Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments (Page 1,062)

Showing posts 21,221 - 21,240 of31,007
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Get Real

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

protect the kids wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the reality of the rest of Springboro. John Agenbroad was overheard saying that Springboro does not have a financial crisis, there are no foreclosures here. Interesting the Democrats in this town don't get it at all they just keep spending like no one is watching or hurting. I only want real people in these public offices. You can't know what the rest of the voters experience unless you are one.
Get Real, John! The Private Sector is NOT doing fine!

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Bless your pea-picking heart - that turnip truck has drove off over the hill.
Embarrasing wrote:
I really hope that all of these pro levy moms know that while they talk badly about the board they themselves look guilty of helping this district hurt the kids. They helped people stay in the money, not for the kids, they spew lies helping the deception continue. Tiffany, Lisa, Jane, Debbie, and several others go around town saying I just don't understand this board, I am embarrassed, we are the laughing stock.... but really what they are saying is that they want the extortion to continue, they want their buddies to keep taking from the kids as long as they can look good. Lisa won't ever be over the levy defeat. Every meeting she is on "when ya goin for a levy"?
OMG I am embarrassed fro them. You gals need to stop destroying this community and its good reputation. You are not amaaaazing, You are embarrassing us.
Buddies

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
I just thought of something, he sounds like his buddy BHO.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

there is nothing about candidates having to meet a common sense standard (ie) MO senate candidate Ohio sher. brown for example
Straight to the Point

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Embarrasing wrote:
I really hope that all of these pro levy moms know that while they talk badly about the board they themselves look guilty of helping this district hurt the kids. They helped people stay in the money, not for the kids, they spew lies helping the deception continue. Tiffany, Lisa, Jane, Debbie, and several others go around town saying I just don't understand this board, I am embarrassed, we are the laughing stock.... but really what they are saying is that they want the extortion to continue, they want their buddies to keep taking from the kids as long as they can look good. Lisa won't ever be over the levy defeat. Every meeting she is on "when ya goin for a levy"?
OMG I am embarrassed fro them. You gals need to stop destroying this community and its good reputation. You are not amaaaazing, You are embarrassing us.
While it's true it is so-o-o embarrassing hearing these bitter and revengeful Levy Ladies (backed by union support) parade around town and public meetings trashing and bashing the accomplishments of our new board; it is also an opportunity for those who support the leadership of our new board to "set the record straight." Just tell the levy ladies and their coalition of schoolyard bullies that "we know we did the right thing" by electing three strong, moral, community supporters who are doing what's right putting our children's future first!
And let us take time out of our busy schedules to say a special Thank You to Kelly Kohls, David Petroni, and Jim Rigano, whenever
we have opportunity at board mettings or just around town.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
Straight to the Point

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Keep in mind that it was a union supported coalition led by Scott Anderson and Don Millr who led a community wide attack on our BOE majority members who support transparency in our school district finances, fairness in our pay to play fees, and our Children First Budgeting plan.
While our school district is moving on and we are now focused on our new board's accomplishments, we
need to remember that the Anderson/Miller anti-education coalition on March 27 protested against our children's future and reversed the "plan" which was in the best interest of our children's education (and within our Board of Education's agreed upon goals) but the real question is WHY?
Those who know the answer need to spread the truth, simply put; because Scott Anderson and Don Miller supported former school board candidates, Lisa Babb and Gentry Ellis; and many members of the district unions also supported these two candidates; and supported the third candidate, Jane Gregg. These three candidates were not elected; but they have been at the front of this continued course to discredit and bully the elected school board into resigning or to render them ineffective.
Don Miller remains an elected official; and still Don Miller consistently argues, protests, and votes against our children's best interests first. Why?...it is asked?
Well, as this new board has stated, we have significant academic issues to address; and this continued assault on our school board seeks to slow the new board's accomplishments, hurting our kids; while Don Miller and his union backed coalition continue "bullying" for more power as they position themselves for negotiations.
stump mister

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
But John is doing fine. His union coffers are full for the next candidate he supports here in town. Rumor has it he wants Springboro renamed to..you guessed it..Agenboro...:)
Funny Rumors

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

stump mister wrote:
<quoted text>
But John is doing fine. His union coffers are full for the next candidate he supports here in town. Rumor has it he wants Springboro renamed to..you guessed it..Agenboro...:)
Say What? Word around our "farmland for sale" is the name of "Union Springs."
Transparency Please

