Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments (Page 1,253)

Showing posts 25,041 - 25,060 of31,000
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
hypocrite bowman go away

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25508
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bowman has his panties uncomfortably stuck up into his crack over religion's involvement in Boro's summer Constitution, yet we don't hear word one from him about weekly church services that regularly meet in other publicly-funded facilities in our district known as Jonathan Wright and Five Points Elementary.
cowboy

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25509
Jul 2, 2013
 
Just Watching wrote:
Kelly Kohls is as shameful an excuse for a BOE president that we'll likely ever see in this community. Come November, it is time for her to go!
whatever you say, mr babbs.
Lurker

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25510
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

These churches aren't sponsored by the Board of Eduction and pay rent to use the facilities.
hypocrite bowman go away wrote:
Bowman has his panties uncomfortably stuck up into his crack over religion's involvement in Boro's summer Constitution, yet we don't hear word one from him about weekly church services that regularly meet in other publicly-funded facilities in our district known as Jonathan Wright and Five Points Elementary.
sheep

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25511
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

No one on this blog has commented on the recent decision by the SERB Board that found probable cause to investigate the unfair labor practice filed against the BOE. Wonder why? Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.....

But I still do believe in the premise "innocent until proven guilty". So we will see where this goes. Unfortunately, if anything dopes happen, it is typically a slap on the wrist.
Waste Watchers

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25512
Jul 2, 2013
 
sheep wrote:
No one on this blog has commented on the recent decision by the SERB Board that found probable cause to investigate the unfair labor practice filed against the BOE. Wonder why? Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.....
But I still do believe in the premise "innocent until proven guilty". So we will see where this goes. Unfortunately, if anything dopes happen, it is typically a slap on the wrist.
Everyone reading this blog now knows that these continuous streams of unfair labor practice "fake crisis" law suits are the evil needed by the greedy lawyers to continuously fatten their wallets with our school tax dollars. Just business as usual; status quo slap on the wrist, then on to the creation of another fake crisis as the victim project goes on and on.....
Only way to stop this waste of our money is just say NO to all new taxes on the November ballot. When the union has no new money, then the union will have no new fake law suits.
hypocrite bowman go away

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25513
Jul 2, 2013
 
Lurker wrote:
These churches aren't sponsored by the Board of Eduction and pay rent to use the facilities.
<quoted text>
Nonetheless, these two churches are non-secular institutions which utilize space bought and paid for by Springboro and Clearcreek Twp taxpayer dollars. Rent paid or not, BOE sponsorship or not, if Bowman isn't a patented hypocrite, he would have begun raising hell at the time either one or both of these churches opened!

Imagine this not-so-impossible hypothetical...

Springboro's school board of the future is dominated with union-lovers the likes of Don Miller, Lisa Babb and David Bowman.
What sort of optional summer classes would you suppose liberals such as this would support?
Studies into the 21st Century Triumph of Gay Marriage?
How to Murder your Fetus 101 ?
Good News

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25514
Jul 2, 2013
 
Quiet Teacher wrote:
Although I would love to comment on the recent teacher complaint, I will not.
As a Boro HS teacher with more than 15 years of experience, I fully support the School Board and in private, most of the teachers do as well.
A few teachers are attempting to hijack the District for selfish economic gain. We do not need another levy.
Renewal Levy with no new taxes and no holding parents hostage over things like busing and activities fees!
Rarely do we see elected officials get to work, doing what's right for our schools and community,just like they said they would put our children first if elected! But now it is proven that Mrs. Kohls, Mr.Rigano, and Mr.Petroni are among those rare elected officials who actually practice responsible spending, getting better each year in keeping Springboro both safe and affordable and a great place to live, work, learn and play sports!

Springboro Board of Education Votes in Favor of $9.2 Million Levy for Fall Ballot

Springboro, Ohio (June 20, 2013)—At yesterday evening’s meeting, the Springboro Community City Schools Board of Education (BOE) voted in favor of placing a $9.2 million levy on the November ballot, according to Kelly Kohls, board president.

