your rich, white, Republican a*s!
Hey all you Springboro Professional Educators.... here's a testimonial of the highly over-priced "educational product" of our
excellent with distinction Springboro schools! What a joke is Mr. Malone's influence on his special kids of unionism indoctrination!
Taxpayers Need to Get a Great Big Sign and Post PRICE REDUCED on our Springboro Schools Superintendent's office door! Why wait till November?
Guts

Canton, OH

#25894 Jul 19, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
And now the rest of the story
http://www.sconet.state.oh.us/tempx/609497.pd ...
Pay close attention to pages 4-5 as Jeff Kirby uses ex parte communications and hearsay to render legal opinions.
Lt Barton is the police officer who had his wife sexually assaulted and savagely murdered. Barton was the officer in charge of the investigation of this mess. Lt Barton was a tall, lean man with a gaunt pallor, most likely caused by carrying around the knowledge of his wife's murder. Not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, he failed to view the bank videotape of this incident for a full 6 months until my attorney pressed the issue. I recall how dumbfounded he appeared as he watched the video while listening to my attorney narrate from the complaining witness' statement. The video clearly contradicts the statement the complainant gave in regards to my actions and appearance. Lt. Barton quietly exited out a side door leaving the prosecutor to hem and haw about what he just observed.
When the trial finally commenced in Springboro Mayor's court, Mr. Kirby heard from three out of the five scheduled witnesses. He stopped the testimony after the responding police officer testified he thought so little of the incident he left some forms and went back to the station to go home for the day. Mr. Kirby then proceeded to stop the recording of the proceedings and call forth the complainant. Without bothering to swear in the witness, he began haranguing him about the case. He then proceeded to harangue me for a few minutes, then dismissed the case without bothering to hear sworn testimony and cross examination of the person who began this process. Mr. Kirby also did not bother to view the videotape of the incident. He simply dismissed the case.
No attorney I have ever related that story to has ever said that this was common practice. And in fact seemed highly unusual.
Upon exiting the courtroom I came across Lt Barton and Sgt Wheeler.
I asked if either of them had actually done the least bit of investigation into this? After nearly a year of no information from the prosecutor or police aside from the complaint, I finally heard their witnesses. There was nothing there, never was. The police had nothing, the witnesses that we heard had nothing. What happened here? After that brief conversation Mr. Kirby and my attorney exited the building and we all walked to our cars in the parking lot. Mr. Kirby did not hear or see any of the conversation with Wheeler and Barton. The only way his descriptions made it into his final judgement was through ex parte communication and hearsay. The question begs itself, if my behavior was as egregious as advertised, then why did not two police officers arrest me at that time. The simple answer is that it wasn't.
The charges were refiled in Warren County by the city prosecutor. The same thing happened, the case was never brought to trial. Month after month we would ask for a trial and the judge would order us back for another attorney conference. Each month the Judge Heath would offer to drop the charges if I signed a form not to sue anyone.
Each month I declined. And so it went for about a year until Judge Heath dismissed the case and copied Mr. Kirby's opinion all without ever hearing one single word of testimony, viewing the videotape, or seeing any evidence.
Depositions taken from all involved for my civil case revealed for me a theory of what had ultimately transpired. I believe the teller who began all of this, a portly, unkempt young man, was who the women heard. Knowing he would be fired, he began telling stories. Challenged by his boss to put up or get fired, he started the ball rolling.
Two years later the case was finally dismissed and neither I nor the complaining witness were ever allowed to testify under oath in court.
That took guts to stand up, they usually win by wearing people down or intimidating people.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25895 Jul 19, 2013
Really Doug wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from someone who is proficient as a failure in life, I must say you are the expert and we should perhaps yield you some credit due to the immense amount of failure you've experienced in life, especially when it comes to managing your anger.
http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/Clerk/ecms/r...
Hide as you may, the facts remain.

Ask the union to address this issue during negotiation and then see how their pay looks.

8th Grade 2011-2012 Ohio Achievement Assessment Tests Results.
Math .......50 possible points on the test
State Rating System and distribution of students for the 8th grade
Limited.......... 3 Students
Limited.......... 20% was the Average score for this group
Limited..........definition--0 -10 correct answers =(0-20% correct)
Basic..........25 Students
Basic ..........27% was the Average score for this group
Basic..........definition--11- 15 correct answers =(22-30% correct)
Proficient........174 Students
Proficient........47% was the Average score for this group
Proficient.........definition- -16-29 correct answers =(32-58% correct)
Accelerated.....159 Students
Accelerated.....67% was the Average score for this group
Accelerated.....definition--30 -36 correct answers =(60-72% correct)
Advanced........77 Students
Advanced........85% was the Average score for this group
Advanced........definition--37 -50 correct answers =(74-100% correct)
Applying Mr. Malone's same grading system used for assigning percentages to grades earned in the college credit program (PSEO)
F.....Below 62.99% correct answers.......239 Students
Percentage of Students.....55% receiving F
D..... 63%- 74.99% correct answers......108 Students
Percentage of Students.....25% receiving D
C......75%- 84.99% correct answers........49 Students
Percentage of Students.....11% receiving C
B..... 85%- 92.99% correct answers........36 Students
Percentage of Students.....8% receiving B
A..... 93% correct answers and above.....6 Students
Percentage of Students.....1% receiving A
Is this the level of achievement to which we wish to aspire in Springboro?
Is this the best we are capable of given our resources?
Should we continue to allow the schools and the state to hide behind euphemisms rather than actual achievement?
Demand better, our children and taxpayers deserve a real return on our investment in our schools.
Stand Up For Kids

