yes

no

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Leonard Sholder

Bucyrus, OH

#1 Nov 6, 2008
Baker should be fired only if the BOE does not have to pay out his contract. I think we are currently paying out the contract of his predicessor. How much of this can we afford
Double dippers

Mason, OH

#2 Nov 8, 2008
Get rid of all double dippers.....He is it for the money only.....Get RID OF HIM FOREVER. And next the BOE.
not a baker fan

Dayton, OH

#3 Nov 9, 2008
Double dippers wrote:
Get rid of all double dippers.....He is it for the money only.....Get RID OF HIM FOREVER. And next the BOE.
baker is such a pompous ass, he will never resign...he thinks he is better than everyone else...who else would think that road kill he wears on his head looks good?
Cindy

Euclid, OH

#4 Nov 9, 2008
Yes, Baker should resign. In the last 9 years that he has been superintendant, my school taxes have doubled and he just keeps asking for more. My children do not need the elaborate schools that have been built and definitely not the new football field or medical office building. They need excellent core classes.

Baker and the multilayers of administration have worn out their welcome in this school district.

Thanks Diane Trifero for not learning from the past and going ahead and renewing Baker's contract until 2012, with out a full board vote. How could you have forgot about Meier?!!!
McBoro

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Nov 9, 2008
Should Baker resign? Yes, like yesterday! I would be embarrassed if I were him over the things that have come out - though he seems to have no problem with it. All he really seems to be able to do is file frivolous lawsuits and put levies on the ballot (and neither successfully), what kind of admin is that? Resign? Why wait?- throw him and his awful rug piece out...
als

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Feb 6, 2009
I agree that Baker is an ASS, so I am going to write a letter to the state asking for help in getting him to resign. If he wants to treat the schools like a business and not a place for education, then we get rid of him, because He cost to much and bring in someone cheaper and better. As far as I am concerned, get rid of the whole damn board of education and start fresh. That is what this town needs, someone to know how to handle money. Not only is the school district in trouble but so is the City with the biulding that is costing us millions of dollars more than first proposed. I moved to this town 10 years ago and I have three children in the school district.
All I want to know is, where the hell did you people find these jokes that run this school system.

SPRINGBORO NEEDS A CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!
DeerHunterDad

United States

#7 Feb 7, 2009
als wrote:
If he wants to treat the schools like a business and not a place for education, then we get rid of him, because He cost to much and bring in someone cheaper and better.
People who voted down the levy are the ones who want schools to be run like a business, aren't they? They're the ones who want cuts, cuts, and more cuts at the expense of education.
fact

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Feb 7, 2009
als wrote:
I agree that Baker is an ASS, so I am going to write a letter to the state asking for help in getting him to resign. If he wants to treat the schools like a business and not a place for education, then we get rid of him, because He cost to much and bring in someone cheaper and better. As far as I am concerned, get rid of the whole damn board of education and start fresh. That is what this town needs, someone to know how to handle money. Not only is the school district in trouble but so is the City with the biulding that is costing us millions of dollars more than first proposed. I moved to this town 10 years ago and I have three children in the school district.
All I want to know is, where the hell did you people find these jokes that run this school system.
SPRINGBORO NEEDS A CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!
Get a grip. The City saved up 3 million before they even broke ground. Half was paid up front! The City is fine. Check your facts before you rant!
McBoro

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Feb 7, 2009
fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a grip. The City saved up 3 million before they even broke ground. Half was paid up front! The City is fine. Check your facts before you rant!
Noticed that you didn't dispute the fact that Baker is an ASS... LOL

Since: May 08

Christiansburg, OH

#10 Feb 8, 2009
I feel that Mr. Baker should resign and volunteer his services to our community. This would cause Mr. Baker no financial hardship, since he already has earned at taxpayers' expense a comfortable retirement income. And he could give back to "our children's future" his yearly salary of approximately $100,000.
not a baker fan

Dayton, OH

#11 Mar 1, 2009
Stay Alert wrote:
I feel that Mr. Baker should resign and volunteer his services to our community. This would cause Mr. Baker no financial hardship, since he already has earned at taxpayers' expense a comfortable retirement income. And he could give back to "our children's future" his yearly salary of approximately $100,000.
whatever you say, Bruce....
Stay Alert

United States

#12 Mar 1, 2009
Stay Alert wrote:

whatever you say, Bruce....

