Springboro Citizens are Stuck up and ...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
lifelong resident

United States

#41 Mar 6, 2011
buy even sorry lol
eva destruction

Cincinnati, OH

#42 Mar 11, 2011
lifelong resident wrote:
It saddens me to read the previous posts. You all should step outside of yourselves and watch and listen. You talk about SO many materialistic things....what people drive, what subdivision they live in, where they grocery shop, etc.... When your life has ended and you look back is THAT what you want to say are your defining moments???? As I said previously, "It cannot by you class or a heart". So I leave you with this quote from a great poet.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
~Robert Frost
Amen.
Burg Dude

Wimberley, TX

#43 Mar 14, 2011
I miss Boro's Inn. Homer's was awesome! Chasers was another good one. I played in a band at all 3 places. They were all packed every Friday and Saturday noght. Good people good times...Then the outsiders moved in. How's that school system working out for you?
Boro Dude

Miamisburg, OH

#44 Mar 15, 2011
Burg Dude wrote:
I miss Boro's Inn. Homer's was awesome! Chasers was another good one. I played in a band at all 3 places. They were all packed every Friday and Saturday noght. Good people good times...Then the outsiders moved in. How's that school system working out for you?
Thanks for the remembrance, but the good times are not over, just changed, like the Springs Bar is now closed, we move on to more and different good times. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Also the school system is doing just fine
maybe jr can resurrect it

Cincinnati, OH

#45 Mar 25, 2011
Burg Dude wrote:
Yeah, I sort of still miss Homers, too!
But Chasers & Boros? Well....maybe I didn't see the glory days of those 2 places & maybe I only saw the awful decline toward the end!
This was rude to post

Detroit, MI

#46 Apr 7, 2013
long time resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, maybe not AS stuck up as before, but still enough to raise the hair on the back of my neck. I would prefer if the mostly snobbish people in heatherwoode, settlers walk, etc..etc get their sorry backsides out of town. Unknown to folks out of town, our streets are not paved with gold, just arrogance.
As a resident of settlers walk, this is horrible. Just because we can own something nice doesn't mean we are snobby. We are nice people and have genuine morals. Please don't post before you think. We have worked very hard to get where we are. We often give to charity, and care for everyone around us.
Boro Native

Lebanon, OH

#47 Apr 8, 2013
My family came to Springboro in 1972 and I've been in Springoro ever since. It was a wonderful community then and I believe it still is now. Yes, there have been some short-sighted planning issues and the demographics have definitely changed from rural, predominately blue collar to suburban, predominately white collar. But, even so, the general population is still family-oriented and has healthy priorities, for the most part. As a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough, the same is true for a few in our community who draw a lot of attention to themselves because of their pretentiousness and blatant snobbery. But, thankfully, you'll find everyone in Springoro is not like that if you open your eyes and get to know people for who they are.
Sweets for the sweet

Columbus, OH

#48 Apr 9, 2013
I grew up in Springboro and spent the first 24 years on my life in this town. I moved away and bounced around the area, never moving far. Two years ago, I moved back to the Boro. I was excited to be back-this was HOME. This was where I was meant to be. Or so I thought. The more things change the more they stay the same and that is especially true in Springboro. You have the old guard who still does things by the good ole boys network. If you weren't "in" then, you certainly aren't "in" now. Then you have all the new blood with their pseudo wealth and over inflated self importance. I can't wait until the end of summer so I can move my family out of here. I thought I wanted to come back home, but wow, I was sadly mistaken!
poundsand

Miamisburg, OH

#49 Apr 9, 2013
good grief wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not talking about township....talking about the stuck up clowns in settlers' walk, heatherwoode, brookside. all of these are in city limits. And their favorite bee hive is Dorothy Lane Market.
BTW..there are a few stuck up creatures on city council. And they DO think they are above it all.
suffering from a bit of class envy aren't you?

sucks to be you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
George Will and so-called "conservatives"... 14 hr The Old Cold Warrior 1
"Is Trump a national security threat?" 15 hr The Duke of Hazard 20
don't waste your time or gas applying at Fuyao. (Jan '15) Fri Sinclairbroadcast... 82
D.P.&L. Sucks! Fri The Duke of Hazard 6
Why Donald Trump is hated in Scotland... Fri Literature Lover 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Fri Levy Hater 31,918
News Inmates caught in Ohio following 'Shawshank' st... Thu wichita-rick 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springboro Mortgages