Cincinnati, OH

#25896 Jul 19, 2013
Just Laughing wrote:
<quoted text>Spoken like a true BOE wanna be.
SOS to SEA -- Why would any responsible citizen vote for school renewal levy in November, if there are no "grown-up" school board candidates on the ballot?
It is true that your re-instate Malone Vote for Revenge kids could win the battle for old man malone at the polls, but lose the SEA war of fighting the uphill battle for passing the Renewal Levy. Taxpayers know the school district has the money for a quality classroom education with no renewal levy passing at all -- only the SEA teachers will not get their money if it simply isn't there. It could be that Springboro homeowners will be Just Laughing all the way to the bank in November, while Principal Ron and his Kids of Unionism are left crying at the polls.
The times they are a changing, Mr. Malone, we aren't in the year 2000 any more. And neither do educatinal trends of the 21st century FIT in the year 2000 trends.
bodhisattva

Cleveland, OH

#25897 Jul 19, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
<quoted text>
This is absolutely true. Over the past few years Springboro Schools thanks to hard work from the BOE and cooperation with the administration has come light years from being mired in red ink, to now having a relatively solid financial outlook. During this period our children have "suffered" nary an iota, despite a constant outcry from a SEA-sponsored peanut gallery.

If we as a community choose to elect free-spending liberals onto the school board, we run a real risk of a return of the type of inept fiscal irresponsibility that plagued district taxpayers during the especially manipulative era of Baker Detwiler Colston Kruse and Thomsen.
Mind Is Made Up

Englewood, OH

#25898 Jul 19, 2013
I am voting for Ron Malone and David Bowman in November. Already signed both their petitions. I've had enough of Kelly Kohls.
the rest of the story

Cleveland, OH

#25899 Jul 19, 2013
Brain Drain Alert wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey all you Springboro Professional Educators.... here's a testimonial of the highly over-priced "educational product" of our
excellent with distinction Springboro schools! What a joke is Mr. Malone's influence on his special kids of unionism indoctrination!
Taxpayers Need to Get a Great Big Sign and Post PRICE REDUCED on our Springboro Schools Superintendent's office door! Why wait till November?
What is "Excellent with Distinction"?
This is a cruel, manipulative parlor game administrators and teachers play with schoolchildren in order to garner "the most state dollars".

"Hey! Kids! Have perfect attendence, and score really good grades on these tests, and Springboro Schools will retain the state of Ohio status of EXCELLENT WITH DISTINCTION for yet another year!"

(now for the "rest of the story" that almost no one ever gets to hear)
"Uh, kids?... Never mind the state of Ohio keeps lowering the bar of expectations!"
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25900 Jul 19, 2013
Mind Is Made Up wrote:
I am voting for Ron Malone and David Bowman in November. Already signed both their petitions. I've had enough of Kelly Kohls.
Good for you.

What particular part of their platform do you admire the most?
Twp resident

Cleveland, OH

#25901 Jul 19, 2013
Mind Is Made Up wrote:
Without a doubt David Bowman should have been a right hand guy in Obama's administration.
Bowman is a man who writes and speaks SO eloquently, but communicates next to nothing that is of practical use.
Dollars and Sense

Cincinnati, OH

#25902 Jul 19, 2013
If Only wrote:
<quoted text>
If only an equitable intelligence system would rid us of the small but very notorious contingent of township residents such as yourself that are sub-par in terms of common sense...
And would that "equitable intelligence system" be the threesome of Malone/Stuckey/Bowman to cleanse the non-union notorious contingent of township residents, who recently had the common sense to just say No Way in May to the Malone/Bowman/Maney promotion of a CCFD 93% fire levy increase, making Township residents the highest taxed of all?
No Doubt

Englewood, OH

#25903 Jul 19, 2013
Twp resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Without a doubt David Bowman should have been a right hand guy in Obama's administration.
Bowman is a man who writes and speaks SO eloquently, but communicates next to nothing that is of practical use.
No doubt the world would certainly be a much better place without conservatives.....
Swing Low Sweet Chariot

Cincinnati, OH

#25904 Jul 19, 2013
Twp resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Bowman waves his victim project banner high loudly proclaiming the teachers union creed: "There is nothing sweeter than to be sympathized with!" Nobody but Bowman done knows them sacrifices that been made by them union teachers in every classroom.
Tee Hee Hee

Cincinnati, OH

#25905 Jul 19, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt the world would certainly be a much better place without conservatives.....
Without conservatives, who would you liberal free-loading union scumbags politically persecute and badge and bum and emotionally
blackmail for more money to pay public school teachers to dumb down and lower the bar on your rich kids education?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Well Well 20,700
My friends, we and President Tump... Sat The Old Cold Warrior 1
Ladies, here is your romantic chance! Dec 2 Literature Lover 7
"Trump-hating deranged will not change" Dec 1 AmericanWoman 3
M4M tugfest for the Duke Nov 30 nibbles 1
621 Upland Cir West Carrollton Nov 30 CobraCommander 4
News Ex-Lebanon Correctional officers indicted in st... (Sep '13) Nov 30 robertgehm 19

Springboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springboro Mortgages