Wayne Township elementary 1969-1970

Wayne Township elementary 1969-1970

Posted in the Spring Valley Forum

“Question All things ”

Since: Jan 10

Gray Hawk and Beyond

#1 Jun 5, 2010
Would like to hear from anyone who went to school at Wayne Township School in Jacksonburg, Ohio. The following link is a picture of the now abandoned school.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/oldohioschools/3...
Gerald Van Winkle

Lebanon, OH

#3 Oct 18, 2011
I cannot verify this information, but I had heard that the reason the building still stands is because of the prohibitive expense of asbestos removal. Sounds plausible to me.
Gerald Van Winkle

Lebanon, OH

#4 Oct 19, 2011
When I attended Wayne School, Kenneth Hackler was principal and William Kennel was vice-principal. Mr. Hackler was famous for being able to turn his eyelids inside-out(Both fascinating and grossing us out simultaneously),and for his paddling skills.
Whether apocryphal or not(I can't verify),I heard that Mr. Hackler was instrumental in saving lives during the Beverly Hills Supper Club disaster.
Bill Kennel went on to be vice-principal at Edgewood Junior High in Seven Mile.
Beth Natali

Columbus, OH

#5 Sunday Jul 8
Gerald Van Winkle wrote:
When I attended Wayne School, Kenneth Hackler was principal and William Kennel was vice-principal. Mr. Hackler was famous for being able to turn his eyelids inside-out(Both fascinating and grossing us out simultaneously),and for his paddling skills.
Whether apocryphal or not(I can't verify),I heard that Mr. Hackler was instrumental in saving lives during the Beverly Hills Supper Club disaster.
Bill Kennel went on to be vice-principal at Edgewood Junior High in Seven Mile.
That's one of the first things I remember about Mr. Hackler - the eyelids!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 20 min Donald Trump 22,409
Corrupt Waynesville Police Wed Jamie P 1
Adult movie theaters (Sep '12) Jul 15 Spanky 16
child murders 1980 (Jul '08) Jul 15 April Wynn 19
News Dayton company lands $20M contract to make wate... Jul 7 404 not found 18
Down2mycore (Dec '17) Jul 6 Momma1991 36
News Local flag and banner retailer continues to gro... Jul 5 Anonymous 1

Spring Valley Jobs

Personal Finance

Spring Valley Mortgages