"Book shoppe time travel"

"Book shoppe time travel"

Posted in the Springboro Forum

Fan of Leon The Man

Oxford, OH

#1 Jul 19, 2014
Who says that Topix and Disgracebook chatter does not matter, when it inspires those among us who are writers, but who are retired and can no longer be fired, with our many literate fans who have longer attention spans?

Leon Harrison
Clayton, Ohio
Saturday, July 19, 2014

To: The Editor

Subject: Book shoppe time travel

“Book shoppe time travel”

Saturday, July 19, 2014:

Earlier today, after stopping and shopping at Rite Aid for drugs, without hugs or thugs, I stopped at The New and Olde Pages Book Shoppe [where the spelling is off, not that I scoff] to turn in a new Stephen Hunter hardback book that I had just read; again not intending to time travel or buy any or many more books until I had finally caught up on my reading [when not wasting time online or breeding]. I now know how to (almost) double your money and it is not dishonest or funny! In the back room, I discovered a discounted 60-cent paperback science-fiction book (entitled "Galactic Cluster" by James Blish) that only cost 35 cents when it was new! It was published in 1959, 55 years ago, before I was born! Oh, sorry, I might have been nine at the time.
In 1959, the current book shoppe, uh...I mean, shop location was a corner farm field separated from that of the Denlinger/Harrison farm by Union Road, long before it was Union Boulevard with a Kroger store. I also note how small the printing was, back then, just because most baby-boomer girls and boys had better eyes than you older gals and guys. Oh, then on to Radio Shack I roamed, to buy a new battery and have it installed inside The Queen Mama's higher-tech cordless kitchen-wall phone.

Leon Harrison
Clayton, Ohio

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr Disturbed 20,924
SVG Motors (Steve's a Vain Guy) (Jan '16) Sat Jackmehoff 29
Anyone know Matt Morrow? (Oct '15) Sat Imnotfallingforit 60
Leon harrison has been banned from fb Sat Bite the Sack 8
old friend May 26 old friend 1
Adult movie theaters (Sep '12) May 25 Kitty katt 10
Anybody know her May 24 White Guy 1

Springboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springboro Mortgages