Southwest Church has own a home after...

Southwest Church has own a home after 14 years

There are 10 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 24, 2012, titled Southwest Church has own a home after 14 years. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

A new church building calls for a new logo, and Southwest Church in Springboro has one: "Love, Serve, Share." The logo reflects the church's mission to love God, love people, serve the community, and share Jesus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

reality

Miamisburg, OH

#1 Feb 25, 2012
Coffman YMCA - Springboro's Greatest DUD

This Southwest Church is occupying the square footage that Coffman YMCA should have used to expand their INADEQUATE facilities.
poundsand

Miamisburg, OH

#2 Feb 27, 2012
couldn't agree more! the equipment is old and the facilities need expanded. we need another church like we need another drugstore or bank.
pathetic

Miamisburg, OH

#3 Feb 27, 2012
I agree with reality. In 12 years, Coffman has matured into a dud. They have allowed almost no space for future building expansion. What ought to happen is the construction of a new YMCA on new soil, ideally out along 741. Sell the existing Coffman Y to someone who can reopen it as some type of private club.
observer

Dayton, OH

#4 Feb 27, 2012
pathetic wrote:
I agree with reality. In 12 years, Coffman has matured into a dud. They have allowed almost no space for future building expansion. What ought to happen is the construction of a new YMCA on new soil, ideally out along 741. Sell the existing Coffman Y to someone who can reopen it as some type of private club.
And who is going to pay for this new YMCA you propose? Coffman paid for the one you haave now. And don't even think taxpayers around here are interested in more taxes, for whatever reason.
pathetic

Miamisburg, OH

#5 Feb 28, 2012
observer wrote:
<quoted text>
And who is going to pay for this new YMCA you propose? Coffman paid for the one you haave now. And don't even think taxpayers around here are interested in more taxes, for whatever reason.
Former Springboro Coffman got the ball rolling, yes.
But by and large Coffman YMCA was built with funds from private individuals & area businesses.
Next time you're at Coffman take a few moments of your time to examine these names enshrined in the hallway.
Why wasn't Coffman publicly funded? For this we can thank perennial againsters like D. Gingerich.
Gingerich fan

Brook Park, OH

#6 Feb 28, 2012
pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>
Former Springboro Coffman got the ball rolling, yes.
But by and large Coffman YMCA was built with funds from private individuals & area businesses.
Next time you're at Coffman take a few moments of your time to examine these names enshrined in the hallway.
Why wasn't Coffman publicly funded? For this we can thank perennial againsters like D. Gingerich.
I agree with Don Gingerich, public funding shouldn't be used for a facility used by only a few.
pathetic

Miamisburg, OH

#7 Feb 28, 2012
Gingerich fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Don Gingerich, public funding shouldn't be used for a facility used by only a few.
So you never use public libraries? You have no children, grandchildren, nieces or nephews in public school?

YMCAs do a lot more than serve as family health clubs.
They serve the entire community.
In many cases, free services are provided by YMCAs to individuals / families in need, so long as proof of need of assistance is established.
Informed

United States

#8 Feb 16, 2013
The YMCA provides sports programs for the youth that can't always Pay to Play at school. http://springboro-ohio.org/youth-sports.html
bullying is natural

Cleveland, OH

#9 Feb 18, 2013
Informed wrote:
The YMCA provides sports programs for the youth that can't always Pay to Play at school. http://springboro-ohio.org/youth-sports.html
YMCAs charge WAY too much for half a&& SAY youth sports programs in which no one is supposed to be keeping track of the score, so that those YMCA kids get to grow up to become pushovers.
new to boro

West Chester, OH

#10 Feb 27, 2013
Soooo...what does all this have to do with Southwest Church? I've been to it once, it's a nice building.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Boo 21,334
Springboro basketball Nov 15 jessie 2
Ryan Luke St John arrested for murdering 2 year... (Mar '17) Nov 14 Justice For Brayden 3
bad Middletown neighborhoods (Jul '13) Nov 13 reality 17
SVG Motors (Steve's a Vain Guy) (Jan '16) Nov 13 dkraus1044 29
News 18-year-old Arrested After Baby Remains Found Nov 12 Barney Fife 8
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Nov 10 TimeToAct 32,045

Springboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springboro Mortgages