Soaring school tax bills in North Rockland

Full story: The Journal News

School tax bills will increase by more than 33 percent in Haverstraw town and by nearly 19 percent in Stony Point, North Rockland school district officials said yesterday.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jun 11, 2014
bob stone

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2006

well come to fort myers florida just got my tax bill for everything with homestead its only 314.00 this year. you have to fight those govt idiots and have homestead saves lot of money
Crying Shame

Warwick, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2008

This is becoming ridiculous! Our taxes have went up so much - we are barely surviving! This crap with Mirant is crazy! Now the school taxes are going to increase AGAIN! I think everyone should NOT pay their taxes - we should take a stand as a community and not pay - What, are they going to take everyone's home? No way. I am serious - Let's all NOT pay - this is taxation without representation - Someone, please take the IV out - my blood is dry!!!!!!!
Broke Man

Warwick, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2008

Attn: Crying Shame - I am in - PAY NO TAXES!!! I am dead serious as well. Philips was suppossed to grab the bull by it's horns - he must have grabbed something else! No bail out from Letchworth so he reaches back into our pockets. Mirant has enough money - the Government should pay them back! Let's get a petition together with a commitment from the community and seriously NOT pay our taxes! Let's give Mirant a Tea Party!
Fed up

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

When the money runs short has anyone ever thought of cutting the bills. If there is not enough money in the tax income, cut the expenses. I had to take a pay cut so why not school staff.......
Senior

New City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

I am all for it, let's not pay the taxes. The school staff at North rockland is highly over paid.
Majority of the staff does not even live in this county. I haven't had any kids in school since 1999
so why do I have to pay school taxes? Once your kids finish school our taxes should be reduced, or done away with. Most states don't pay school taxes,and the schools still function, and the home owner doesn't get raked over the coals.It's time to fight, or we have to leave the state
Peter Tarsio

West Haverstraw, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2014

North Rockland at one time had low taxes now that is not longer the case and we are being held up against a wall and paying more and more until you go bankrupt. i am on a fixed income and even with the Star program the taxes are increased to offset the difference. Too many cops and teachers getting the gravy and the glut at the top with administrators is a problem. All the industry that was here are now gone or left town so the tax revenues are taken out of the hide of the homeowner.. What is there to be done but have a tax rebellion and or no pay it with the last resort to move from here and not have to deal with this injustice.
Peter Tarsio

West Haverstraw, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2014

One other problem is that this area has become overcrowded and the cost living is rising. Look at the taxes on other items from gasoline, oil, food, clothing etc. The taxes we pay here are outrageous and the local government just bills the home owner or you have no choice but to sell your home. who is going to buy it under these circumstances?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Spring Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr positronium 6,400
Locksmith Bay Ridge (Mar '11) Mon Eugene Dean 4
Gregg Brie released without bail on charges of ... (Mar '08) Aug 21 did time with brie 53
Review: Nyack Computer (Apr '11) Aug 16 nyack knows 8
frum monsey news (Apr '07) Aug 11 Yankle 19
military Aug 10 Julie 2
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Aug 9 JEWISH VOICE 438

Search the Spring Valley Forum:
•••

Spring Valley News Video

•••
Spring Valley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Spring Valley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••