Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments
24,561 - 24,580 of 31,141 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago
YES WE CAN

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25012
Jun 1, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Open Springboro wrote:
<quoted text>
You're calling it like I see it, Phil. OEA vs Tea Party. And to be honest, I wouldn't have a problem with that if we weren't involved with a winner takes all death match. The proposed changes I see coming from the Board are quite radical, and that is where my frustration lies, not at the fact that someone is proposing radical change, but that we only have one open to choose from. Why isn't it possible for someone from the community to propose a radical change like open government?
Here's a piece I had published in the Huffington Post. I wrote it to appeal to their readership, but I would much rather have an open conversation where we can pick and choose the changes we want, and of course provide a few changes of our own. From what I read in researching this piece, there's a lot of options to explore with the "smaller schools" movement, but not when it's being guided by a profit motive. The conversation needs to be open to the community, or else were just going to end up with a new group of people trying to get their pet projects passed with taxpayer support.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news-genius/new...
...pick and choose the changes WE want...?

Springboro Parents and taxpaying homeowners have already chosen the change from status quo OEA indoctrination to our new philosophy of our reform-minded Children First Budgeting BOE majority members. Springboro parents including Lisa Babb, David Bowman, and Christopher Ritter just refuse to accept the "will of the people" as voiced in the November 2011 free election. Lisa Babb and her Babb for Boro campaign supporters have continued
their campaign of personal destruction against our elected officials with whom they disagree with spending our school tax dollars on our children first. The OEA/SEA does NOT own our Springboro children and the OEA/SEA does NOT own Springboro homeowners "open wallets" to "pick and choose" what it is
that the union masters WANT to increase the OEA membership of teachers in Ohio (earning big salaries and paying BIG union dues to further advance the big labor union's liberal political agenda).
YES WE CAN JUST SAY NO TO OEA INDOCTRINATION!

“Civic Innovation Designer”

Since: Mar 11

Springboro, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25014
Jun 1, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

YES WE CAN wrote:
<quoted text>
...pick and choose the changes WE want...?
Springboro Parents and taxpaying homeowners have already chosen the change from status quo OEA indoctrination to our new philosophy of our reform-minded Children First Budgeting BOE majority members.
When I first heard the debate on Fox News about the rise of women as the primary bread winners, I wasn't surprised to hear them talking about the "science of male dominance," and the negative impact these changes will have on traditional marriages, I thought of all the other seemingly impossible debates that have since been turned into actual legislation, including climate denial, creationism, and guns in schools. How would any of these ridiculous subjects actually make it on to the agenda of our school board?

The answer is money. People get paid to sit down with our elected leaders in order to construct legislation for the benefit of wealthy individuals whose only interest is in their profit margin. Think tanks are tapped to devise crafty slogans and talking points which they spread across the blogosphere and hold meetups to indoctrinate frustrated citizens into their radicalized agenda.

While at first, I thought all of this was Big Government Big Business in action on the national level, but lately I have seen these same frustrated citizens in our local community spreading their radicalized agenda to the detriment of our school system. That is the influence which outside money has on our local politics, whereby a private billionaire not only has the means of affording his own personal legislator, but access to a digital network which divides local communities, drives away those who dislike partisan politics, and emboldening disgruntled residents to make choices that harm their futures and the futures of the their communities.

Welcome to the new Kingdom of Serfdom, where the Kings whom our Founding Fathers deposed have risen once again to claim their rights to our public lands. You may believe that their kingdoms provide such wealth and bounty directly from the hand of God, but we the people know our Democratic Republic is under threat from more wealth than any kings from ages past could hope to acquire.

What we don't know is that Open Government takes back the power of governance from our Corporate Kings and places it back in the hands of the people, to like or dislike, or recommend proposals that we can all discuss and share. This is the new model of Democracy in America, whether your Corporate Sponsors like it or not.
Just Watching

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25015
Jun 1, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

And now back on topic

From a newspaper article regarding the implications for teachers that were on strike in Strongsville.

"The teachers have until May 7 to sign up for COBRA if they want coverage, according to the school district. But under COBRA rules, to join now, the teachers would also have to pay retroactive premiums for March and April.

The cost for COBRA coverage is about $1,670 per month for a family.

