Dayton company lands $20M contract to...

Dayton company lands $20M contract to make water improvement upgrades in Columbus

There are 18 comments on the Business Journal story from Jul 5, 2018, titled Dayton company lands $20M contract to make water improvement upgrades in Columbus. In it, Business Journal reports that:

A Dayton construction firm has landed a $20 million project to upgrade the Dublin Road water treatment facility in Columbus. Shook Construction is starting work this month on upgrades at the Dublin Road Water Plant, where it will install a new ultraviolet disinfection facility.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Business Journal.

Duke for Mayor

Kent, OH

#2 Jul 7, 2018
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
Kokosing has been working on the dublin rd blant for years. Now another company will be there "up grade " Wonder what is the bribe percentage?
Yeah, because it would be unnecessary for a municipal utility providing potable water for a million and a half people and the businesses they work at to have more than one improvement project in progress at a treatment plant.

You're one of those idiots who think potable water in cities appears at the tap through magic, aren't you?

woof
Duke for Mayor

Kent, OH

#4 Jul 7, 2018
<quoted text>

Dumbass, Kokosing was doing an expansion and rebuild, so that should have included the uv treatment.

You can't even make a decent fake lawyer, you are an even dumber fake engineer.
Your assertions are false.

Unless you have detailed knowledge of the public utilites bureau's contracts you have no idea whether that was intended as result of budget constraints when Kokosing's contract was entered into, or an oversight.

As always, you think you know it all.

woof
404 not found

Columbus, OH

#6 Jul 7, 2018
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>

Your assertions are false.

Unless you have detailed knowledge of the public utilites bureau's contracts you have no idea whether that was intended as result of budget constraints when Kokosing's contract was entered into, or an oversight.

As always, you think you know it all.

woof
He's more correct than you are. There always seems to be work going on with the water system and the Airport. The way they run things is like building a house on a slab and then deciding you want to add a basement. And with water regs, it gets beyond ridiculous where they incur all these unnecessary expenses to reduce some particle because they found a one in three trillion parts of something.

I call BS - BS that something that occurs at a "one in X trillion" parts is bad for you and I call BS that they can even detect something that microscopic. It's just makework (and waste) for the government.

Likewise with the Airport. How many times are they going to relocate those runways? They just spent $80 million to remodel a terminal they're going to tear down within 10 years. YES, THIS GOVERNMENT SUCKS.
Duke for Mayor

Kent, OH

#7 Jul 7, 2018
404 not found wrote:
<quoted text>

He's more correct than you are. There always seems to be work going on with the water system and the Airport. The way they run things is like building a house on a slab and then deciding you want to add a basement. And with water regs, it gets beyond ridiculous where they incur all these unnecessary expenses to reduce some particle because they found a one in three trillion parts of something.

I call BS - BS that something that occurs at a "one in X trillion" parts is bad for you and I call BS that they can even detect something that microscopic. It's just makework (and waste) for the government.

Likewise with the Airport. How many times are they going to relocate those runways? They just spent $80 million to remodel a terminal they're going to tear down within 10 years. YES, THIS GOVERNMENT SUCKS.
In the professional operation of a potable water supply and distribution system there are always multiple capital improvements being planned, designed, and constructed. Budget constraints, the continuous changing availabilty of federal, state, and local funding streams, and the availability of qualified contractors preclude doing everything at once. There is no possible way that any utility can possibly replace every component of a potable water supply collection, treatment, and distribution system in a city the size of Columbus at the same time.

You don't know what you are talking about either. Having worked in that field for nearly two decades, I have no doubt that I know a little more about how municipal utility capital improvements are planned, designed, prioritized, funded, and constructed than he or you do.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Kent, OH

#8 Jul 7, 2018
404 not found wrote:
<quoted text>

Ahhhh another science denier.

Have some cryptosporidium in that lemonade, dude. Have fun with that.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Kent, OH

#9 Jul 7, 2018
404 not found wrote:
<quoted text>

And with water regs, it gets beyond ridiculous where they incur all these unnecessary expenses to reduce some particle because they found a one in three trillion parts of something.

Frightwingers hate science, don't you? Or is it that you love diarreah and nausea?

https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/crypto/gen_info...

woof
Duke for Mayor

Kent, OH

#10 Jul 7, 2018
404 not found wrote:
<quoted text>
And with water regs, it gets beyond ridiculous where they incur all these unnecessary expenses to reduce some particle because they found a one in three trillion parts of something.

BOOOOO!!!!

More science:

http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/eh/water/f...

woof
404 not found

Reynoldsburg, OH

#11 Jul 7, 2018
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>

Ahhhh another science denier.

Have some cryptosporidium in that lemonade, dude. Have fun with that.

woof
No, you're a reality denier. Do you still believe in the food pyramid? Do you believe in the New Ice Age?(1970's propaganda). Do you believe in world famine due to overpopulation? Do you believe we are running out of oil anytime soon? Do you believe DDT kills birds when one guy had been eating the stuff for 30 year and it hasn't killed him?

Doom and gloom and leftist scams.

No I don't believe that something that occurs in one part of X trillions is going to kill you.
Duke for Mayor

Kent, OH

#12 Jul 7, 2018
404 not found wrote:
<quoted text>

No, you're a reality denier. Do you still believe in the food pyramid? Do you believe in the New Ice Age?(1970's propaganda). Do you believe in world famine due to overpopulation? Do you believe we are running out of oil anytime soon? Do you believe DDT kills birds when one guy had been eating the stuff for 30 year and it hasn't killed him?

Doom and gloom and leftist scams.