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Based on information presented at the last public school board meeting, our new board and new school administration team have fully reviewed and firmed up our existing Booster organizational/school district policies that will protect our schools athletic boosters fundraising business and strengthen our schools athletic program.
In addition to reviewing "District Duties" and "Organization Duties" a "Concession Oversight Team" is now in place (comprised of Superintendent, CFO, and one rep from each group) to review monthly financials. This committee will look into other third party supplies and uniform pricing. Oversight team meetings will be held on September 25; October 23; and December ll, 2012.
Looks like our school district and Springboro community are on our way to a brighter day doing what's right for our school children.
And for New Beginnings in a new direction for our children's future, we can express sincere appreciation and thanks to our new school board and school superintendent. Thank You!
YES this could happen

Germantown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Sometime during this coming Saturday afternoon, Mitt Romney's campaign has scheduled a stop northwest of Columbus in Powell, OH. Approximately 3 miles up the road in nearby Lewis Center, the opening meeting of the Ohio School Board Leadership Council (OSBLC) is to convene at 1PM.

I can't think of a more shrewd, brass ring opportunity for Mitt Romney than to make a surprise stop at this OSBLC meeting. I believe doing so would in essense ally Romney's campaign with a continually growing number of public school communities nationally that have discovered how to internally take the reins in terms of controlling overspending in their schools. Ronmey could utilize a stop at this inaugural OSBLC meeting to highlight the fiscal priorities of students before other agendas, as well as speak to the values and life lessons leaned from student volunteerism.
swee pea

Germantown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

YES this could happen wrote:
Sometime during this coming Saturday afternoon, Mitt Romney's campaign has scheduled a stop northwest of Columbus in Powell, OH. Approximately 3 miles up the road in nearby Lewis Center, the opening meeting of the Ohio School Board Leadership Council (OSBLC) is to convene at 1PM.

I can't think of a more shrewd, brass ring opportunity for Mitt Romney than to make a surprise stop at this OSBLC meeting. I believe doing so would in essense ally Romney's campaign with a continually growing number of public school communities nationally that have discovered how to internally take the reins in terms of controlling overspending in their schools. Ronmey could utilize a stop at this inaugural OSBLC meeting to highlight the fiscal priorities of students before other agendas, as well as speak to the values and life lessons leaned from student volunteerism.
A verification...

Thur, Aug 23. 10:04 am EDT
Associated Press

ROMNEY, RYAN TO MAKE PRECONVENTION OHIO CAMPAIGN STOP IN POWELL ON SATURDAY

CINCINNATI Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan will make their first Ohio joint appearance in a Saturday morning rally, visiting the critical battleground state ahead of next week's Republican National Convention.

The campaign said Thursday they will be at the Village Green Park in Powell, in central Ohio...
WOW

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

YES this could happen wrote:
SOUNDS GREAT! GO ROMNEY/RYAN! OHIO BELIEVES IN AMERICA!
We Believe

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

Believe in America!

We Must Take a Stand!

For Our Children and Grandchildren!

For Our Future!
Go Away Tiffany

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

What does she stand for anymore? She acts like she backs the schools, but then bashes them. You should have seen her at the open house the other night. What a prima donna. She didn't think she should have to wait to get the schedule. Really? There are a thousand kids but she shouldn't have to wait. You obviously don't support the schools or we wouldn't have to deal with listening to those complaints. What do you stand for Tiff? Do the community a favor and when you go out keep your negative comments to yourself so we can actually enjoy our time with our kid on a very important night. There is more to life than talking (complaining) just to hear yourself talk. I am embarrassed for you!
what a legacy

Germantown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

Go Away Tiffany wrote:
What does she stand for anymore? She acts like she backs the schools, but then bashes them. You should have seen her at the open house the other night. What a prima donna. She didn't think she should have to wait to get the schedule. Really? There are a thousand kids but she shouldn't have to wait. You obviously don't support the schools or we wouldn't have to deal with listening to those complaints. What do you stand for Tiff? Do the community a favor and when you go out keep your negative comments to yourself so we can actually enjoy our time with our kid on a very important night. There is more to life than talking (complaining) just to hear yourself talk. I am embarrassed for you!
At North Park's SOS meeting, all Tiffany could talk about was a need for getting new faces and voices at Tuesday night BOE meetings. There's absolutely nothing wrong with anyone encouraging a higher level of involvement in our community. The inherent problem in Carlisle's mindset is she encouraged this involvement merely days after a media revelation of an upcoming investigation surrounding an alleged shifty Booster donation. What was marketed by Carlisle as good civic intent was in essence a poorly crafted smokescreen intended to distract the public from the Boosters current difficulties.