The looming financial impact has led to widespread speculation that some teachers will cross the picket line and return to work "

Interesting article regarding problems with striking if the other side does not back down soon enough.

The teacher's have voted to authorize the OEA to strike whenever they see fit.

The OEA will not be the ones going without insurance, or making the $1670 per month payment, or making the retroactive two months payments of $3540 to get current. All told that would be $5210 paid out when the teachers are not collecting a paycheck.

No worries, the OEA will tell you it will all be worth it in the end. The OEA does not feel your pain, they continue to get paid, continue to enjoy insurance coverage, and return home each night secure knowing you are fighting the good fight for their sake.

One simply needs to ask an Armco employee how their year long strike worked out for them.

Did they get enough to make up for the lost wages, the lack of insurance coverage, the financial strain and uncertainty, the humiliation of walking a picket line day in and day out after the novelty wore off, the depletion of savings and assets, the sliding credit score, the rising balances on credit cards, the mounting interest payments on those credit cards each month, the neglected maintenance on assets and health that had to be put off, the added stress put upon relationships?

The answer to the above is no, it never does.

The teachers are not striking because they have unsafe working conditions that cause the death of 100s each year.

Or because working hours are too long.(185 days, 1341 hours per year)

Or are horribly underpaid for the job that they chose.($30 -$75/hour)

Or because they saw their paychecks reduced or lost entirely since 2008.(Ask an ex GM employee if they would like to be making the same salary they enjoyed in 2008)

Or health insurance with a 1990's deductible.($100/single-$300/f amily)

Or doctor visits ($20)

Or vision insurance coverage.(They already have that)

Or dental insurance coverage.(They already have that)

Or life insurance coverage.($50,000, most private employers only carry $15,000 to cover the cost of funeral expenses)

Or limits on health coverage.(None, unlimited lifetime maximum, see what your plan has)

Instead of negotiating in a real world sense, the teachers want to shift their monthly contributions of their gold plated Cadillac program back onto the taxpayers. They want the taxpayer to pay more for them.

These are the same taxpayers who are now supporting their own healthcare costs in an unsubsidized fashion.

The movement from 1990's style health insurance to High Deductible Health Plans has picked up considerable steam since 2010. Growth in this area has risen from 6%- 21% as private employers attempt to maintain coverage without going broke. Higher deductibles are defined by deductibles greater than $1000 (that is the bottom end, ranging upwards towards $10,000)

Asking the taxpayer to fund better programs than they themselves are enjoying once again demonstrates the economic tone deafness of the OEA.

The more people know the less they like this situation
Boro Happy Taxpayers

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25016
Jun 1, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

YES WE CAN...Be Inspired by Springboro Schools Board of Education Representatives' broader Vision of our Children First Budgeting for our children's 21st centrury education;
YES WE CAN....come together today in Celebration of our CHILDREN FIRST as we all join in CONGRATULATIONS to our 2013 Springboro High School Graduates; Our Springboro School Board of Education members; Our school administrative and teaching staff; And all our school employees whose due diligence and hard work in our school community makes us all Boro Happy to be a part of it all, as good neighbors and taxpaying contributors to the success of "our children's future!" Children First Budgeting Works!
Special Thanks to Dr. Kelly Kohls, Mr. Jim Rigano, Mr. David Petroni, Mrs. Wendy Kull, and Mr. Don Miller for just saying YES! to our children first!
Thank You for "helping us" keep our Springboro schools BOTH excellent and affordable!
In the Beginning

