Ambulance, fire levy sparks debate in Ohio

Feb 1, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EMS1

CLEARCREEK TWP., Ohio - Trustees in Clearcreek Twp. - third among 11 Warren County townships in net property taxes - disagree about asking voters for an additional 4.5-mill levy to fund fire protection and ambulance services.

Comments
1,981 - 2,000 of 2,035 Comments Last updated Tuesday Jun 24
theWOWfactor

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Judged:

Yes, there is a way to RECALL WADE. All we need to do is petition the Warren County Board of Elections, gain enough signatures for a RECALL and place it on the ballot. Lets do this!
whopper

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

theWOWfactor wrote:
Yes, there is a way to RECALL WADE. All we need to do is petition the Warren County Board of Elections, gain enough signatures for a RECALL and place it on the ballot. Lets do this!
isn't there a deadline to do that ? And just who is willing to do this...I will help, but not be the front guy.
ConcernedCitizen

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Judged:

There is some information on the Warren County Board of Elections website about a recall. I'm not sure if I read everything correctly, but it looks like a little over 2,000 signatures would be required (15% of the 13,357 people who voted for trustee). There are signatures required for a successor, 10 percent of the total votes cast for the head of the ticket. I don't believe the successor signatures are required at the same time.

A reason for a recall is also required. This is where the Judge's final ruling in the current case against the township and Wade will come in handy. Does anyone know when this is expected? Anyone know of a good candidate to replace him?
whopper

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

ConcernedCitizen wrote:
There is some information on the Warren County Board of Elections website about a recall. I'm not sure if I read everything correctly, but it looks like a little over 2,000 signatures would be required (15% of the 13,357 people who voted for trustee). There are signatures required for a successor, 10 percent of the total votes cast for the head of the ticket. I don't believe the successor signatures are required at the same time.
A reason for a recall is also required. This is where the Judge's final ruling in the current case against the township and Wade will come in handy. Does anyone know when this is expected? Anyone know of a good candidate to replace him?
any candidate who isn't connected to wade, agenbroard, gabbarb, pickett...will do for starters...
Yep

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

whopper wrote:
<quoted text>
isn't there a deadline to do that ? And just who is willing to do this...I will help, but not be the front guy.
And therein lies the problem....you are willing to sit behind your computer and complain and whine, but when push comes to shove...."I will help, but not be the front guy." Typical. I think this and that is bad, but I really don't want to do anything about it. Easier just to complain.
whopper

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
And therein lies the problem....you are willing to sit behind your computer and complain and whine, but when push comes to shove...."I will help, but not be the front guy." Typical. I think this and that is bad, but I really don't want to do anything about it. Easier just to complain.
please don't lecture me about civic duty....I have done more than most for this area. Have you ?
Yep

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

whopper wrote:
<quoted text>
please don't lecture me about civic duty....I have done more than most for this area. Have you ?
You opened the door.......what have you done in the area of civic duty? Complain about everything on blogs?
whopper

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
You opened the door.......what have you done in the area of civic duty? Complain about everything on blogs?
you haven't answered the question...what have YOU done, being the civic minded one ?
Yep

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

whopper wrote:
<quoted text>
you haven't answered the question...what have YOU done, being the civic minded one ?
As the great Ronald Reagan said - "there you go again". I wasn't the one that offered I was the civic minded one - read the posts - you did.

Keep deflecting though. You guys on here are real good at that.
Yep

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

whopper wrote:
<quoted text>
But playing along...here are just a few things I have volunteered for trying to be "civic minded":

PTO
Volunteered in my child's classroom
Youth sports coach
Volunteered at the Community Assistance Center
Participated in "Love Your Community" Day

That's a good start.

Your turn.
whopper

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
But playing along...here are just a few things I have volunteered for trying to be "civic minded":
PTO
Volunteered in my child's classroom
Youth sports coach
Volunteered at the Community Assistance Center
Participated in "Love Your Community" Day
That's a good start.
Your turn.
member of the now defunct community service board

over the holidays provided food for the township and city service crews

volunteered for county animal rescue
whopper

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

whopper wrote:
<quoted text>
member of the now defunct community service board
over the holidays provided food for the township and city service crews
volunteered for county animal rescue
also was instrumental in getting taxes reduced in a section of the community by bringing a case to the attention of the county auditor's office.
The More You Know

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

whopper wrote:
<quoted text>
also was instrumental in getting taxes reduced in a section of the community by bringing a case to the attention of the county auditor's office.
Thank You! Now we all know why ....
You Are Number One on the Union's List of Those "Citizens First" to falsely accuse and discredit with their spiteful political attacks against All those citizens who think that it is just plain wrong for our government to overtax our "Citizens First" putting the re-emphasis on the financial gain of our greedy "Unions First" (including the Teachers Union, Firefighters Union and Police Officers Union).
We don't need more money to live within our community means; we need more accountability.
Yep

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

whopper wrote:
<quoted text>
And if I remember correctly, you were also on City Council.
whopper

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
And if I remember correctly, you were also on City Council.
and what's your point ?
theWOWfactor

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

The JUDGE required both parties to submit their closing arguments to him by February 14, 2014. Let's see if the JUDGE can be impartial and do the right thing!
ConcernedCitizen

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

theWOWfactor wrote:
The JUDGE required both parties to submit their closing arguments to him by February 14, 2014. Let's see if the JUDGE can be impartial and do the right thing!
I seriously doubt that Judge Flannery will do the right thing here. This is the same judge who sentenced the Springboro athletic booster to 90 days in jail for stealing over $400,000. This is also the same judge who initially dismissed the case against the trustees. An appeals court sent it back to him. Kind of makes you wonder about the integrity of this judge.

I don't think anything will come out of it. The judge will put on some show using strong language like he did before so people can see he looked at the case again. And at the end of the day, business as usual with the trustees.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

ConcernedCitizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt that Judge Flannery will do the right thing here. This is the same judge who sentenced the Springboro athletic booster to 90 days in jail for stealing over $400,000. This is also the same judge who initially dismissed the case against the trustees. An appeals court sent it back to him. Kind of makes you wonder about the integrity of this judge.
I don't think anything will come out of it. The judge will put on some show using strong language like he did before so people can see he looked at the case again. And at the end of the day, business as usual with the trustees.
once again, money rules.. I.will be contacting the attorney general, Mike DeWine. I know him...
know him

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

John Parise wrote:
<quoted text>
once again, money rules.. I.will be contacting the attorney general, Mike DeWine. I know him...
You like, KNOW Mike DeWine? How do you know him? You have seen him on tv? You have been to dinner with him?

Didn't think of you as much of a name-dropper!

Well, I know John Kasich....so I will be contacting HIM! I think Governor trumps Attorney General...so I win!:)

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

know him wrote:
<quoted text>
You like, KNOW Mike DeWine? How do you know him? You have seen him on tv? You have been to dinner with him?
Didn't think of you as much of a name-dropper!
Well, I know John Kasich....so I will be contacting HIM! I think Governor trumps Attorney General...so I win!:)
He used to be my attorney and I had just talked to him about 6 months ago.
He was returning my call. Call him yourself if you don't believe me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Springboro Forum right now

Search the Springboro Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Middletown Gangs (Apr '13) 1 hr tard 21
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr DEMSRULE 29,089
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 1 hr Smith speak with 31,104
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr They cannot kill a Spook 231
Let's remember our constitution and national debt. 2 hr The Hack Checker 2
Brits want to stop female genital mutilation! 2 hr The Hack Checker 3
Michael Bloomturd has landed in Tel Aviv! 2 hr The Hack Checker 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Springboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••