“We want to underscore that this is a renewal levy, and we are not asking for new money. As a result, taxes will not be raised for residents,” said Kohls.“The renewal is necessary to continue to fund the academic programs that have helped our school district achieve an Excellent with Distinction rating. We are committed to operating the district within the budget that Springboro taxpayers have approved. With the renewal levy, the board believes the district will be sustainable until 2017.”

This renewal levy announcement comes while negotiations are in progress between the Springboro BOE and the Springboro Education Association (SEA), the union representing the teachers and support staff employees.

“The board and administration have worked diligently together to manage the budget,” Kohls added.“By applying fiscally prudent measures across the school district, we have been able to reinstate textbook purchasing, technology upgrades, bus replacements and facility improvements. We have also provided necessary intervention at the elementary grade level, as well as enhanced services for gifted children.”

For more information, visit www.springboro.org .
Another Question

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25515
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lurker wrote:
These churches aren't sponsored by the Board of Eduction and pay rent to use the facilities.
<quoted text>
So if the constitution classes pay rent and somebody else sponsors them, that would be cool?
Question Policy

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25516
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Another Question wrote:
<quoted text>
So if the constitution classes pay rent and somebody else sponsors them, that would be cool?
At least there would be an attempt for the board to follow their own policy. Rent would be negotiated by the supr or designee and the board would then have to vote on it.
Too Many Rules

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25517
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

hypocrite bowman go away wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonetheless, these two churches are non-secular institutions which utilize space bought and paid for by Springboro and Clearcreek Twp taxpayer dollars. Rent paid or not, BOE sponsorship or not, if Bowman isn't a patented hypocrite, he would have begun raising hell at the time either one or both of these churches opened!
Imagine this not-so-impossible hypothetical...
Springboro's school board of the future is dominated with union-lovers the likes of Don Miller, Lisa Babb and David Bowman.
What sort of optional summer classes would you suppose liberals such as this would support?
Studies into the 21st Century Triumph of Gay Marriage?
How to Murder your Fetus 101 ?
Too Many Wrong Rules in Government Public Schools for Christians to argue their God-given rights in the secular world of man-made rules. We are taught to obey the authority of man made laws
until they oppose God's laws.

Thomas Jefferson wrote extensively on oppression, liberty, revolution and the necessary limits of government, saying in his notes on the State of Virginia (1785):
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

Since our public schools are now "picking my pocket and costing me an arm and a leg to support highly paid union teachers in every classroom, and then have their students standing up in taxpayers face and testifying "God has no place in this country".....
isn't it time that Christians responded by saying "neither does my money have a place in your teaching?
Every parent should have the choice of schools to "put their money where their mouth is" and invest their school tax money in a classroom education which "teaches for eternity" and not just to pass the Ohio graduation test.
Why can't an affluent community like Springboro provide a choice of classroom education, instead of forced unionism schools?
sheep

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25518
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Waste Watchers wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone reading this blog now knows that these continuous streams of unfair labor practice "fake crisis" law suits are the evil needed by the greedy lawyers to continuously fatten their wallets with our school tax dollars. Just business as usual; status quo slap on the wrist, then on to the creation of another fake crisis as the victim project goes on and on.....
Only way to stop this waste of our money is just say NO to all new taxes on the November ballot. When the union has no new money, then the union will have no new fake law suits.
Must not be "fake crisis" law suits if there was probably cause to investigate.
Waste Watchers

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25519
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

sheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Must not be "fake crisis" law suits if there was probably cause to investigate.
Fake crisis creates probable cause to investigate resulting in wasted tax dollars for the lawyers to investigate finding out that the law suit was just a needed slap on the rest.
Just another reason to throw union politics out of our kid's classrooms and hire teachers who want the right to work in our great schools, providing job security, good wages and benfits. Anybody following after the union masters heard anything about their negotiations meeting?
Let us know IF the union is leaaving our district to get big paying jobs in other school districts and we will all tie red, white, and blue ribbons around our school yard trees!
God Bless America!
Avrey

Longmeadow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25520
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Waste Watchers wrote:
<quoted text>
Fake crisis creates probable cause to investigate resulting in wasted tax dollars for the lawyers to investigate finding out that the law suit was just a needed slap on the rest.
Just another reason to throw union politics out of our kid's classrooms and hire teachers who want the right to work in our great schools, providing job security, good wages and benfits. Anybody following after the union masters heard anything about their negotiations meeting?
Let us know IF the union is leaaving our district to get big paying jobs in other school districts and we will all tie red, white, and blue ribbons around our school yard trees!
God Bless America!
Leon Harrison is a criminal:
http://www.topix.com/search/article...
Waste Watchers