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25017
Jun 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Open Springboro wrote:
<quoted text>
When I first heard the debate on Fox News about the rise of women as the primary bread winners, I wasn't surprised to hear them talking about the "science of male dominance," and the negative impact these changes will have on traditional marriages, I thought of all the other seemingly impossible debates that have since been turned into actual legislation, including climate denial, creationism, and guns in schools. How would any of these ridiculous subjects actually make it on to the agenda of our school board?
The answer is money. People get paid to sit down with our elected leaders in order to construct legislation for the benefit of wealthy individuals whose only interest is in their profit margin. Think tanks are tapped to devise crafty slogans and talking points which they spread across the blogosphere and hold meetups to indoctrinate frustrated citizens into their radicalized agenda.
While at first, I thought all of this was Big Government Big Business in action on the national level, but lately I have seen these same frustrated citizens in our local community spreading their radicalized agenda to the detriment of our school system. That is the influence which outside money has on our local politics, whereby a private billionaire not only has the means of affording his own personal legislator, but access to a digital network which divides local communities, drives away those who dislike partisan politics, and emboldening disgruntled residents to make choices that harm their futures and the futures of the their communities.
Welcome to the new Kingdom of Serfdom, where the Kings whom our Founding Fathers deposed have risen once again to claim their rights to our public lands. You may believe that their kingdoms provide such wealth and bounty directly from the hand of God, but we the people know our Democratic Republic is under threat from more wealth than any kings from ages past could hope to acquire.
What we don't know is that Open Government takes back the power of governance from our Corporate Kings and places it back in the hands of the people, to like or dislike, or recommend proposals that we can all discuss and share. This is the new model of Democracy in America, whether your Corporate Sponsors like it or not.
Excuse me for interrupting your ritter ramblings; but the
"science of male dominance" began way back yonder in the beautiful Garden of Eden as recorded in the book of Genesis (or book of Creationism). Our Heavenly Father created male and female and provided for all their needs; but that clever old lucifer came tempting the woman to "doubt" God's provisions; and the
woman took a "gamble" that lucifer could provide "all that she WANTED".... and it was then, as the first woman on earth "tempted"
the first man of earth to join in rebellion "against God's established order" that the "science of male dominance" began.
Today, we still have those clever ones (often disguised as politicians protecting womens' reproductive rights) slithering through political campaigns "indoctrinating" women voters that they don't need anything but the government to "partner" up with in order to "be all that any man could ever hope to be!"

Saul Alinsky gives a nod to lucifer in the acknowledgement page of his book "Rules for Radicals"...which states:
Lest we forget at least an over-the shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical; from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and histroy begins--- or which is which) the firt radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom ----Lucifer.
SpringBoro Taxpayers

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25018
Jun 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
I have looked at it a bit. I like the idea and it's nice to see side by side what each side is offering, wants to add and wants to remove. Sadly, it looks like it's the OEA vs Tea Party in Springboro and both sides want to make an example out of the other. In that scenario, everyone loses. Students, teachers, parents, home owners...everybody. Well, the lawyers might win.
I'm hoping the SEA proposes basically the same contract language that's been in place the past few years with possibly the request to bump up the base pay 2-3 percentage points over the next few years. Maybe reinstate steps in the salary scale for a few years if insurance is increased to 80/20 or 75/25. I'm not sure how the numbers would work out but that's not asking for much.
Not a Chance that the OEA/SEA war of words attacking Springboro Taxpayers will force open Springboro taxpayers' wallets to the unnecessary evil of increased taxes for union wages and benefits.
The time has come for Mr. Maney to Educate Springboro teachers to live within our children first budget, ensuring that the children of the Sprigboro community receive an excellent education while keeping the costs of that education affordble, by carefully adhering to responsible spending!
The time has come to celebrate our success! Children First Budgeting Works, thanks to our Springboro Parents (serving our school children and community as BOE representatives) Mrs. Kohls, Mr. Rigano, Mr. Petroni, Mrs. Kull, and Mr. Miller!
Thank You for Just Saying YES to Our Children First!
Please know of our continued support during these difficult times of negotiations! Springboro Loves Our Children First!

“Civic Innovation Designer”

Since: Mar 11

Springboro, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25019
Jun 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

In the Beginning wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me for interrupting your ritter ramblings; but the
"science of male dominance" began way back yonder in the beautiful Garden of Eden as recorded in the book of Genesis (or book of Creationism). Our Heavenly Father created male and female and provided for all their needs; but that clever old lucifer came tempting the woman to "doubt" God's provisions; and the
woman took a "gamble" that lucifer could provide "all that she WANTED".... and it was then, as the first woman on earth "tempted"
the first man of earth to join in rebellion "against God's established order" that the "science of male dominance" began.
Okay that was unexpected. Who would have thought that anyone would actually defend male dominance from a Biblical perspective? I'd ask what your wife thinks of your male superiority, but she's probably barefoot in the kitchen making babies, where God intended her to be. Is that right?

