Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,302

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Well Duh

Piqua, OH

#25449 Jun 28, 2013
sheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the link. I took your advise and found that in section 121.22 of the Ohio Revised Code, it states that a subcommittee of an elected body, does constitute a body that is subject to the Open Meetings Act. If, say for example, Mr.s Rigano and Petroni are members of a BOE subcommittee, and they meet "in a basement" and discuss official school district business, they would be violating the Open Meetings Act, would they not?
OK! sounds like a fun game that all kids enjoy!

First, IF the "suspects" ARE members of a BOE subcommittee,
let's shine some light on that and expose the name of the subcommittee. sheep, can you be in charge and IDENTIFY that subcommittee....

Next, now pay attention sheep... IF they meet "in a basement" can you reveal the location of that basement?

Now, sheep, about that "discussing official school district business"..... with your top secret clearance and super spy tool box of snoopiness, how do you plan to get into this secret meeting and get a record of this violating business going on "in the basement" so that you can present your proof? That's always important when charges are being made that laws are being
violated. Let's say you are opening the "case" of violating the law. What would be your opening argument of wrong doing?

Would YOU classify this official school district business as
top secret? certified? classified? verified? nullified? mortified? simplified... or just plain none of your business?
Twp resident

Girard, OH

#25450 Jun 28, 2013
questions more questions wrote:
<con sti tu tion wrote: Just be glad Don Miller has been able to improve his speech enunciation to a level at which spoken four-syllable words he may utter are more ascertainable for his audience.>>>> >>>>
and Listen Up followed up with <<<<Now all he needs to do is listen to opinions of others, and figure out the difference between his one-sided hypocritical thinking and the critical thinking on various issues, all at the same time, without feeling threatened that he is loosing his own voice on principles for which he stands.>>>>> >>>>>>>
Unbelievable !!! no actually in this day and age it is sadly to believable. Why the personal attacks on Mr. Miller? For many months many of you took the low road and made personal attacks that all he did was sleep through the meetings. Now he speaks and is engaged in the meetings and you attack him for that. Talk about hypocritical. Nobody should dare to personally attack the people you agree with yet you do the exact same thing to those you disagree with. Seems to me that both sides have studied Saul Alinsky a little too much.
If Don Miller is "engaged" with anything at board meetings, he's "engaged" with Babb and Maney's respective candid agendas that Springboro administrators teachers and staff, by virtue of their mere existence, deserve carte blanche every entitlement under the sun.
Donald Carter

Stowe, VT

#25451 Jun 28, 2013
So you mean Leon Harrison is a rapist?
The Next Day

Amelia, OH

#25452 Jun 28, 2013
sheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the link. I took your advise and found that in section 121.22 of the Ohio Revised Code, it states that a subcommittee of an elected body, does constitute a body that is subject to the Open Meetings Act. If, say for example, Mr.s Rigano and Petroni are members of a BOE subcommittee, and they meet "in a basement" and discuss official school district business, they would be violating the Open Meetings Act, would they not?
Interesting... I don't think this is the first time a subgroup of the BOE has done something rogue possibly in violation of the rules.

Thanks for summarizing the information. I hadn't had a chance to read the information yet.

I'd like to state something else for many of the posters on here, just because someone doesn't support Kohls, Petroni and Rigano, doesn't mean they are a lock-step supporter of the union. The world isn't black and white though I know many of you want it to be because it makes things a lot easier.
questions more questions

Franklin, OH

#25453 Jun 28, 2013
sheep wrote:
<quoted text>
your welcome for the links. Glad to help out.

for your example ,well it depends, your example is too vague. If you read all of the rules on how subcommittees are set up and when the rules apply and then read what actually constitutes a meeting it still depends. For example did the board majority in formal meeting (meeting as defined under the ORC and sunshine laws) set up a sub committee of 3 (three because then two members would constitute a majority) to have meetings to propose something for action to be taken under the defined function of the subcommittee. Being on one or several subcommittees may or may not matter. an example being two members of a three member duly formed subcommittee for purchase of books could meet with people and discuss everything but books.

a more generic example: lets say a majority of the board in a meeting (as legally defined) set up a subcommittee of three to look into the purchase of widgets. There is a formal record in the meeting minutes and available to the public describing the subcommittee for widgets and persons named. The way I understand it Two members of the subcommittee cannot get together and discuss widgets even with a group of constituents and deliberate and come to a decision on formal action without falling under the sunshine laws. Because they are discussing widgets which falls under the prview of the subcommittee . There are also exceptions for whats termed hallway casual discussions.