Sounds like we agree, Don....
Mark Witsken

Springfield, OH

#13 Mar 2, 2009
Whatever his motives may be, the impression they get of his ego, language and mannerisms are what taxpayers bring home with them at the end of the day.

Mainly for this key reason, I honestly don't think this district will pass additional millage, as long as Dr. David Baker's holding the helm.

There IS a delicate public relations side to being a school district superintendent.
If this man's discovered this fact at all, he's finding out about it...too late.
just in time

Dayton, OH

#14 Apr 21, 2009
Contact or not, two more levy defeats and Dr. Baker is gone. Supertindents are hired to pass levies. In his contracts are conditions and it is clear he has violations. The violations are known but unless there brought out in the open, nothing happens.

Since: May 08

Waterford, OH

#15 Apr 22, 2009
just in time wrote:
Contact or not, two more levy defeats and Dr. Baker is gone. Supertindents are hired to pass levies. In his contracts are conditions and it is clear he has violations. The violations are known but unless there brought out in the open, nothing happens.
To which violations that are "known" are you referring? Many voters in this school district are fairly "newcomers" and only know what was learned about our school leadership during the past year, as this school levy was failed three times. Many of our neighbors for increased taxes promote passing the May 5 levy by reasoning "it's going to happen anyway, so why not now?" Some would say that some residents are feeling "beat down" (certainly not common sense voters, but mostly greedy panther parents) and we all need the encouragement of knowing there can possibly be a "legal" end to the harrassment of this school district for more, more, more of our hard earned money. And now, just in time, it seems that there is a glimmer of hope that "legally" Springboro citizens can take action to rid our community of Mr. Baker and his greedy agenda of more, more, more money for his agenda, and less for hard working taxpayers. Is it really as simple as voting down only two more levies? Most folks are interested in knowing more if there are "facts" that can be provided, please.
Fact2

Mount Gilead, OH

#16 Apr 22, 2009
fact wrote:
<quoted text>
3 million is not half of 8.8million,I read somewhere Ms. Thomspon said she had a heart attack when she got the final bids. Why is the city applying for so much Recovery Act money if it's fine?

Since: Dec 08

Tampa, FL

#17 Apr 22, 2009
Fact2 wrote:
<quoted text>
3 million is not half of 8.8million,I read somewhere Ms. Thomspon said she had a heart attack when she got the final bids. Why is the city applying for so much Recovery Act money if it's fine?
Fact2 - Need to check your facts - the final contract number with the contractor who is building the building (whose name escapes me right now) was like $6.8 million. I think I remember reading that the initial bids were high, but the City negotiated some things with the contractor and was able to get the price down to around what they originally estimated it to be.
springboro citizen

Spring Valley, OH

#18 Apr 22, 2009
Fact2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it can , and the total cost of the new city building is a little over 6 million, not 8.8.
Anonymous

Englewood, OH

#19 Apr 22, 2009
Should or Would?

Should, yes. Would or Will, heck no. More money with you get kicked out and they buy out your contract.
absolutely

Cincinnati, OH

#20 May 10, 2009
if he was a decent guy he would

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump gives us hope for budget cuts. 20 hr ardith 6
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Tue Retired teacher 31,984
psychic mediums Mon sarah 1
stop!!! Mon Dindunuffin 2
Dear Ron,... Mon Dindunuffin 2
Dominatrix in heatherwood (Mar '13) Apr 24 OHno 6
Reward: Stolen Blue Camry License Number FDA 9769 (Nov '15) Apr 22 Derek 2

Springboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springboro Mortgages