And now we wait for the Corporations to craft legislation and spread their talking points across their social networks, until the School Board decides to put "male dominance" on the preapproved list of "controversial issues" our teachers can discuss in the classrooms..
Just Watching

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25020
Jun 1, 2013
 
If you can't defend your points or have not points to defend start making up trash.
In the meantime what is truly important gets swept to the wayside, except not his time.
2000 plus kids are not getting the education the taxpayers have funded.
These are your 6th grade test results for 2011 - 2012
2011 - 2012
6th Grade State Defined Achievement Classifications
Limited.... 7 Students
Limited.... 24% Average Score
Limited Definition.....0-13 correct answers (scored 0-26%)
Basic..... 21 Students
Basic..... 34% Average Score
Basic Definition.....14-19 correct answers (scored 28%-38%)
Proficient.... 94 Students
Proficient.... 51% Average
Proficient Definition.....20-29 correct answers (40%- 58%)
Accelerated..... 100 Students
Accelerated..... 66% Average Score
Accelerated Definition.....30-35 correct answers (60%- 70%)
Advanced 267 Students
Advanced.... 83% Average Score
Advanced Definition.....36-50 correct answers (72%- 100%)
Using the scale Mr. Malone had used for years at the high school to grade PSEO college credits
F..... Below 62.99%..... 143 Students.....29% receiving F
D..... 63 to 74.99%..... 120 Students.....25% receiving D
C..... 75 to 84.99%..... 115 Students.....24% receiving C
B..... 85 to 92.99%..... 80 Students.....16% receiving B
A..... 93 and above..... 32 Students.....7% receiving A
Total 6th Grade......... 487 Students
Now tell me again how these results are outstanding. The only real passing scores are in the top state defined rank of Advanced and the average score in that category was 83%. Mr. Lewis stated his goal was to get more kids into the PROFICIENT rankings last year during his board presentation and the crowd went wild with approval. Increasing performance is certainly the goal, but shooting for 40% on a math achievement test does not seem as though it will benefit a child much more than scoring 36% on the test. Both scores will leave a child far behind the class.
The good news is that Mr. Lewis's program appears to be making progress moving scores upward. This year we had 47% of the kids pass the test. In August we will see if that trend continued this year and also if these children were able to buck the downward trend in their 7th grade year.
The downside to that 47% passing is the 53% who are in the D and F range,
that is just not acceptable given the quality of students, families, and teachers.
Euphemisms are no substitute for actual achievement.
good grief

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25021
Jun 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Open Springboro wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay that was unexpected. Who would have thought that anyone would actually defend male dominance from a Biblical perspective? I'd ask what your wife thinks of your male superiority, but she's probably barefoot in the kitchen making babies, where God intended her to be. Is that right?
And now we wait for the Corporations to craft legislation and spread their talking points across their social networks, until the School Board decides to put "male dominance" on the preapproved list of "controversial issues" our teachers can discuss in the classrooms..
Do you actually have a paying job, or do you post everywhere on topix because you are unemployed ?
Waste Watchers

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25022
Jun 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Open Springboro wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay that was unexpected. Who would have thought that anyone would actually defend male dominance from a Biblical perspective? I'd ask what your wife thinks of your male superiority, but she's probably barefoot in the kitchen making babies, where God intended her to be. Is that right?
And now we wait for the Corporations to craft legislation and spread their talking points across their social networks, until the School Board decides to put "male dominance" on the preapproved list of "controversial issues" our teachers can discuss in the classrooms..
Why is the school board wasting taxpayers money employing high cost educators to "teach" controversial issues in the first place?
What a waste of school tax dollars!
Why not fire all these teachers of "controversial issues" and send a message to All Springboro Parents to "do their own homework" teaching their own child about sex, religion, guns and drugs and all other diversity chosen as their basic family values. Different strokes for different folks, so why should taxpayers have to foot the bill to teach a specific view on "controversial issues?
So, why do these whiney parents like those that gripe and complain all the time for more money for the teachers, expect Taxpayers to do THEIR parental job of teaching their own "values" to their own children? Since there are only about 185 days of classroom instruction during the school year, should our professional educators use their time and expertise on improving our kids individual academic scores, instead of wasting time and money on arguments of "controversial issues?"
Just Saulsome

