Longtime WDTN Sports Director Omar Wi...

Longtime WDTN Sports Director Omar Williams passes away

There are 32 comments on the WDTN Dayton story from May 5, 2008, titled Longtime WDTN Sports Director Omar Williams passes away. In it, WDTN Dayton reports that:

Longtime WDTN Sports Director Omar Williams has died. Williams passed away Sunday morning at his home in Marco Island, Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDTN Dayton.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sally Conard

Dayton, OH

#21 May 7, 2008
I got to know Omar William and his wife
Janice when I signed up for a trip to Ireland and England. Both of them were
Host and Hostess. They would ask me to join them on different occasion, since
I was traveling alone.
The second Trip with Omar
was to Switzerland with my Mom this
time. But want I remember the most
was that Omar did not like Mushrooms
and neither did I, so here we were
Scraping or pick off the mushrooms
that on our meal. so at the end of
dinner there was a stack of mushrooms
on our plates.
Omar will be greatly missed
Bonnie

Dayton, OH

#22 May 7, 2008
I was shocked when I heard Marty mention Omar's passing during a recent Reds' game. It is somehow appropriate that my first notice of Omar's passing came from a baseball game, for Omar was truly the one and only person who my parents and I ever received our sports news from. My condolences go to his family.
George Mason

Fresno, CA

#23 May 8, 2008
Remembering Omar (and Kris and Bob and Carl...) from newsroom days at WDTN 1977-83 which still seem like yesterday. Cannot make it to Miamisburg but will spend the next couple of days going over old tapes, to be sure.
ron b gann

Washington Court House, OH

#24 May 8, 2008
omar was a fine man i had a chance him a long time ago still number 1 to me god bless him and his family
John Carter

AOL

#25 May 12, 2008
I remember when I met Omar in person for the first time 1957. It was at the WLW-D station and he was host of The Eager Leager, a baseball show that featured local kids from the Dayton area. My impression was how great he dressed. His clothes were bright and cheerful, but his argyle socks is what really stood out. He treated all of us as if we were important people. Thanks Omar, you were one of a kind. John
Steve Sanders

White Plains, KY

#26 May 13, 2008
It is truly a sad day in Dayton, I grew up listing to Omar. He was the best.
MIKE

Englewood, OH

#27 May 26, 2008
Omar interviewed me one time for the United Cerebral Palsy telethon.
roger insprucker

Cincinnati, OH

#28 May 28, 2008
I remember coming to Dayton Ohio sometime in 1962 or 1963 and trying out for a show that Omar williams hosted that was kind of like American band Stand with live bands I was13 or14 had to have my older sister drive me and my band to the show from cincinnati on a Saturday morning to preform live on the show.....Omar williams was a great guy and even though we were nobodys he made us feel like we were somebody
Darryl Hinkle

Spencerville, OH

#29 Apr 18, 2014
Omar Williams, I grew up in he fifties and sixties watching Omar Williams doing the sports and the sporting events To me he was the only sportscaster. What a time that was!
The Duke of Hazard

Spencerville, IN

#30 Apr 18, 2014
Friday, April 18, 2014: Inside the bedroom of my spouseless West Carrollton house, upon the wooden windowsill on the right side of my bed, there is a "Omar's" bar glass on display; reflecting the sunlight and reminding me of when I got really drunk there with some GM pals without any good-looking gals. Omar's Place was located in the basement of the former Fricker's building that had been bars and restaurants when the Dixie Highway, Old Route 25, was the main road before the Interstate highways in the 1960s. It was something to see Omar and his TV pals in the bar. This Omar's glass reminds me of that night that I got high and drank too much, with my friends, reminding me to never to do such dangerous nonsense again.
Dennis E Gannon

United States

#31 Jan 13, 2015
The Duke of Hazard wrote:
Friday, April 18, 2014: Inside the bedroom of my spouseless West Carrollton house, upon the wooden windowsill on the right side of my bed, there is a "Omar's" bar glass on display; reflecting the sunlight and reminding me of when I got really drunk there with some GM pals without any good-looking gals. Omar's Place was located in the basement of the former Fricker's building that had been bars and restaurants when the Dixie Highway, Old Route 25, was the main road before the Interstate highways in the 1960s. It was something to see Omar and his TV pals in the bar. This Omar's glass reminds me of that night that I got high and drank too much, with my friends, reminding me to never to do such dangerous nonsense again.
Good lord, who gave you alcohol?
Doctor Holliday

Dayton, OH

#32 Jan 14, 2015
Dennis E Gannon wrote:
<quoted text>
Good lord, who gave you alcohol?
At least he paid for it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Matt Morrow? (Oct '15) 14 hr Cooter 77
he is greg fugate,bates or billy woods around ?... 20 hr 4real 2
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Thu Prince 31,998
I hate gays Wed Duhh 6
tired or race topics (Jan '16) Jun 20 Whatnow 4
News Man who died after breaking out police car wind... (Jul '11) Jun 20 willbeatyoazzinpe... 12
Sheriff’s captain not indicted in jail pepper-s... Jun 20 Tantor 2

Springboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springboro Mortgages