Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 32036 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

Transparency Please

Cincinnati, OH

#21590 Aug 23, 2012
Based on information presented at the last public school board meeting, our new board and new school administration team have fully reviewed and firmed up our existing Booster organizational/school district policies that will protect our schools athletic boosters fundraising business and strengthen our schools athletic program.
In addition to reviewing "District Duties" and "Organization Duties" a "Concession Oversight Team" is now in place (comprised of Superintendent, CFO, and one rep from each group) to review monthly financials. This committee will look into other third party supplies and uniform pricing. Oversight team meetings will be held on September 25; October 23; and December ll, 2012.
Looks like our school district and Springboro community are on our way to a brighter day doing what's right for our school children.
And for New Beginnings in a new direction for our children's future, we can express sincere appreciation and thanks to our new school board and school superintendent. Thank You!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
YES this could happen

Dayton, OH

#21591 Aug 23, 2012
Sometime during this coming Saturday afternoon, Mitt Romney's campaign has scheduled a stop northwest of Columbus in Powell, OH. Approximately 3 miles up the road in nearby Lewis Center, the opening meeting of the Ohio School Board Leadership Council (OSBLC) is to convene at 1PM.

I can't think of a more shrewd, brass ring opportunity for Mitt Romney than to make a surprise stop at this OSBLC meeting. I believe doing so would in essense ally Romney's campaign with a continually growing number of public school communities nationally that have discovered how to internally take the reins in terms of controlling overspending in their schools. Ronmey could utilize a stop at this inaugural OSBLC meeting to highlight the fiscal priorities of students before other agendas, as well as speak to the values and life lessons leaned from student volunteerism.
swee pea

Dayton, OH

#21592 Aug 23, 2012
YES this could happen wrote:
Sometime during this coming Saturday afternoon, Mitt Romney's campaign has scheduled a stop northwest of Columbus in Powell, OH. Approximately 3 miles up the road in nearby Lewis Center, the opening meeting of the Ohio School Board Leadership Council (OSBLC) is to convene at 1PM.

I can't think of a more shrewd, brass ring opportunity for Mitt Romney than to make a surprise stop at this OSBLC meeting. I believe doing so would in essense ally Romney's campaign with a continually growing number of public school communities nationally that have discovered how to internally take the reins in terms of controlling overspending in their schools. Ronmey could utilize a stop at this inaugural OSBLC meeting to highlight the fiscal priorities of students before other agendas, as well as speak to the values and life lessons leaned from student volunteerism.
A verification...

Thur, Aug 23. 10:04 am EDT
Associated Press

ROMNEY, RYAN TO MAKE PRECONVENTION OHIO CAMPAIGN STOP IN POWELL ON SATURDAY

CINCINNATI Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan will make their first Ohio joint appearance in a Saturday morning rally, visiting the critical battleground state ahead of next week's Republican National Convention.

The campaign said Thursday they will be at the Village Green Park in Powell, in central Ohio...
WOW

Cincinnati, OH

#21593 Aug 23, 2012
YES this could happen wrote:
SOUNDS GREAT! GO ROMNEY/RYAN! OHIO BELIEVES IN AMERICA!
We Believe

Cincinnati, OH

#21594 Aug 25, 2012
Believe in America!

We Must Take a Stand!

For Our Children and Grandchildren!

For Our Future!
Go Away Tiffany

Springfield, OH

#21595 Aug 25, 2012
What does she stand for anymore? She acts like she backs the schools, but then bashes them. You should have seen her at the open house the other night. What a prima donna. She didn't think she should have to wait to get the schedule. Really? There are a thousand kids but she shouldn't have to wait. You obviously don't support the schools or we wouldn't have to deal with listening to those complaints. What do you stand for Tiff? Do the community a favor and when you go out keep your negative comments to yourself so we can actually enjoy our time with our kid on a very important night. There is more to life than talking (complaining) just to hear yourself talk. I am embarrassed for you!
what a legacy

Dayton, OH

#21597 Aug 25, 2012
Go Away Tiffany wrote:
What does she stand for anymore? She acts like she backs the schools, but then bashes them. You should have seen her at the open house the other night. What a prima donna. She didn't think she should have to wait to get the schedule. Really? There are a thousand kids but she shouldn't have to wait. You obviously don't support the schools or we wouldn't have to deal with listening to those complaints. What do you stand for Tiff? Do the community a favor and when you go out keep your negative comments to yourself so we can actually enjoy our time with our kid on a very important night. There is more to life than talking (complaining) just to hear yourself talk. I am embarrassed for you!
At North Park's SOS meeting, all Tiffany could talk about was a need for getting new faces and voices at Tuesday night BOE meetings. There's absolutely nothing wrong with anyone encouraging a higher level of involvement in our community. The inherent problem in Carlisle's mindset is she encouraged this involvement merely days after a media revelation of an upcoming investigation surrounding an alleged shifty Booster donation. What was marketed by Carlisle as good civic intent was in essence a poorly crafted smokescreen intended to distract the public from the Boosters current difficulties.

What's the most pathetic part of the story? Since SOS, Carlisle et al have done next to nothing to help themselves. Seemingly every time Carlisle or Babb opens their mouths to speak yet another small group of disgusteds will inevitably stand up and walk out, often times bantering back and forth with each other down the halls of SHS all the way out the front doors and into the parking lot.
New Beginnings

Cincinnati, OH

#21598 Aug 26, 2012
We now have a new 4-1 BOE "children first" majority and a new superintendent and administrative team in place; now fully supporting the new philosophy and direction in which our new BOE president is leading our school district and community as a whole!

It is inspiring to see the colorful new artwork in the district offices reflecting our new district leaders agenda of "putting children first!" And now that the dull old "black and white" pictures of structures are gone; so be it with our dull old "status quo" grumbling as usual bullies. It is past time for these community bullies to be "gone" from the bully pulpit spotlight at our public school board meetings.