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25023
Jun 1, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Open Springboro wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay that was unexpected. Who would have thought that anyone would actually defend male dominance from a Biblical perspective? I'd ask what your wife thinks of your male superiority, but she's probably barefoot in the kitchen making babies, where God intended her to be. Is that right?
And now we wait for the Corporations to craft legislation and spread their talking points across their social networks, until the School Board decides to put "male dominance" on the preapproved list of "controversial issues" our teachers can discuss in the classrooms..
excuse me, ritter ramblings, but it is noted that you enjoy "revising to your own liking" your twisted view of everything. Please note that you failed to include the male dominance of lucifer, as Saul Alinsky acknowledged in his book
"Rules for Radicals." You are familiar with Rules for Radicals as the handbook for the "have nots" (government leaders) strategy to take power and wealth from the "haves" (Taxpayers)?

First published in 1971, Rules for Radicals is Saul Alinsky's impassioned counsel t young radicals on how to effect constructive social change and know the "difference between being a realistic radical and being a rhetorical one....

Alinsky's techiques and teachings influenced generations of community and labor organizers, including the church-based group hiring a young (Barack) Obama to work on Chicago's South Side in the 1980's...Alinsky impressed a young (Hillary) Clinton, who was growing up in ParkRidge at the time Alinsky was the director of the Industrial Areas Fooundation in Chicago." - Chicago Sun-Times

"This country's leading hell-raiser... has set down some of the rules of the game. No one has had more experience or has been more successful at it than Alinsky." -The Nation

Saul Alinsky gives a nod to lucifer in the acknowledgement page of his book Rules for Radicals, stating...

Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical; from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know wher mythology leaves off and histroy begins--or which is which) the first radical known t man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he a t least won his own kingdom---Lucifer.
(Saul Alinsky)

Just Saulsome

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25024
Jun 1, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

These recent tactics of emotionally blackmailing for dollars during the CCFD Say Yes to 3 campaign is an example of our government leaders creating a false budget crisis, so that they can throw a victim party of "have-nots" of the government who only wants to "help us" IF only the Taxpayers will agree to give MORE of what Taxpayers HAVE to the government; so that the government can "help us all."
There is no reasoning with this type of radical addiction of the government for "one more easy fix".... from the "wealthy taxpayer".... who should just say YES and trust the government to take care of everything.
The only response is for the Taxpayers to just say NO to new taxes. Just Say No is the most effective and least expensive cure to ALL addiction, including the government's greed of "Tax and Spend."
Reject Ritter Ramblings

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25025
Jun 1, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Open Springboro wrote:
<quoted text>
You're calling it like I see it, Phil. OEA vs Tea Party. And to be honest, I wouldn't have a problem with that if we weren't involved with a winner takes all death match. The proposed changes I see coming from the Board are quite radical, and that is where my frustration lies, not at the fact that someone is proposing radical change, but that we only have one open to choose from. Why isn't it possible for someone from the community to propose a radical change like open government?
Here's a piece I had published in the Huffington Post. I wrote it to appeal to their readership, but I would much rather have an open conversation where we can pick and choose the changes we want, and of course provide a few changes of our own. From what I read in researching this piece, there's a lot of options to explore with the "smaller schools" movement, but not when it's being guided by a profit motive. The conversation needs to be open to the community, or else were just going to end up with a new group of people trying to get their pet projects passed with taxpayer support.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news-genius/new...
I strongly disagree with open springboro false accusations against our board. The facts are clearly seen on the official school websites.

Why is the OEA standing in the way of negotiations in Springboro? Visit http://www.springboro.org for current negotiation information, the fiscal impact of accepting the OEA contract, and more. Stay informed, at http://www.springboro.org .
TV Land

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25026
Jun 1, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
When the board was asked what the conversion school would be used for they did not have a reason. Ms. Kohls tried to come up with something but had nothing to back up any of her ideas with. Not a single other member of the board had a reason identified to support such a school - pathetic. I don't doubt we may have needs but it is pretty sorry that the board doesn't do their due diligence to figure out what those needs are PRIOR to spending money on whether or not we can afford it.
For those viewing the board meeting through the eye of the camera, it does appear that the Board agenda item was to discuss the proposed contract to hire an educational group to "conduct a study on the possibility of a conversion school; after discussion, the board had questions on whether the contract was the right approach; and then a board member made a motion to table the vote and so the vote "to table the vote" passed 3-2.