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25521
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Too Many Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Too Many Wrong Rules in Government Public Schools for Christians to argue their God-given rights in the secular world of man-made rules. We are taught to obey the authority of man made laws
until they oppose God's laws.
Thomas Jefferson wrote extensively on oppression, liberty, revolution and the necessary limits of government, saying in his notes on the State of Virginia (1785):
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Since our public schools are now "picking my pocket and costing me an arm and a leg to support highly paid union teachers in every classroom, and then have their students standing up in taxpayers face and testifying "God has no place in this country".....
isn't it time that Christians responded by saying "neither does my money have a place in your teaching?
Every parent should have the choice of schools to "put their money where their mouth is" and invest their school tax money in a classroom education which "teaches for eternity" and not just to pass the Ohio graduation test.
Why can't an affluent community like Springboro provide a choice of classroom education, instead of forced unionism schools?
Another Big Waste of our School Tax Dollars! Like paying to defend ourselves against those rules against giving God a nod in our forced unionism public schools. Like all those legal fees the taxpayers have to pay to protect our board representatives from the big union labor lawyers. But our School Board Members refused to vote to invest $15,000 in a charter school study that could have proven beneficial to students' individual educational achievement. Springboro parents Lisa Babb and David Bowman joined with Don Miller to declare this proposed study would put the Springboro community food bank at risk, if there were educational classes taught in the JW elementary school building, causing the community center to vacate our taxpayer funded school facility. ocate.
Waste Watchers

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25522
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Fake crisis creates probable cause to investigate resulting in wasted tax dollars for the lawyers to investigate finding out that the law suit was just a needed slap on the rest.
Just another reason to throw union politics out of our kid's classrooms and hire teachers who want the right to work in our great schools, providing job security, good wages and benfits. Anybody following after the union masters heard anything about their negotiations meeting?
Let us know IF the union is leaaving our district to get big paying jobs in other school districts and we will all tie red, white, and blue ribbons around our school yard trees!
God Bless America!
Twp resident

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25523
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

hypocrite bowman go away wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine this not-so-impossible hypothetical...
Springboro's school board of the future is dominated with union-lovers the likes of Don Miller, Lisa Babb and David Bowman.
What sort of optional summer classes would you suppose liberals such as this would support?
Studies into the 21st Century Triumph of Gay Marriage?
How to Murder your Fetus 101 ?
This hypothetical is irrelevant. Miller Babb and Bowman aren't needed to help legitimize gay marriage or abortion. These liberal agendas are already being subtly introduced to jr high & high school students during the regular school year by a certain set of Boro teachers.
Truth Be Told

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25524
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Sickening wrote:
<quoted text>
Students went home and told their parents they were made to skip class and go to parts of the HS building and clap for their HS Principal they did not have a choice they were forced. So stopping education to praise a retiree- do they do this for all retirees?
This education system has held up false gods and forced children to praise them.
Maybe this should be the new Controversial Topic. Praising false gods is a sin.
Students were also forced to write letters of appreciation to district employees for appreciation day.
Indoctrination exists inside our schools.
Most likely the students were captive to the indoctrination of "suggestions" by authority figures and did not have
the maturity to say No, thank you, I really don't have praise to offer and I don't want to sign my name to a letter of praise.
Indoctrination intimidates people to confirm their thinking to the value system of the authority figure.
This is why authority figures like teachers say "we aren't telling students WHAT to think" we are just teaching them HOW to think about the values of praise and appreciation.
Is the practice of elementary teachers instructing each student to write a valentine card for each class mate, instead of allowing the freedom of the old fashioned way -- choosing that special boy or girl to give a "be my valentine" card?"
reality