No I don't believe that something that occurs in one part of X trillions is going to kill you.
I'm certain that you believe Noah saved all of the animals now on earth by building a boat as big as Bubba's Lake Erie dinghy.

woof
404 not found

Reynoldsburg, OH

#14 Jul 7, 2018
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm certain that you believe Noah saved all of the animals now on earth by building a boat as big as Bubba's Lake Erie dinghy.

woof
Yes, I do believe that Noah saved all of the animals in his midst when the area around the Red Sea (?) flooded. That was the extent of their world at the time. They had no way to conceive of anything beyond that.

The bible passes down much of the oral history of the humanity. Science is confirming that these events actually took place.
Duke for Mayor

Kent, OH

#15 Jul 7, 2018
404 not found wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes, I do believe that Noah saved all of the animals in his midst when the area around the Red Sea (?) flooded. That was the extent of their world at the time. They had no way to conceive of anything beyond that.

The bible passes down much of the oral history of the humanity. Science is confirming that these events actually took place.
Well, this explains a lot about you.

Link me to a single peer reviewed scientific journal article that concludes that Noah saved the animals in a big boat.

I'd love to read that.

Chop chop.

woof
404 not found

Reynoldsburg, OH

#16 Jul 7, 2018
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>

Well, this explains a lot about you.

Link me to a single peer reviewed scientific journal article that concludes that Noah saved the animals in a big boat.

I'd love to read that.

Chop chop.

woof
... That’s not to say that scientific explanations of the Great Flood can’t be made responsibly. "It is by no means impossible that the story of Noah's Flood had some actual basis in reality," Landau wrote to Newsweek. "A number of other ancient Near Eastern cultures have similar flood myths."

Geologists from Columbia University have proposed that Mediterranean glaciers disastrously raised the levels of the Black Sea when they melted around 7,500 years ago. At the United States State Department’s Los Alamos National Laboratory, an environmental geologist proposed that a comet crashed near the coast of Madagascar 5,000 years ago, setting off a series of global tsunamis.

“These are two thoughtful and creative scientific hypotheses suggesting natural explanations for the biblical account of Noah’s Flood,” Landau told Newsweek....
Duke for Mayor

Kent, OH

#17 Jul 7, 2018
404 not found wrote:
<quoted text>

... That’s not to say that scientific explanations of the Great Flood can’t be made responsibly. "It is by no means impossible that the story of Noah's Flood had some actual basis in reality," Landau wrote to Newsweek. "A number of other ancient Near Eastern cultures have similar flood myths."

Geologists from Columbia University have proposed that Mediterranean glaciers disastrously raised the levels of the Black Sea when they melted around 7,500 years ago. At the United States State Department’s Los Alamos National Laboratory, an environmental geologist proposed that a comet crashed near the coast of Madagascar 5,000 years ago, setting off a series of global tsunamis.

“These are two thoughtful and creative scientific hypotheses suggesting natural explanations for the biblical account of Noah’s Flood,” Landau told Newsweek....
I will repeat: Show me one peer reviewed article published in a scientifc journal that proves or concludes that Noah's Ark is more than a fairy tale.

Still waiting.

woof
404 not found

Reynoldsburg, OH

#18 Jul 7, 2018
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>

I will repeat: Show me one peer reviewed article published in a scientifc journal that proves or concludes that Noah's Ark is more than a fairy tale.

Still waiting.

woof
I'll show you ones from the 70's about peak oil, the coming Ice Age and how margarine is healthier than butter/
Duke for Mayor

Kent, OH

#19 Jul 7, 2018
404 not found wrote:
<quoted text>

I'll show you ones from the 70's about peak oil, the coming Ice Age and how margarine is healthier than butter/
But I didn't ask for those. You claim that Noah's Ark was real, and that he saved the little critters.

Show me the science.

woof
404 not found

Reynoldsburg, OH

#21 Jul 7, 2018
<quoted text>

Being a laborer for Kenmoore does make you knowledgeable in water treatment. Colemanistan for all is other faults has a financially fit utilities , water supply said very financially solid.
I deal with water treatment facilities all the time. And kickbacks occur in that area of public work like all others. Colemanistan is like Chicongo only politicians are cheaper to buy. Just ask redflex l,M E companies, or Fischel.
He knows all about that. He once claimed he left Akron city government because of it.
Duke for Mayor

Kent, OH

#22 Jul 7, 2018
<quoted text>

Being a laborer for Kenmoore does make you knowledgeable in water treatment. Colemanistan for all is other faults has a financially fit utilities , water supply said very financially solid.
I deal with water treatment facilities all the time. And kickbacks occur in that area of public work like all others. Colemanistan is like Chicongo only politicians are cheaper to buy. Just ask redflex l,M E companies, or Fischel.
You labored for Kenmore? Did you suck Billy Scala's peeenis? Or was it Mikey's

Nuff said.

woof
404 not found

Reynoldsburg, OH

#23 Jul 7, 2018
<quoted text>

They are financially fit, they provide a good value .......... but they still waste a lot of money unnecessarily on these "environmental" projects to eliminate some miniscule thing.

Financial fitness is easy as long as you keep growing because it's a ponzi scheme where incoming residents pay to fix the old stuff that's broken. When you stop growing (and I hope we do -- it's starting to get too big around here), financial fitness becomes a lot harder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is It Sinful for Christian Women to Wear Pants ... (Nov '06) Sep 18 BobTrent 538
Idiots Wanted Sep 13 Shyster 1
only The brave proceed! Sep 13 Gmatt21 3
Dimensional Portal Sep 12 BP Bathroom 3
No more Craigslist Sep 5 BigMatt 1
News Judo Instructor Surrenders, Accused Of Sex With... (May '07) Aug '17 03killer 16
Test (Nov '12) Nov '12 Test 1

Spring Valley Jobs

Personal Finance

Spring Valley Mortgages