So why the big deal with all the bashing of the board going on around town that the board tried to push charter schools? That is simply not true. There is an excellent news article (which was printed in the Springboro Sun) regarding the possibility of a study being conducted; in case you missed this, you can find this article and other educational articles at this website: http://educatespringboro.wordpress.com/2013/0...

“Civic Innovation Designer”

Since: Mar 11

Springboro, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25027
Jun 1, 2013
 
TV Land wrote:
So why the big deal with all the bashing of the board going on around town that the board tried to push charter schools? That is simply not true. There is an excellent news article (which was printed in the Springboro Sun) regarding the possibility of a study being conducted; in case you missed this, you can find this article and other educational articles at this website: http://educatespringboro.wordpress.com/2013/0...
And here is the flyer from the Lorain County Tea Party about the event sponsored by the Ohio School Boards Leadership Council, which was held at the Ohio State Fairgrounds last year:

http://www.meetup.com/Lorain-County-TEA-Party...
Boro Happy Taxpayers

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25028
Jun 1, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Support Our Success wrote:
The time has come to Support Our Success of Our Fiscally Responsible Springboro Schools Board of Education representatives. Under the leadership of our BOE president, Dr. Kelly Kohls, our board prioritizes our Kids in every decision.
Before Dr. Kohls got on this school board, this school district projected a $30 million deficit.
Now, this school district projects a $5 million surplus, AFTER replacing many things taken from the children during the levy campaigns.
This school board has now added many curriculum and safety measures for the children of our district.(And all of this without new money out of taxpayers pockets). What Changed?
Simply put, our children first budgeting school board representavies have become much more efficient! This board is now holding people accountable and the school board and school district leaders are making ALL decisions using what is good for education and our children as our priority!
Why would any Springboro parent not say Thank You to our board representives for putting "our children's 21st century education" FIRST?
Kids First Academic Investiments -
The past five year budget forecast did not include textbooks. This year, this school board purchased $400,000 in new textbooks for the K-5 levels, and we the board has budgeted $2 million over the next 4 years for future textbooks. Under the leadership of fiscally responsible board president, Dr. Kohls, this board has now budgeted for more materials and supplies to the classroom, more special education, and gifted services.
Our children first budgeting plan IS working!
Why would any taxpayer not support our success by voting YES for November School Renewal Levy and Vote YES for FOUR more years of successful leadership of our BOE president, Dr. Kelly Kohls!
Thank You, Dr. Kohls, for helping our schools and community be a WAY BETTER place to live, learn, work, and Play Sports! G-O P-A-N-T-H-E-R-S!
Time to Celebrate Our Success! Visit "Children First Budgeting Works" at this website and spread the great news! http://educatespringboro.wordpress.com/2013/0...
Boro Happy Taxpayers

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25029
Jun 1, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Open Springboro wrote:
<quoted text>
And here is the flyer from the Lorain County Tea Party about the event sponsored by the Ohio School Boards Leadership Council, which was held at the Ohio State Fairgrounds last year:
http://www.meetup.com/Lorain-County-TEA-Party...
And, thank you, for calling attention, once again, to the great work being done by the Ohio School Board Leadership Council.
Thanks to school board members across OHIO, including Springboro Board President, Kelly Kohls, for standing up to the OSBA indoctrination, bullying school board elected officials that they were supposed "to listen to what their school superintendent told them to do" instead of the other way around.
Remember back in the bad days of the good old boys club BEFORE 2010? Our former school superintendent and former treasurer and former business business "ran the whole show" and the previous board members just rubber stamped everything that the school district leaders asked for in the best interest of the school union employees!
Thank Goodness, we now have a School Superintendent and School Treasurer who works with our Children First Budgeting BOE members in the best interest of our school children and community as a whole.
Thank You, Dr. Kohls, Mr. Rigano, Mr. Petroni, Mrs. Kull, and Mr. Miller for saying YES to our Children First!
Boro Happy Taxpayers

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25030
Jun 1, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Abraham Lincoln said, "People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be."