Lets say two members of the widget sub committee are in a social setting: lets use your example of in someones basement and someone brings up gadgets and they discuss gadgets. They can discuss gadgets because they are on the widget sub committee. One member may or may not be on the gadget committee. As long as two gadget sub committee members are not in attendance there is no legal meeting by definition. It is not considered a meeting of the widget subcommittee under the law and not subject to the open records rules as I read the rules. There are many nuances plus court rulings to consider. In some of the cases what one would think is obviously a meeting actually was ruled not an official meeting and not subject to sunshine.

I think the defining section is if the actual discussion is germain to the sub committees function.

as an aside:
Every person needs to remember Contract time is tough for any entity. Be it schools or corporations. Tempers run high on both sides. It all boils down to the same problem be it public or private: employees want more, employers want to pay less than employees want.
questions more questions

Franklin, OH

#25454 Jun 28, 2013
Twp resident wrote:
<quoted text>
If Don Miller is "engaged" with anything at board meetings, he's "engaged" with Babb and Maney's respective candid agendas that Springboro administrators teachers and staff, by virtue of their mere existence, deserve carte blanche every entitlement under the sun.
In other words you agree with my post that if you agree with someones views, politics etc. you do not want personal attacks. If you disagree with a persona vies, politics etc attack attack attack.

Usually it takes several posts before someone proves my hypocrisy claim..amazing how fast this happened.
questions more questions

Franklin, OH

#25455 Jun 28, 2013
sorry for typos.

It should have read

In other words you agree with my post that if you agree with someones views, politics etc. you do not want personal attacks. If you disagree with a persons views, politics etc. attack attack attack. Usually it takes several posts before someone proves my hypocrisy claim..amazing how fast this happened.
questions more questions

Franklin, OH

#25456 Jun 28, 2013
25000 posts amazing!
Twp resident

Girard, OH

#25457 Jun 28, 2013
<quoted text>
In other words you agree with my post that if you agree with someones views, politics etc. you do not want personal attacks. If you disagree with a persona vies, politics etc attack attack attack.
Usually it takes several posts before someone proves my hypocrisy claim..amazing how fast this happened.
Check with Don Miller. Maybe you can hire a reading comprehension tutor at the same place he goes to for speech.
Which One

Piqua, OH

#25458 Jun 28, 2013
25000 posts amazing!
but which came first, the chicken or the egg?
questions more questions

Franklin, OH

#25459 Jun 28, 2013
Twp resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Check with Don Miller. Maybe you can hire a reading comprehension tutor at the same place he goes to for speech.
whooooosh!

Must be drafty where you are.

Funny reading comprehension!!!!!!!!!Your post was easy to read and comprehend. You attacked Miller once again.. AS I pointed out in my post, typical hypocrite behavior.

whooooosh!
questions more questions

Franklin, OH

#25460 Jun 28, 2013
Twp resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot to add this at the end of my previous post:
Thanks for Playing! Have a great weekend!
lol

Piqua, OH

#25461 Jun 28, 2013
<quoted text>
whooooosh!
Must be drafty where you are.
Funny reading comprehension!!!!!!!!!Your post was easy to read and comprehend. You attacked Miller once again.. AS I pointed out in my post, typical hypocrite behavior.
whooooosh!
lol!!!!!!!!!! Not very clever on miller's behalf of being attacked, just more typical hypocritical more hypocritical thinking for sure.
Which One