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25525
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Truth Be Told wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why authority figures like teachers say "we aren't telling students WHAT to think" we are just teaching them HOW to think about the values of praise and appreciation.
Is the practice of elementary teachers instructing each student to write a valentine card for each class mate, instead of allowing the freedom of the old fashioned way -- choosing that special boy or girl to give a "be my valentine" card?"
Yeah, this really makes you want to barf, doesn't it? In today's 21st century classroom environment, each and every student is made to be treated perfectly equal - all in the name of preventing "bullying". Of course, no one in their right mind would condone any student getting taken advantage of, either physically or psychologically. At the same time, it is our human nature to be competitive with each other. Today's teachers are being indoctrinated by their respective unions to take virtually every aspect of competition out of the classroom and the schoolyard in order to quelch what they perceive to be "bullying". Unbelievably, many Y-sponsored sports programs are becoming this way as well, as their distinct policies are not to keep score during games. Guess what, coach.....in life, you will either win or you will lose. No, son, you WON'T necessarily get the (valentine) girl of your dreams!

We are CHEATING our kids if we instruct them any differently!
Stand Up For Kids

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25526
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Stand Up For Kids wrote:
Nearly two years ago, the Ohio State Board of Education adopted the Obama administration’s educational program of Common Core only 16 days after it was announced. There was no time for evaluation of the standards by those most closely connected to student learning – parents and local teachers.
Now we are seeing the problems inherent in Common Core as a top-down bureaucratic system. Common Core’s one-size-fits-all standards have not sufficiently been proven to work, turning our students into lab rats for federal experimentation. Furthermore, these untested standards are expected to cost Ohio taxpayers multi-millions of dollars to implement at a time when families are already struggling to get by.
Among other costs, Ohio taxpayers will be stuck with the bill for new libraries and equipment. Because Common Core requires standardized tests, schools face the burden of buying additional computers and updating textbooks to comply with this regulation.
And it’s not just the costs! Inherent to Common Core is massive intrusive data collection. Additionally, because of the push to standardize many exams, including some that private and homeschool children take, even privately educated students have reason to be concerned.
Contact your legislators and ask them to repeal Common Core! Every student is unique. It’s simply naïve for bureaucrats to assume all children and classrooms must fit into the same mold. Instead of all the red tape, schools need to hold teachers accountable for their classrooms and allow parents to choose what institution is best for their child. Parents and teachers, who are daily involved with our children, know what individual students need to succeed and how best to reach the goal of a quality education.
For the good of our students, every concerned Ohio citizen should speak out now on the importance of repealing Common Core standards and returning education decisions to the local level where they belong. Make sure everyone you know knows the facts about Common Core. Help us take a stand against education bureaucracy!
How fortunate are we in Springboro to have a school board president who not only teaches the philisophy of standing up for our kids first, but actually takes action to stand up for kids best interest and our classroom teachers.
Special thanks should be given to Kelly Kohls for bringing this
to board members attention and recommending that implementation of common core be "slowed down" until the school district leaders
could gather more information, to the benefit of our making sure that our parents know the facts about common core.
sheep

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25527
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Waste Watchers wrote:
<quoted text>
Fake crisis creates probable cause to investigate resulting in wasted tax dollars for the lawyers to investigate finding out that the law suit was just a needed slap on the rest.
Just another reason to throw union politics out of our kid's classrooms and hire teachers who want the right to work in our great schools, providing job security, good wages and benfits. Anybody following after the union masters heard anything about their negotiations meeting?
Let us know IF the union is leaaving our district to get big paying jobs in other school districts and we will all tie red, white, and blue ribbons around our school yard trees!
God Bless America!
So, just because the penalty for their actions might result in a "slap on the wrist", means that is license for the BOE to conduct themselves that is counter to state law? That's logical.

And yes, to answer your question, seems to me that teachers and administrators are leaving the district in droves. Better get ready to buy a ribbon....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 25,041 - 25,060 of31,000
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springboro Discussions

Search the Springboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 28 min toomanymistakes 18,493
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 7 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 28,457
The White House has its eye on Dayton 8 hr The Duke of Hazard 1
'80s Burger King drag racing 11 hr thetallcoolone 1
Why can't we post photos any more? 18 hr The Hack Checker 1
17-year-old boy indicted for knock-out game Wed The Hack Checker 1
Angela Robinson Wed Long time 1
•••
•••
•••
Springboro Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Springboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••