We Are Happy In Successful Springboro!
If Springboro Teachers aren't happy with their employment in our great schools, provided by Springboro Taxpayers, then it's going to take a lot more than just more money to get them to happily work in our kid's classrooms! Why would any teacher not be happy with great pay and working conditions like these:

Working conditions
1. New technology, and technology upgrades galore,
2. Clean and well kept facilities,
3. 7.25 hour work day,
4. Paid leave = 15 sick days and 4 personal days off per year,
5. Subs when need,$700,000 in supplemental pay possibilities.
6. Field trips for students and teachers permitted to run trips off line,
7. Moderate sized class for teacher across all grade levels,
8. More support staff for special education and gifted on the horizon,
9. New text books for learning,
10.Fully funded athletic programs,
11.Tons of extra curricular activities for teachers and students,
12.Smart kids making learning easier(better than our urban counterparts,
13.Engaged parents that support educators programs and needs,
14.Great pto organizations that support educators and students needs,
15.A board of education that supports student achievement,
16.Smart boards in every class,
17.A board of education that is focused on policy and safety for our students and teachers,
18.new stages,
19.More band equipment ($35,000 for all kids),
20.Excellent pay and benefits,
21.Generous employee by-outs,
22.More AP classes to accelerate learning.

Springboro Loves Our Children First!

Does the Ohio Education Association Care About Springboro?

Why is the OEA standing in the way of negotiations in Springboro? Visit http://www.springboro.org for current negotiation information, the fiscal impact of accepting the OEA contract, and more. Stay informed, at http://www.springboro.org .
Just Laughing At You

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25031
Jun 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Did everyone notice nobody applauded four of the school board members at Graduation tonight? Dead Silence when they were announced. Where is Doug Weideman when they need him? They really could have used the help. I am sure he can put a positive spin on how even the families of the Graduates feel about them.
Boro Happy Taxpayers wrote:
Abraham Lincoln said, "People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be."
We Are Happy In Successful Springboro!
If Springboro Teachers aren't happy with their employment in our great schools, provided by Springboro Taxpayers, then it's going to take a lot more than just more money to get them to happily work in our kid's classrooms! Why would any teacher not be happy with great pay and working conditions like these:
Working conditions
1. New technology, and technology upgrades galore,
2. Clean and well kept facilities,
3. 7.25 hour work day,
4. Paid leave = 15 sick days and 4 personal days off per year,
5. Subs when need,$700,000 in supplemental pay possibilities.
6. Field trips for students and teachers permitted to run trips off line,
7. Moderate sized class for teacher across all grade levels,
8. More support staff for special education and gifted on the horizon,
9. New text books for learning,
10.Fully funded athletic programs,
11.Tons of extra curricular activities for teachers and students,
12.Smart kids making learning easier(better than our urban counterparts,
13.Engaged parents that support educators programs and needs,
14.Great pto organizations that support educators and students needs,
15.A board of education that supports student achievement,
16.Smart boards in every class,
17.A board of education that is focused on policy and safety for our students and teachers,
18.new stages,
19.More band equipment ($35,000 for all kids),
20.Excellent pay and benefits,
21.Generous employee by-outs,
22.More AP classes to accelerate learning.
Springboro Loves Our Children First!
Does the Ohio Education Association Care About Springboro?
Why is the OEA standing in the way of negotiations in Springboro? Visit http://www.springboro.org for current negotiation information, the fiscal impact of accepting the OEA contract, and more. Stay informed, at http://www.springboro.org .
Get real

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25032
Jun 1, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Just Laughing At You wrote:
Did everyone notice nobody applauded four of the school board members at Graduation tonight? Dead Silence when they were announced. Where is Doug Weideman when they need him? They really could have used the help. I am sure he can put a positive spin on how even the families of the Graduates feel about them.
<quoted text>
Wait until those Proficient kids are in college and their parents are paying to get the education they should have received for free in our excellent with distinction high school. Or they have trouble finding and holding a job because they lack basic educational skills. See if the teachers care then.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springboro Discussions

Search the Springboro Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr d pantz 29,467
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 8 hr Anonymous of Indy 2,226
Andy's Dean's "America Now" cancelled! 8 hr The Duke of Hazard 19
Rats removed from Kettering apartment. 8 hr The Duke of Hazard 3
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Lumpy Churchhill 18,610
Miamisburg 13 hr Carolyn 1
Downtown Dayton salon to expand, add spa and co... 16 hr The Duke of Hazard 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Springboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••