What's the most pathetic part of the story? Since SOS, Carlisle et al have done next to nothing to help themselves. Seemingly every time Carlisle or Babb opens their mouths to speak yet another small group of disgusteds will inevitably stand up and walk out, often times bantering back and forth with each other down the halls of SHS all the way out the front doors and into the parking lot.
New Beginnings

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

We now have a new 4-1 BOE "children first" majority and a new superintendent and administrative team in place; now fully supporting the new philosophy and direction in which our new BOE president is leading our school district and community as a whole!

It is inspiring to see the colorful new artwork in the district offices reflecting our new district leaders agenda of "putting children first!" And now that the dull old "black and white" pictures of structures are gone; so be it with our dull old "status quo" grumbling as usual bullies. It is past time for these community bullies to be "gone" from the bully pulpit spotlight at our public school board meetings.

Isn't it time that concerned taxpayers simply stood up and "objected" to this waste of our time and money that these bullies are using to keep our kids's future behind and distract our new staff that are doing what's right for our children's future!

Isn't it past time to remind our Neighbors for Springboro schools pro-levy committee members that
our school board elected officials work for the Springboro community as a whole; to provide a quality education for our kids while living within the means of our community?
In support of Scott

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

Scott Anderson should have stepped down from his position on the BOE but not for the reasons most posters have given.
Obviously, Springboro's schools are run by the goood old boys and girls contingent and special interest groups that are totally self centered; they care nothing about protecting the assests of the community.
Ask yourself what benefit Scott derives from asking the community to make tough but financial sound decisions? He probably knew the heat he would take, but his concern for the financial viability of our school system was overridden by the abuse he is now receiving from these short sighted but vocal few.
I and many others wish Scott and his wonderful family nothing but the best and thank him for his service to our community.
ridiculous

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

In support of Scott wrote:
Scott Anderson should have stepped down from his position on the BOE but not for the reasons most posters have given.
Obviously, Springboro's schools are run by the goood old boys and girls contingent and special interest groups that are totally self centered; they care nothing about protecting the assests of the community.
Ask yourself what benefit Scott derives from asking the community to make tough but financial sound decisions? He probably knew the heat he would take, but his concern for the financial viability of our school system was overridden by the abuse he is now receiving from these short sighted but vocal few.
I and many others wish Scott and his wonderful family nothing but the best and thank him for his service to our community.
Scott's only motivation for everything political he has done is first and foremost all about Scott!
good grief

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

In support of Scott wrote:
Oh please, give me break. Scott is a coward, who always runs from a fight. Like a kid who doesn't get his way, he takes his marbles and goes home. I have nothing but disdain for 'chicken little". Anyone can win when they have everyone on their side. The ones that deserve credit are those that hold their ground when outnumbered.
Another View

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

good grief wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, give me break. Scott is a coward, who always runs from a fight. Like a kid who doesn't get his way, he takes his marbles and goes home. I have nothing but disdain for 'chicken little". Anyone can win when they have everyone on their side. The ones that deserve credit are those that hold their ground when outnumbered.
The ones that EARN credit are those that stand firmly on legal and ethical principals of by-laws and policies that govern relations between our school district and community members.

Both Scott Anderson and Don Miller violate these principals by showing no respect for board authority and no respect for community taxpayers. Elected officials cannot "govern" those for whom they hold no respect.

Scott Anderson's resignation is Appreciated! Don Miller has yet to EARN equal appreciation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,221 - 21,240 of31,007
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springboro Discussions

Search the Springboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 39 min Old Guy 28,477
New barbecue restaurant to open in Middletown 4 hr Kcnrse 1
Veterans Day 2013 (Nov '13) 5 hr Janet Harrison 10
Dennis Gannon, repeat felon 5 hr Janet Harrison 1
Why can't we post photos any more? 5 hr Janet Harrison 2
looking for a text buddy (Nov '12) 15 hr julian 39
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr toomanymistakes 18,494
•••
•••
•••
•••

Springboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••