Piqua, OH

#25462 Jun 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Forgot to add this at the end of my previous post:
Thanks for Playing! Have a great weekend!
One more question. did you forget to answer which one
came first the chicken or the egg?
Priority News

Piqua, OH

#25463 Jun 28, 2013
malone again naturally wrote:
<quoted text>
If the teacher representation within last night's board meeting is a balanced cross section of all of Springboro schools, then most certainly this district's student population is direly in need of much more positive teacher role models.
I say let 'em walk!
"The students in this community deserve a safe, inviting and challenging learning environment. I intend to make sure that is provided regardless of the outcome of our current negotiations."
Springboro school officials plan to ensure that the district remains open, regardless of whether the Springboro Education Association files a 10-day strike notice, according to superintendent Todd Petrey in the May 30 Springboro Sun.
"Unless I am instructed otherwise...I will proceed with an agressive and proactive contingency plan to ensure that Springboro Schools remain open."

Now that the classifed union school employees have reached an agreement, we can feel confident that our children's best interest will be served with bus transportation, food services, and many other support services that make our children's classroom education safe and comfortable. Our classified union and our board are to be commended for all their hard work and extra time invested in the negotiations process doing what's good for our school children and community.
Janet Harrison Carney

Stowe, VT

#25464 Jun 28, 2013
Boooooooooooofukinwhooooooooo, Leon hates Jew, black and everything whack. Leon Harrison smokes crack as a matter of fact because it is good for his heart problem. I love my brother Leon Harrison, we have sexy time daily... Ou son looks like his daddy/uncle.
Questions More Questions

Piqua, OH

#25465 Jun 29, 2013
Tell the Truth wrote:
If you ever want to know what the Clearcreek Firefighters do, then you need to watch them slide down a flight of steps at station 22 on East Lytle Road, while riding a backboard, an EMS device to immobilize patients. This was captured on video and they posted it on You Tube!
Copy and paste...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1r9Q0rm0IbcXX
Shouldn't the Clearcreek Firefighters, for safety reasons,
reminded folks "don't try this at home?"
Questions More Questions

Piqua, OH

#25466 Jun 29, 2013
No Fire Levy In November wrote:
Here is what the Firefighters’ Union stands for:
http://www.firefightersforobama.com/index.cfm ...
Keep Watching - Stand Strong - Speak Up For Responsible
Spending in Local Government!
Send A Message To Clearcreek Township Trustees, Mr. Wade and Mr. Gabbard, to join with Trustee Mrs. Anspach and Just Say No to Mr. Kidd's request for an Additional Fire Levy on the ballot in November 2013. No New Money Needed for the CCFD! So, Why the deceit?
So, why the deceit? Just say No to additional fire levy taxes and No to tax and spend lovers in local government leadership.
questions more questions

Franklin, OH

#25467 Jun 29, 2013
Which One wrote:
<quoted text>
One more question. did you forget to answer which one
came first the chicken or the egg?
I guess I did forget to answer your fine question about the chicken or the egg. I was more concerned with "Why did the chicken cross the road? "
questions more questions

Franklin, OH

#25468 Jun 29, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!!!!!!!!!! Not very clever on miller's behalf of being attacked, just more typical hypocritical more hypocritical thinking for sure.
ding ding ding ding ding..winner winner chicken dinner!!! that was the whole point of why I responded that way. I am very glad you caught it.. You may pass go and collect 200 dollars.
Enjoy your weekend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Test (Oct '10) 6 hr The Duke of Hazard 3
Leon Harrison brand urinal cakes (Jul '13) 6 hr The Duke of Hazard 20
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr UnderstandPeople 19,376
How much will Jeff Fowle's taxi ride cost us? 9 hr The Old Cold Warrior 2
Dayton-area defense firm fighting to keep $80M ... 9 hr The Old Cold Warrior 1
looking for a text buddy (Nov '12) 14 hr David 55
Where's all the old threads? Mon The Duke of Hazard 2
Springboro Dating
Find my Match

Springboro Jobs

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro

Personal Finance