Isn't it time that concerned taxpayers simply stood up and "objected" to this waste of our time and money that these bullies are using to keep our kids's future behind and distract our new staff that are doing what's right for our children's future!

Isn't it past time to remind our Neighbors for Springboro schools pro-levy committee members that
our school board elected officials work for the Springboro community as a whole; to provide a quality education for our kids while living within the means of our community?
In support of Scott

Ft Mitchell, KY

#21599 Aug 26, 2012
Scott Anderson should have stepped down from his position on the BOE but not for the reasons most posters have given.
Obviously, Springboro's schools are run by the goood old boys and girls contingent and special interest groups that are totally self centered; they care nothing about protecting the assests of the community.
Ask yourself what benefit Scott derives from asking the community to make tough but financial sound decisions? He probably knew the heat he would take, but his concern for the financial viability of our school system was overridden by the abuse he is now receiving from these short sighted but vocal few.
I and many others wish Scott and his wonderful family nothing but the best and thank him for his service to our community.
ridiculous

United States

#21600 Aug 26, 2012
In support of Scott wrote:
Scott Anderson should have stepped down from his position on the BOE but not for the reasons most posters have given.
Obviously, Springboro's schools are run by the goood old boys and girls contingent and special interest groups that are totally self centered; they care nothing about protecting the assests of the community.
Ask yourself what benefit Scott derives from asking the community to make tough but financial sound decisions? He probably knew the heat he would take, but his concern for the financial viability of our school system was overridden by the abuse he is now receiving from these short sighted but vocal few.
I and many others wish Scott and his wonderful family nothing but the best and thank him for his service to our community.
Scott's only motivation for everything political he has done is first and foremost all about Scott!
good grief

Dayton, OH

#21601 Aug 26, 2012
Oh please, give me break. Scott is a coward, who always runs from a fight. Like a kid who doesn't get his way, he takes his marbles and goes home. I have nothing but disdain for 'chicken little". Anyone can win when they have everyone on their side. The ones that deserve credit are those that hold their ground when outnumbered.
Another View

Cincinnati, OH

#21602 Aug 26, 2012
good grief wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, give me break. Scott is a coward, who always runs from a fight. Like a kid who doesn't get his way, he takes his marbles and goes home. I have nothing but disdain for 'chicken little". Anyone can win when they have everyone on their side. The ones that deserve credit are those that hold their ground when outnumbered.
The ones that EARN credit are those that stand firmly on legal and ethical principals of by-laws and policies that govern relations between our school district and community members.

Both Scott Anderson and Don Miller violate these principals by showing no respect for board authority and no respect for community taxpayers. Elected officials cannot "govern" those for whom they hold no respect.

Scott Anderson's resignation is Appreciated! Don Miller has yet to EARN equal appreciation.
Another View

Cincinnati, OH

#21603 Aug 26, 2012
The ones that EARN credit are those that stand firmly on legal and ethical principles of by-laws and policies that govern relations between our school district and community members.

Both Scott Anderson and Don Miller violate these principles by showing no respect for board authority and no respect for community taxpayers. Elected officials cannot "govern" those for whom they hold no respect.

Scott Anderson's resignation is Appreciated! Don Miller has yet to EARN equal appreciation.
Who

Clinton, OH

#21604 Aug 26, 2012
Who was appointed to fill the fifth spot on the BOE?
me too

Dayton, OH

#21605 Aug 26, 2012
Who wrote:
Alfred E. Neumann
scott free

Dayton, OH

#21606 Aug 26, 2012
Scott Anderson has always been and probably will always remain a slimey, fakey opportunist. During the '09 school board election Anderson literally tripped over himself in his repeated attempts to ally his campaign efforts with that of Kelly Kohls. Why? Because at that time Kohls was attracting quite a bit of media attention. Anderson had to either jump on Kelly's coattails or stand alone and risk losing to (then) very stong incumbant Ira Thomsen. However good things can often result from bad experiences. Moving into the future, Kelly Kohls is no doubt a lot better when it comes to guaging and judging political friends vs. political foes.
Another Question

Cincinnati, OH

#21607 Aug 26, 2012
Who wrote:
Wasn't it mentioned that the new board member appointment would be made August 28, at the school board meeting?
In support of Scott

Cincinnati, OH

#21608 Aug 26, 2012
Honk! for Scott if you wish to say Thank you! And in support of Scott, skip the chick fil A and Eat More Fish!

In the Wanna Know

Cincinnati, OH

#21609 Aug 27, 2012
Does anybody know who is replacing Anderson on the board? I think I read where they want the new person to start on Tuesday's board meeting. Hopefully, they got some good people to apply!
Boro Belief

Cincinnati, OH

#21610 Aug 27, 2012
In the Wanna Know wrote:
Does anybody know who is replacing Anderson on the board? I think I read where they want the new person to start on Tuesday's board meeting. Hopefully, they got some good people to apply!
We believe in the good people in our community! And believe that "another one of these strong community supporters" will be appointed at the August 28 board meeting to work with our BOE majority and continue "moving on" in support of doing what's right for our children's future and our community!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue Smiley 21,533
Wheres all the ladies? Tue Bella 2
Lakewoods Apartments, 980 Wilmington Ave, ( BED... (Oct '12) Apr 23 DieBedBugsDie 13
Middletown 1965 to early 70 (Jun '09) Apr 22 Boomer 256
3 missing women, 1 found dead (Sep '16) Apr 14 Jeff 22
Gibbs (Jul '17) Apr 12 Hillbilly girl 15
Dr who prescribe adipex Apr 12 Martha 1

Springboro Jobs

Personal Finance

Springboro Mortgages